Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? (3172 Views)

Older Women Vs Younger Women. Guys, Which Do You Prefer? / Younger Men Dating Older Women - Reasons / Why Do Black Women Always Have Attitude Towards Guys Dating White Females? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2011
i notice especially on nairaland quite a few 20-24 to 30 year olds tend to have this attitude, feeling anyone over that age automatically wishes they were younger, like them.

what gives them this impression? Maybe some of the women they know, or the multitude of females who go through plastic surgery to look younger.

or is it the males telling them they prefer younger women because of tighter womanliness. However, its not everybody who cares about impressing such men.

just curious.

i was used to both my grandmas wrinkles and couldnt imagine them any other way.
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2011
NEW YORK - People magazine is naming Jennifer Lopez the World's Most Beautiful Woman.

The singer, actress and "American Idol" judge tops the magazine's annual list of "the World's Most Beautiful" in a special double issue.

Lopez is joined on this honor roll by such lovelies as Halle (HA'-lee) Berry, Jennifer Garner and Beyonce (bee-AHN'-say) Knowles.

Commenting on her lofty title, the 41-year-old Lopez says, "I feel happy and proud. Proud that I'm not 25!"

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jennifer-lopez-named-peoples-most-beautiful-woman/60482?nc
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Goldieluks: 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2011
Umm,so are you a grandma yourself or?
''just curious'' undecided
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 13, 2011
^^did i say any of the idiocy you just typed there?

i think you can read english- i said i liked both my grandmas with their wrinkles and whatever else came with old age, and cant imagine them any other way.

my point being that looking sexy or being younger isnt the beginning or end of life.

no need to start throwing personal jabs and embarassing yourself here.

maybe you have no grandma?
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Goldieluks: 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2011
i have no grandma,so ,will you be my grandma?
i will pay you if you want. no offiense.
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 13, 2011
You think too highly of yourself.

Overbloated.
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Goldieluks: 4:11pm On Apr 13, 2011
Look who's talking,
kettle.pot.black

back to topic!!!
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 13, 2011
You're the one derailing the thred with your s.tupidity, so go offload your idiocy on someone else since i aint your therapist?
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by BABE3: 4:19pm On Apr 13, 2011
Tpiah! My show?  sad sad I won't leave you alone till you agree.  cheesy This is how I'm gonna be begging all over. smiley

@ Topic, Well, I've not really noticed anything like this. It's probably personal issues, undecided
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Goldieluks: 4:25pm On Apr 13, 2011
tpiah!:

You're the one derailing the thred with your s.tupidity, so go offload your idiocy on someone else since i aint your therapist?

good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2011
< wanders into thread>
<measures the level of estrogenal fury in the air and figures he can't be bothered to stick around>
<leaves>
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by r231(m): 4:39pm On Apr 13, 2011
Goldieluks:

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Jackieugo(f): 4:43pm On Apr 13, 2011
2buff:

< wanders into thread>
<measures the level of estrogenal fury in the air and figures he can't be bothered to stick around>
<leaves>

LOL cheesy
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2011
Mod kindly clean up the thread after the usual crowd brought their oral diarrhea with them.
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Jackieugo(f): 4:50pm On Apr 13, 2011
@OP As an older woman, I would be the bigger person and not even pay attention to whoever is giving you attitude. Then again, it doesn't help to provoke drama by creating a thread like this lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by madlady(f): 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2011
tpiah!:

i notice especially on nairaland quite a few 20-24 to 30 year olds tend to have this attitude, feeling anyone over that age automatically wishes they were younger, like them.
what gives them this impression? Maybe some of the women they know, or the multitude of females who go through plastic surgery to look younger.

or is it the males telling them they prefer younger women because of tighter lipsrsealed undecided womanliness. However, its not everybody who cares about impressing such men.

just curious.

@Poster, most are not like that, to be honest most are so well mannered it would go against their upbringing to be disrespectful. I have learnt a lot from most, in this let your hair down setting they were really fun .  A TINY tiny few can be really-------, maybe they are not lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

Some older women hmm forget/misplace their age embarassed embarassed so maybe that  is just as bad. I am talking about myself in this instants.
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Abbycrown(f): 5:39pm On Apr 13, 2011
Life has its phases. I will definitely be old someday whether I like it or not. For now I don't know what the older women feel when they see the younger ones, but I sense they silently wish they could turn back the hands of time.
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Blazay(m): 6:16pm On Apr 13, 2011
tpiah!:

or is it the males telling them they prefer younger women because of tighter womanliness. However, its not everybody who cares about impressing such men.

just curious.

I wonder o!
Make we stand for street see who "Jesus" go first carry go house go put for im bed. grin
Maybe it is because the 'youth' is the only thing to hang on to besides hideous ugliness of the most spiritual proportions. grin
Thank God the young shall grow old too! grin

Especially without husbands or children to keep them busy in their lives.
Like say if me and the young babe nor wash 'am' for like one week. . . nor be her own go smell pass.
Shiooooooooooooor!!!

Who wan to be 'young' and 'stoopid', for small-small boys to be 'toying' with? undecided

Hole na hole, all must sag! kiss

Who cares? As long as I look younger than the so-called younger women. . .life is goood. cool My husband and children are not 'missing'

No competition. . .for the difference is cleaaaaaaaaaar!!! kiss

Abeg o. . .na only small 'piriki' dey find 'tight 'ole'!
I nor send!

I ain't tightening no poohzee for any toothpick of a small pen-is! If you are suffering from 'penile dwarfism', you berra 'ease on down the road' before I disgrace ya! kiss
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2011
LMAO @ J-Lo being nominated most beautiful oh puulease!

she can't even sell a record, she is on American Idol now trying to play the Paula Abdul role being "miss nicey nice" to all of the contestants. She's judging music when she can't even hold a note herself  grin, so now she has a mediocre single out fresh from a ten year hiatus, it is now she is getting love and promotion ALL because of the show, good move by her management team however, I am not fooled. She is attractive with a nice body at her age but plastic surgery can do wonders on anybody  tongue

But on the subject SOME older women are miserable and envy the younger women in reality let's not play naive. What is the first thing they say when you argue with them "you young women/girls/ ladies. . .[insert stereotypes on how dumb we are and how their being older makes them wiser and better blah blah let's *not forget to mention how it was in their day when they were there marching with Jesus  grin grin and how they rode dinosaurs blah blah]."

[ *That last line was SOLELY to annoy a certain someone who unlike some stressfree older women who I am pleased to be around and have grown/aged gracefully, likes to dish out insults but cannot take them and want to shout 'respect elder's  tongue ]

Bottom line: with Cougars on the prowl, anti age creams and surgeries sky rocketing I think the statz prove and says it all  wink
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by InkedNerd(f): 6:42pm On Apr 13, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

LMAO @ J-Lo being nominated most beautiful oh puulease!

she can't even sell a record, she is on American Idol now trying to play the Paula Abdul role being "miss nicey nice" to all of the contestants. She's judging music when she can't even hold a note herself  grin, so now she has a mediocre single out fresh from a ten year hiatus, it is now she is getting love and promotion ALL because of the show, good move by her management team however, I am not fooled. She is attractive with a nice body at her age but plastic surgery can do wonders on anybody  tongue

But on the subject SOME older women are miserable and envy the younger women in reality let's not play naive. What is the first thing they say when you argue with them "you young women/girls/ ladies. . .[insert stereotypes on how dumb we are and how their being older makes them wiser and better blah blah let's *not forget to mention how it was in their day when they were there marching with Jesus  grin grin and how they rode dinosaurs blah blah]."

[ *That last line was SOLELY to annoy a certain someone who unlike some stressfree older women who I am pleased to be around and have grown/aged gracefully, likes to dish out insults but cannot take them and want to shout 'respect elder's  tongue ]

Bottom line: with Cougars on the prowl, anti age creams and surgeries sky rocketing I think the statz prove and says it all  wink

Lmao grin grin grin
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 13, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Lmao grin grin grin

wink wink grin grin grin
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by InkedNerd(f): 6:59pm On Apr 13, 2011
I think we all have an idea who that person is grin
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by madlady(f): 7:06pm On Apr 13, 2011
. undecided
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 13, 2011
Let's all just be respectful, old and young alike.
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by adamsrib(f): 8:48pm On Apr 13, 2011
The older women I know are not envious of us younger women. Matter of fact most of them say they love being older because they are wiser and dont care about what other people think as much anymore. I think the bitter older women are the ones who have never learned to forgive themselves or other people. When you live in constant regret it is very hard to be happy, no matter how old you are.
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by livedit(f): 9:32pm On Apr 13, 2011
@ MzDark - girl, you are killing me!  grin  (Marching with Jesus)  grin

Being 34, I don't have issues with younger women.  Age is something that can't be changed because growing older is a part of life.  I feel, the older I get, the more life experiences I learn that teaches me to become a better and wiser woman.  I love all people and communicate with people on at any age level. 

Some younger women just may feel "envied" by older women.  It could be because of their looks, any accomplishments they've achieved that maybe an older woman may not have at their age or current age for that matter.  Some young women may feel their bodies are tighter and have more and a better selection of men to choose from.  But a mature minded women wouldn't or shall I say shouldn't envy these young women.  You can't change the past and eventually, that young woman will become that older woman.  So why not enjoy life and be happy with who you are?
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Goldieluks: 9:35pm On Apr 13, 2011
jeez mzdark,your status angry angry angry

you really looking for naija cock?
mrs chima has corrupted you. embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:52pm On Apr 13, 2011
Goldieluks:

jeez mzdark,your status angry angry angry

you really looking for naija cock?
mrs chima has corrupted you. embarassed embarassed

Basically.  undecided

smh. . .
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:53pm On Apr 13, 2011
Goldieluks:

grin grin
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 14, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Basically.  undecided

smh. . .

will.

you.

shut.

up.

??

cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by MrsChima(f): 12:04am On Apr 14, 2011
LMAO@people setting up drama traps because they are bored. grin grin grin grin grin

Pathetic.
Re: Why Do some younger People [especially Women] Always Feel Older Women Envy Them? by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 14, 2011
wink wink right. change your M.O.s cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Should Learn Romance And Not Only Sex - Pye / I Need Out From The "Friend Zone" / Relationships:sleeping Positions And Meaning Explained,[pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.