Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account (28151 Views)

Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? / Julius Eze Returns ₦2.5 Million Mistakenly Transferred To His Account / Man Mistakenly Transferred N1 Million To Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Oyiboman69: 2:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:
I already went to his bank, the account have been really frozen, I stay in bauchi and he stays in kano(I have never seen him b4)
I got his account no from a friend whom introduced me to the business(4yrs ago), him to have never seen the man b4(he got it from a friend who is late now).
with this,i can now concludes that your story is fake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by SarkinYarki: 2:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
adanny01:

Me, I wonder why would a bank accept credit to an account that has been Frozen but will not accept debit, it is wrong on all levels.

Banks always accept money ,because they will still use it to trade
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by FatherCHRISTMAS: 2:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
rentAcock:
He's a scammer. Why didn't he tell you the account was frozen before you sent the money? Get a policeman and put the fear of God in him.
monies transferred to frozen account are automatically reversed....

Op is joking
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by josite: 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
dobiakor:
A simple court order will compel the bank to unfreeze the account and reverse it to it.

Simply get a lawyer, tell him you u did a wrong transfer to the man, provide an alternative account number claiming that he is the person you wished to transfer to.

It will be treated as a wrong transfer and you get ur reversal within 5days of a confirmed order.

and a simple court order will be gotten in a simple one hour ,abi.well done.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Fashionista01(f): 2:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
This happened to me last year during lockdown period. Somebody mistakenly transferred the some of 20k to my account. The bank called me.

I went to their branch to report the issue. The transfer was made in the south but I am in the north.
Secondly, I cannot remember the signature for that account because it has been dormant for long.

I was directed to the person that handles such issue.
He made a call for them to send the signature for my dormant account. He drafted a letter for me to sign and also requested for my thumb print.

After the process my account was active and the money was transferred back to the owner.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by 1030(m): 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2021
It depend on the amount involved .You can report the case to EFCC if the amount is up to 1m but below should be reported to Police and obtain a court order there after.

Do not even mention any unfreeze account in your complaints,allow the agencies to worry all you have to do is report that payment was made and goods is yet to be supply.

Take the court order,police report and evidence of payment to your bank,they will act on it and beneficiary bank will unfreeze the account temporary to enable the reversal after which the account will go back to is former status.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by BlackFlamefromP: 2:22pm On Mar 21, 2021
That's a price you pay for not being wise. How can you get somebody's bank account details from another person and then transfer money to that account without contacting the owner of the account first to confirm if that's truly his account number and if you should go ahead and transfer money into the account.

You are on your own o! The owner of the account no send you message.

VillageBus:
I already went to his bank, the account have been really frozen, I stay in bauchi and he stays in kano(I have never seen him b4)
I got his account no from a friend whom introduced me to the business(4yrs ago), him to have never seen the man b4(he got it from a friend who is late now).
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by akilo1: 2:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
You are on your own
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Aquilazng(m): 2:30pm On Mar 21, 2021
Na to enter Bus back to Village be that o. According to ur moni'
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
jamesope04:
And you transferred money to his account without his consent?

Something seems not to be right
Na big man na wetin u expect
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by FutureIG: 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2021
You need to see a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by HustlePro: 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2021
SarkinYarki:
It's easy to see why the dishonest man's account was frozen...go to his bank and I find out if his account is actually frozen and for what reason and then get him to come to the bank with U ( I know he won't come ) I even suspect that this is a new format.....where did you even get the account number from?
Please I need your advise... I lend someone money not much though but he later turned it to scam. I want to have all his bank account frozen through legal processes. Is that possible?
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by SarkinYarki: 2:42pm On Mar 21, 2021
HustlePro:
Please I need your advise... I lend someone money not much though but he later turned it to scam. I want to have all his bank account frozen through legal processes. Is that possible?

You can only freeze the account you paid into but you need the police to assist you get a court order for that and it would cost you some money .. I don't know how much this guy scammed you but if it's not substantial then it's not worth it
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by VicM6: 2:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
Op no well at all o.....how u go just transfer money put 4 person acct without informing the person and na which account num the man drop 4 u.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by HustlePro: 2:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
SarkinYarki:

You can only freeze the account you paid into but you need the police to assist you get a court order for that and it would cost you some money .. I don't know how much this guy scammed you but if it's not substantial then it's not worth it
Well, there is more reason why I want to have the account frozen than just the money.

Thanks.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by dazzlingd(m): 2:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:
I made a transfer to a man whom I buy bulk knitting wool from, but he told me that the account have been frozen and he doesnt have any plan to go and unfreeze it cause he have gone to the bank four times they didn't unfreeze it.
Is there any way I could get my money back? cause the man have already told me that my money is gone, cause there is nothing he can do.
And the money isn't even mine, I am just a middleman for people who want to buy wool in large quantities.
Pls nairalanders is there a way I can get my money back??

How much ?
If the money is small money, let it go..

If na big money , use like 10k to get court order and you will have your money back within 2 weeks

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by timocruzcmbb(m): 2:59pm On Mar 21, 2021
It is as easy as make a complain to your bank they will tell you what to do and you get your money back.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by nnadychuks(m): 3:00pm On Mar 21, 2021
Catfishing:
Believe op at ur peril....he is a serial troll, a gambler, a drunkard, an ashawo man and a cruise chaser

moreover, your bank would've refunded u ur money....because no transfer can be sent to a frozen acct.

Therefore, op is a bloody liar seeking for attention
from your description I believe this is how he looks like

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by fabulous01(m): 3:00pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:

U too listen to yourself.
U got acct from a late man who's a friend to your buyer, and ddnt bother to reach the man b4 sending money to his acct.
4 me if i want to send u money 10 tym a day, each tym I will ask u for your Acct number. Things changes every seconds. Pls go and repay the man. He never gave u his acct but a dead man gave u.. And u paid to a dead man.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by fabulous01(m): 3:02pm On Mar 21, 2021
nnadychuks:
from your description I believe this is how he looks like

Thanks for this
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Princewell2012(m): 3:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
Catfishing:
Believe op at ur peril....he is a serial troll, a gambler, a drunkard, an ashawo man and a cruise chaser

moreover, your bank would've refunded u ur money....because no transfer can be sent to a frozen acct.

Therefore, op is a bloody liar seeking for attention

Hmm I have sent money into my account before , when I wanted to widraw the money I was told that the account is dormant. How can we reconcile this? thank you.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by abigdwn: 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
The bank will reverse the transaction..
It happen to me sometime last year , I got a reversal 4 to 5 days later..
You can also report to your bank so as to make claim.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by balladin: 3:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
Get a good lawyer to help you obtain a court order compelling the bank to effect your reversal. Of course you'll have to convince the court that it was a genuine error on your part and that you're not part of any illegality that the man may be complicit for.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Skix(m): 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
they won't allow money come out but they'll still be allowing money to enter
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by TinubuGoQuench(f): 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
I DON'T BELIEVE THE POSTER.
HE WAS TRYING TO GET HIS TOPIC TO FRONT PAGE
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Positiveminds(m): 3:52pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:
I made a transfer to a man whom I buy bulk knitting wool from, but he told me that the account have been frozen and he doesnt have any plan to go and unfreeze it cause he have gone to the bank four times they didn't unfreeze it.
Is there any way I could get my money back? cause the man have already told me that my money is gone, cause there is nothing he can do.
And the money isn't even mine, I am just a middleman for people who want to buy wool in large quantities.
Pls nairalanders is there a way I can get my money back??

MY BROTHER, THE MONEY IS NOW FROZEN WITH THE ALREADY FROZEN ACCOUNT. LET THEM BE FROZEN IN PEACE.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by daddyiel(m): 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
I had same experience December 25 last year ,i got a court order ,the money was reversed after 2 months ...
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Mcslize: 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:

And before sending him the money, you couldn't put a call across to him before making the transfer?
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by chatinent: 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
Frozen ko, Tangled ni.

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:
Wait how much?
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by somziency: 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
Why and how should a frozen account still be able to receive payment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Produce Body Spray And Perfume / Someone Should Advice Me On Bforex Trade Because I Want To Go Into It. / Dangote: My Coal Mines In Kogi Worth $160m To Become Functional Within 30days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.