Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? (29789 Views)

Is Olamide’s UY SCUTI Worth the Hype ? Album Review By Iamsynord / Is Wizkid's 'Made In Lagos' Album Worth The Hype? (A Review By Iamsynord) / Grammy Awards: Billie Eilish Sweeps Five Awards, Sets New Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by sammysmiles(m): 9:01pm On Mar 16, 2021
joshjc:
imagine Megan the stallion winning the Grammy for singing trash, while legends like snoop have not won any,or billie ellish wining the Grammy, the weekend had a nice album but was not nominated
How can you say Billie Eilish is singing rubbish?

1 Like

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by SaintBeehot(m): 9:04pm On Mar 16, 2021
GreatResearcher:
Do the hype it like this Grammy? Nigga I don't watch football so I wouldn't know.
you're a pained fool, I've always respected you. So now that Nigerians won it, it's not worth the the hype fool!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by jaxxy(m): 9:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
jimmychang:

Guy stop trying to downplay someone's achievements it is a sign of immaturity...even Nas didn't reject his Grammy after too much talk

Jcole didn't reject his even after he fired shots at the Grammy committee...abeg make Una dead this talk

I think the problem is that you people can't just digest the fact that Burna boy won a Grammy by himself grin

Diddy single handedly won burna the Grammy im surprised he didn’t give him recognition on African giant win. Diddy might take him as an ingrate. undecided

Now u open ur mouth and say he won it by himself. undecided
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Richieniit: 9:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
GreatResearcher:
I was expecting Nas to be all over the media celebrating this Grammy but he never did. That is to say that Grammy does not defined them or their crafts.

Quiet... nas talks abt his grammies in most of his rap verse n tracks.
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Toks2008(m): 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2021
Grammy or no Grammy, Davido over Wizzy and Burna boy combined.

1 Like

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by GreatResearcher: 9:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
Richieniit:

Quiet... nas talks abt his grammies in most of his rap verse n tracks.
Almost every rapper talks about the grammys but they still don't give a Bleep about it. Why has he not hype it now that he has won?
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by gnykelly(m): 9:15pm On Mar 16, 2021
GreatResearcher:
A lot of artists sing better songs and never won any Grammy and some artists sing total crap and the pack home Grammy.

you are a pessimist. think deeply about this. the article reflect who you are than what you wrote about.
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by mulero23: 9:19pm On Mar 16, 2021
Yes, the entertainment industry is huge to the world economy.
GreatResearcher:
Award means a prize or other mark of recognition given in honour of an achievement.

Why the hype on Grammy Awards?

The way we Africans see and do things always got me puzzled.
We see Grammy Award as god. I'm not in anyway hating those who won. But how me celebrate this Grammy is what I don't understand.

In America. Most American acts don't see Grammy as anything.
I remember one rapper who was given a Grammy Award and he rejected it.

Last year an American rapper pee on a Grammy Award (something most Africans see as god)
Few hours ago another American rapper took to his Twitter to write F88k Grammys.

These people a different way of reasoning I don't know if it's because of their environment because environment can't influence one's reasoning.

Winning Grammy does not make you bigger or better than others.
Not winning Grammy does not mean your crafts are useless.

I know over 10 American rappers who never won a Grammy but you can't talk about Hip Pop and you don't mention their names.

Imagine someone like Nas just won his first Grammy after how many years in the industry? He never made it a big deal.

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Truthabulabula(m): 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2021
Beyonce. I need a lady like that.

1 Like

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Emilokoiyawon: 9:30pm On Mar 16, 2021
If Fela, Bob Marley, Lucky Dubey, 2baba and 9ice no win Grammy then you know say grammy na fake award.
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Len234: 9:30pm On Mar 16, 2021
The Grammy award is the foremost American music award. It is considered a world award because Americans control the world's media. But for it to be more accepted globally and not seen as American ward. It has to incorporate all genres of music from Afrobeats, to Asian, and carribean. Mind you there are awards for Latin and Mexican music in the Grammys. No country has the spending power than America in terms of music but China has more in terms of economy(ppp). So for the Grammys to truly be a world music award, it has to incorporate all the whole world. There as aspects of its music like rock, metal that is nof popular in other parts of the world. Although it's rap, pop, rnb, soul, funk are killers. You cannot expect afropop(beats) to compete with such musical hegemony. Burna Boy winning it is an achievement and a result of tweaking his category from world global album to international music album. Thus giving a leeway for perceived lesser genres of music to be recognized. Like Naomi Campbell stated, there should at least be an Afrobeats category for best song, collaboration, album like the rest.

3 Likes

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by KingLennon(m): 9:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
GreatResearcher:
I was expecting Nas to be all over the media celebrating this Grammy but he never did. That is to say that Grammy does not defined them or their crafts.

Nas won the Grammy Award for this first time in his life after many years in the industry and he is still yet to post or talk about it on his SM

Nas is a veteran, you don't expect him to make a fuss about it. But that doesn't mean he isn't happy to win a Grammy...
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by lugo99(m): 9:34pm On Mar 16, 2021
go ask messi & Ronaldo how balon d'or or world best award be??
Grammy is like balon d'or of music..

WizKid is a goat..

2 Likes

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by jimmychang: 9:34pm On Mar 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

If burna boy wasn't sign to his record label, do you think the international music scene will know him.

Burna boy won his grammy with the help of his record label.

They are the one spending money and pulling the strings not him.

Baba calm down ...even the artistes that Grammy snubbed weren't they signed into a record label too abi the record label no like them
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by henrixx(m): 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2021
since when I found out notorious b.i.g never won a grammy, i stopped rating it.

1 Like

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Sameercarter(m): 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2021
Grizzly20:

Abeg stop saying Wizkid won a Grammy award. The award no dey hin house. He's only just enjoying the privilege of someone who featured him.
you’re a fuu.
Pained Davido fan

Wiz is getting the trophy too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Franklinshaddy(m): 9:36pm On Mar 16, 2021
This one no well ohh well I guess you av never receive and award in your life even in School that's why you don't know the worth
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Sameercarter(m): 9:37pm On Mar 16, 2021
henrixx:
since when I saw notorious b.i.g never won a grammy, i stopped rating it.
bros Grammy nomination na achievement on in own.
Y’all bad belles
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by 4lorunsho(m): 9:37pm On Mar 16, 2021
Lil Wayne that spoke of grammy awards been a f**k ? Is just trying to be haired ..... About 7 years or there about, when he won 6 grammy in one sitting. He was glad and happy.

As a Cinematographer and video editor I would be glad if I get recognized as a Grammy winner in a movie, because it gives me more colloborations and money in bank

2 Likes

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by jimmychang: 9:37pm On Mar 16, 2021
jaxxy:

Diddy single handedly won burna the Grammy im surprised he didn’t give him recognition on African giant win. Diddy might take him as an ingrate. undecided

Now u open ur mouth and say he won it by himself. :-z\

Make your fav do am of e say grin grin....let your fav buy Grammy if e fit ....trash talks
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Superpower(m): 9:39pm On Mar 16, 2021
GreatResearcher:
Almost every rapper talks about the grammys but they still don't give a Bleep about it. Why has he not hype it now that he has won?
If they don't care why do they always complain when they don't win.
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Sameercarter(m): 9:39pm On Mar 16, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:
If Fela, Bob Marley, Lucky Dubey, 2baba and 9ice no win Grammy then you know say grammy na fake award.
I laff you.
They wish they won it too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by jimmychang: 9:40pm On Mar 16, 2021
henrixx:
since when I found out notorious b.i.g never won a grammy, i stopped rating it.

Since I found out ibrahimovic never won Balon dor I stopped rating it ...

1 Like

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Yankee101: 9:43pm On Mar 16, 2021
Absolutely not

It's now more politics and less talent
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by jimmychang: 9:43pm On Mar 16, 2021
SaintBeehot:
you're a pained fool, I've always respected you. So now that Nigerians won it, it's not worth the the hype fool!!!!

He is just pained my dear ....don't worry he will soon digest it

2 Likes

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Pochettino(f): 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2021
GreatResearcher:
Does the Grammy Award is what a typed. Grammy Award is a proper noun and a single Award hence the "Does".

Your response just confirmed you as a stark illiterate posing as a researcher.
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by jimmychang: 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2021
jaxxy:

Now u open ur mouth and say he won it by himself. undecided

Yes he did ...where is your evidence duddy won him a Grammy grin grin...shey you dey among the organisers
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by WoundedLamb: 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2021
GreatResearcher:
I'm the OP.
PS I don't watch football.

Sorry for the assumption but you get my point nevertheless: let people be into whatever that pleases them. In each country, there are people who worship the Grammy awards and people who couldn't care less. Even those that don't care have something else that commands their attention, local or international. I don't expect Americans to react like Nigerians when an American wins any Grammy cause it has always been the case; the majority of the winners and nominees are from there, and therefore the fan base is already extremely divided. But the specific fans of of the winning artists still get excited about it. If most of the artists were Nigerians, I'm sure most people wouldn't be as excited.

We can't pretend as if we don't know the western media have been the mainstream media for long, it's not a bad thing if Africa penetrates them.
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by vibre: 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2021
It's not worth the hype
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:54pm On Mar 16, 2021
It worth the hype my dear
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by slicksly11(m): 9:54pm On Mar 16, 2021
E pain u. Soon u will say winning the world cup is no big deal.

1 Like

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by joshjc(m): 10:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
sammysmiles:
How can you say Billie Eilish is singing rubbish?
it's my own opinion,we all have our own different options

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Classic 50 Songs": 9ice Releases 50 Track Album / A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers / The Word SHOKI Its Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.