Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have (978 Views)

The Top 6 Causes Of Kidney Disease / COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 / 8 Dangerous & Deadly Things Most Nigerians Do Ignorantly; 1 & 2 Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by blazepascal(m): 8:40am On Mar 15, 2021
Phobia means fear. People have different phobias, ranging from fear of things which may look insignificant to other people, to things which are actually life-threatening.

The following are some of the most common phobias prevalent among people in the Nigeria

1. Cynophobia (Fear of dogs)

Dog is Man's best friend, but the average Nigerian is scared of dogs. Whether it's a street dog or a neighbour's dog, there's always a sense of dread on sighting a dog. 
This can be due to a childhood experience involving a dog chase or a dog bite, or just a simple fear of dog bites, which can be very deadly, on the part of the person

2. Glossophobia (Fear of public speaking)

Glossophobia is a fear of public speaking. This can be seen as a variant of social anxiety disorder .people with glossophobia are afraid of talking in front of group of people. This fear can vary widely, from becoming very nervous when standing in front of a crowd to being unable to speak at all. 

3. Acrophobia (Fear of heights)

Affects: 90% of the nigeria population

Acrophobia is a fear of heights. People with acrophobia will commonly have symptoms of spinning, also known as vertigo, in response to situations where they perceive they are high off the ground. In response to heights, they may also freeze in place and are unable to move from the spot.

In most cases, the feeling of anxiety is relieved when the person returns to ground level. People with acrophobia will often avoid situations involving heights. The severity of this phobia can vary greatly. In some people, the fear will be onset from standing at the top of a tall building, while in others it can be induced by scaling a ladder. 

This phobia stems from the person losing confidence in their ability to stay balanced or fearing that they will fall. 

4. Ophidiophobia (Fear of snakes)

lalasticlala's favourite animal is dreaded by most Nigerians we all know how dangerous snake bites can be. This is why the first instinct on sighting a snake is to scream and put as much distance between ourselves and the reptile. In spite of this, some certain cultures idolize snakes and would never kill them. 

5. Trypanophobia (Fear of injections)

Trypanophobia is a fear of injections. It is also known as a fear of needles. People with trypanophobia will experience extreme anxiety in response to procedures requiring a needlestick. Although this is common among children, some adults still grow up with this phobia, and may have severe reactions such as fainting when confronted with a needle.

6.PHASMOPHOBIA (FEAR OF GHOST)

Phasmophobia: An average Nigerian must have heard a ghost story before, whether good or bad, and would have believed it. Most ghost stories are horrific, hence the fear.People believe that ghosts, when they appear to humans, are always bad omens. This is why some religions perform certain rituals during the burial of a dead person, so that the ghost of such person will rest, and not haunt them, especially someone who died young, or was murdered.

so which of this phobias do you have let us know in the comment section or what other phobias do you have not stated here

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by Typicool8(m): 8:42am On Mar 15, 2021
All grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by LifeQuest(m): 8:46am On Mar 15, 2021
All except 2, 5 & 6
Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by blazepascal(m): 8:49am On Mar 15, 2021
Typicool8:
All grin grin
lol so in all your lifetime you are living in fear

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by blazepascal(m): 8:52am On Mar 15, 2021
LifeQuest:
All except 2, 5 & 6
. brave man so you aint scared of ghost
Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by Typicool8(m): 8:56am On Mar 15, 2021
blazepascal:
lol so in all your lifetime you are living in fear

My bro no be cowardice o buh that fear has saved me many times grin
Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by RoyalBlu(f): 9:08am On Mar 15, 2021
My phobia of snakes tops any other kind of phobias...

I used to be scared of dogs. But not anymore.
Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by blazepascal(m): 9:17am On Mar 15, 2021
Typicool8:

My bro no be cowardice o buh that fear has saved me many times grin
lmao grin

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by blazepascal(m): 9:19am On Mar 15, 2021
RoyalBlu:
My phobia of snakes tops any other kind of phobias...

I used to be scared of dogs. But not anymore.
. maybe you should start playing with snakes to overcome the fear grin
Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by RoyalBlu(f): 9:24am On Mar 15, 2021
blazepascal:
. maybe you should start playing with snakes to overcome the fear grin

� Not in this lifetime o.
Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by blazepascal(m): 9:52am On Mar 15, 2021
RoyalBlu:

� Not in this lifetime o.
lol
Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by Mogajunior(m): 10:35am On Mar 15, 2021
cool
Nigeria's number one phobia is..
BUBUPHOBIA
Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by lalasticlala(m): 11:19am On Mar 15, 2021
Number 5 tops it for me
Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by Georgekyrian(m): 12:00pm On Mar 15, 2021
Oh 3 and 4 got me like kilode. As for one I stop fearing dog from the day I believe that any dog that bite me I will either bite her back or kill her with my hands, simple! I no fit run for dog shaa
Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by rawpadgin(m): 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2021
Honestly speaking, the only phobia i have is the fear of falling in love. I don't want to fall in love heck, i don't need to love the woman i will marry.

lalasticlala:
Number 5 tops it for me
someone that loves snakes with long and sharp fangs is scared of injection shocked shocked sad
Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by blazepascal(m): 2:34pm On Mar 15, 2021
Mogajunior:
cool Nigeria's number one phobia is.. BUBUPHOBIA
lol
Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by blazepascal(m): 2:36pm On Mar 15, 2021
lalasticlala:
Number 5 tops it for me
lol .. really ..so you are still scared of injection

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by blazepascal(m): 2:38pm On Mar 15, 2021
Georgekyrian:
Oh 3 and 4 got me like kilode. As for one I stop fearing dog from the day I believe that any dog that bite me I will either bite her back or kill her with my hands, simple! I no fit run for dog shaa
lol do the same for snake
Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by Ajibaba101(m): 7:53pm On Mar 15, 2021
It like I do not have any phobia o
Re: Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have by Twoclans(f): 9:54pm On Mar 15, 2021
Fear of height and fear of snakes ,this two fears puts the fear of God in me.

A doctor had to legit give me treatment to manage vertigo when I was much younger .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Symptoms of chronic Sexually Transmitted Diseases&Herbal Treatment / Is This Sperm Test Analysis Normal / IUD Wahala !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.