Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,386 members, 7,800,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

"Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" (11394 Views)

Basic Advice For Job Seekers / Any Advice About Adron Homes And Properties Limited? / Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by Triangles1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 13, 2021
You're shy because you don't have money.
Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by Ikjosh04: 1:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
PeaceIlya:
Hi Guys!

"Do you have any advice for someone who is shy and uncomfortable when it comes to networking?"

Kindly share your advice in the comment section

Thank you

I'm actually shy though I prefer using Reserved.

When it comes to making friends with both sexes cause I think I'm weird(don't like talking too much) but when it comes to networking about my career or something that can make me move forward, I am always very hyper and I am doing really well in that aspect cause I have great mentors who are a blessing to me.

My advice is, when you've the full conviction you want to succeed and you know that success depends on your networking skills, the adrenaline will pop out from no where.

Just have that inner huge and conviction to Excel.

3 Likes

Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by Kessythegeek(m): 1:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
Lol ask the person this question: you found yourself in an unknown land and you're down with diarrhoea and you need to use the toilet badly —would you rather poo on your body or ask total strangers for help as regards letting you use their toilet?

Being shy is simply you thinking so highly of yourself — trust me no one cares. Just go for what you want it's either the person will be interested in you or not.

---------------------

Hello!

Whenever you see this
Here's a Free Voucher Code: APSTYLER
Use it to get 10% off all your orders on Jumia

You're welcome | Don't forget to also share.

1 Like

Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by Igwe29(m): 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
Julianaa:
Who else is here to read comments?

I'm here to read comments and pick one or two ideas from a topic that seems to affect someone like me.

1 Like

Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
KOKOHANDS:
If being shy creates discomfort the solution is to stop being shy to get comfortable.

And what can make a grown ass person shy if he/she is not involved in something that is socially and morally unacceptable by the generality of society?

She said "shy", not "Ashamed". They are two different things.
The bolded statement above best describes the latter ( Ashamed) and that is not what the Op is on about or meant in the context of her statement.

She's talking about her lack of confidence.

3 Likes

Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by NigPatriot(m): 1:39pm On Apr 13, 2021
INFP:
Read self help books. Start with "Subtle art of not giving a f***" by Mark Manson.

This is a very good book. If not one of the best books I read in 2018. The truth is, being shy is you worried about what actually might never happen.

1 Like

Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by Hayee(f): 1:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
wisestman:
The person should go and get this book asap. A little investment in reading will solve his big problem.

How to win friends and influence people

U can get a review on what that person will learn in this website

https://www.forbes.com/sites/francesbridges/2018/02/07/10-ways-to-make-people-like-you-from-how-to-make-friends-and-influence-people/?sh=8e2ad7d4bb45
Yes that book is really good it has been of great help to me, despite me being quite an introvert.
Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2021
lock up, networking is not for you, its not by force to network, there are lot of stupid and unreliable people out there today.
Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by Neictraema(f): 2:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
You will die someday. Get on with your dreams. Fear will take your dreams to the grave...

1 Like

Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by Hayee(f): 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
INFP:
Read self help books. Start with "Subtle art of not giving a f***" by Mark Manson.

Op, this is also a nice book

1 Like

Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by Benjaniblinks(m): 2:09pm On Apr 13, 2021
wman:

True.

"How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Napoleon Hill is the best book on the matter.

With it you can overcome your shyness, influence people and sell better to them.

You can get the ebook version from us for a token.
Napoleon Hill?? I thought Dale Carnegie wrote this book

6 Likes

Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by Ebube043: 2:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
Born2conquer:
Self discovery matters and don’t force yourself to do what you don’t like.

I don’t like to network and I don’t even force it , what i did was that i built myself to be a force people can reckon with, so instead of me going after people... they’re they one coming to me.

Build yourself
Bro please put me throug am willing to learn, Thanks
Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:48pm On Apr 13, 2021
Progressive desensitization...
Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by tundefolks: 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2021
Vacancy

Dispatch rider needed with 1 year working experience in Lagos Road

Receptionist needed with 1 year working experience OND or NCE is required

Commacial drivers needed with 1 year working experience in Lagos road

Call or what app on 07061550772

Location Oshodi Lagos
Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by KushLyon(m): 3:30pm On Apr 13, 2021
wman:

True.

"How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Napoleon Hill is the best book on the matter.

With it you can overcome your shyness, influence people and sell better to them.

No be only Napoleon Hill, na Winston Churchill too
Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by stevinmayowa1(m): 3:36pm On Apr 13, 2021
In the real sense of it, most of the shy people have low self esteem. Such fellow need to believe in himself and try to associate with networkers as well. And don't forget, networking will make you loose your social value and respect temporarily grin grin grin shocked

1 Like

Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by Laidebrain(m): 3:49pm On Apr 13, 2021
Ishilove:
Shy... Once upon a time...

The only way to beat shyness is to interact. It worked for me

I can't swim, your advise is to jump in the ocean... does that make sense
Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by premiumdomains: 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2021
wman:

True.

By Dale Carnegie you mean?

3 Likes

Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by Raskass: 4:53pm On Apr 13, 2021
Stay shy
Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by Adexy4us(m): 5:14pm On Apr 13, 2021
You have to be angry with poverty , then will you stop to be shy . ..
Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by kriss27(m): 6:16pm On Apr 13, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
You better desist from the disease called shyness, if you want to make it in life put shyness aside, some of the billionaires you see today, assuming they were shy they wouldn't have gotten to where they are today, shyness wouldn't take you anywhere, so work on yourself from today, good luck!
Honestly shyness has deprived me of many things. Even with my talent, I am always procrastinating waiting for the right time that might never come! Can’t even talk to girls. God help me, I need to move out of my comfort zone

2 Likes

Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by PeaceIlya: 6:17pm On Apr 13, 2021
Triangles1:
You're shy because you don't have money.
Check my signature and thank me later

1 Like

Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by kriss27(m): 6:17pm On Apr 13, 2021
Mindlog:
Networking is not optional if you want to expand in life, it is a MUST.
Word
Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by kriss27(m): 6:19pm On Apr 13, 2021
Born2conquer:
Self discovery matters and don’t force yourself to do what you don’t like.

I don’t like to network and I don’t even force it , what i did was that i built myself to be a force people can reckon with, so instead of me going after people... they’re they one coming to me.

Build yourself
Explain further please. I am musical artist I am always shy to make bold steps and it’s affecting badly. How can I build myself to make people come to me
Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by MikeofKd(m): 6:38pm On Apr 13, 2021
Ogbeni op if you are in lagos go obalende side for island make u buy burukutu for all those alayes wey dey for there ,those guys are extreme extroverts with bloody self confidence perhaps u could learn a lot from them

D thing bout shyness is u always judging urself and asking urself too much damn u questions like ,if I say this what would they think of me or if I say that will they judge me ,yeah they would judge me, all these voices in ya head needs to gerrifu*kout ,stop judging urself and stop answering those voices in ya head .

Just be good with words ,know what to say and when to say it ,you don't have to say 1 million words u could be brief but very precise and catch cruise also life's too short my nigga wink

4 Likes

Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by Born2conquer: 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
kriss27:
Explain further please. I am musical artist I am always shy to make bold steps and it’s affecting badly. How can I build myself to make people come to me
As a music artists, focus on your music and be exceptionally good, your talent will do the talking.

Instead of you walking up to people to introduce themselves to you, they will be the one coming to you and doing “hey, i love what you did with that”

1 Like

Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by fredwill1357(m): 7:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
PeaceIlya:
Hi Guys!

"Do you have any advice for someone who is shy and uncomfortable when it comes to networking?"

Kindly share your advice in the comment section

Thank you
If you are interested in a private online tutor on human behavior and interaction, sociology and psychology. Tips and practice that can help you overcome shyness and social anxiety you can contact me.

3 Likes

Re: "Do You Have Any Advice For Someone Who Is Shy And Uncomfortable" by kriss27(m): 7:42pm On Apr 13, 2021
Born2conquer:

As a music artists, focus on your music and be exceptionally good, your talent will do the talking.

Instead of you walking up to people to introduce themselves to you, they will be the one coming to you and doing “hey, i love what you did with that”
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Etisalat Recruitment / How To Apply For Vitafoam Nigeria Management Trainee Program 2018 / Should A School Owner Withhold Staff Salary For Not Updating Lesson Notes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.