Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement (26834 Views)

Man Asks Wife To Pay Back His Money, Holds Her, Children Hostage At Lekki / Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? / Reno Omokri: "Your Money Is For You And Your Wife. But Her Money Is Not For You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Kebbiprince: 8:55am On Mar 15, 2021
femi4:
Which theory is that

Nobody goes into marriage without a form of finance
You're shifting goal post
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Amb1045(m): 11:27am On Mar 15, 2021
Can you really trust an African man. Can an African women really trust their husbands with what is happening in the society. An African man can wake up tomorrow morning and he will say he wants a second wife nothing will happen. I don't blame the women because it's part of our culture to have freedom. Let me use my grandma as a case study, she and her husband made thousands in Zaria back in the days through combined business built two house in the southeast of the country when they relocated back east. Suddenly my grandfather went for a second wife who started dragging those properties my granny work for just imagine. In this part of the world our culture don't give women value, they can be kickout anyday and nothing will happen. Just watch people that divorce already. people learn from other peoples mistake. Don't blame Nigerian women blame the culture. Use Fani Kayode as a case study, if that man is in the USA he will be broke from series of divorce

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 15, 2021
Reex12:
pls lets remove sentiment and answer this question, IS IT A MANS JOB TO DO CHORES?
how selfish can u be, so a man will work morning-evening(mosttimes late in the night) and still come bck and do the chores so what is your work in the house then? to sit dwn and wtch zeeworld from morning till night and open ur legs like a lovepeddler

If that is so why do you want women to do the same?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Dalil8: 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2021
It's really unfortunate that alot of nigerian men are married or dating themselves.

Love means caring and sharing. If she doesn't spend on you, don't deceive yourself, she doesn't love you.

To the married folks, if she doesn't spend her own money on you, I'm sorry she doesn't consider you as part of herself or her family. You're just a means to an end (marriage, kids).

13 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by ednut1(m): 10:06pm On Mar 15, 2021
Do not marry any woman with such mentality

4 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Authoreety: 10:06pm On Mar 15, 2021
Terribly wicked statement

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by YorubaLord: 10:07pm On Mar 15, 2021
Seriously, I don't blame these ladies. It's the men I've got to blame as they lured these ladies with material wealth so, they feel entitled. angry

4 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Authoreety: 10:08pm On Mar 15, 2021
ednut1:
Do not marry any woman with such mentality

Unfortunately, 85% of women reek of such mentality

10 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by FalseOracle50: 10:08pm On Mar 15, 2021
I see the female folks becoming repentant after reading this post.
This I have seen.

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by blazepascal(m): 10:09pm On Mar 15, 2021
fear anything that bleed 3-5 days without dying
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Jaqenhghar: 10:12pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kebbiprince:
In the marriage setting the two have become one and therefore should partake in doing things together, chores, finances etc

Its shocking how some women feel its ok to earn almost the same money as their men and feel zero obligation to contribute to anything in the family. Not just that, they now selfishly insist on spending their partners money. Who is raising these girls to think like that?
I have a colleague whose wife works very much like him yet she contributed nothing to the home but instead sends her own money to her family as if the man has no family too to send money to. This selfish act must stop!
Lazy nigger. Stop depending on your women for money. The role of the man is to provide. That's what our forefathers did. Its this kind of thinking that brought about this toxic feminism when women don see us finish.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by EvilNeedle(m): 10:12pm On Mar 15, 2021
Where did that useless saying come from sef? Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Kebbiprince: 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Lazy nigger. Stop depending on your women for money. The role of the man is to provide. That's what our forefathers did. Its this kind of thinking that brought about this toxic feminism when women don see us finish.
I don't expect a toddler been spoon-fed by his parents to have an opinion over what he doesn't know. Is for mature men please, hard working toddler

15 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by EvilNeedle(m): 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Simp

Elton.

9 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by YorubaLord: 10:14pm On Mar 15, 2021
Belafonte:

This mentality isn't unique to Nigerian women

Mostly black ladies...

3 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by emonis88: 10:15pm On Mar 15, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Call for a meeting with family member and pastor she respects and let them talk sense into her. If she doesn't change, pray abt her attitude..she will come to her senses.Holy Spirit know how to deal with her grin
pray ke! is either a man doesn't make d mistake of marrying such a woman or correct that mistake by kicking such a woman out of ur life, cus at d end of d day d guy becomes d fool , she might even ve a sugarboy who she il be spending her money on but d man's money is for her n d kids.

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by YorubaLord: 10:15pm On Mar 15, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Simpleton with various mental challenges! angry

10 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Jaqenhghar: 10:18pm On Mar 15, 2021
Stockquality:
They re all useless girls. I have spent for a lady,sent for a lady,cooked,done every but still she remained adamant,like 3 diff girls o. They are all wired to be promiscuous,lazy,greedy,arrogant and fromnpoor background. I dated the rich,that one was super arrogant, money conscious ad social media freak. Its been 7months now I never sex any gal. My ex who realised I loved her in 2015 suddenly started calling me and said she even bought gifts forme during val. On the D day I off my phone,can't go back to my vomit. During their prime,they won't use their head and study life,its from one guy to the other,Then by age 30,lady already looking like 45,desperate to settle down,by age 35,no hope. I hate majority of naja ladies and I wish ritualsts ca reduce ther numbers. They are ungrateful and would mock u in disguise.
LOL. You go date rich girl hahaha. The problem with you guys is you think because someone is rich, that automatically makes the person mother Theresa. People dont become wealthy by being generous. Even your pastor who preaches giving will rather buy private jet and travel in luxury than give a penny to the hungry among his flock

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Jaqenhghar: 10:20pm On Mar 15, 2021
YorubaLord:

Simpleton with various mental challenges! angry
You are the simpleton. Lazy fool. They say he who pays the piper dictates the tune. You can never be collecting money from a woman and yet demand respect.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Incognito403: 10:21pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ardar:
The day Nigerian mails stop been foolish is the day all the water bodies on this earth dries up.

You can not eat your cake and have it. If you want to be a traditional man be a traditional man to the last and if you what to be modern then be modern to the core.

You want your wife to bring part of her income into the house while you don't help her with the house chores and at the same time demand maximum respect and submission from her. You want to mix all the benefits of having a traditional and modern marriage for yourselves all the while maintaining the traditional mode of marriage for your wives.

I am sorry but women are humans not remote controlled robots.

Sorry ma, which house chores do modern wives do? Better still, which house chores are they capable of doing?

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Jaqenhghar: 10:21pm On Mar 15, 2021
EvilNeedle:

Simp

Elton.
Is that the best you can come up with? Olodo. I wonder when men became this shameless. You become the woman in a relationship waiting for handouts tomorrow you will say you are alpha. No he only alpha na alfa for mosque

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by kevotek1000(m): 10:22pm On Mar 15, 2021
it's very hard to change most Nigerian girls from this mindset of selfishness and entitlement. Most especially those that came from a poor background, stay far away from them. i have dated several girls and I can tell, but if you eventually see someone that loves you, she's going to love you with everything she has...

4 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by knowhowk: 10:22pm On Mar 15, 2021
Work Hard ,Find a Surrogate mother ,Sign an agreement to carry baby/ Babies for you at least two ,Further your contract with her to take care of them till 2 to 3 years ,when they have started Schools ,Work hard to build a good home ,Hire a house Help and a good cook ,U can pay a good school with good environment to have them in the school till you close .Later move them to boarding school .Enjoy your life and stay away from Wife/ Woman Palava

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Akuruoulo(m): 10:23pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ardar:
The day Nigerian mails stop been foolish is the day all the water bodies on this earth dries up.

You can not eat your cake and have it. If you want to be a traditional man be a traditional man to the last and if you what to be modern then be modern to the core.

You want your wife to bring part of her income into the house while you don't help her with the house chores and at the same time demand maximum respect and submission from her. You want to mix all the benefits of having a traditional and modern marriage for yourselves all the while maintaining the traditional mode of marriage for your wives.

AND THERE WON'T EVER BE A HOUSE HELP IN MY HOUSE. ITS OBVIOUS SHE IS SHINING HER BOBOS WITH HER MONEY . I WILL ONLY KEEP QUIET IF HER SO CALLED MONEY IS SAVED FOR THE FUTURE WELL BEING OF OUR KIDS
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Jaqenhghar: 10:23pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kebbiprince:

I don't expect a toddler been spoon-fed by his parents to have an opinion over what he doesn't know. Is for mature men please, hard working toddler
Mature man indeed. A mature man that looks for women to wipe his ass. If you father was as stupid as you. He wouldnt be able to afford a wife talk more of send you to school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Kingcalls: 10:24pm On Mar 15, 2021
Nazgul:
I've said this severally and I'll keep saying it, any girl you're dating and claim to love, who can't bring out her money to buy you gifts or grant you urgent financial relief whenever called upon.

If you love your destiny as a man, stay away from such girls, cos if you marry them claiming love, you'll spend every penny of your life feeding, clothing and housing them, without her reciprocating your efforts. And as if that's not enough, you'll suffer miserably once your finances goes south, cos she'll mock you and call you unprintable degrading names.

I've witnessed such incident (my late uncle who died last year during the lock down) so I know exactly what I'm saying. If your girlfriend doesn't spend her money on you, or you can't point out a single gift she used her money to purchase for you, please don't marry her. It's for your own good.

And people like Skales will kneels down to beg such girls to marry them grin grin
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by jaxxy(m): 10:24pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kebbiprince:
In the marriage setting the two have become one and therefore should partake in doing things together, chores, finances etc

Its shocking how some women feel its ok to earn almost the same money as their men and feel zero obligation to contribute to anything in the family. Not just that, they now selfishly insist on spending their partners money. Who is raising these girls to think like that?
I have a colleague whose wife works very much like him yet she contributed nothing to the home but instead sends her own money to her family as if the man has no family too to send money to. This selfish act must stop!

It’s not just selfish it is very dumb. I think the problem here is people, women compare their marriages with others forgetting all hand are not equal and everybody has their own timing.

That controversial statement u made only works when the man is super comfortable bt not every marriage is at that stage so u can’t apply that logic until ur situation and comfort level gets to that point or stage. Bt some ladies don’t think properly. They are in a hurry nowhere. They cause more problems in their homes than solutions. undecided

And she supposed to be a helpmate? undecided
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Akuruoulo(m): 10:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
chiommy123:
She is saving it for the raining day na
IF THAT'S THE TRUTH, THEN AM OKAY BY IT.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Jaqenhghar: 10:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
Amb1045:
Can you really trust an African man. Can an African women really trust their husbands with what is happening in the society. An African man can wake up tomorrow morning and he will say he wants a second wife nothing will happen. I don't blame the women because it's part of our culture to have freedom. Let me use my grandma as a case study, she and her husband made thousands in Zaria back in the days through combined business buit two house in the southeast of the country when they relocated back east. Suddenly my grandfather went for a second wife who started dragging those properties my granny work for just imagine. In this part of the world our culture don't give women value, they can be kickout anyday and nothing will happen. Just watch people that divorce already. people learn from other peoples mistake. Don't blame Nigerian women blame the culture. Use Fani Kayode as a case study. if that man is in USA he will broke from series of divorce
Your granny's case is different. At least the men bring home the goods. Fani Kayode nakes his money. I am talking of these so called men who will be waiting for their women to go and hustle then bring food for them to eat. Then they want to Lord it over such women. How is that possible?

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Walkee: 10:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ardar:

do you know what a traditional man is? My grandfather was the Peak of traditional male, he married 12 wives and had multiple concubines outside. If I'm to foot every of your bill (which is nothing as far as I'm concerned) all you are allowed to do when I bring in second and third wives is to tell her welcome and go straight to your room
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by EvangelistChuks(m): 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2021
Trait of an unregenerated soul,don’t mind the fact that she has a title in the church. It’s wickedness of a higher order. Jesus Jesus to the rescue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo / Man Rents Out Wife’s Room, Relocates Her To The Parlour / John Fatoye Is Missing. Works In Lekki (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.