Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,743 members, 7,806,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries (23771 Views)

Sudan: Buses Evacuating Nigerian Students Stop In The Sahara Over Non-Payment / OPINION: FG Should Declare All Positions Vacant In All FG Universities / FG, ASUU Set October Deadline For Payment Of Salaries, Allowances’ Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:26am On Mar 15, 2021
The Academic Staff Union of Universities has threatened to resume its suspended strike over non-payment of salaries and alleged victimisation of members.

The chairman, University of Ibadan branch of ASUU, Prof. Ayo Akinwole, in a statement on Sunday asked Nigerians to blame the Federal Government if universities are shut down again.

Akinwole decried that despite agreeing to ASUU’s condition before the strike was suspended on December 24, 2020, many lecturers are still being owed salaries of between two and 10 months.

ASUU had called off its nine-month strike after the FG agreed to its conditions.

However, within two weeks of the conditional suspension of the nine-month strike embarked upon by ASUU, the Federal Government reportedly flouted the agreements.

It was learnt that as of December 31, 2020, the Federal Government had failed to fulfil three agreements reached with the union.

Among the agreements, FG failed to fulfil was the payment of the lecturers six months salaries, including December 2020 salaries, owed lecturers.

While over 100 lecturers were said not to receive payments for the two months at the University of Ibadan, lecturers in some universities received nothing since February 2020.

The ASUU chairman said, “While ASUU as a union, and her members as individuals in various branches have remained faithful to this agreement by returning to classes and performing their respective duties, the Federal Government, true to type, has reneged on its part

“Contrary to FGN affirmation of its commitment to pay all withheld salaries of ASUU members who have not enrolled in the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information system (IPPIS), three months after the suspension of Strike, thousands of ASUU members across various branch are still being owed salaries.

“Instead of deploying the University Transparency and Accountability Solution (UTAS) software developed by ASUU, which has been adjudged effective for payment of salaries, some of our members are still being denied their salaries and others are being coerced by agents of the government to register on the repressive IPPIS for payment of salaries.

“The Union ASUU and her members are made to suffer from all the aforementioned attacks by the federal government while the public expects our members, some of who now live on the charity of family members and colleagues for survival to use their personal resources to discharge their duties diligently in the universities.

“These harsh conditions would have terrible consequences on public tertiary education in Nigeria and when push eventually comes to shove, as it definitely will in no distant future, the Nigerian public should accordingly blame the Federal Government for its insincerity.

“Blame the federal government of Nigeria if the universities are shut down again.”

Source: https://punchng.com/ASUU-to-fg-varsities-will-be-shut-down-again-if/

1 Share

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by Bigdik70inch2(m): 1:10am On Mar 15, 2021
Ahhhhhhhhhhh..........
Fg and ASUU wahala.........be like breast nipple Oo.........e no dey gree bleach!!!!!!!

Couldn't believe I jux made FTC twice in day.........MY APPRECIATION GOES TO BURNA BOY.............THANKS FOR INSPIRING ME BRO......

How I wish this was my main Monika tho...... ##sobs.......

Lalasticlala!!!!!!bring my crown pls!!!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by iamyemiakins(m): 4:29am On Mar 15, 2021
ASUU and FG dey craze

Make I first comot from this level wey I don dey since 2019 before una start una craze

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by jetguy(m): 5:09am On Mar 15, 2021
thunder, your present is needed

1 Like

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by Xscape047: 5:19am On Mar 15, 2021
This kon3 nawao0

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by Amuluonyenaego: 11:50am On Mar 15, 2021
hh
Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by JOACHINpedro: 11:50am On Mar 15, 2021
Who send me enter Federal Uni? embarassed

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 15, 2021
Seriously
Do they take pride in this?
Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:50am On Mar 15, 2021
There would be mass immigration to another country the way I dey smell am. grin

Thank God we didn't refuse to go school when it was our time.

My sympathy goes to those students all over Nigeria who are feeling the heat of the present government's effects.

It is well with all of Una oooh.

Next level is here to stay. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by lanibi(f): 11:50am On Mar 15, 2021
Another wahala o
Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by BruncleZuma: 11:51am On Mar 15, 2021

4 Likes

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by setobaba: 11:51am On Mar 15, 2021
Again and again
Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by DuBLINGreenb(m): 11:51am On Mar 15, 2021
In this regard Somalia, Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Cape verde, Tanzania, Uganda, Gabon, Togo, Eswatini, South Africa better pass Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by Monogamy: 11:51am On Mar 15, 2021
grin

ASUU the ballers...They are not ready to work but want to be collecting salary..

I have never seen any association in the world that go on strike more than Nigeria ASUU

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by BUSHHUNTER: 11:51am On Mar 15, 2021
Me waiting for Nkiru

8 Likes

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by adioolayi(m): 11:52am On Mar 15, 2021
Na only this association fit go toe to toe with FGN. Dem get correct choco for head..They are not like those incapacitated yeye NLC...they will go on strike for days, months and years .....Yet, mumu FG will still do their bidding and pay arrears of unpaid salaries during strike.

grin grin grin

Go on...I dey your back... anything to make this irresponsible government responsible is welcomed!

15 Likes

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by Sonnobax15(m): 11:52am On Mar 15, 2021
lipsrsealed
My pity goes to those final year students...ASUU just dey use una destinies dey catch cruise stresslessly..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by Guwf: 11:53am On Mar 15, 2021
Go to Russia it's beta to be in a racist country and finish your education than to start in this shithole

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by joe0910: 11:53am On Mar 15, 2021
Presence **

quote author=jetguy post=99893729]thunder, your present is needed[/quote]
Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by JosephXavier: 11:54am On Mar 15, 2021
I guess the money meant for paying the lecturers has been used to settle the bandits that kidnapped those school children

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by Guwf: 11:54am On Mar 15, 2021
Macsjebs:
Seriously

Bro, abeg run check my signature

Say get ur free Bitcoin and u will see people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by Guwf: 11:54am On Mar 15, 2021
Macsjebs:
Seriously

Bro, abeg run check my signature

Say get ur free Bitcoin and u will see people

1 Like

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by merits(m): 11:55am On Mar 15, 2021
is like ASUU are ready to hear this pistol sounds.

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by IYANGBALI: 11:55am On Mar 15, 2021
Shut it dow abeg and stop wasting time. Who naija education epp?
Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by prince2pac(m): 11:55am On Mar 15, 2021
nawao

Lucas my man don de 100 since 2019, na Wetin nah..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by tutudesz: 11:55am On Mar 15, 2021
You salaries of your members who were on strike Serioiously

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by captainamiedi1: 11:56am On Mar 15, 2021
Money was use to grow the flourishing banditry and kidnapping business in the north.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by Darkcloud11(m): 11:56am On Mar 15, 2021
University of Ibadan 100 level be like

1 Like

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by Uyi168: 11:56am On Mar 15, 2021
...ASUU should allow me finish my pharmd program before embarking on another strike.

I beg u guys from the bottom of my soul..
cry

4 Likes

Re: ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries by affable4(m): 11:58am On Mar 15, 2021
Lol. Salary for the period the strike lasted. Las las, na students loose for this gra gra.

You dont even need village people to delay your destiny when you school in Naija.

Soon you go graduate at the age of over 25years, how do you want to apply for jobs as a graduate trainee when you don turn papalolo.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things I'm Glad I Knew Before I Graduated / My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department / Kebbi Commissioner Visits School And Meets Only The Students There

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.