Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) (38809 Views)

Anambra International Cargo and passenger Airport Almost Ready(photos) / Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City / Work Ongoing At Anambra Airport, Umueri (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
Good development!!! let the exportation begin
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by dfrost: 12:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
Adaibeku:
Biko nna kedukwa nke bu icc kwa?

U no I am getting old don't mind my insensitivity

International Conference Center (ICC)

Modified: I see it's already been answered. smiley
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by AFONJACOW(m): 12:41pm On Mar 14, 2021
Someone should help me check price of one way ticket from Taipei to anambra airport ... I will cut my journey short to the west,
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by DaniDani(m): 12:44pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kriss216:

Same way IMO airport is 100% funded by Imolites.

Igbos are awesome.

Umuekwensu will have a worrisome day cos of this grin

God bless Ndigbo!
CAPITAL LIE. Imo airport was funded by the entire igbos.

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by lailo: 12:44pm On Mar 14, 2021
Focusmind:

It is not about been a commercial city. It is still about the mentality of the people. An average Onitsha/ Anambra man is very price sensitive, especially the traders. They will rather use GUO at 15k than Arik air at 45k to fly from Lagos to Onitsha and return.

Anybody living in Onitsha will gladly fly to Asaba than using that Umuleri Airport with potential armed robbery menace on the airport road.

The siting of that airport in that area is a big minus. I come to Onitsha regularly and usually land in Asaba before moving to Onitsha. Why would I want to use an airport situated miles from Onitsha?

Considering the way people in that area behaves, I fear the security situation along that airport road. Airport road is usually targeted by robbers to rob people going or coming from the airports.

I am not hating o but if you ask me, the money should have been used to fix all the bad roads in Onitsha and Nnewi and give the cities a facelift in terms of beauty and livibility.

Onitsha is still far from what a modern city should be and Nnewi is even worse, with dusty roads and decrepit drainage systems.[code][/code]

enemy of progress.Ndiara

2 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by boogietrends: 12:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
Focusmind:

Anybody living in Onitsha will gladly fly to Asaba than using that Umuleri Airport with potential armed robbery menace on the airport road.

The siting of that airport in that area is a big minus. I come to Onitsha regularly and usually land in Asaba before moving to Onitsha. Why would I want to use an airport situated miles from Onitsha?

Considering the way people in that area behaves, I fear the security situation along that airport road. Airport road is usually targeted by robbers to rob people going or coming from the airports.

Onitsha is still far from what a modern city should be and Nnewi is even worse, with dusty roads and decrepit drainage systems.[code][/code]

The distance from Onitsha to Asaba airport is about 25km. From Onitsha to the Anambra airport is about 25km. See pics. The distance will be shorter when the main entrance from Umunya opens. The airport was cited there for easy access to people living in Anambra's 3 major cities, Onitsha, Nnewi & Awka.

Considering the usual traffic situation at the bridge head, this airport when operational should be a no brainer to passengers. Concerning security, the Umuleri youths are sometimes restive but security is no longer an issue around there, it seems it's been long you visited the area. Check this video to see a how the area looks like now. wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOytn2waA3k

5 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by MysteryShopper: 12:59pm On Mar 14, 2021
They know all those things but they thought they could sway people with their lies. Now I understand why Obiano decided not publicise the project until it is completed. It is because of bitter envious people like focusmind

boogietrends:

The distance from Onitsha to Asaba airport is about 25km. From Onitsha to the Anambra airport is about 25km. See pics. The distance will be shorter when the main entrance from Umunya opens. The airport was cited there for easy access to people living in Anambra's 3 major cities, Onitsha, Nnewi & Awka.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by boogietrends: 1:23pm On Mar 14, 2021
MysteryShopper:
They know all those things but they thought they could sway people with their lies. Now I understand why Obiano decided not publicise the project until it is completed. It is because of bitter envious people like focusmind

Why do critics of this airport not see the jobs that this airport will create for Anambrarians? For the first time Anambrarians in the diaspora will be able to travel directly to their homeland.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by samwillyco1(m): 1:34pm On Mar 14, 2021
Till it is completed and functional before I will praise the looters
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by JohnBullMySon: 1:39pm On Mar 14, 2021
Focusmind:

It is not about been a commercial city. It is still about the mentality of the people. An average Onitsha/ Anambra man is very price sensitive, especially the traders. They will rather use GUO at 15k than Arik air at 45k to fly from Lagos to Onitsha and return.

I am not hating o but if you ask me, the money should have been used to fix all the bad roads in Onitsha and Nnewi and give the cities a facelift in terms of beauty and livibility.

Actually, from a neutral standpoint. it's clear you are very unhappy with what the OP posted. I mean.... how can you be predicting armed robbery on a road still under construction?

I just checked the distance of the site from onitsha, it's actually very close. as close as or closer than Asaba. There would even be less gridlock coming from the anambra since the Asaba airport is assessed using the expressway notorious for hold-ups.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by CrazyGranddad(m): 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2021
Focusmind:

Airports are often sited away from very populated areas as a safety consideration as well as a means to spur development to the axis of the new airport. Onitsha isn't the only town in Anambra and all passengers going to Anambra do not go to Onitsha.

Stop hiding under logic to hate.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by Renegade23: 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2021
Buy lands around there now!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by sonety2k(m): 1:51pm On Mar 14, 2021
Good
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by Micval: 1:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
You have a strong point here, but let's just believe and hope it will turn out good

Focusmind:

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by dongc(m): 2:01pm On Mar 14, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

Bullshit! Keep on harping on the half of the story that suits the pessimistic narrative you want to sell!

Imo airport is among the top 5 busiest airports in the country, and whatever financial challenges it presently faces are primarily down to and driven by the unbalanced political-economy and wilful neglect from the likes of Buhari and his sidekick Hadi-Sirika!

Restructure the economy or give Ndigbo secession and watch airports in the east compete with those in Lagos and Abuja! With secession, the one in Abuja may even be running at a loss sef!

Keep Quiet...show me data that proves your point...busiest yet brings barely enough to run itself.....pessimism comes with barking and barking with no data....
Restructure....Restructure on what backbone?? How many of your peers can fly...bye
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by Sagay212: 2:04pm On Mar 14, 2021
Focusmind:

Oga the people wey build airport go sort out security issues. Na to put enough security check points on the road leading the the airport. Any armed robber or kidnappers will be shot at sight

2 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by BluntCrazeMan: 2:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
Omihanifa:
It's not about building airport, it's about how viable the airport is.

Delta state spent close to 70 billion to build an airport. At the end of the day it was concessioned away for less than 5billion naira in a 30 year deal angry
NA WAA OOO
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by Blitz888(m): 2:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
Focusmind:

This submission is very incorrect and miss leading...
Onitsha to Asaba is farther than Onitsha to Umunya/Nteje/Umueri where the airport is located... Onitsha to the airport is less than 20 mins driving at 80-100km/hr but you can't say thesame of Asaba.

I hail from Ajakpani in Umunya!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by Katier00(f): 2:08pm On Mar 14, 2021
raker300:
Awesome.

Steadily..we’re getting there

I saw the icc in awka being constructed..wasn’t impressed By the roof selection
same here.
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by Blitz888(m): 2:13pm On Mar 14, 2021
SQLmastar:
Of what use?
Will Obaino also make the Umuleri road free from banditry? Why not expand the Delta Airport to accommodate cargo instead of spending billions on this project. Fund that could be channeled to uses such as alleviating poverty level of the common man.
How about building a more robust IT presence in Awka, Onitsha?
How about setting up manufacturing companies?

With every billion spent on this project, at least 10% goes into Obaino pockets. Imagine that!

There are no arm robbery or banditry on that axis... The said airport is situated at the boundary of Umunya/Nteje/Umueri less that 3mins from Enugu-Onitsha expressway.

That's my community(Umunya) and I am yet to hear of any such security threat in the last 8yrs... Please, Check the news if you've heard any?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by LordOfTheGame: 2:25pm On Mar 14, 2021
Adaibeku:
Biko nna kedukwa nke bu icc kwa?

U no I am getting old don't mind my insensitivity

I guess, International Conference Centre.
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
If they can pull this Airport off. Anambra will become the richest in the whole of Africa. Imagine direct cargo/perssenger planes landing there every day from New york, Amsterdam, Paris, Heathrow and Germany.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by Slynation(m): 2:43pm On Mar 14, 2021
Focusmind:

are you referring to Emeka na China, Chinedu Japan cannot common ordinary simple 45K or less to fly to Lag and will prefer using Bus?? Bros this is your own initiative and personal opinion, Anambra state having its own passenger/cargo airport is the best thing ever....!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by Ngorbungor(m): 2:45pm On Mar 14, 2021
dongc:

Keep Quiet...show me data that proves your point...busiest yet brings barely enough to run itself.....pessimism comes with barking and barking with no data....
Restructure....Restructure on what backbone?? How many of your peers can fly...bye

The guy actually said the truth, Imo Airport the 4th busiest, After Lagos, Abuja and PH then Kano and Eungu airport are 5th and 6th.

I know you can't swallow this, you can be thinking how come Imo Airport also known as Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport could be more busy and viable than Mallam Amino Kano Airport, Eungu and Kaduna Airport.

If you are looking for data please go to the FAAN Website and cure your ignorance

https://www.faan.gov.ng/harmonized-passenger-movements-january-december-2018/

3 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by deji17: 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
Getting ready for Drug business.
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by Fascfavy(m): 3:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
post=99870165:
Latest update of Anambra cargo and pessengers airport .

1, Tollest Control Tower in Nigeria almost completed

2, The 3.7 km runway second longest in Nigeria and longest in eastern region to be able to accommodate large aircraft is almost completed

3, the terminal building is taking shape, it's three floors with lift to be installed

4, Apron and taxi way has been completed

NB
The Airport is 100% being funded by Anambra state government

I love this.

Proudly Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by JaySterling: 3:09pm On Mar 14, 2021
Welcome development

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by ejanla077: 3:13pm On Mar 14, 2021
Focusmind:

Hater spotted. Whr did u get the potential armed robbery.

Mktinsight come and carry ur hateful brother.

Dude learn from the guy i mentioned above. Nothing the guy never say about the airport.... So ur talk na here e end.. With d chest pain wey e dey give you

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by mechanics(m): 3:34pm On Mar 14, 2021
Wow, it's progressing.

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by dongc(m): 3:37pm On Mar 14, 2021
The guy said what truth ....what do I gain by lies ...I didn't write the data from FAAN...NCAA...
Read icao reports yourself and get acquainted...
Being busy doesn't not connotat income...operating overheads is larger than incomes no matter how you put it....
I posted information with data why not read it acquire that vital information you need...what ignorance do I need to cure
Do they feed me ?? You spill rubbish for ignorant reader whom cannot simply take 5mins to ascertain the information.....

The International Air Transport Association (IATA) lately stated that for an airport to be viable and self-sustaining, it must have, at least, five million passengers a year. Today, only Lagos and Abuja airports could boast of at least five million passengers in a year

Similarly, Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport, Owerri, amassed a total of N1.25b in generated revenue and collected N1.08b. Expenditure was, however, N2.50b, with a shortage of N1.42b.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/17-fg-airports-not-viable-may-shut-down-over-losses/

https://m.guardian.ng/news/nigerian-airports-record-n44-billion-loss-in-3-years/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/05/10/why-nigerian-airports-are-not-viable/amp/

Ngorbungor:

The guy actually said the truth, Imo Airport the 4th busiest, After Lagos, Abuja and PH then Kano and Eungu airport are 5th and 6th.

I know you can't swallow this, you can be thinking how come Imo Airport also known as Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport could be more busy and viable than Mallam Amino Kano Airport, Eungu and Kaduna Airport.

If you are looking for data please go to the FAAN Website and cure your ignorance
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by dikeigbo2(m): 4:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
SweetCunt97:
not possible

thats. is the promise its saccrosant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orangutan Attacks Man In A Zoo (Photos, Video) / Unibadan (UIMSA) Student And Her Sister Involved In A Ghastly Accident (graphic) / 6 Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.