Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Be That Spark. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be That Spark. (106 Views)

New Photos Spark Concerns Over COZA Pastor, Fatoyinbo / Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online / Snake Wriggles Out Of Israel's Western Wall Spark Claims About Biblical Prophecy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be That Spark. by oluade11: 10:29am On Mar 14, 2021
I read yesterday that Mrs Okonjo Iweala is on a one week official visit to Nigeria.
She and her likes who are Nigerians spread all over the world are light doing exploits and making us proud.

Mrs Iweala is a pride to Nigeria and womanhood. Beyond that, she is a pride to the black continent and more.

There are more Nigerians in this category.

We have Nigerians excelling in sports, academic,board room, politics and so on. A number of Nigerians are in the cabinet of the new American President.

I smiled and was happy.

So there can still be cause to be happy in Nigeria in spite of all that is going on. These people are indeed light in darkness.

On the other side, I see my brothers and sisters who are darkness and all they do is bring shame to the country and make people cry.

On the list are the terrorists, the kidnappers, cultists, yahooyahoo, human traffickers, ritualists and so on.

I was scared and it seems as if there is no hope for the country and it is doomed. Bandits now enter religious houses to rob and kill people, they go to schools to kidnap students and kill if there is need for it. It has never been this bad.

These are acts of darkness and I almost give up that the country is doomed. You see religious leaders in sex scandal, political leaders stealing as if their lives depend on it.

Every sector is corrupt. The teachers, the security outfits, the judiciary, the journalists, clerics, Imams and it goes on.

Life has no value again. If you are going out, it is with your heart in your mouth.

The people at the corridor of power are abusing the office, they are manipulating situation for their selfish ambition. All the youth care about is money and to blow. They are ready to steal, scam, go fetish and even kill to realize their ambition. You see teenagers who are supposed to be in schools or learning trade building houses, using big cars and SUV's. Sadly, they are stars in the society and are being celebrated.

It is so scary.

I almost give up and then I turned again and look at the other side and I see the light, small light again. I see youths into sports, vocations like fashion, entertainment, academic and are doing so well.

I see people that will rebuke you if you try offering them bribes. I see people who will rather suffer and continue working hard rather than do anything that will shame their family and creator. There are youth in this class, there are elderly, there are security agents, judiciary workers, politicians, clerics and so on.

Though they are not much but we have them and I was a bit relieved because there is still hope for my father land.

It is just a spark and not much but if we can fan it, it can become a big fire.

It is just a spark and we must not allow it to die. By all means, the spark must become fire.

My brothers and sisters, are you a light or darkness. At home, office and when you are alone. Are you killing the spark or fanning it.

It starts with you. You need to decide and tell yourself I am going to be that spark in everything I do.

You have to stand up and live for something.

Forget about your parent and siblings, forget about friends. It is a personal decision. I am going to be a spark in my little world and environment.

As a teacher, security man, gateman, driver, fuel attendants, trader, factory worker, artist, sportsman, lecturers, politicians, students, leaders, clerics and so on, be that spark in your small world and in your little way.

Remember, that spark, that small drops of water will become a fire and a mighty ocean.
Persist, stand for the truth.

People are laughing and mocking you, persist and persevere.

Make the world a better place.

Lastly, we have been fed with wrong information that money is everything. Everyone is after money. The young, the old, the male and female. Everyone.

You see elderly people who are supposed to be sparks and lights in the society raping, into robbery, rituals and kidnapping. The Clerics, youths, mothers are not left out. You see mothers selling their babies and into trafficking.

The elderly that are supposed to be guide and example to the youths and who are supposed to correct them when doing the wrong things are the one leading them astray.

Everyone is after money, power, pleasure and fame. They think this is all life is about. You have been deceived.

Many have money, power and fame but committed suicide because these are not what bring happiness. These are not what bring fulfilment. You can have all the above and be miserable.

You can sit in the midst of women, club, buy clothes, have a house filled with shoes, another filled with clothes, cars, private jets. You can enjoy all the pleasures of life and still be miserable.

Little insignificant kindness, putting smiles on faces, sharing the little you have, standing for the truth are what bring happiness and fulfilment. They are insignificant and also free. There is no pleasure above how you feel when you put smile on faces. There is no greater wealth than seeing the joy in others when you share the little you have.

They can be coin in one word and that is LOVE.

When you love, it is no longer about you but us. You cannot love and steal what belong to all of us. You cannot love and kill, kidnap or make others cry.

Love is the key to happiness and fulfilment. It is not money, it is not fame, it is not power or pleasure.

If you have love and God crown it with fame, wealth and power; you become a blessing if you do not allow them lead you astray.

Power, wealth, fame and so on lead people astray if you don't have the fear of God.

Love is God.

We need love in Nigeria and the world.

We need God.

Let the fear of God be the reason for everything you do henceforth. At home, work, everywhere.
Let the fear of God be your radar.

We can be light outside God but you cannot be true light. You may be brilliant, be the best boxer, a great musician, a boardroom guru. You are a light. Many got to the top cheating. To us, they are light. Many are light through hardwork.

Beautiful!

You can be light and still not be fulfilled. You need the true light.

Jesus is the true light of the world.

Do you need power, fame, wealth, you need Jesus.

The blessings of God makes rich and add no sorrow.

In Christ, you will be fulfilled in this world and even beyond.

We keep forgetting there is life beyond this world. Our sojourn on earth is short and insignificant. You can be wealthy here and in eternity.

Jesus is the key. He is the way, the truth and the Life.

He is the key to the healing of our souls, our land and country and the world. He is the Prince of peace. He can restore peace and prosperity to our land.

Jesus will turn our little sparks into fire.
Re: Be That Spark. by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Mar 14, 2021
oluade11:
I read yesterday that Mrs Okonjo Iweala is on a one week official visit to Nigeria.
She and her likes who are Nigerians spread all over the world are light doing exploits and making us proud.

Mrs Iweala is a pride to Nigeria and womanhood. Beyond that, she is a pride to the black continent and more.

There are more Nigerians in this category.

We have Nigerians excelling in sports, academic,board room, politics and so on. A number of Nigerians are in the cabinet of the new American President.

I smiled and was happy.

So there can still be cause to be happy in Nigeria in spite of all that is going on. These people are indeed light in darkness.

On the other side, I see my brothers and sisters who are darkness and all they do is bring shame to the country and make people cry.

On the list are the terrorists, the kidnappers, cultists, yahooyahoo, human traffickers, ritualists and so on.

I was scared and it seems as if there is no hope for the country and it is doomed. Bandits now enter religious houses to rob and kill people, they go to schools to kidnap students and kill if there is need for it. It has never been this bad.

These are acts of darkness and I almost give up that the country is doomed. You see religious leaders in sex scandal, political leaders stealing as if their lives depend on it.

Every sector is corrupt. The teachers, the security outfits, the judiciary, the journalists, clerics, Imams and it goes on.

Life has no value again. If you are going out, it is with your heart in your mouth.

The people at the corridor of power are abusing the office, they are manipulating situation for their selfish ambition. All the youth care about is money and to blow. They are ready to steal, scam, go fetish and even kill to realize their ambition. You see teenagers who are supposed to be in schools or learning trade building houses, using big cars and SUV's. Sadly, they are stars in the society and are being celebrated.

It is so scary.

I almost give up and then I turned again and look at the other side and I see the light, small light again. I see youths into sports, vocations like fashion, entertainment, academic and are doing so well.

I see people that will rebuke you if you try offering them bribes. I see people who will rather suffer and continue working hard rather than do anything that will shame their family and creator. There are youth in this class, there are elderly, there are security agents, judiciary workers, politicians, clerics and so on.

Though they are not much but we have them and I was a bit relieved because there is still hope for my father land.

It is just a spark and not much but if we can fan it, it can become a big fire.

It is just a spark and we must not allow it to die. By all means, the spark must become fire.

My brothers and sisters, are you a light or darkness. At home, office and when you are alone. Are you killing the spark or fanning it.

It starts with you. You need to decide and tell yourself I am going to be that spark in everything I do.

You have to stand up and live for something.

Forget about your parent and siblings, forget about friends. It is a personal decision. I am going to be a spark in my little world and environment.

As a teacher, security man, gateman, driver, fuel attendants, trader, factory worker, artist, sportsman, lecturers, politicians, students, leaders, clerics and so on, be that spark in your small world and in your little way.

Remember, that spark, that small drops of water will become a fire and a mighty ocean.
Persist, stand for the truth.

People are laughing and mocking you, persist and persevere.

Make the world a better place.

Lastly, we have been fed with wrong information that money is everything. Everyone is after money. The young, the old, the male and female. Everyone.

You see elderly people who are supposed to be sparks and lights in the society raping, into robbery, rituals and kidnapping. The Clerics, youths, mothers are not left out. You see mothers selling their babies and into trafficking.

The elderly that are supposed to be guide and example to the youths and who are supposed to correct them when doing the wrong things are the one leading them astray.

Everyone is after money, power, pleasure and fame. They think this is all life is about. You have been deceived.

Many have money, power and fame but committed suicide because these are not what bring happiness. These are not what bring fulfilment. You can have all the above and be miserable.

You can sit in the midst of women, club, buy clothes, have a house filled with shoes, another filled with clothes, cars, private jets. You can enjoy all the pleasures of life and still be miserable.

Little insignificant kindness, putting smiles on faces, sharing the little you have, standing for the truth are what bring happiness and fulfilment. They are insignificant and also free. There is no pleasure above how you feel when you put smile on faces. There is no greater wealth than seeing the joy in others when you share the little you have.

They can be coin in one word and that is LOVE.

When you love, it is no longer about you but us. You cannot love and steal what belong to all of us. You cannot love and kill, kidnap or make others cry.

Love is the key to happiness and fulfilment. It is not money, it is not fame, it is not power or pleasure.

If you have love and God crown it with fame, wealth and power; you become a blessing if you do not allow them lead you astray.

Power, wealth, fame and so on lead people astray if you don't have the fear of God.

Love is God.

We need love in Nigeria and the world.

We need God.

Let the fear of God be the reason for everything you do henceforth. At home, work, everywhere.
Let the fear of God be your radar.

We can be light outside God but you cannot be true light. You may be brilliant, be the best boxer, a great musician, a boardroom guru. You are a light. Many got to the top cheating. To us, they are light. Many are light through hardwork.

Beautiful!

You can be light and still not be fulfilled. You need the true light.

Jesus is the true light of the world.

Do you need power, fame, wealth, you need Jesus.

The blessings of God makes rich and add no sorrow.

In Christ, you will be fulfilled in this world and even beyond.

We keep forgetting there is life beyond this world. Our sojourn on earth is short and insignificant. You can be wealthy here and in eternity.

Jesus is the key. He is the way, the truth and the Life.

He is the key to the healing of our souls, our land and country and the world. He is the Prince of peace. He can restore peace and prosperity to our land.

Jesus will turn our little sparks into fire.
Stop preaching the doctrines of this world as if the teachings of Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ warned you against this very same, telling you that like the pharisees before you, what you do is corrupt/pollute the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven with these doctrines which are nothing but lies when put beside the New Covenant which God brought to you in Jesus Christ . undecided

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted

Stop lying in the name of Jesus Christ.

(1) (Reply)

The End Of An Era Recap – Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts / Attributes Of Champions - Emoji Devotions / Noises Of Delay, Disfavours And Disappointment Are Silenced Now In Jesus Name.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.