Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Are All Sins Equal? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are All Sins Equal? (8991 Views)

All Sins Are Not Equal. / Are Sins Equal Or Not? / Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Ddokie: 10:14am On Mar 21, 2021
Charles4000:
you should know that he... who sin... multiple times and he who sin 1... will. definitely go to hell...

The man who is careful enough with his life to have fallen into just one sin is more likely to ask for forgiveness that the man who lives in sin by multiplying sin.

What leads to hell is not sin, It is failure to repent from sin. If it is sin that leads to hell then no man is going to escape it for all have sinned and continue to sin even without knowing it.

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Image123(m): 10:16am On Mar 21, 2021
Nicenancy:
Are stealing and armed armed robbery equal

How about masturbating and gay

Fornication and adultery

Thank you

Is it justified or justice for every sin to be equal? Is God wise? Two questions.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Charles4000(m): 10:24am On Mar 21, 2021
Ddokie:

The man who is careful enough with his life to have fallen into just one sin is more likely to ask for forgiveness that the man who lives in sin by multiplying sin.

What leads to hell is not sin, It is failure to repent from sin. If it is sin that leads to hell then no man is going to escape it for all have sinned and continue to sin even without knowing it.
You speak of *FORGIVENESS* we talking about... IF ALL SINS ARE EQUAL... I believe all sins can be pardoned as well...
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by truespeak: 10:25am On Mar 21, 2021
All sins are equal yet are they not equal!

They are equal in that they are all sin and proceed from the kind and manner called "sin"!

They are not equal in that the vary from Great to the Least!

Howbeit he whom is offended by your sin/offence careth not if that which you do is small or great but that he is offended!

And telling him that "na dat small thing dey make you vex?" may only increase his fury and bring Harm and Hurt to you!

Thus it is best to live Blameless as the Bible cautions!

For He Who Hath Done No Wrong Feareth No Offence/Accusation!

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by femi4: 10:32am On Mar 21, 2021
Nicenancy:

Fornication and adultery

Thank you
They are equal.... every disobedience is a sin.

James 2:10 - For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:33am On Mar 21, 2021
needanswer:

Sin is sin. Some may carry grave penalties though, while others may carry little penalties. Eg someone that steals and is caught can go to PRISON and if he is ARMED he may even be EXECUTED based on NIGERIAN LAW.

Fornication may not carry such penalties but it's still a sin.

Sinning against the HOLY SPIRIT is an UNFORGIVABLE SIN according to the BIBLE.

Wat if u steal frm ur parents or scam them small
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Jetland(m): 10:37am On Mar 21, 2021
needanswer:

Sin is sin. Some may carry grave penalties though, while others may carry little penalties. Eg someone that steals and is caught can go to PRISON and if he is ARMED he may even be EXECUTED based on NIGERIAN LAW.

Fornication may not carry such penalties but it's still a sin.

Sinning against the HOLY SPIRIT is an UNFORGIVABLE SIN according to the BIBLE.

And what's that sin against the Holy Spirit?
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by shadeyinka(m): 10:38am On Mar 21, 2021
House1411:

masturbating is not a sin.... other mamals engage in this form of act
I used to know a dog that eat up its puppies. Since animals practice cannibalism, it is not a sin for humans too!

Have you listened to yourself?
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by simhosting: 10:45am On Mar 21, 2021
No
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:55am On Mar 21, 2021
I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, would you like me to participate in the ongoing discussion? smiley

Nicenancy:

Fornication and adultery. Thank you
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:56am On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

I used to know a dog that eat up its puppies. Since animals practice cannibalism, it is not a sin for humans too!

Have you listened to yourself?
As an animal enthusiast I can tell you dogs don't eat their puppies. They kill them out of post partum depression which humans even have.
But humans won't kill because of something they call GUILT. Animals don't feel guilt for the evil they've done but only sadness as a result of events. Like Lions don't feel guilt when they kill other Cubs. They feel sad if they're unable to feed or are dying. Cows are even known to stamp their feet on their calves for this same reasons.
Lions kill other Cubs to establish a new bloodline.
Animals that practice cannibalism are known to do it because of it is an instinct in them.
I am not justifying masturbation but don't bring this argument of cannibalism and animals here . It is not valid.

2 Likes

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:58am On Mar 21, 2021
Hmmmm.
Equal or not, forgiveness is all that matters.

Thank you, father.

❤❤❤
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by labelle123(f): 11:00am On Mar 21, 2021
All sins are not equal
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by tayooluwole: 11:00am On Mar 21, 2021
redcliff:
Sin is Sin as someone else here has already said. This is agreed. In the eyes of God, all sinners must die and go to hell, but the punishment in hell is different. Suffering levels in hell differs. There are compartments for fornicators, killers etc.

How does this fair to you? Somebody that kill a whole family in a cold blood,,,somebody that goes to bank and kill everybody there,,,somebody that hack a fellow man to death for rituals,,, somebody that cut off your troat to pls his religion,,, you mean these people will go to the same hell with somebody that lies simply to put food on his table... If this is the way of God then i must say the God is not a merciful and God of fairness

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Jeromejnr(m): 11:03am On Mar 21, 2021
House1411:

Other mammals also kill each other.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by shadeyinka(m): 11:04am On Mar 21, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

As an animal enthusiast I can tell you dogs don't eat their puppies. They kill them out of post partum depression which humans even have.
But humans won't kill because of something they call GUILT. Animals don't feel guilt for the evil they've done but only sadness as a result of events. Like Lions don't feel guilt when they kill other Cubs. They feel sad if they're unable to feed or are dying. Cows are even known to stamp their feet on their calves for this same reasons.
Lions kill other Cubs to establish a new bloodline.
Animals that practice cannibalism are known to do it because of it is an instinct in them.
I am not justifying masturbation but don't bring this argument of cannibalism and animals here . It is not valid.
The argument was, if animals do it, then it must be okay!

I hope the argument is deflated!
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by urchcoded(m): 11:04am On Mar 21, 2021
Ddokie:

If you do not know what to say, it is better you keep quiet. Advising people who are unable to overcome a particular sin to go ahead and commit all sins is satanic. No be everything dem dey take play. There are weak minds everywhere.

Who can avoid all sin? Our duty is to work on ourselves so as to overcome our weaknesses. In the course of this, we fall several times into same or different sins. That should not make us give up and open ourselves to all forms of sins even those we have no issues overcoming.

Take your time o.
we are on the same page bro. the thing be say you are just advising people to try their best which you know is still not good enough, for your righteousness is a filthy rag before God. lol
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Electrochemistry(m): 11:05am On Mar 21, 2021
This question has a direct answer in the Bible. In 1 john 5:17 we have it that all unrighteousness is sin but not all sins lead to death(hell) But we should not indulge in them as they can lead us to more grievous sins.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Contango(m): 11:16am On Mar 21, 2021
House1411:

By this same logic, murder is not a sin because lions murder their preys sad
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Adelson(m): 11:18am On Mar 21, 2021
Auote author=Nicenancy post=99874079]Are stealing and armed armed robbery equal

Fornication and adultery

Thank you[/quote] All sins are equal. There's no small or big sin.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Tyriq: 11:20am On Mar 21, 2021
Lamasta:
All sins are not equal but God does not answer the prayer of a sinner that I know...

May God have mercy on us his children for thee many sins we are commiting unknowingly
So the people God answered their prayers are not sinners? They are as holy as the angels abi?
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Sibrah: 11:31am On Mar 21, 2021
All sins are sins and destroy but some are greater than the other in magnitude according to the circumstances they manifested through.
Sexual sins are against the body for example. There is also sin referred to as great sin in the Bible.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Bmaster(m): 11:37am On Mar 21, 2021
redcliff:
Sin is Sin as someone else here has already said. This is agreed. In the eyes of God, all sinners must die and go to hell, but the punishment in hell is different. Suffering levels in hell differs. There are compartments for fornicators, killers etc.
you lied.
Every soul that sinneth must die,and he'll has no compartments as you said,
Otherwise show me biblical proofs
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Lamasta(m): 11:42am On Mar 21, 2021
Tyriq:

So the people God answered their prayers are not sinners? They are as holy as the angels abi?
God said I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy on...
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by BonPatrick(m): 11:43am On Mar 21, 2021
Big lie I have been mastibating for 7years it is a big sin repent o
House1411:

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by ambrosine: 11:43am On Mar 21, 2021
All sins are equal. So its better not to start it because it will take the grace of GOD to stop it. My Advice is that don't try to start any because it will affect your future and what God has destined for you . If you may have started any of this sins please stop it on time because its not a good thing to be addicted to.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Tyriq: 11:46am On Mar 21, 2021
Lamasta:

God said I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy on...
So you knew that God chooses whom he shows mercy but went ahead and said God does not answer the prayers of sinners?
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Ddokie: 11:47am On Mar 21, 2021
urchcoded:
we are on the same page bro. the thing be say you are just advising people to try their best which you know is still not good enough, for your righteousness is a filthy rag before God. lol

On the contrary, it is that trying that pleases God. The trying in the midst of the quantity of forces against us living a holy life is the sign of your belief in his existence, loyalty to his will, and love for his person.

It is inside those our many trials, failures, and asking for forgiveness that grace shows up and helps us get into cruise. But person wey just hang boot say i no fit... na OYO the person dey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Mpanyi: 11:50am On Mar 21, 2021
Charles4000:
you should know that he... who sin... multiple times and he who sin 1... will. definitely go to hell...

Lie still. God must be a wicked judge if so. It just depends on the sin. Please read 1 John 5:16. All sins are not equal and don't lead to the same punishments. Even a year old know naturally it's so

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by medokills(m): 11:52am On Mar 21, 2021
Nicenancy:

Fornication and adultery

Thank you

Whatever God and constitution of any declares as a sin or offence (punishable), please don't engage in it. So zero your mind about equality of any sin.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Lamasta(m): 11:53am On Mar 21, 2021
Tyriq:

So you knew that God chooses whom he shows mercy but went ahead and said God does not answer the prayers of sinners?
What is your argument

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Donald Trump Like Cyrus From The Bible? / Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? / How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.