Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example (3003 Views)

Japa: Nigerian Elite’s Disconnect From Reality – The Segun Agbaje Example / Vehicle Offence In UK And Nigeria, LASTMA Example (pics) / Lagos Uberboat: How To Book A Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example by Mstravelindiva: 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2021
Hello again Nairalanders!

I wanted to share this much requested travel tip. I created a short video (4 minutes) with step by step instructions on how to book the cheapest flights to anywhere using Google Flights. Writing these instructions would be too lengthy and confusing, so hopefully the moderator will allow this post and link. I am actually showing you step by step this technique from my chromebook.

The technique I use to find these cheap tickets can also be used on Kayak.com and possibly other travel booking platforms, but for the sake of my video I use Google Flights. I even provided an example flying last minute out of Lagos to JFK (New York) round-trip for under $900 USD for a two week period.

Here’s another good travel tip, “the more flexible your plans are, the more money you will save”. I travel often yet still on a budget, and many may wonder how. We’ll I’m always looking for ways to save and Google Flights or Kayak.com are my #1 “go to” anytime I’m searching for cheap flights which for me is ALWAYS. If I can save heavily on my flight and accommodations, then I’ll have more money to explore and to book future travel!

If anyone tries this technique and scores a good flight deal, please come back and share, I’d love to see how well you did! Remember “sharing is caring” friend!

Lastly, I’ll add that for any of you that collect reward points or airline miles with specific airline carriers, once you identify the cheap airfare, you can book your tickets directly with the airline carrier if you prefer, you do not have to book directly through Google flights. I point this out because many carriers have heavily incentivized their reward programs where you earn points, miles, or receive extra perks when you travel and book directly with them, so you don’t have to miss out on this opportunity. I’m a HUGE fan of airline miles, and I like to make my money work for me (rather than the other way around). I once flew from the USA to Rome, Italy in March of 2017 for under $57 USD round-trip using airline miles. My ticket was free since I used miles, and I simply had to cover the taxes. If you’d like for me to show you how to do this, simply comment “airline miles” and I’ll create some content around this topic and share.

I hope you found this help and intuitive, below is a link to the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7eVUIMtXd0

Happy Travels, Stay Safe and Be Well!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example by Mstravelindiva: 7:07am On Mar 28, 2021
Re: How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example by Mide3367: 9:59pm On Mar 29, 2021
Nice post

1 Like

Re: How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example by Mstravelindiva: 1:28am On Mar 30, 2021
Mide3367:
Nice post

Thank you, I’ve had a few people use this technique recently with great success. I’m glad you found this helpful!

Take care and be well~

2 Likes

Re: How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example by Mstravelindiva: 5:16pm On May 27, 2021
Mide3367:
Nice post

Here’s another travel tip you can use, very helpful for anyone living in diaspora. Thank you friend and safe travels!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QCSltxEC4o

1 Like

Re: How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example by Konquest: 10:28pm On Jun 02, 2021
Awesome budget travel videos. Let's kick it... wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example by Mstravelindiva: 6:11am On Jun 03, 2021
Konquest:
Awesome budget travel
videos. Let's kick it...

Thank you friend, I appreciate the support! I just dropped a new part 1 video for traveling on a budget 3 hours ago. Let me know what you think and if I should do a part 2 for lodging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDv5yjoIUpU

2 Likes

Re: How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example by Mstravelindiva: 7:42am On Aug 18, 2022

*****Attention anyone living in Diaspora (specifically the U.S)*****

#Flight Deal Alert!!! Who’s still looking to score great flight deals on their next vacation? There are still CHEAP International flight deals (including flights to Lagos & Abuja) that you can take advantage of, you just need to be flexible.

Happy Travels!

2 Likes

Re: How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example by sonety2k(m): 9:46am On Oct 26, 2022
Following

1 Like

Re: How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example by olamieseun(m): 11:12am On Oct 27, 2022
Following as well

1 Like

Re: How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example by Mstravelindiva: 6:13am On Oct 28, 2022
sonety2k:
Following

Thank you friend!
Re: How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example by Mstravelindiva: 6:14am On Oct 28, 2022
olamieseun:
Following as well

Many thanks, safe travels and be well friend!
Re: How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example by Zee0007: 6:31am On Oct 28, 2022
Great thread cheesy

Nlfpmod
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example by Mrsoft3(m): 6:47am On Oct 28, 2022
Now we fly.....in sherif rango voice

1 Like

Re: How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example by Mstravelindiva: 4:52am On Oct 30, 2022
Zee0007:
Great thread cheesy

Nlfpmod
Mynd44

Thank you friend, I’m glad you found it helpful!
Re: How To Book The Cheapest Airline Tickets | Google Flights Example by Mstravelindiva: 1:48am On Nov 28, 2022
sonety2k:
Following

Let us know if you find any great deals friend!

(1) (Reply)

If You Know What's Good For You, Never Fly Air France! / Nigerians In The US! / Is This Juju (magic), Sciece Or Technology?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.