Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account (28131 Views)

Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? / Julius Eze Returns ₦2.5 Million Mistakenly Transferred To His Account / Man Mistakenly Transferred N1 Million To Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Lexusgs430: 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:
I made a transfer to a man whom I buy bulk knitting wool from, but he told me that the account have been frozen and he doesnt have any plan to go and unfreeze it cause he have gone to the bank four times they didn't unfreeze it.
Is there any way I could get my money back? cause the man have already told me that my money is gone, cause there is nothing he can do.
And the money isn't even mine, I am just a middleman for people who want to buy wool in large quantities.
Pls nairalanders is there a way I can get my money back??

The exact reason you confirm receiving account, the second you want to make payments........

My pipu go call am like this........

Òlèlè to bá wọnú ẹ̀kọ́, kólé jáde mo......... cheesy
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by BlueSparks: 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:
I made a transfer to a man whom I buy bulk knitting wool from, but he told me that the account have been frozen and he doesnt have any plan to go and unfreeze it cause he have gone to the bank four times they didn't unfreeze it.
Is there any way I could get my money back? cause the man have already told me that my money is gone, cause there is nothing he can do.
And the money isn't even mine, I am just a middleman for people who want to buy wool in large quantities.

It won't take more than some hours

Force him to go to the bank. When he knew it was frozen why did he send you the account details

Have him arrested so he will forcefully supply the goods or do the needful
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by FOREX4free(m): 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
This is serious
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Weedhustler: 12:06pm On Mar 21, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
Who gave you the account number? Is it an account number your already had or it resulted from typing error,

send mail to CBN, copy his bank, copy your bank and probably IGP too

Also visit his bank and your bank to ask for way forward

Talk is cheap!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Simplyleo: 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Lexusgs430: 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
BlueSparks:

It won't take more than some hours

Force him to go to the bank. When he knew it was frozen why did he send you the account details

Have him arrested so he will forcefully supply the goods or do the needful

I doubt he sent the details, OP just used the account, based on historic transactions.............

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
Did you inform him before transferring the money?
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by badoh(m): 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Be prepared to obtain a court order to reverse such fund. Take the court order to your Bank while your Bank will take it up from there.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by ShaqFu: 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
These commercial banks should be charged for fraud also. Their excesses is way too much. Like how can someone transfer money for an account that is frozen?

If they the commercial banks freeze an account, it should simply mean no transfer into the account can be made, same way no withdrawal can be made in an account that is frozen.

Sometimes I marvel at the onesidedNess these banks perform.

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by lanre377: 12:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
Go and get a court order for fund reversal.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by MrIcredible: 12:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:
This is ridiculous !
Your story is ridiculous and incomplete...
Who asked you to transfer money to that account?

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Lexusgs430: 12:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
Catfishing:
Believe op at ur peril....he is a serial troll

moreover, your bank would've refunded u ur money....because no transfer can be sent to a frozen acct.

Therefore, op is a bloody liar seeking for attention

Some accounts are frozen only way one...... Nil post debit
transactions.........

Credits, can still enter.......... Like goat wey enter lion room.......... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Resurrection212: 12:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
Oga there's nothing like court order for the bank again.
Mmgboji:
Get a lawyer to obtain a court order on your behalf. And the money will be reversed to you.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by lanre377: 12:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
Or get ur bank to do fund recall to the beneficiary bank
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Teejay13(m): 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:

How could you transfer money to a bank account without verifying from the account holder if the account belongs to him?

Ordinarily, that was so wrong of you!

My suggestion is for you to have a discussion with the owner of the said bank account, if there is a way he could re activate the account back and help you get back your money. Even if it means you compensating him for his effort.

Otherwise, I don't think there is actually another way out of such event.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by mooojy: 12:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
ShaqFu:
These commercial banks should be charged for fraud also. Their excesses is way too much. Like how can someone transfer money for an account that is frozen?

If they the commercial banks freeze an account, it should simply mean no transfer into the account can be made, same way no withdrawal can be made in an account that is frozen.

Sometimes I marvel at the onesidedNess these banks perform.
You have said it all. They are nothing more than cheats. Money can easily be transferred to a frozen account but can't be withdrawn.
The only thing needed by the OP is court order.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by mooojy: 12:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:18pm On Mar 21, 2021
The owner of the frozen account is the only one who can get your money for you.

Without him, his bank and your bank won't solve the problem for you.

Pls find a way to get the man into action to unfreeze the account.

Thanx.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by FirstCounsel(m): 12:18pm On Mar 21, 2021
dobiakor:
A simple court order will compel the bank to unfreeze the account and reverse it to it.

Simply get a lawyer, tell him you u did a wrong transfer to the man, provide an alternative account number claiming that he is the person you wished to transfer to.

It will be treated as a wrong transfer and you get ur reversal within 5days of a confirmed order.
This is the best and most logical advice here. Thumbs up

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by emperorsversion(m): 12:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
happened to me , mailed the bank, copied CBN and did all these chappy suggestions here but to no avail. it's been 2 years now. OP, I hate to say this. but your money don enter one chance.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Babaibeji2020(m): 12:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
Mmgboji:
Get a lawyer to obtain a court order on your behalf. And the money will be reversed to you.
Lawyers don't enforce court orders!
Lawyer writes a petition to the Police against the frozen account holder. Police makes a court order demanding the Mandate, KYC & BVN of the frozen account holder. The KYC contains the photo & residential address of frozen account holder. With the BVN available, letter will be sent again by the Police demanding why account was frozen(was it used to receive ransom or proceeds of crime/fraud e.g Yahoo wires). On receipt of letter details why account was frozen, CBN is notified & money will be reversed after owner of money has summited an affidavit from a court of transfer to a wrong account!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Restroom: 12:21pm On Mar 21, 2021
I don't believe this story......
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by gulfer: 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
Should a frozen account even receive money If an account is frozen, that means virtually all inbound and outbound transactions are blocked angry angry angry
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by iboboyswag(m): 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
dominique:

Was he aware you were going to transfer the money or you transferred it without his knowledge? Ordinarily the bank ought to reverse the transaction since the account is frozen, it makes no sense leaving such account open to receive money. You should go to your bank and make a complaint.

Wrong....

A debit freeze would only stop a debit transaction from the account not a credit.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by zoedew: 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
See a Lawyer.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Jaskulaini432: 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
Hi OP, please I am also a big time distributor of all brands of knitting wool which include but not limited to: yeye, lele, babylamb, giraffe, braziwool, and baby wool. Please patronize me and you can rest assured that you're getting the best prices from us.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by iboboyswag(m): 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
Babaibeji2020:

Lawyers don't enforce court orders!
Lawyer writes a petition to the Police against the frozen account holder. Police makes a court order demanding the Mandate, KYC & BVN of the frozen account holder. The KYC contains the photo & residential address of frozen account holder. With the BVN available, letter will be sent again by the Police demanding why account was frozen(was it used to receive ransom or proceeds of crime/fraud e.g Yahoo wires). On receipt of letter details why account was frozen, CBN is notified & money will be reversed after owner of money has summited an affidavit from a court of transfer to a wrong account!

Op... This is your solution here.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by samwillyco1(m): 12:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:
I already went to his bank, the account have been really frozen, I stay in bauchi and he stays in kano(I have never seen him b4)
I got his account no from a friend whom introduced me to the business(4yrs ago), him to have never seen the man b4(he got it from a friend who is late now).

It is easy though you will spend time and money, this is what to do write to your bank about the transfer and get a police report and affidavit mandating them to retrieve your money back without the consent of the account owner.
N/B don't tell them that the account is frozen, just tell them that you made the transfer to wrong account number.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
dominique:

Was he aware you were going to transfer the money or you transferred it without his knowledge? Ordinarily the bank ought to reverse the transaction since the account is frozen, it makes no sense leaving such account open to receive money. You should go to your bank and make a complaint.
you refused to push my topic to fp ba
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Ezechimma(m): 12:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
Get a court order
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by tellwisdom: 12:30pm On Mar 21, 2021
Give me 5million and I will help you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

El-Rufai Launches $100 Million Afri-Venture Capital Company / Lake Rice Sold At N12,000 Per Bag In Lagos (Photos) / How To Produce Body Spray And Perfume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.