Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized (28446 Views)

Strange Disease In Kano Caused By Dansami Poisoning - NAFDAC / Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano / Jonathan Adewunmi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by Amotolongbo(f): 8:35pm On Mar 15, 2021
The National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has confirmed that many persons have been hospitalized following the outbreak of a strange infectious illness in Kano State.

The State Coordinator of the agency, Mr Shaba Muhammad, told the newsmen on Monday that the agency has collected water samples for laboratory analysis following the outbreak, NAN reports.

Muhammad said the agency received a report of manifestation of a strange disease suspected to be caused by drinking sachet water and locally processed drinks in the metropolis.

He explained that a team of officials of the agency had visited the infected persons at the Infectious Diseases Hospital (IDH), Kano, and some of the affected areas.

“Reports indicated that the infection involves sachet water and local drinks suspected to be prepared with expired and adulterated products.

“The infected persons developed symptoms such as severe vomiting and urine mixed with blood after drinking suspected sachet water and local drink.

“However, we have collected samples of the suspected water and the products for analysis to discover the cause of the disease,” he said.

Muhammad further disclosed that the agency had scaled up surveillance to check circulation of fake and counterfeit products in the state.

He urged members of the public to be vigilant and check the label of the products.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/03/15/many-hospitalized-as-strange-disease-hits-kano/?amp&__twitter_impression=true
Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by ojun50(m): 8:41pm On Mar 15, 2021
na every time them hospitalized for kano state

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by TheStakeHolder(m): 8:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
“The infected persons developed symptoms such as severe vomiting and urine mixed with blood after drinking suspected sachet water and local drink ."

No comments

lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by Omihanifa: 8:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
Mabizeka:
After slamming their heads countless times on the floor why won't they be suffering from different types of diseases

I will report you to sheik GUMI undecided

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by harmargedon: 8:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
The North

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by Mabizeka: 8:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
Omihanifa:

I will report you to sheik GUMI undecided
Highest na to kidnap me.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by adajoe555: 9:00pm On Mar 15, 2021
North and wahala be like bicycle....

Anyways you guys should get well soon

4 Likes

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by FalseProphet1(m): 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
It's a cholera outbreak, the pure water company fetched their drinking water from a contaminated source and didn't treat it before packaging and selling to the public. They need vaccines. This I have seen.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by whisper88(m): 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
They are in charge of the country, but then again.. What do I know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by vincentjk(m): 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
These things sometimes na poverty dey cause am sha

5 Likes

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by emmabest2000(m): 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
Mabizeka:
After slamming their heads countless times on the floor why won't they be suffering from different types of diseases

Ariwa youths making calls for your head

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by AM01: 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
Too bad
Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by YorubaLord: 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
Terrorists! angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by iambabaG: 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2021
Someone cannot be poor in peace in this country again.. The poor that have been exploited MUST be killed.
Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by nextstep(m): 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
Likely cholera... original water source is contaminated, and pure water manufacturer barely treat the water.

FG: provide potable water to all Nigerians. It's the least you can do. As a child we were singing in 1985 to Fela: "na 1990, dem go give us water"... this is 2021 and this is not sorted out yet? angry

And for those thinking "it's a northern thing"... I remember puking out my guts for 1 week due to sachet water I drank in Asaba in 2017. I decided I've gotten too old to be getting this sick, and so swore off sachet water... the money you think you're saving will be spent on medicine and drip when you get sick.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
Nafdac are now in charge of reporting, instead of regulating. I just taya angry angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by yeyeboi(m): 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by lugo99(m): 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
WizKid is a goat
Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by whisper88(m): 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
Mabizeka:
Highest na to kidnap me.
And na govt go pay the ransom, loot am back to themselves... angry

9 Likes

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by Charismatic107: 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
Mabizeka:
they are coming for you grin

1 Like

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by tillaman(m): 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
Urine mixed with blood ke, damn that’s really serious
I hope they get to the root of it though

1 Like

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by Emu4life(m): 9:53pm On Mar 15, 2021
Mabizeka:
Highest na to kidnap me.
YorubaLord:
Terrorists! angry angry angry
Apparently, these guys have duplexes in your heads. I like seeing 'illiterates' tormenting ndi Albert Einstein;cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by Beno3: 9:53pm On Mar 15, 2021
Even in portharcourt....
Sachet water these days are not well treated.
They just pump water and bag them.

5 Likes

Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by lugo99(m): 9:53pm On Mar 15, 2021
in late baba fela's quote.. water! e no get enemy.. omi OMA lota oo
Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by whisper88(m): 9:53pm On Mar 15, 2021
Charismatic107:
they are coming for you grin
In 3.. 2... 1...... grin
Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by Drsnives(m): 9:54pm On Mar 15, 2021
Chimo
Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by simi1(m): 9:54pm On Mar 15, 2021
notice no one wearing face mask in the picture
In other interesting news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCXNgDTTyvo
Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by Hamman1(m): 9:54pm On Mar 15, 2021
Damn it.....

omo problems no dey finish for this kontry
Re: Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized by faste: 9:54pm On Mar 15, 2021
Audio sample!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

African Journalists Decry Racist Monkeypox Reporting / ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals? / Top 10 Health Questions The World Googled In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.