Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,831 members, 7,802,664 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria (22239 Views)

My Dry Season Maize Farming / Let’s Talk About Maize! / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by JeAgro477(m): 6:35am On Mar 21, 2021
budaatum:

Maize get short and mid season varieties. See as I stupid olodo reach for not even imagining it would and how easily this makes sense!
?
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by Intendy: 7:50am On Mar 21, 2021
Intendy:
@JeAgro477 , thanks for this thread. what is d quantity of lagon per 16 or 20 litres knapsack , and can it be mixed with systemic herbicide like vinash (glyphosate based)

morning sir. plz reply this. thanks
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by JeAgro477(m): 8:54am On Mar 21, 2021
Intendy:

morning sir. plz reply this. thanks
if you are in the north the dosage is 50 ml per 16 liter sprayer but if you are in the south it should be 70 ml it's not advisable to mix with other chemicals
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by budaatum: 1:20pm On Mar 21, 2021
JeAgro477:
?

As in, I never knew that. And thank you for teaching me.

2 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by Intendy: 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
JeAgro477:
if you are in the north the dosage is 50 ml per 16 liter sprayer but if you are in the south it should be 70 ml it's not advisable to mix with other chemicals

Thanks sir . Really appreciate it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by JeAgro477(m): 3:47pm On Mar 25, 2021
My maize in progress the advantage of lagon is that it keeps your farm weed free for a period of 10 weeks see how my farm looks this is how it will be for the next 9 weeks

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by Jonnic1(m): 3:57pm On Mar 25, 2021
This is excellent. the farm is looking very neat and free of weed. What quantity of lagon in needed for one hectare. Can I apply two (2) days after planting maize? Thank you so much. Keep it coming we are following!
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by Oyembete: 5:34pm On Mar 25, 2021
Please csn this lagon be used before planting or after planting of maize and cassava?
quote author=JeAgro477 post=100204067]My maize in progress the advantage of lagon is that it keeps your farm weed free for a period of 10 weeks see how my farm looks this is how it will be for the next 9 weeks[/quote]
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by JeAgro477(m): 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2021
Jonnic1:
This is excellent. the farm is looking very neat and free of weed. What quantity of lagon in needed for one hectare. Can I apply two (2) days after planting maize? Thank you so much. Keep it coming we are following!
750ml in the south and 500ml in the north you can apply 2 days after planting
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by Jonnic1(m): 7:14pm On Mar 26, 2021
Thank you for your kind response. how much is your Lagon herbicide going for now? I reside in Abuja
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by JeAgro477(m): 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2021
Jonnic1:
Thank you for your kind response. how much is your Lagon herbicide going for now? I reside in Abuja
2500 per bottle if you are buying up to a carton and 3000 if you are buying just 10 bottles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by Jonnic1(m): 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2021
JeAgro477:
2500 per bottle if you are buying up to a carton and 3000 if you are buying just 10 bottles

is it 250ml or 500ml?
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by JeAgro477(m): 2:02pm On Mar 29, 2021
Jonnic1:

is it 250ml or 500ml?
it's in 250ml
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by dmz1: 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2021
can you send 2 bottles to Abakaliki @ JeAgro477
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by Skillsnigeria: 2:15pm On Dec 11, 2022
Noted
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by house10studios: 2:18pm On Dec 11, 2022
Is tinubu not involve?
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by Ikennaford: 2:21pm On Dec 11, 2022
Go and teach this your farming in the villages for free not on naira land, non of us deh do farming, na yahoo Boys and girls full here, plus aspiring oloshos
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by Shezzman: 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2022
Maybe he thinned

budaatum:
Looks like one seed per hole too and not 3, 4, most plant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by OJODEL10(m): 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2022
[quote author=JeAgro477 post=100000642]If you want to plant maize at the onset (beginning) of wet season go for long season varieties.
If you want to plant mid season go for medium varieties when planting late go for short term varieties.[/quote
please i want you to explain thr season in term of month do you mean maize that mature in 3months and 2month
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by llade(m): 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2022
smiley
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by TTGIL: 3:18pm On Dec 11, 2022
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by Truthshscrazy: 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2022
Cool
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by kristmalachy76: 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2022
OBidient are truly fixing everything...nice move to have another top forum in Nigeria
namqul45: So many norms are changing...OBidients are truly ready to salvage Nigeria

Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by onumadu: 3:43pm On Dec 11, 2022
JeAgro477:
Listen to me very careful especially those of you that has interest in farming
Understand what is crop spectrum and weed spectrum

Understanding crop spectrum will enable farmer comprehend the type of post emergence herbicide to apply to certain crops.

Similarly understanding weed spectrum enable farmers to know the types of weeds in their farms and ultimately the right herbicide to apply.

Oga farmer thanks for your information. BUT
I hope that you and other farmers in Nigeria understand that there is a STRONG LINK between herbicides and cancer.
Herbicides are CARCINOGENIC.
Cancer rate is galloping in Nigeria these days, and it wasn't like this a few years back when farmers used ORGANIC methods.
Instead of herbicides, why not use human labor?
This way, you employ someone and also save our society from cancer.
Thanks in advance for heeding my advice!

2 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by madapcmod: 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2022
Monkeys no dey allow me harvest my maize sad angry
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by Princessdainty(m): 4:15pm On Dec 11, 2022
Post since 2021.. Nairaland is a dumpsite
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by kunleajao(m): 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(market More) Cucumber Seed Performance / My Harvested Cucumber / Akwa Ibom To Import 2,000 Pregnant Cattle From Mexico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.