Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Can He Withdraw Money From My Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can He Withdraw Money From My Account (358 Views)

How To Withdraw Money From Paypal To Nigeria Bank Account In 2021 / Get 1000 Naira For Just Signing Up And Withdraw Money Instantly / FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can He Withdraw Money From My Account by webhead: 8:53pm On Mar 15, 2021
abeg nairalanders I need your info.

some guy just contacted me now.

he said he's a customer care for my bank.

he asked me some questions and requested my account number.

he spoke as though he was legit and me-- being an idiot-- gave my account number to him

he then told me to copy another number down which he would send to me in a couple of minutes, before he cut the phone.

as soon as he cut the phone, I realize how stupid I was.

I just opened the account last week and some money is there.

please nairalanders i want to know if he will be able to withdraw money from my account with just my account number now or even in the future.

abeg save me from heart attack.
Re: Can He Withdraw Money From My Account by lilvicky68(m): 9:01pm On Mar 15, 2021
If it's only your account number he can't withdraw anything..
Re: Can He Withdraw Money From My Account by ojun50(m): 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2021
lilvicky68:
If it's only your account number he can't withdraw anything..
they decivie yr self

op first tin tomorrow go collect all the money inside if you no want yr heart to expoled .
Re: Can He Withdraw Money From My Account by lilvicky68(m): 9:10pm On Mar 15, 2021
ojun50:

they decivie yr self

op first tin tomorrow go collect all the money inside if you no want yr heart expoled .
Since he copied another number also and sent to the guy then your opinion is best.. but if it's only account number its nothing to worry about
Re: Can He Withdraw Money From My Account by CrEaToRmalden(m): 9:11pm On Mar 15, 2021
Permit me to address you by the deserving name, "Idiot".

Mr. Idiot, the fellow can't do a thing to your bank account using your bank account number, except moving illicit or illegal funds to it. If such happens, report to your bank ASAP.

When such funds are credited to your bank account, the scammer asks you to keep some percentage of it and cashout the leftover via ATM or move the equivalent in the Cryptocurrency value.

Automatically, you're an unconscious Money Mule, and you can't talk yourself out of trouble.

Also, he may use the number to attempt phishing you in the future or someone related to you to provide delicate info such as credit/debit card PIN, bank app logins (username and password).

How? He claims he's messaging from your bank, as he did earlier, and proves by reading out your account number to convince the hell out of you.

If you provided any info sent as SMS earlier, you might have given the crook a key to use some crack ware or app to access your bank account.
Re: Can He Withdraw Money From My Account by webhead: 9:13pm On Mar 15, 2021
lilvicky68:

Since he copied another number also and sent to the guy then your opinion is best.. but if it's only account number its nothing to worry about
I didn't copy any other number--- just my account no
Re: Can He Withdraw Money From My Account by webhead: 9:16pm On Mar 15, 2021
CrEaToRmalden:
Permit me to address you by the deserving name, "Idiot".

Mr. Idiot, the fellow can't do a thing to your bank account using your bank account number, except moving illicit or illegal funds to it. If such happens, report to your bank ASAP.

When such funds are credited to your bank account, the scammer asks you to keep some percentage of it and cashout the leftover via ATM or move the equivalent in the Cryptocurrency value.

Automatically, you're an unconscious Money Mule, and you can't talk yourself out of trouble.

Also, he may use the number to attempt phishing you in the future or someone related to you to provide delicate info such as credit/debit card PIN, bank app logins (username and password).

How? He claims he's messaging from your bank, as he did earlier, and proves by reading out your account number to convince the hell out of you.

If you provided any info sent as SMS earlier, you might have given the crook a key to use some crack ware or app to access your bank account.
Bro, thank you!

(1) (Reply)

House For Rent In Onitsha Anambra State / Whatsapp Monetization Secrets / Vandera New Website And Support Ticket Submission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.