Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,789 members, 7,798,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Dis Rebranding "debranding" Sef - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dis Rebranding "debranding" Sef (497 Views)

Rebranding PDP, Waste Of Time – Gulak / Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding / Rebranding The First Lady - Dame Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dis Rebranding "debranding" Sef by freepeople: 7:21am On Apr 14, 2011
Just a yr ago, my friend(Marshal) made an assertion that Prof. Dora is a power-thirsty woman. I argued fervently against his assertion. He drove home his point by giving me 4 valid reason why it is so.

I must confess that I was completely taken by surprise by Prof. Dora's ferocity in this election. She has since switched to hyper-propaganda-minister's mode. She is way ahead when it comes to information war. She's worth every bit of her onions. No wonder PDP decided to make her their information "propaganda" minister. Probably they've discovered this quality of her earlier. Prof. Dora, being a female and a weaker sex is trying to play victim. We all know that she is in fact the aggressor.

Who did she point her gun @ this time, (guess), Ngige ofcourse, and a debutant, Mr Alex Anene(the Anambra Central Returning Officer "RO"wink. She has been launching barrage of attacks on the noble man. Hoping to dismantle his character. His crime? Doing a noble thing. Leaving the message and attacking the messenger. Just typical of APGA's ever ready well-oiled smear machine. APGA, Peter Obi & Dora have not disproven any of the RO's claim. Instead they've launched a barrage of counter-accusation which is mostly personal attack at RO. Her accusations are more or less like throwing many mud at a slippery wall and hoping that one sticks. Her accusations are non-specific, preposterous and laughable(dis rebrander "debrander" sef).

I have every reason to believe the RO's serious allegation. If it were made up, Peter Obi and APGA would have slammed a multi-million Naira slander suit on INEC. But they want their face to be saved from more embarrassment. Thereby, they switched to plan B, "fighting information with misinformation".

Let's review the pattern of Ngige and Dora's allegation,

Ngige,

1. Ballot stuffing, Anaocha
2. Violence and intimidation, Agulu and Anaocha
3. Result mutilation, Njikoka
4. Collusion with the Presiding Officer to cancel election, Umunnachi

Dora,

1. Ballot stuffing, ?location
2. Violence and intimidation, ?location
3. Collusion with the RO, ?evidence
4. Bribery, ?evidence.

We all know that Prof Dora has all the clout to do whatever she wants and get away with it, while Ngige has none. Secondly, will Peter Obi sit idly and watch Ngige rig election in his senatorial district(o di kwa egwu).

I advise our dear Prof to stop crying wolf. Please lie low and avoid publicity for sometimes(Just like Andy Uba did!). Continuous publicity will irreparably damage your credibility. Lying low helps to remake a battered image.

The Resident Electoral Commissioner(REC), Prof. Onukogu is an embarrassment to INEC. He does not know his function. He has no power to replace the RO in the middle of an election OR annul an election in a district OR pronounce the result of a RO illegal without RO's endorsement. Just as UEFA has no power to replace a referee in the middle of a football match or overturn his decision after the match. The options left for Prof. Dora is to request for a recount or to appeal(just like that of Ekiti State). But she has not asked for a recount and she's yet to make up her mind on appealing(she refuses to have a taste of their own medicine). She only wants INEC to engage in illegal act of annulling an election duly certified by the returning officer.

They are holding on to the far-fetched pretext of cancellation of election in some areas. While the RO declared that he did not authorize the cancellation of any election. Validating his claim by showing the EC8 form to the media which is devoid of his signature. The only thing the INEC will do to the RO is to prosecute him if he is found culpable after investigation.

APGA chairman(Victor Umeh) calls for Ngige's arrest. His crime? Claiming the mandate clearly given to him by his people. I can't imagine myself living in a state where APGA is in control of the police and the military.

The REC, Prof. Onukogu should wake to the real world and accept the fact that his preferred candidate lost. He should stop foot-dragging and issue Ngige with his certificate as soon as possible.
Re: Dis Rebranding "debranding" Sef by onyengbu: 7:42am On Apr 14, 2011
Much as i dont like Dora's role in all this, people should know that the real force behind all this show of shame is our saintly peter obi.

The man is a gangster of highest order.

(1) (Reply)

Ibori Finally Extradited To Uk / Farida Waziri: A Convict Is A Convict, Doesn't Matter How Long The Sentence. / Gunmen Kill Traditional Ruler In Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.