Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,077 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Free Christian Books To Nourish Your Soul - Drop Your Whatsapp Number Here - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Free Christian Books To Nourish Your Soul - Drop Your Whatsapp Number Here (1391 Views)

Join The Fastest Growing Free Christian Telegram Group Chat / For Free Christian Books Open Here / For Free Christian Books Open Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Christian Books To Nourish Your Soul - Drop Your Whatsapp Number Here by bid4rich(m): 6:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Possessing me,yes!

And He is telling you that reading another man of God on the message given to them by God is entirely not correct?
Re: Free Christian Books To Nourish Your Soul - Drop Your Whatsapp Number Here by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Mar 25, 2021
bid4rich:
And He is telling you that reading another man of God on the message given to them by God is entirely not correct?
He told you too this 2000 years ago...

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted

He told you to stay away from the leaven of the Pharisees, men who claim to be teachers of the law, but are instead there to teach their own ideas in His name when all He commanded them to do is teach exactly that which He, Jesus Christ, taught(documented in the 4 gospels).
Re: Free Christian Books To Nourish Your Soul - Drop Your Whatsapp Number Here by bid4rich(m): 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
He told you too this 2000 years ago...
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted

He told you to stay away from the leaven of the Pharisees, men who claim to be teachers of the law, but are instead there to teach their own ideas in His name when all He commanded them to do is teach exactly that which He, Jesus Christ, taught(documented in the 4 gospels).

You are yet to answer my question. Are you saying that all preachers are liar?

Yes or No?
Re: Free Christian Books To Nourish Your Soul - Drop Your Whatsapp Number Here by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
bid4rich:
You are yet to answer my question. Are you saying that all preachers are liar?
Yes or No?
YES! According to Jesus Christ, every preacher who teaches anything different from exactly that which He taught them is a liar, and Jesus Christ told you this 2000 years ago! undecided
Now it is your turn to answer... Did Jesus Christ lie? undecided
Is God a liar? undecided
Re: Free Christian Books To Nourish Your Soul - Drop Your Whatsapp Number Here by CodeTemplar: 10:40pm On Mar 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Any teaching that deviates from the very teachings of Jesus Christ, even a smidge, does not nourish but deprive your very soul of the power that is the Word of God, Jesus Christ. undecided
So rather than reading all these books that claim to be Christian, when they are instead filled with doctrines, ideas and rules of men, all of what Jesus Christ warned are instead lies designed to make void God's power in the lives of those who read them, read instead the teachings of Jesus Christ is documented in the 4 Gospels for all those who follow Him .
Keep shut. And it your useless doctrine here that nourishes.
Re: Free Christian Books To Nourish Your Soul - Drop Your Whatsapp Number Here by inereunwa1(m): 8:32am On Mar 26, 2021
bid4rich:

You will be added for sure
thanks
Re: Free Christian Books To Nourish Your Soul - Drop Your Whatsapp Number Here by bid4rich(m): 9:47am On Mar 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
YES! According to Jesus Christ, every preacher who teaches anything different from exactly that which He taught them is a liar, and Jesus Christ told you this 2000 years ago! undecided
Now it is your turn to answer... Did Jesus Christ lie? undecided
Is God a liar
? undecided

You are the one that is making Jesus or God a liar.

Let me ask you this?

Did Paul call himself to preach? but Paul preached and even use himself as an example. 1 Corinthians 11:1
Did Peter and other Apostle call themselves to preach?

If you say all preachers are liar then you are calling God that called them into ministry a liar.

Please NOTE for purpose of emphasis, anyone that is called of God is sanctified by God to preach Jesus through any means, and most times God always qualified the unqualified in order to confuse people like you.
Re: Free Christian Books To Nourish Your Soul - Drop Your Whatsapp Number Here by Kobojunkie: 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2021
bid4rich:

You are the one that is making Jesus or God a liar.

Let me ask you this?

Did Paul call himself to preach? but Paul preached and even use himself as an example. 1 Corinthians 11:1
Did Peter and other Apostle call themselves to preach?

If you say all preachers are liar then you are calling God that called them into ministry a liar.

Please NOTE for purpose of emphasis, anyone that is called of God is sanctified by God to preach Jesus through any means, and most times God always qualified the unqualified in order to confuse people like you.
Paul himself told you, let God be true and man be a liar.."...John the apostle told you that you should listen only to the Spirit of God because He is the only teacher you need.Peter warned you to beware of false preachers and prophets who will come to you in the name of God but all they come for is to make money and gain power from you in the process.

Jesus Christ called all His followers to teach only that which He taught to them. Jesus Himself declared any other remix of His gospel teachings a lie, and commanded His followers against preaching the doctrines and traditions of men in the place of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God which He taught to them.

I have read 10s of so-called Christian books, many of them pretending to "explain" Jesus away in their teachings by way of the opinions and so-called experiences of the writers and you know what I learnt when I finally came to God myself. Those writers, many of them famous MoGs too, were exactly what Jesus Christ described as liars...they know Him not. Because if they did, they would not tell the lies they do in their books deceiving 10s of millions with their lies. They would not misrepresent the Word of God by injecting their opinions as ideas into His teachings. They would not seek to nullify the power of God in the lives of people by way of their doctrines and commandments many of which they call principles, pretending themselves God and adding to the list of commandments God already gave His people.
Re: Free Christian Books To Nourish Your Soul - Drop Your Whatsapp Number Here by bid4rich(m): 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Paul himself told you, let God be true and man be a liar.."...John the apostle told you that you should listen only to the Spirit of God because He is the only teacher you need.[b]Peter [/b]warned you to beware of false preachers and prophets who will come to you in the name of God but all they come for is to make money and gain power from you in the process.

Jesus Christ called all His followers to teach only that which He taught to them. Jesus Himself declared any other remix of His gospel teachings a lie, and commanded His followers against preaching the doctrines and traditions of men in the place of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God which He taught to them.

I have read 10s of so-called Christian books, many of them pretending to "explain" Jesus away in their teachings by way of the opinions and so-called experiences of the writers and you know what I learnt when I finally came to God myself. Those writers, many of them famous MoGs too, were exactly what Jesus Christ described as liars...they know Him not. Because if they did, they would not tell the lies they do in their books deceiving 10s of millions with their lies. They would not misrepresent the Word of God by injecting their opinions as ideas into His teachings. They would not seek to nullify the power of God in the lives of people by way of their doctrines and commandments many of which they call principles, pretending themselves God and adding to the list of commandments God already gave His people.

I thought you said all preachers are liars? Why are you mentioning Paul, John and Peter and their writings. See, there is nothing you can do against the truth but for the truth. Paul through the Spirit of God said in 1 Corinthians 10:12 "Therefore let anyone who thinks he stands [who feels sure that he has a steadfast mind and is standing firm], take heed lest he fall [into sin]" You dont need to lie, steal, fornicate or lust to sin. Sin can take many forms.

You said you have read 10s of so-called Christian books - well, you may have read 10s but I can tell you categorically that you read those books putting your religious eyeglasses on or perhaps you read the wrong people (books). Its not all books that edified (I agree). I've read a quite few in numbers and I can tell which is which but that does not give me the audacity to generalise or say I will not read anyone again. I am a product and beneficiary of books with established scriptural backings to go with.

If you will just be humble enough to stoop down to learn. Sometimes, what you read in the Bible are letters but the Bible said in 2 Corinthians 3:6 for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.. Thats why Paul prayed a prayer in Ephesians 1:18 that "The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of his calling....................."

Dear brother, dont allow yourself to be blindfolded that you can get all the revelation by yourself. You need to be a partaker of the grace that God has bestow upon other people so that their grace can rub on you for good.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslims And Jihad / Religious Ethics And My Situation / Baby 'starved To Death By Religious Cult Leaders For Failing To Say "amen"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.