Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account (2065 Views)

A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / 220,000 Nigerians Apply For U.S. Visa In 2014 – U.S. Embassy / Nigerian Rapper Died Of Shock In UK, Post Mortem Shows (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by igbogolo: 2:26pm On Apr 13, 2011
Hey people,

I have no experience with this. Please is it acceptable for UK graduates to apply for a post study visa in Nigeria with a UK bank account?

Please anyone with similar experience can please reply.
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by justwise(m): 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2011
igbogolo:

Hey people,

I have no experience with this. Please is it acceptable for UK graduates to apply for a post study visa in Nigeria with a UK bank account?

Please anyone with similar experience can please reply.

You can but how old is the bank statement and how long have u been in Nigeria?
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by igbogolo: 2:46pm On Apr 13, 2011
she would be coming back next month and would be applying in nigeria when she gets there. so she has not really been in nigeria long. her last travel was in November last year where she stayed just 19 days.

She has been in the UK for a year and a half and has not really been using her nigerian account and infact there is no money in her GTB account for now. But she has enough funds to apply with her UK account.
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by justwise(m): 2:55pm On Apr 13, 2011
igbogolo:

she would be coming back next month and would be applying in nigeria when she gets there. so she has not really been in nigeria long. her last travel was in November last year where she stayed just 19 days.

She has been in the UK for a year and a half and has not really been using her nigerian account and infact there is no money in her GTB account for now. But she has enough funds to apply with her UK account.

That wouldn't be a problem, she can get her Uk bank statement(3months) and travel to Nigeria and apply or pay the money into her GTB account and apply. Applying from Nigeria will be cheaper interms of application fees but more expensive interms of the money she need to have in her account. If she is applying in the UK, she only need to have £800 in her account but applying from Nigeria she will need to have abt £2,000 in her account.
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by igbogolo: 3:04pm On Apr 13, 2011
Thanks Justwise.

The problem is that I heard from my former colleagues who said that a friend was not allowed to use his UK account at the VFS office in Lagos.

My girlfriend is the one applying for this post study visa, and if for instance she has to use her nigerian account, then she would have to wait for 3 months in nigeria after depositing the funds to use the nigerian account. We are supposed to travel together in June so I am afraid that her visa would not be ready by then.

She has emailed the UK embassy to enquire and has not gotten any reply for 2 weeks now.
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by justwise(m): 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2011
igbogolo:

Thanks Justwise.

The problem is that I heard from my former colleagues who said that a friend was not allowed to use his UK account at the VFS office in Lagos.

My girlfriend is the one applying for this post study visa, and if for instance she has to use her nigerian account, then she would have to wait for 3 months in nigeria after depositing the funds to use the nigerian account. We are supposed to travel together in June so I am afraid that her visa would not be ready by then.

She has emailed the UK embassy to enquire and has not gotten any reply for 2 weeks now.
I see where u are coming from, have you visited the VFS to find out? Why not ask her to send u the money then u pay it into her account and start counting the 3months? You can both travel at the later date to avoid refusal.
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by igbogolo: 3:56pm On Apr 13, 2011
Thanks justwise.

I have emailed the VFS already. I will get a call card and call their contact center hoping that someone will even answer me.

Thanks a lot
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by justwise(m): 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2011
igbogolo:

Thanks justwise.

I have emailed the VFS already. [b]I will get a call card and call their contact center hoping that someone will even answer me.[/b]Thanks a lot

Good idea.
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by igbogolo: 8:48am On Apr 14, 2011
Hi Justwise,

I just received a mail from vfs where they just referred me to their website and to the UKBA website.

The UKBA website only wants evidence of 2800GBP as maintenance funds and nowhere did it require that the funds must be denominated in the country's currency. I would be safe to assume they want an equivalent of 2800GBP going by current exchange rates.

If the account was legally opened when she was admitted to study and is even denominated in UK's currency. then I really doubt the rationale behind VFS refusing to accept UK bank account statements for this purpose. I have told her to go ahead and travel with her documents to Nigeria.

If anything happens ( I doubt it though), I will write it here for others to learn.

Thanks for everything.

Kind regards,
Igbogolo
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by justwise(m): 9:17am On Apr 14, 2011
igbogolo:

Hi Justwise,

I just received a mail from vfs where they just referred me to their website and to the UKBA website.
The UKBA website only wants evidence of 2800GBP as maintenance funds and nowhere did it require that the funds must be denominated in the country's currency. I would be safe to assume they want an equivalent of 2800GBP going by current exchange rates.
If the account was legally opened when she was admitted to study and is even denominated in UK's currency. then I really doubt the rationale behind VFS refusing to accept UK bank account statements for this purpose. I have told her to go ahead and travel with her documents to Nigeria.
If anything happens ( I doubt it though), I will write it here for others to learn.

Thanks for everything.Kind regards,
Igbogolo
I think VFS is finding it difficult to verify foreign bank statements hence the need to use local bank statement, u and ur gf can try and see if they will accept it, i know ur gf wouldn't submit fake foregin but the activities of some of our 9ja brothers are affecting every decent 9ja.

Yes its the equivalent of £2800, use oanda for the convertion cos that is the only currency convertion website BHC accepts.
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by tunnytox(m): 9:24am On Apr 14, 2011
As far as I know VFS are not responsible for processing your visa so their job is merely to convey your application to the British embassy. They do not have any power to decide or determine for you which bank statement you want to use and where the bank statement originated from that is the Job if the ECO. So forget about the claim that you won't be allowed to use UK bank statement for your application in Nigeria because this is not true
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by igbogolo: 9:25am On Apr 14, 2011
Thanks Justwise.

She will be using the originals for her application. I have also told her to get a letter from LLoyds in addition to make assurance doubly sure.
Lets cross our fingers and see.

I apreciate!

igbogolo
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by igbogolo: 9:29am On Apr 14, 2011
Tonytux,

My sentiments exactly! But in Nigeria strange things carry the day and you would even be surprised at what goes on at the VFS office in Lagos.
I have thralled through the UKBA requirements with her to verify why such a thing should happen in Lagos. Maybe as justwise said, they use nigerian statements to verify authenticity as I have no other explanation for something like this.

I have advised her to go ahead with her lloyds statement. Lets see what happens afterwards.

Kind regards,
Igbogolo
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by justwise(m): 9:30am On Apr 14, 2011
tunnytox:

As far as I know VFS are not responsible for processing your visa so their job is merely to convey your application to the British embassy. They do not have any power to decide or determine for you which bank statement you want to use and where the bank statement originated from that is the Job if the ECO. So forget about the claim that you won't be allowed to use UK bank statement for your application in Nigeria because this is not true

I was thinking along the same line as well but the poster said a friend told him that VFS do not accept foreign bank statement.
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by justwise(m): 9:34am On Apr 14, 2011
igbogolo:

Tonytux,
My sentiments exactly! But in Nigeria strange things carry the day and you would even be surprised at what goes on at the VFS office in Lagos.
I have thralled through the UKBA requirements with her to verify why such a thing should happen in Lagos. Maybe as justwise said, they use nigerian statements to verify authenticity as I have no other explanation for something like this.
I have advised her to go ahead with her lloyds statement. Lets see what happens afterwards.
Kind regards,
Igbogolo

You and ur gf should go ahead and apply, i really do not see any serious reason for refusing foreign bank statement that could be easily verified
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by igbogolo: 9:41am On Apr 14, 2011
Thanks justwise.

I have allready advised her to go ahead with it. The response from VFS was not even specific. They just referred me to teh UKBA website.
I asked weather it is Ok to use a foreigh statement to apply for the post study and they referred em to the UKBA website. They did not say yes or no.

I forwarded the same email to my girlfriend. Since there are no specifics, I will assume it is ok to use any statement provided it is verifyable and has the accepted balace going by recent exchange rates. Abi oh?

She will be coming down to nigeria third week of may and will make the application immediately. hopefully it should be approved within a week for us to make our travel plans xxxxx

Thanks everyone. Justwise thanks a great deal wink
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by joxiri: 7:04pm On Apr 14, 2011
Poster
  I applied for psw using uk bank accounts in lagos last year and i got it, i dont know if things have changed but
  you have to have 2800 pounds in the account and you have to apply no later than 1 month after the last day the 2800 pounds was in the account in other words these bank statements have to be dated not more than a month before your application
  to be honest i actually used 2 months original statements and the 3rd month was an electronic print out  that i printed a day before the application, as silly Santander refused to stamp it for my sister and it would have been longer than a month if i had waited for it in the posts and i applied on the very last day i could possibly apply as i graduated exactly that date 365 days earlier   but i wrote a strong letter explaining how it was impossible for me to withdraw funds from my account in the uk if my bank card was with me in Lagos
  finally i think there was a legislation during that period that might have aided my application cant remember what it is
  But nevertheless as far as am aware you can use uk statements make sure they are not more than a month old on the day of your application

it took 15 days to get my psw visa

if you have any more worries go to immigrationboards.com and click on psw section that website was of great assistance to me throughout  out my application plenty of people to share their experiences with you
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by muami(m): 11:23pm On Apr 14, 2011
There is no restriction on the geographical location or currency denomination of the account you can use to apply for visa. What is important is that you have access to the account and it is verifiable. I know people who applied for visas in UK with Nigerian bank account, and my spouse and kids have also applied and granted dependant visas in Nigeria with my UK bank account. I am also surprised about the story that the VFS rejected a UK bank account. As far as I know they play no role in the determination of the documents you are to summit and in the determination of your application.
Re: Uk Post Study Visa In Nigeria With Uk Bank Account by igbogolo: 9:44am On Apr 15, 2011
@ Muami &Joxiri,

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

15 Interesting Places To Visit in 2015 / Kenya Tourist Visa : Urgent / Countries you can Travel to Without A Degree Qualification.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.