Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) (38811 Views)

Anambra International Cargo and passenger Airport Almost Ready(photos) / Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City / Work Ongoing At Anambra Airport, Umueri (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 14, 2021
post=99870165:
Latest update of Anambra cargo and pessengers airport .

1, Tollest Control Tower in Nigeria almost completed

2, The 3.7 km runway second longest in Nigeria and longest in eastern region to be able to accommodate large aircraft is almost completed

3, the terminal building is taking shape, it's three floors with lift to be installed

4, Apron and taxi way has been completed

NB
The Airport is 100% being funded by Anambra state government

Why did work stop at the Awka Millennium City? Cos I've not seen any latest update on that.
And I was planning my Dec 2022 honeymoon there.

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kellzzyy:

Why did work stop at the Awka Millennium City? Cos I've not seen any latest update on that.
And I was planning my Dec 2022 honeymoon there.
Work is going on there even today being Sunday, I visited the area today, the second entrance which is dual carriage has been completed, internal roads in the city are ongoing follow me I will update you later today.
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by ohuatc(m): 5:30pm On Mar 14, 2021
I hope a functional lift to the tower will be installed and sustainable.
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by Ngorbungor(m): 6:43pm On Mar 14, 2021
dongc:
The guy said what truth ....what do I gain by lies ...I didn't write the data from FAAN...NCAA...
Read icao reports yourself and get acquainted...
Being busy doesn't not connotat income...operating overheads is larger than incomes no matter how you put it....
I posted information with data why not read it acquire that vital information you need...what ignorance do I need to cure
Do they feed me ?? You spill rubbish for ignorant reader whom cannot simply take 5mins to ascertain the information.....

The International Air Transport Association (IATA) lately stated that for an airport to be viable and self-sustaining, it must have, at least, five million passengers a year. Today, only Lagos and Abuja airports could boast of at least five million passengers in a year

Similarly, Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport, Owerri, amassed a total of N1.25b in generated revenue and collected N1.08b. Expenditure was, however, N2.50b, with a shortage of N1.42b.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/17-fg-airports-not-viable-may-shut-down-over-losses/

https://m.guardian.ng/news/nigerian-airports-record-n44-billion-loss-in-3-years/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/05/10/why-nigerian-airports-are-not-viable/amp/

So PH, Owerri, Kano and Eungu Airport are not viable, so federal government should shot them down, PH and Owerri Airport have not less than 6 Airlines that fly to that airport on daily basis, oga if you don't know that air travel is now gaining momentum as more people are now flying and this will keep going up and up. As for the gains so far I believe Owerri, Eungu and Anambra Airport will be in the top six or seven airport in Nigeria in terms of passenger traffic, not minding the closeness

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by dongc(m): 6:53pm On Mar 14, 2021
Ngorbungor:

So PH, Owerri, Kano and Eungu Airport are not viable, so federal government should shot them down, PH and Owerri Airport have not less than 6 Airlines that fly to that airport on daily basis, oga if you don't know that air travel is now gaining momentum as more people are now flying and this will keep going up and up. As for the gains so far I believe Owerri, Eungu and Anambra Airport will be in the top six or seven airport in Nigeria in terms of passenger traffic, not minding the closeness

After reading the links...this is what you come up with ??this has nothing to do with covid-19....viability or non viability has been calculated upto 2019.....no where have I said they should shut down any airport...none of my business....how or where do you expect the passengers to come from...anambra building one...ebonyi building one.....white elephant projects...done with this ...

2 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by ejanla077: 7:35pm On Mar 14, 2021
balladin:

You've said nothing bro. Counter his position with sound opinion as against just opposing vaguely.

What do u mean counter him... Someone pulled nonsense opinion out of his dumbass u expect sane people to counter.. Na was for una

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by Ngorbungor(m): 8:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
dongc:

After reading the links...this is what you come up with ??this has nothing to do with covid-19....viability or non viability has been calculated upto 2019.....no where have I said they should shut down any airport...none of my business....how or where do you expect the passengers to come from...anambra building one...ebonyi building one.....white elephant projects...done with this ...

For your mind, white elephant project indeed, same way they said nothing is happening in the east and people are migrating out the region, behold 2 airport in the east are among the top despite the closeness, check the list to know where your state rank. Please don't get it twisted Anambra Airport and Ebonyi Airport will be among the top by God grace.

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by biosystech: 8:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
MysteryShopper:
Here's the main access to the Anambra international airport, it's under construction. It is a 6 lanes dual carriageways with bridges. The international airport road runs from Nteje by Onitsha-Awka expressway.

Are there plans to also add a railway network anytime in the future, both freight and passenger train?

We cannot always be using road all the time.
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by dongc(m): 8:25pm On Mar 14, 2021
Ngorbungor:

For your mind, white elephant project indeed, same way they said nothing is happening in the east and people are migrating out the region, behold 2 airport in the east are among the top despite the closeness, check the list to know where your state rank. Please don't get it twisted Anambra Airport and Ebonyi Airport will be among the top by God grace.

Where do you think I am fromno need to waste more time on this...let me go back to what I am doing before....see what someone else was thinking �

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by rtdCivilservant: 8:25pm On Mar 14, 2021
MysteryShopper:
Beautiful, massive and quality. Anambra leads cool

See the apron
What about the paint?
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by rtdCivilservant: 8:37pm On Mar 14, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Guess you are the armed robber. Soon the long arm of the law will catch up u and send u back to your decrepit state.
Osy marshal, come paint my house o
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by Ngorbungor(m): 9:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
dongc:

Where do you think I am fromno need to waste more time on this...let me go back to what I am doing before....see what someone else was thinking �

Am from Imo State, and you are not still getting the point, I ask, what is the distance from Owerri airport to PH airport? Am very sure Asaba airport and Eungu airport have same distance to Owerri Airport, while PH and Owerri Airport are 3rd and 4th busiest and Kano and Eungu are 5th and 6th busiest while Kaduna is the 7th busiest using the data from FAAN.

So despite the closeness of PH, Owerri, and Eungu Airports they still have a better rating than others that far.
So this simply means that part of the country has a higher middle class, same thing is happening in the inter state bus service, I live in Abuja, and you will find it very hard to see southwestern going to ABC transport or The Young Motors or GIGM etc, why? Because most of them can't afford to pay the 10k to 15k going to Ibadan or Lagos, but you see many of they at GIRI Junction along Abuja Kaduna express way flagging down on going cars or bus.

Anambra Airport will suprise many people interms of passengers traffic.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by ejanla077: 11:13pm On Mar 14, 2021
dongc:

Why dis airport dey pepper u like dis...

Anyway bad belle is allowed..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by ejanla077: 11:15pm On Mar 14, 2021
Ngorbungor:

Am from Imo State, and you are not still getting the point, I ask, what is the distance from Owerri airport to PH airport? Am very sure Asaba airport and Eungu airport have same distance to Owerri Airport, while PH and Owerri Airport are 3rd and 4th busiest and Kano and Eungu are 5th and 6th busiest while Kaduna is the 7th busiest using the data from FAAN.

So despite the closeness of PH, Owerri, and Eungu Airports they still have a better rating than others that far.
So this simply means that part of the country has a higher middle class, same thing is happening in the inter state bus service, I live in Abuja, and you will find it very hard to see southwestern going to ABC transport or The Young Motors or GIGM etc, why? Because most of them can't afford to pay the 10k to 15k going to Ibadan or Lagos, but you see many of they at GIRI Junction along Abuja Kaduna express way flagging down on going cars or bus.

Anambra Airport will suprise many people interms of passengers traffic.

U get time ooo

Person wey u see say na bad belle dey worry na im u get time dey respond diplomatically..

Kpokpo d conehead make e run along...

Person wey dey quote im fellow twitter bad belle

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by obadfirst: 11:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
I think all of these state government building airport are doing well but, are only placing priority on what will benefits the elites of there state.

Delta state spent 70 billion on an airport that could not generate 1 billion annually. If that money was invested into building a properly channel rail line across the major cities in the state, I bet you it will generate that more than 70 billion in less than 15 years.

Airport are not really as viable as we think them.
The amount of patronize, especially now that the economy is biting hard on everyone's pocket.

Good work chief Willy Obiano and Anambarians

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by cardoctor(m): 1:57am On Mar 15, 2021
Great to know that my private nets will be landing near my village soon. Thanks Willy boy.
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by soso22(m): 7:28am On Mar 15, 2021
post=99870401:
Construction companies handling the Airport projects

CRCC, Crainburg, Nigercat, IDC and Kanubeen
Brecco included.
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by dongc(m): 9:03am On Mar 15, 2021
ejanla077:

Why dis airport dey pepper u like dis...

Anyway bad belle is allowed..

Either you are daft or have comprehension issues....discussion here was solely on viability with information currently at hand...17 others are not....5years in a roll no profits with huge overheads....what are they going to do differently....
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ngorbungor:

The guy actually said the truth, Imo Airport the 4th busiest, After Lagos, Abuja and PH then Kano and Eungu airport are 5th and 6th.

I know you can't swallow this, you can be thinking how come Imo Airport also known as Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport could be more busy and viable than Mallam Amino Kano Airport, Eungu and Kaduna Airport.

If you are looking for data please go to the FAAN Website and cure your ignorance

https://www.faan.gov.ng/harmonized-passenger-movements-january-december-2018/

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Cheers bros! That told him!! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orangutan Attacks Man In A Zoo (Photos, Video) / 6 Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria / Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.