Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,775 members, 7,802,381 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Will You Pay ₦8.2 Billion For This "New York" License Plate? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Will You Pay ₦8.2 Billion For This "New York" License Plate? (1138 Views)

Someone Just Paid ₦17.5 Billion For This 56 Year-old Ferrari 250 GTO / These 4 Expensive Cars Abandoned On Nigeria Roads Cost 1.2 Billion Naira / Cost Of Acquiring Abuja License Plate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Pay ₦8.2 Billion For This "New York" License Plate? by Dorabolaji: 3:02pm On Mar 17, 2021
You cannot begin to imagine how much some people are willing to offer to get their hands on a very rare vanity plate. Notwithstanding, we are very much curious if anyone is ready to splurge as much as $20 million on a vanity plate from New York. We won't be utterly shocked if someone actually buys it for their collection.

Just recently, a private seller went on DuPont Registry to post their 90s Volvo V70 with a very high asking price. The sale actually isn't about the vehicle but the fact that it will come with a “New York” vanity plate, which you can transfer to any vehicle in your garage.

From what we learnt, the license plate has been with the family of the seller since the 1970s, moving from car to car. The buyer was smart enough to get this license plate off the state as soon as possible.

The first state to request for license plates on vehicles was New York, which started from 1901. Despite this, the state only began giving out vanity plates from 1977. What you could only do before this time was to get a special plate with a maximum of 3 letters and 3 numbers.

In the year when New York started giving out vanity plates, only 6 letters were offered. Not until 1978, where this limitation was removed and people could begin to get up to 8 letters on their plates.

This is of course the only “New York’ vanity plate you can use in the country without having the need to look over your shoulder every time for the law enforcement agents. It is also the only one in existence and this is the first time the owner is willing to sell it off outside the family. Well, the seller is willing to pay for the transfer fees.

Link: https://roadniche.com/will-you-pay-20-million-for-this-new-york-vanity-plate/

Re: Will You Pay ₦8.2 Billion For This "New York" License Plate? by Mixedfruit: 3:04pm On Mar 17, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr Too bad....
Re: Will You Pay ₦8.2 Billion For This "New York" License Plate? by ikllbrokehoes(m): 3:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
No way
Re: Will You Pay ₦8.2 Billion For This "New York" License Plate? by illicit(m): 3:26pm On Mar 17, 2021
It is vanity upon vanity....
Re: Will You Pay ₦8.2 Billion For This "New York" License Plate? by PAWG(m): 9:32pm On Mar 17, 2021
I won’t even pay that amount for the car. Am I mad?
Re: Will You Pay ₦8.2 Billion For This "New York" License Plate? by drunkpunk(m): 2:24pm On Mar 20, 2021
You say?

Re: Will You Pay ₦8.2 Billion For This "New York" License Plate? by gaussian(m): 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2021
I really love those number plates ���, I will most definitely pay more than that to get my hands on it, the value will appreciate in 10 years time..... quote me
Re: Will You Pay ₦8.2 Billion For This "New York" License Plate? by cluewebhost(m): 6:00pm On Mar 20, 2021
Nigerian money and US money aren't the same.
Re: Will You Pay ₦8.2 Billion For This "New York" License Plate? by PAQ(m): 11:51pm On Mar 22, 2021
In Nigeria here i wouldnt buy it for N1K! But if i where in the USA, and i can afford it, i definitely will. Whites attach alot of value to antiques.

In 20yrs from now, if well preserved that licence plate will be worth alot more, and getting a buyer over there will not be hard.

(1) (Reply)

Help Diagnose An Engine That Wont Start At Once / .. / Advice On Maintenance Of Ford Escape 2004

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.