Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,428 members, 7,808,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account (28146 Views)

Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? / Julius Eze Returns ₦2.5 Million Mistakenly Transferred To His Account / Man Mistakenly Transferred N1 Million To Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by R0LL0N(m): 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
SarkinYarki:
It's easy to see why the dishonest man's account was frozen...go to his bank and I find out if his account is actually frozen and for what reason and then get him to come to the bank with U ( I know he won't come ) I even suspect that this is a new format.....where did you even get the account number from?
No bank would give a third party their customer bank information.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by SavageResponse(m): 4:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Springboot:

Hahahha so many kids on nairaland? Did you just say that banks shouldn't take money because account is frozen? This is the most childish comment I've read today. Get an education young girl.

What she said made sense, you're the one who sounds childish!
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Yankee101: 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
1. Approach your bank about reversing it
2. Approach his bank with him, cos they won't attend to you about another person's account without the owner
3. Approach the CBN consumer complaints dept
4. Approach a court for an order to his bank to refund your money

No such thing as impossible
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Skmoda360(m): 4:18pm On Mar 21, 2021
pickatyouu:
I doubt but I am not certain you can get it back

He will so far it's a frozen account, it's supposed to be auto reversal sef...
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Branworsy(m): 4:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
Call your bank costumer service for Recall
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Agadinaagwuofe: 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
Teejay13:

How could you transfer money to a bank account without verifying from the account holder if the account belongs to him?

Ordinarily, that was so wrong of you!

My suggestion is for you to have a discussion with the owner of the said bank account, if there is a way he could re activate the account back and help you get back your money. Even if it means you compensating him for his effort.

Otherwise, I don't think there is actually another way out of such event.

It's cool to know that there are people here who understands the internal workings of commercial banks..

No court order or even lawyer can file such motion because of the intrinsic nature of bank/customer confidentiality. You don't get a court order to tamper on someone's account without customers notice and more so no fraudulent flagging on the acct..why will someone sent money to an account which the owner of the account never gave? It sound somehow to just collect account number of a trader and make transfer without verbal formalization of such transaction..The best bet is to get the man to reactivate or unfreeze the acct, without that no possible way to resolve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by debeo: 5:00pm On Mar 21, 2021
VillageBus:
I made a transfer to a man whom I buy bulk knitting wool from, but he told me that the account have been frozen and he doesnt have any plan to go and unfreeze it cause he have gone to the bank four times they didn't unfreeze it.
Is there any way I could get my money back? cause the man have already told me that my money is gone, cause there is nothing he can do.
And the money isn't even mine, I am just a middleman for people who want to buy wool in large quantities.
Pls nairalanders is there a way I can get my money back??

Depends on why it was frozen. If it's by the order of the court (Mareva Order, Garnishe Order, EFCC/Police Investigation etc), the bank can't do anything.

But if it's just PND (Post No Debit), due to minor issues like disparities in BVN details, incomplete documentation etc, it can easily be resolved.

Only the man can disclose Why to you.

I'll advise you write to your bank asking for a refund. Copy CBN and other necessary agencies, even if you don't get your money back, you'll get at least an appropriate response.

Udo
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by smithsolord: 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2021
Bro Lodge complaints to your bank and the beneficiary bank then proceed to court and get court order for a reverse asap

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Howearn: 6:00pm On Mar 21, 2021
forget it
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Bengaza: 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
Get a court order that you transferred money to the account that it's was a mistake, that the court should compel his bank to return the money to your account. Take the court order to any branch of his bank closest to you. They will treat it by reversing your money to your account since there is evidence that you actually transferred money to the account. It might take sometime but do follow up the money will be returned to you.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Mac2016(m): 7:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
Mad country/world why shd money be able to enter a frozen (dead) account?

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by oluwafemiabioye(f): 11:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
Mac2016:
Mad country/world why shd money be able to enter a frozen (dead) account?
this is one thing that has always amazed me too. Its just crazy how things run in the country.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by oluwatosin070: 12:23am On Mar 22, 2021
It's easy to get your money back.

Tell your bank to send a mail to the other bank where you erroneously sent money to and they will provide an indemnity form. The Recall team will work on the recall of funds.

Just follow the process.

Remember to bank with ECOBANK.✌️
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by luckydion(m): 7:46am On Mar 22, 2021
forget too much story ..... go to consumer Protection Board ..... google the real name.... u will get ur name
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 22, 2021
Resurrection212:
Please how can I write CBN?

Send a mail to contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Resurrection212: 10:19am On Mar 22, 2021
God bless bro someone took 950k in my account since January this year .Bank is yet to ascertain what happened yet.
CoolSmithz:

Send a mail to contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by GodisFirst: 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
Go to your bank and explain to them that you did the transaction in error and they will follow up the process and get you your money in as much as the owner of the account is not claiming the money.
But the issue will be if he defaulted with the account, abandoned it and opened another account. then the bank will seize the money to get back theirs. If not he should be able to help you.

however, go to your bank and report, they will advise you better.
keep evidence of the transfer if you have it.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 22, 2021
Resurrection212:
God bless bro someone took 950k in my account since January this year .Bank is yet to ascertain what happened yet.

Was it via card withdrawal ?
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Resurrection212: 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2021
Bro I don't know how it happened. My atm card is with me.
CoolSmithz:

Was it via card withdrawal ?
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 23, 2021
Resurrection212:
Bro I don't know how it happened. My atm card is with me.

Two ways,
Someone probably took a front and back picture of your debit card

2. You dropped your account name and number publicly,
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Resurrection212: 8:50am On Mar 23, 2021
Maybe but notwithstanding thebank mess up .
CoolSmithz:

Two ways,
Someone probably took a front and back picture of your debit card

2. You dropped your account name and number publicly,

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by Mmgboji(m): 12:04pm On Mar 26, 2021
Oga, I just finished one process against UBA for a Client in Akure. Money has been duly reserved on the 16th of March, 2021. Don't advertise your ignorance Sir.
Resurrection212:
Oga there's nothing like court order for the bank again.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by HeadNigga: 12:57am On Feb 18, 2023
yesloaded:

Report to your bank to request refund on your behalf
does this work? I am in this mess now.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by yesloaded: 9:44am On Feb 18, 2023
HeadNigga:
does this work? I am in this mess now.

It works
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account by HeadNigga: 11:25am On Feb 18, 2023
yesloaded:

It works
wow! I will be glad if it works

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lake Rice Sold At N12,000 Per Bag In Lagos (Photos) / How To Produce Body Spray And Perfume / Someone Should Advice Me On Bforex Trade Because I Want To Go Into It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.