Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican (18028 Views)

Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) / "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines / 2019: Catholic Church Will Enforce Ban On Political Prophecy – Bishop Onaga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 16, 2021
May God Almighty be merciful in Judgement
Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 16, 2021
grin
Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Egalitarian1: 12:01pm On Mar 16, 2021
Please, someone close to Mr Righteousness2 of a guy should kindly bundle him to see his doctor urgently.

13 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by fourboys: 12:02pm On Mar 16, 2021
thank you Papal

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by lonecatt(m): 12:02pm On Mar 16, 2021
ekochris:

Guy, you don cast yourself.
if not for one thing I would have called him a fool

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Patrioticman007(m): 12:03pm On Mar 16, 2021
Righteousness2:

Pray with an open heart!
And ask the LORD to open your eyes of Understanding!
Follow Events ! You will see Understand!

Seen

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by driy65(m): 12:04pm On Mar 16, 2021
Righteousness2:
Revelation 3:15-16
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

You can't be with GOD and be an advocate for Evil and Wickedness. That is Confusion.

You can't say one thing here and say another there.

You either Stand Fully for GOD and HIS Word or you do other wise. Being in the middle is Confusion and Disatrous!

These are Last of the Last days! Stand out bodly For JESUS Christ! There is no other way!

The Catholic Church has some Honest , bold and truthful Servants committed to GOD but the Present pope by his doings and actions fits the bill for the False Prophet of the antichrist...
Not sure you are normal

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Romanoff(f): 12:04pm On Mar 16, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

There are just disappointed.There are hoping the Catholic Church says otherwise so they can market their mushroom churches.

What you don't realise is that the church is the church, regardless of where you worship. This division makes Christianity look confusing. And if you have the spirit of God in you, you'll know better.

I hate it when I see so called Christians peddle division on social media where there are unbelievers who also cast aspersions on our faith.
It's really sad.

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by fourboys: 12:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
Righteousness2:
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

You can't be with GOD and be an advocate for Evil and Wickedness. That is Confusion.

You either Stand Fully for GOD and HIS Word or you do other wise. Being in the middle is Confusion and Disatrous!

These are Last of the Last days! Stand out bodly For JESUS Christ! There is no other way!

The Catholic Church has some Honest , bold and truthful Servants committed to GOD but the Present pope by his doings and actions fits the bill for the False Prophet of the antichrist...
I respect u a lot but u are gradually loosing it... at dis junction u need serious prayers

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by doxijaw: 12:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
Common sense at last.
Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by wink2015(m): 12:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
PAPAL BLESSING !

Vatican city !

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by godlessmind: 12:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
prince2pac:
The Vatican doctrinal office has said that priests and other Catholic ministers will not be allowed to bless same-sex marriages, Reuters reports.

The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF), in a statement on Monday warned that it is not licit to bless same-sex marriage as marriages between men and women was a sacrament that cannot be extended to same sex couples.

“For this reason, it is not licit to impart a blessing on relationships, or partnerships, even stable, that involve sexual activity outside of marriage (i.e., outside the indissoluble union of a man and a woman open in itself to the transmission of life), as is the case of the unions between persons of the same sex,” it said.

“God does not and cannot bless sin: He blesses sinful man, so that he may recognize that he is part of his plan of love and allow himself to be changed by him,” the statement added.

Approved by Pope Francis, the ruling of the doctrinal office was issued to address questions about whether Catholic clergy can bless same-sex unions. 

The Pope Francis in 2020 sparked controversies after he clamoured for the protection of civil rights of Homosexuals.

“Homosexual people have a right to be in a family, they are children of God and have a right to a family. Nobody should be thrown out or made miserable over it. What we have to create is a civil union law. That way they are legally covered,” Pope Francis said.  

The office stated that its response was not to be a form of unjust discrimination, but a reminder of the truth of the liturgical rite.

It added that such blessings will not be allowed despite being motivated by sincere desire to help homosexual persons grow in the faith.

https://www.gazettengr.com/catholic-church-will-not-bless-same-sex-marriages-vatican/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

“God does not and cannot bless sin: He blesses sinful man, so that he may recognize that he is part of his plan of love and allow himself to be changed by him,” the statement added.

Religion and hypocrisy is like Nigeria and corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Djyucee1(m): 12:10pm On Mar 16, 2021
Good one. God forbids it.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by doxijaw: 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2021
godlessmind:

Religion and hypocrisy is like Nigeria and corruption.

He blesses sinners who have repented and decided to sin no more.

He didn't say continue sinning.. lol

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by godlessmind: 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2021
Mindlog:

Your schizophrenic self as usual, obsessed with your trademark religious delusions!
He is a fanatic and brainwashed faithfool

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by DAramis: 12:14pm On Mar 16, 2021

“God does not and cannot bless sin: He blesses sinful man, so that he may recognize that he is part of his plan of love and allow himself to be changed by him” QED.

Roman Catholic (Unquotable quote)

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Primase: 12:14pm On Mar 16, 2021
Righteousness2:

You have to be careful how you quote the Bible and interpret it to suit your unquenchable desire to deceive the gullible.
You have to see things beyond your prejudice and your level of awareness, otherwise you may end up exposing your own ignorance.
In the end, nobody can defend you on the day of judgement.

12 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Benblaq(m): 12:15pm On Mar 16, 2021
Righteousness2:

You dey talk too much.

9 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by CyynthiaKiss(f): 12:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
Righteousness2:
[/s]Revelation 3:15-16

[/s]

If you don't know what to say just shut up... You must not show yourself everywhere...

Imaging this clown insulting the Pope

10 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Kelvin3476: 12:17pm On Mar 16, 2021
lonecatt:
if not for one thing I would have called him a fool
That guy shame catch me sotay i begin pity am pass the way i de pitty NIGERIA.

8 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Kaycee9242(m): 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2021
Righteousness2:

U are totally mad and have no one to tell u that, next time read with comprehension. Hypocrite

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by lexy2014: 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
Righteousness2:

What are u saying? U sound confused

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by chiagozien(m): 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
ObiOfOnistha:
Catholics are neither here nor there, they are always jumping like monkey from one place to another, they are like the biblical Simeon the sorcerer. they are unstable like the sea
lolz African masquerade is a sin but White man father christmas is Holy.

All this well house churches Sef.

12 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Kaycee9242(m): 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

Are you sure you are mentally okay dude

If he is just mentally disabled den its better but d guy is a foolish hypocrite

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Lorddominic(m): 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2021
Righteousness2:

Dude, you are totally mad. It's a fact!... before you scramble for FTC award on this forum, ensure you read and digest the article before commenting...

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Akanoaaa(m): 12:25pm On Mar 16, 2021
Righteousness2:

Arindin

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Kelvin3476: 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2021
Righteousness2:

THE HOLY PAPAL REALLY FALL UR HAND , ABI ? U THINK SAY HIM BE THE SIDE THEM GAY SIDE; ABI ? LAS LAS 4RM TODAY HENCEFORTH I GO THE PITY U PASS NIGERIA... UR BRAIN CELL IS DEAD AND GONE

10 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by lagonovo: 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2021
Very deep from the Catholic Church and totally in line with Matthew 22:34-40.

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Ezyp(m): 12:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
Righteousness2:

Pray with an open heart!
And ask the LORD to open your eyes of Understanding!
Follow Events ! You will see and Understand!
Oga what's your definition of anti-christ? Do people who are against Christ move around the world preaching peace?. What have your church leader done about the peace of the world? Yet you call someone making effort to bring peace through Christ anti-christ. You need to pray so your sense of reasoning be open.

11 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Kaycee9242(m): 12:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
prince2pac:
The church respect their choices but never ratifies such lifestyle...

Tell d dullard he reads without understanding

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican by Kaycee9242(m): 12:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
Alexandro15:

If the pope had said otherwise, I would have understood your name callings. But I can't understand why you are still calling him names after this very clear statement of his.
If the antichrist does all he can to promote peace and preach love, to the extent of going to muslim countries to promote christianity, then perhaps we might want to consider christianity all over

Tell d dullard he reads without understanding

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tithe – You Are Not Robbing God, Your Pastor Is Robbing God’s People. / Pastor And Wife Welcome Twins After 16 Years Of Childlessness / Pastor David Ibiyeomie: Any Love That Does Not Involve Giving Is Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.