Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:03 PM

I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account (27972 Views)

Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? / Julius Eze Returns ₦2.5 Million Mistakenly Transferred To His Account / Man Mistakenly Transferred N1 Million To Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by mu2sa2: 1:18pm On Mar 21, 2021
Catfishing:
Believe op at ur peril....he is a serial troll, a gambler, a drunkard, an ashawo man and a cruise chaser

moreover, your bank would've refunded u ur money....because no transfer can be sent to a frozen acct.

Therefore, op is a bloody liar seeking for attention
I understand they sometimes place "no-debit" on an account. I guess this only stops the account holder from withdrawing, but money can still be transferred into the account.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
Catfishing:
Believe op at ur peril....he is a serial troll, a gambler, a drunkard, an ashawo man and a cruise chaser

moreover, your bank would've refunded u ur money....because no transfer can be sent to a frozen acct.

Even if op is a liar deposits and transfers can be made into a frozen account only the acct holders will not be able to make purchases, withdrawals or outgoing transfers
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Lilpen3758: 1:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
Op na confirm scammer i swear down....
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by TonyNavas(m): 1:22pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:
I already went to his bank, the account have been really frozen, I stay in bauchi and he stays in kano(I have never seen him b4)
I got his account no from a friend whom introduced me to the business(4yrs ago), him to have never seen the man b4(he got it from a friend who is late now).
Go and arrest him, that is criminal offence.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:22pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:
I made a transfer to a man whom I buy bulk knitting wool from, but he told me that the account have been frozen and he doesnt have any plan to go and unfreeze it cause he have gone to the bank four times they didn't unfreeze it.
Is there any way I could get my money back? cause the man have already told me that my money is gone, cause there is nothing he can do.
And the money isn't even mine, I am just a middleman for people who want to buy wool in large quantities.
Pls nairalanders is there a way I can get my money back??
My question is this, the man you paid into his account never told you that the account details he gave you to pay into was frozen since he was expecting payment from you? The owner of the account should fight his bank for the money and not you. How come a frozen account still received money after being frozen or is it that after you made the payment that the account was frozen? OP the man is a thief so arrest him
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by elchariotlp: 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
Catfishing:

I just laugh at you and those you succeeded in misleading.

A frozen account can receive money but can't be debited from.

Learn that today!

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by abimic(m): 1:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
Babaibeji2020:

Lawyers don't enforce court orders!
Lawyer writes a petition to the Police against the frozen account holder. Police makes a court order demanding the Mandate, KYC & BVN of the frozen account holder. The KYC contains the photo & residential address of frozen account holder. With the BVN available, letter will be sent again by the Police demanding why account was frozen(was it used to receive ransom or proceeds of crime/fraud e.g Yahoo wires). On receipt of letter details why account was frozen, CBN is notified & money will be reversed after owner of money has summited an affidavit from a court of transfer to a wrong account!
18wheeler, how about this?

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by BBM: 1:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
That's why I like fcmb bank for this

Of your account is frozen

If you transfer money inside it will bounce back to the sender

I think other bank should implement this
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Lilpen3758: 1:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
Op just wan know format.....how u go wan take transfer money for person u have never met b4 and u don't have his accurate details?.........Make una reason am abeg........for this regime?
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Alaigbopress: 1:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
Somebody will just sit in his room and make up one funny story. Money cannot be transferred to a frozen bank account. Frozen means nothing goes in nothing goes out. From what I have seen so far it shows we have many financial illiterates in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by elisho: 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
that man is a criminal
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by 18wheeler: 1:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
abimic:

The ones you deal with, are they with frozen accounts?
Do you know why the account was frozen?
Court won't just dish orders like that bro...
Courts dont just issue orders based on complaints by complainants. Some investigation is done and the court must be convinced of the genuineness of the complaint before the order is issued. Once we receive such order we only verify from the court if its issued by them then we apply. Remember we make attempt to contact and notify the customer though if customer cannot be reached doesn't prevent us from applying the order. And by the way, unfreezing the account here is one-off. The account returns to freeze status after reversal of the fund. At least 2 units are involved in this process. The Legal unit for interpreting the order, and Internal Control who actually give approval for unfreeze and reversal.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by tete7000(m): 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:
I made a transfer to a man whom I buy bulk knitting wool from, but he told me that the account have been frozen and he doesnt have any plan to go and unfreeze it cause he have gone to the bank four times they didn't unfreeze it.
Is there any way I could get my money back? cause the man have already told me that my money is gone, cause there is nothing he can do.
And the money isn't even mine, I am just a middleman for people who want to buy wool in large quantities.

But I think if an account is truly frozen, you shouldn't be able to perform any kind of transaction(debit or credit) on it. Approach the banks to return your money.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by mechanics(m): 1:34pm On Mar 21, 2021
It can be retrieved, go and complain to CBN.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by franugo(m): 1:35pm On Mar 21, 2021
Resurrection212:
Please how can I write CBN?

Frozen account meaning what exactly? an account can be closed (in which case the money would be reversed to sender), or restricted (in which case the money will enter the account but cannot leave until restriction is lifted or account is forcefully debited) or the account might be dormant in which case the transfer should not have been possible in the first place, though it happens...I don't understand this frozen account you are talking about....which bank does he use and what's the account number?
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Esthered: 1:35pm On Mar 21, 2021
Dear OP, a frozen account can receive money Iif it is debit freeze that is placed on the account as a result of KYC deficiency or the account may have become dormant. You can complain of erroneous transfer to your bank and a recall of funds will be initiated.
If the funds have not been totally withdrawn, you'll need a court order to be provided to access the funds.
There is debit freeze and credit freeze of which most freeze on account are debit freeze.
Go to your bank and complain and while you are at it, talk to a lawyer for the court order so that once the beneficiary bank confirms the money in the account, you'll present it for recall of funds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by wallarwallar(m): 1:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
[quote author=Simplyleo post=100072638]Let no one deceive you here.

The only way you can get your money from that account is to unfreeze the account. Note as well, no banker will take the risk of touching any frozen account except of course it is "worth it".

So the only advice I have for you is, commence the process of unfreezing the account.

I'm done talking.

Mumu just full dis Nairaland... How can u unfreez account dat does not belong to u.. Na wa ooo
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by 18wheeler: 1:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
Alaigbopress:
Somebody will just sit in his room and make up one funny story. Money cannot be transferred to a frozen bank account. Frozen means nothing goes in nothing goes out. From what I have seen so far it shows we have many financial illiterates in Nigeria.
Theres partial freeze and theres total freeze. Partial freeze can be Freeze on debit transactions (Post No Debit); or Freeze on credit entries(Post No Credit). The most common one is PND and yes, fund can be credited into the account but no withdrawals are allowed. Hope it's clear to you now.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by franugo(m): 1:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
18wheeler:

Courts dont just issue orders based on complaints by complainants. Some investigation is done and the court must be convinced of the genuineness of the complaint before the order is issued. Once we receive such order we only verify from the court if its issued by them then we apply. Remember we make attempt to contact and notify the customer though if customer cannot be reached doesn't prevent us from applying the order. And by the way, unfreezing the account here is one-off. The account returns to freeze status after reversal of the fund. At least 2 units are involved in this process. The Legal unit for interpreting the order, and Internal Control who actually give approval for unfreeze and reversal.

You mean restricted and unrestricted? I sure as hell have never seen an account with status as "freezed"...hmmm
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Ela06: 1:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:
I already went to his bank, the account have been really frozen, I stay in bauchi and he stays in kano(I have never seen him b4)
I got his account no from a friend whom introduced me to the business(4yrs ago), him to have never seen the man b4(he got it from a friend who is late now).

Approach the law court for possible solutions
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Zinpat: 1:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
Why then did he give u d account number to credit, knowing full well that it is frozen. Just be on him 2 resolve his issues with his bank cos unfortunately it's only d account owner that can do that not a 3rd party.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by 18wheeler: 1:42pm On Mar 21, 2021
abimic:

18wheeler, how about this?
This scenario is when an account is suspected of fraud. There are many reasons an account is placed on freeze. KYC deficiencies, Law enforcement requests, court orders, even by the bank to set a trap to catch a fraudulent person. Lawyers dont enforce court orders. They actually dont need to because the order is a force on it's own.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by playtheblues(f): 1:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:
you need a court order. Contact your lawyer asap
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by 18wheeler: 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
franugo:

You mean restricted and unrestricted? I sure as hell have never seen an account with status as "freezed"...hmmm
Just different terminologies but same impact. Post no debit/credit; debit/credit freeze, restriction of debit/credit. All have the same impact.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Don2004: 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
It will reverse after latest 48hours
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by OfeAkwuPrincess(f): 1:50pm On Mar 21, 2021
dominique:

Was he aware you were going to transfer the money or you transferred it without his knowledge? Ordinarily the bank ought to reverse the transaction since the account is frozen, it makes no sense leaving such account open to receive money. You should go to your bank and make a complaint.

The bank should reverse a successful transaction?..do you know why the account was frozen in the first place?
And besides there are different types of freeze. Maybe his is a post-no-debit...meaning he can receive and not send out.
We are always quick to blame the banks.

What if the man is a fraudster and his account was frozen cause of this? Imagine him telling his customer the money is gone. Speaks volumes.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Otunski: 1:51pm On Mar 21, 2021
It's simple. Approach the wrong beneficiary's bank nearest to you with a hand written complaint. On receiving the complaint the bank branch will send to the designated unit ( internal audit, compliance) and request for the relaxation of the frozen account for reversal of the wrong TRANSFER to the source account. But if the beneficiary's bank is treating your request with levity get a court order and submit to the bank.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:53pm On Mar 21, 2021
Simplyleo:
Let no one deceive you here.

The only way you can get your money from that account is to unfreeze the account. Note as well, no banker will take the risk of touching any frozen account except of course it is "worth it".

So the only advice I have for you is, commence the process of unfreezing the account.

I'm done talking.

The emboldened is a big white lie sir.

Biggest lie ever my brother.

Money dey enter account wey dem don freeze no be today. And just like u said, money can't leave that account except if them unfreeze the account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by nedekid: 1:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
Simplyleo:
Let no one deceive you here.

I'm done talking.

The emboldened is a big white lie sir.
If a bank account is frozen, then it only makes sense to be frozen both ways. Ie input and output.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Stanleyq: 2:00pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:
all lies, u got an account from a friend, u didn't confirm it to a person u do the business with, u just transfered, they have duped u naa, all these Facebook friends that ask us to make transfer and our goods be sent, if its true, u acted foolishly o
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by ignis: 2:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
Mmgboji:
Get a lawyer to obtain a court order on your behalf. And the money will be reversed to you.

Simple
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by adanny01(m): 2:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
SarkinYarki:
It's easy to see why the dishonest man's account was frozen...go to his bank and I find out if his account is actually frozen and for what reason and then get him to come to the bank with U ( I know he won't come ) I even suspect that this is a new format.....where did you even get the account number from?
Me, I wonder why would a bank accept credit to an account that has been Frozen but will not accept debit, it is wrong on all levels.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Raids Abuja Bureaux De Change Offices / Beware Of Nairabet / Reps Ask EFCC, ICPC To Arrest Mike Adenuga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.