Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement (7625 Views)

Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu / Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail / President & Labour Finally Reach An Agreement - Work Resumes Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Kenyy: 8:13pm On Apr 13, 2011
For those still in doubt on who will be the president of Nigeria on May 29, 2011, should read this:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-645983.0.html
All we need to do is to protect our VOTES.
Please, Riggers should be Warned as there shall be on the spot JUDGEMENT! To Be  Forewarned Is To Be Forearmed!
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by davidom: 8:16pm On Apr 13, 2011
Sorry guys its all over for Buhari although he tried his best to become Nigeria's democratically elected President after truncating the former and for Ribadu he's a future asset, he needs to mature into the Presidency experience,
The best of them all among the available remains GEJ. So the winner and next President for Nigeria for the next 4 years is GOODLUCK EBERE JONATHAN, CONGRATULATIONS, GBAM!!!
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by adros84(m): 8:43pm On Apr 13, 2011
Thank God the talks failed. It was an alliance to get some people into power at all costs. I do not like the PDP and would like to see the end of them but, I hate alliances that bring strange bedfellows together. Such marriages of convenience will ultimately collapse and lead to political insecurity. Let Ribadu run alone. If he loses, let him wait for another time. He is still young. Let Buhari run alone. If he loses, let him retire from politics. He is already old and has tasted power once. Let Jonathan run alone. If he loses, let him become a statesman after all he has seen it all - Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice-President and President. Let as many candidates as possible run . let each man bear his own cross. Let none try to ride on the back of another. God bless Nigeria.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Igwe9(m): 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2011
efisher:

Believe again. The change is here already. Embrace it!

Goodluck to you,
Goodluck to me,
Goodluck Nigeria.

This reminds me of one of the national assembly's aspirants (a member of the opposition party ) that accosted a friend of mine simply 'cos he said ''good luck'' to him prior to the national assembly's election. grin grin
He claimed that my guy was mocking him by saying good luck to him when he knows that goodluck was his greatest nightmare, if not  for the intervention of God and how smart my Guy was  to claim a member of his party. . . . . .

Na waooh, some people are damn desperate that they've lost the meaning of the word 'good luck' as in good wishes.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 13, 2011
adros84:

Thank God the talks failed. It was an alliance to get some people into power at all costs. I do not like the PDP and would like to see the end of them but, I hate alliances that bring strange bedfellows together. Such marriages of convenience will ultimately collapse and lead to political insecurity. Let Ribadu run alone. If he loses, let him wait for another time. He is still young. Let Buhari run alone. If he loses, let him retire from politics. He is already old and has tasted power once. Let Jonathan run alone. If he loses, let him become a statesman after all he has seen it all - Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice-President and President. Let as many candidates as possible run . let each man bear his own cross. Let none try to ride on the back of another. God bless Nigeria.
True talk. Let the best man win. If GFJ wins fine. If Buhari wins fine, if Ribadu wins fine. All I want is a free and fair election. Though I prefer Buhari.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by bfire(m): 10:02pm On Apr 13, 2011
"As a class, you and I and our friends who comprise the elite are incredibly blind. We refuse to see what we do not want to see. That is why we have not brought about the changes which our society must undergo or be written off. We have no option really; if we do not move, we shall be moved. The masses whose name we take in vain are not amused; they do not enjoy their punishment and poverty."

-- Chinua Achebe in the "The Trouble with Nigeria" (p 25)

The problem lies in our inability to think about tomorrow; for our children; rather we engage ourselves in religion, tribal and self delusion.

A soul search means we should look beyond these people and see what they are for rather than what we think they are. What's wrong in a change?

The electorate should take this opportunity to show that power actually reside with them. And if by tomorrow the new leaders fail to deliver, then we simply take back our government by voting them out.

I'm not in anyways condemning GEJ as an individual, but he's not a tree that he should make a forest albeit the rest of the candidates for the presidential election.

Let's think for once that we are in a mess. Look around you, what changes have you noticed for the past decade that is positive in comparison to the negative happenings.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
Your choice:
Vote Saturday 16th April 2011

Vote for:

Integrity, Competence with Humility

Be wise with your vote!!

[flash=850,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acd4f_miAvA?version=3[/flash]
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Adeoladada: 10:13pm On Apr 13, 2011
PLS I WANT TO KNOW DOES NIGERIA BELONG TO PEOPLE FROM NORTH ALONE,WHY DO DEY WANT TO MERGE,OH SO THAT THE POWER WILL NOT LIVE HAUSA SPEEKING STATE ABI? NO WONDER MOST OF THE BUHARI SUPPORTER ARE EITHER HAUSA OR MUSLIM AND YOU SAID THIS IS NOT AN ETHNIC PROBLEM. I PITY THOSE FROM SOUTHWEST THAT ARE SUPPORTING BUHARI. IF U ARE CONFUSE ABOUT BUHARI GO AND ASK AN ELDER THAT WAS VERY MUCH CURRENT DURING THE REGIME OF BUHARI/IDIAGBON .I REALLY PITY U
VOTE GUDLUCK FOR BETTER 2MORROW
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by dejahvu(m): 10:56pm On Apr 13, 2011
Im from the North, but a Christian
i laff at southerners that want to vote Buhari,
Northerners always have their agenda,
That wil and has to favour them, u will regret voting buhari
but at the same time there is no need to regret cos GEJ is winning
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Mcleo007(m): 10:58pm On Apr 13, 2011
I think I'm begining to dislike Buhari by the day. Still undecided on who to vote.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by BigB11(m): 11:06pm On Apr 13, 2011
It is painful when I read some of the posts on this forum.

Goodluck did absolutely nothing yesterday or today, hence, he has nothing to offer tomorrow.
This is so not because he's a useless man, but simply because he's surrounded by evil people that prefer this country to remain the same till the end of time.
It is also clear that what is on the ground is way too big for Goodluck to handle.
And God knows that I'm better off if Goodluck wins.
But we must all stop thinking about just selves, set aside foolish sentiment state of mind and start looking at the bigger picture.

It is 100% guarantee that Buhari will clean the blockage that has been preventing the growth of this great country; the blockage that is killing the children one by one, (the hope and our tomorrow).

Education has stopped in this country for almost 20 yrs.
Medical system is only available for the elites.
Power supply is also only available for the elites.

My friends, you do not want to witness how heavily the children of the elites roll in Abuja and Lagos (mostly using money that belong to all of us).
In Nigeria today, it is either you're very rich or very poor or you don't even count.
How long can we stand to witness this craziness?

My people, this is the greatest opportunity for all Nigerians to speak out clealy by electing a candidate that will work hard for all the people of this great country.

Buhari today became very emotional during the presentation of his manifesto. A military man crying? Believe me, the man he's crying for our future.

OBJ, Tinubu, Bode George, Goodluck and many others are damn too comfortable, too cool to cry or to see what is exactly wrong with this great country.

Pls wake up and let us get it right this time around.Let the politicians know that we want our country back.
Enough is enough!

Buhari 2011 or else we shall continue to fool ourselves and our future for 4 more years longer.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 13, 2011
I am asking all Nigerians to vote for “Goodluck Jonathan”. Ask me why and I can give you nothing less than 50 reasons. I am not a member of any political party but the man seems the best choice for NOW. Just look at the way he is running things PEACEFULLY, I am impressed.
As Head of state and Chief of staff, Buhari and Tunde Id, sent three Drug Smugglers to the great beyond with a draconian law they “promulgated” and “Back dated”. At the time those guys were caught, the offence did not carry a “Death Sentence”, yet they did not care, look, we don’t need any one that will take us down a tough road to nowhere.
Vote G E J.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by davidom: 11:18pm On Apr 13, 2011
i can never vote for a crying General as a President, let me give u guys what was going on Buhari's mind when he was sobbing: after 3 attempts i still can't be President of Nigeria and this ACN just added more insult by refusing to merge with CPC, am i a born losser or is the Presidency by force? Abeg i give up GEJ is the WINNER!!! soobbbingggggg
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by hakanai(m): 11:20pm On Apr 13, 2011
For me i think the platforms is there.The resolve or position to pick candidates of your choice is with Nigerians.Its to early for one to say an alliance or failure of one could result in defeat.
Nigerians know what they want and alot more remains in our fate as a nation.May the people vote and there votes count.May the enemies of this nation fail and fall during this elections.May the the voice of the people trumph over the voice godfathers and money bags.

My VOTE is dedicated to the Buhari and Bakare team.Don't care even if i stand alone in the polling unit as the only BB 2011 supporter.I am sure and certain!

VOTE BUHARI/BAKARE 2011
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by MeGaStReEt: 11:21pm On Apr 13, 2011
Donlittle:

ok so why should we vote goodluck?

Because he is the best man for the job

Goodluck NIGERIA
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by MeGaStReEt: 11:23pm On Apr 13, 2011
davidom:

i can never vote for a crying General as a President, let me give u guys what was going on Buhari's mind when he was sobbing: after 3 attempts i still can't be President of Nigeria and this ACN just added more insult by refusing to merge with CPC, am i a born losser or is the Presidency by force? Abeg i give up GEJ is the WINNER!!!  soobbbingggggg

lol
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by davmor(m): 11:29pm On Apr 13, 2011
I imagined how fooled I would be when I voted for any of these merging FOOLS. Ribadu and Buhari. I called them FOOOOLs because i reasoned their plan of merging together as a tactics to run our country Nigeria as a Partnership Business, and believe me the country's agenda is going to be an abandoned issue and they will keep fighting through out their tenure on who gets more cash from the nation's account than the other. Nairalanders are the knowledgeable youths of Nigeria and we cannot elect two leaders in Rep. of one leader, which indirectly, we are being fooled by their plans of merging together.  DON'T VOTE for either ACN or CPC come Saturday, because they have revealed their selfish plan against the transformation of the nation NIGERIA. Even in their negociation, they have already started nagging who will go and who not go as the so=called President candidate. CAN  WE ALL SEE THAT THEY BOTH ARE SELFISH AND AS WELL ARROGANT. None of them can hear to our cry as they will only do what they like.
PLEASE in a CAPITAL formulation, LETS VOTE GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN as he has started the long awaited TRANSFORMATION SO FAR. Look @ things like Petroleum, Power Generating, Goods coming IN and OUT of the country, Women remembered, totally, its a FRESH Air into Great Nigeria  for LUCKY PEOPLE as Great Nation Emerge.
God in Heaven I will feel as though Christ is now in charge if you grant GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN Success come Saturday's Presidential Election, because he is my choice before you God and man. Am serious here please God give us GOODLUCK to rule us, in Jesus name, AMEN.

Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Exponental(m): 12:06am On Apr 14, 2011
Time frame is just too short. I dont expect a consensus. If one steps down, it gives a chance of letting the one dat steps down lose some governorship seats. Like AD did in 2003. To dis, I expect an OYO conclusion.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by powacon: 12:33am On Apr 14, 2011
[b]The fact remains that Buhari is part of History. He does not know what it means to be a democrat. He does not have the training. I'm very sure he does not understand how democracy works(as a military man) just like obj. He will only take us decades back. He was in Abacha's deadly government as PTF CHAIRMAN but did not see anything wrong with the regime of TERROR/TYRANNY.

He want us to believe that he has Nigeria's interest at heart with all the tears and yet he is still dinning with the likes of ATIKU and IBB(BAD NEWS FOR NIGERIA),trying to ride on their back to get to Aso rock. Honestly as a person i have great respect for the General, but there are so many doubts at this point in time. if you ask me, with men(or evil infuence) like IBB/ATIKU around him, nothing is going to change in this country. We need to seriously break away from all these men and stop recycling power around them for this country to move forward. ON THAT CRITICAL NOTE, BUHARI JUST LOST MY SUPPORT/VOTE and that of others around me. Nigerians open your eyes and forget sentiments

Goodluck Jonathan is not particularly there but he has made remarkable iimpact and there is room for improvement. my vote is not going to PDP but to GOODLUCK JONATHAN. But please do not let us down just as you keep saying.

I love my country(NIGERIA FOR LIVE) LONG LIVE NIGERIA[/b]
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by sammieone(m): 12:41am On Apr 14, 2011
A man that masterminded a coup against a voted administration has no personal interest - His interest may not be wealth acquisition but don't tell me he has no interest. No one goes into the race for wealth acquisition - we could say power but not just wealth acquisition in the presidential stage.

Buhari said few weeks ago that TINUBU IS TOO AMBITIOUS, now was can see who is most ambitious, the man will spend years struggling with so many things IF elected president. We (NIGERIANS) dont want a time waste, its GOODLUCK jare,
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by furiousB: 1:00am On Apr 14, 2011
The formular to taking power is to simply form a united front take a candidate like shekarau who nobody pays attention to,whose image has not been slandered in the media who was best in the debate and people would agree is the best cadidate,but lacks popularity take him and form a united front,go to the media make posters with him in front and the likes of buhari,fashola,oshimole,ribadu etc standing behind him put slongs that dis is a revolution(political) after all dis is what nigerian hav been asking for (revolution) and a united front where religion,tribe and self gain has been put aside trust me people would line up in the streets to see if there candidates are behind him,people lik me who dont noramally vote would tak dis election serious dat maybe dis just might work,its obvious the parties cant win on there own because people are too divided about the 3 riba,buri and sheka so surprise PDP, they are still reeling from the last defeats,kick them while still down mak them panic there might stil be a chance for change am not here supporting anybody but politic is no long rig and win u hav to be tatical.shock ur oppoments den strike booyaaa.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by furiousB: 1:03am On Apr 14, 2011
[b]The formular to taking power is to simply form a united front take a candidate like shekarau who nobody pays attention to,whose image has not been slandered in the media who was best in the debate and people would agree is the best cadidate,but lacks popularity take him and form a united front,go to the media make posters with him in front and the likes of buhari,fashola,oshimole,ribadu etc standing behind him put slongs that dis is a revolution(political) after all dis is what nigerians hav been asking for (revolution) and a united front where religion,tribe and self gain has been put aside trust me people would line up in the streets to see if there candidates are behind him,people lik me who dont noramally vote would tak dis election serious dat maybe dis just might work,its obvious the parties cant win on there own because people are too divided about the 3 riba,buri and sheka so surprise PDP, they are still reeling from the last defeats,kick them while still down mak them panic there might stil be a chance for change am not here supporting anybody but politic is no long rig and win u hav to be tatical.shock ur opponents den strike booyaaa.[/b][/b]
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by KnowAll(m): 1:16am On Apr 14, 2011
coup is a sin against the state and the sensibilities of all citizens of the state. Shagari might be bad back in 1983, but what of those coming after him like Alex Ekwueme who was warming up to take over in 1997 he might not be that bad. Buhari truncated a democratic process. Today we all witness to Fashola's STRIDES in Lagos after Tinubu's not too significant 8 years in power.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Nchara: 3:11am On Apr 14, 2011
Up, up Jonathan, down, down Buhari and Ribadu. They shall remain confounded and speaking in multiple tongues until after the election. I have spoken
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by juliebest(f): 4:36am On Apr 14, 2011
I hope all pple supporting the evil dictator (buhari) b/c of Bakare noticed that had this deal gone through, bakare will have stepped down foe adeola. yes buhari wanted Ribdu (who is better than him) to step so that he'll take ACN's vice and throw away bakare that've benn garnering support for him.
All of u think, think, this means he can easily remove bakare anytime anyday it suits him.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by BetaThings: 6:38am On Apr 14, 2011
davidom:

i can never vote for a crying General as a President, let me give u guys what was going on Buhari's mind when he was sobbing: after 3 attempts i still can't be President of Nigeria and this ACN just added more insult by refusing to merge with CPC, am i a born losser or is the Presidency by force? Abeg i give up GEJ is the WINNER!!!  soobbbingggggg
Pathetic! 16 posts altogether, half of them repetition. No matter what the man does you would not vote for him. You know that a lot of people also said Shagari was better than both Zik and Awo. Shagari won, no doubt, but who lost? Nigerians. I don't seek anyone claiming to be a Shagariist, but the I still see people (Zikists and Awoists) identifying with the ostensible losers.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 14, 2011
Reality seems to be setting in. . . tongue
I mean, people are beginning to realize its been all about ethnicity, religion, pride and the born to rule mentality.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by ifyalways(f): 7:00am On Apr 14, 2011
^Hey Nuzo,where have u been?How is it going?Did u give the NASS thingy (or any) a shot?
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by TBrownAuto(m): 7:22am On Apr 14, 2011
It very painful that we nigeria are ignorance of our selve we judge and rate people with useless point for the fact that we have educated ilitrate in the country ruling us do not mean we sholud be one too at least we all kow fuly well that Buhari is the man to rule this nation if truely we want change and people are talking of the bad luck we have now in the country that has spent 900 billion in yotal for ellection and refuse to sign the country bubget which is 3.89trillion in what part of the worl such money has been spent on ellection and if truely his a man of honour and has something to offer why will he spend such amount of money on election let stop foolng our self and be sincere with our self as far as PDP rule will continue to sufer so is left for you to get rich or die trying if PDP rule
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 14, 2011
PAST RECORD: In August 2006, the EFCC had seized the sum of N104 Million from one Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu. Nwosu testified on oath that the money belonged to Mrs. Jonathan, then the Bayelsa State first lady, and that she was a mere mule, con, tracted to launder the loot. The case eventually made its way through the EFCC’s convoluted investigative hoops, ending up in the court of Justice Anwuli Chikere of the Federal High Court Abuja. Then, like all corruption cases involving favored members of the PDP family, the case fizzled out, never to be officially mentioned again. Even the fate of the seized money, which Justice Chikere ordered frozen, is still a mystery.

Another incident came to light before the dust of the first incident settled. The story, widely reported in September 2006 in the local and international media, was of yet another EFCC interception of funds traced to the then Bayelsa first lady. This time, the amount in question was an unheard of $13.5 Million. Like the previous loot, it was destined for laundering in offshore schemes. Mr. Osita Nwajah, the EFCC spokesman, gleefully announced the seizure. Again, the case disappeared into the the PDP’s labyrinth of impunity.

CURRENT RECORD: Our public debt is 17.8% of the GDP while crude oil accounts for 95% of our exports. Our foreign reserves have gone down from $72 billion in 2008 to $33 billion in 2011. Our gross external debt has been put at $9.689 billion and the Gross Domestic Debt has shot up from $13.6 billion in 2006 to $21.8 billion.

South Africa gave a contract for 5,000MW at just $3b, but Nigeria spent over $17b in 11 years on power to generate less than 2,000MW. The 2011 budget shows that the government will have to borrow additional N1.3 trillion in 2011, to finance a deficit. The National Assembly has widened the deficit gap further by jacking the budget up by about N700 billion!

Excess Crude Account was valued at $22 billion in 2007 but was down to less than $4 billion by 2010. Our Domestic debt grew rapidly between March December, 2010 by up to as much as $30 billion. The state of insecurity has become increasingly worrisome.

Manufacturers consume 8.7 million liters of diesel weekly for their operations, amounting to about N903 million weekly or N3.6 billion monthly. A total of 834 manufacturing companies closed their factories in 2009. 176 firms were shut down in the Northern area, comprising the Kano and Kaduna states manufacturing axis. In the South-East-178, the South West- 225, in the Lagos area, 214 manufacturers closed their factories. The implications in terms of job loss can only be imagined.

DOES IT MATTER WHETHER YOU VOTE FOR CHANGE OR CONTINUITY?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista / Buhari Relegated To Back Row At The World G7 Summit Looks Dejected-pics / Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.