Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) (60049 Views)

Mmesoma Joy is a fraud, faked results - JAMB / Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years / Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by Nobody: 4:39am On Mar 18, 2021
A Sneaky daughter faked winning a place at Oxford University to trick her penniless mum into selling flowers for YEARS to help fund her secret lifestyle.

Merve Bozkurt, 25, told devoted Gulseren, 57, that she needed extra cash help to pay the bills while studying for a degree at the prestigious school of learning.

However, the 25 year old - who did not even possess a passport - had not actually left the country and was really living it up while working as an estate agent in Istanbul.

She was only caught out when a local TV station decided to do a feature on her hard-working mother and the amazing sacrifices she had made for her family.

Her dedication to her children quickly went viral, with offers of donations flooding in including a promise of a scholarship to cover all the young woman's costs as she "completed her fifth year."

However, it was then discovered that there was no student of that name at Oxford University, and the daughter was forced to confess the truth, reports Sabah.

She later reportedly apologised publicly saying: "I feel very bad because I upset my mother.

"I made up a story. I made everybody believe this story, including myself.

"However, I was actually working in a real estate office in Istanbul all this time."

Mother-of-two Gulseren said she had made a living selling flowers in the city of Antakya for over a decade and had previously funded her son's education that way.

Speaking to the local TV station before the truth came out, she said: "My husband works when he can, but he cannot always find a job. Sometimes he comes to the cemetery to help me.

"With the money I earn selling flowers, I cover my children’s education costs.”

“If a person is in good health, working is the best thing they can do. It's nice to spend the money I earn on my children. I want every woman to work and stand on her own two feet.

“It is not shameful to work in such jobs; it is a shame to be in need when you are able to work. I love working."

The TV station contacted the daughter online who was quoted as saying: “My mother plants flowers on her own, picks them, and sells them here, and sometimes she goes to the mountain to pick flowers.

“My brother is also a university graduate. He is currently working as a non-commissioned officer in Hakkari.

"My mother is very fond of us. We are everything to her, and she is for us."

She went on to lie that she wanted to become a neurosurgeon after graduating from Oxford, adding: “Once my mother told me that if I don't enroll in a good university, that she would not let me continue my education.

"Because she struggled her whole life, she never wanted her efforts to be wasted. Despite having a lot of trouble, my mother never took it out on us, never deprived us.”

Merve Bozkurt added during the now exposed fake interview: “I will not waste my mother's great efforts, and I will honour her.”
Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14349333/daughter-faked-oxford-uni-con-poor-mum/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by Freestainworld(m): 5:04am On Mar 18, 2021
some women will finish this planet with take lives one day

85 Likes

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by TempUser: 5:13am On Mar 18, 2021
The future is F!

Now the future is WTF!

191 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by ikllbrokehoes(m): 5:27am On Mar 18, 2021
I fear who know fear all these vagina people cheesy

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by Nicepoker(m): 5:55am On Mar 18, 2021
One claimed she is in University of Abuja. I did some findings. I am telling you this vagina creature never sat for WAEC. Exams.

264 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by Cheryph200(m): 6:23am On Mar 18, 2021
Omo ale

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by wayne4loan: 6:29am On Mar 18, 2021
cheesy
Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by UltraSphinx(m): 6:49am On Mar 18, 2021
Costly parenting
Pikin don scam her mother, and even the ghosts wey dey cemetery too..

20 Likes

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by franchasng: 6:50am On Mar 18, 2021
angry angry
Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by Xscape047: 6:53am On Mar 18, 2021
This so not right ..

#Karma Pro Max Loading#

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by merieam16(f): 7:04am On Mar 18, 2021
TempUser:
The future is F!

Now the future is WTF!
grin the woman is female nd really tired for her daughter

10 Likes

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by damtan(m): 7:04am On Mar 18, 2021
Her conscience is literally dead.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by dochenaj: 7:05am On Mar 18, 2021
Well such stories abound. I know this guy who faked studying Medicine in UNN, even the family came with dance troupe from his village for his "induction" only for him to be caught later, and no one could believe he was not registered, even his very close friends in the department didn't know. He was attending classes and medical postings, but he was not a recognized student of the department.

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by spinna: 7:10am On Mar 18, 2021
Turkish people sha.. the other day one we saw one that threw his pregnant wife off a cliff just to claim insurance

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by Telegram234(m): 7:11am On Mar 18, 2021
The future is female.
God abeg no allow us get this kind daughter.
Ahh. This one no fit try am for naija nah.
The kind beating she go chop.

10 Likes

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by OmejeGuy: 7:21am On Mar 18, 2021
dochenaj:
Well such stories abound. I know this guy who faked studying Medicine in UNN, even the family came with dance troupe from his village for his "induction" only for him to be caught later, and no one could believe he was not registered, even his very close friends in the department didn't know. He was attending classes and medical postings, but he was not a recognized student of the department.

He's also wasting his time

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by vincentjk(m): 7:22am On Mar 18, 2021
Is past tense of fight = fighted or fought again

An oxford student

The future is female anyways.

22 Likes

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by cassidy1996(m): 7:38am On Mar 18, 2021
bad for the mother, bad for the girl.
Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by Decolonel(m): 7:50am On Mar 18, 2021
Indeed future is female. Don't worry, your daughter will do same to you

1 Like

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by BIGGIE121(m): 7:51am On Mar 18, 2021
no pity at all, useless wannabe, she should be sentenced to 20 years imprisonment, for lack of pity

4 Likes

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by DhatPeacefuldud(m): 7:57am On Mar 18, 2021
Nigerian Turkish girls are useless

1 Like

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by Uyi168: 8:28am On Mar 18, 2021
If the future is female, then we are all doomed

cry

2 Likes

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by olamide0147: 8:31am On Mar 18, 2021
Any words that starts with F are worthless though there are some good ones
Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by BigDawsNet: 9:02am On Mar 18, 2021
Demn
Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by Lordpeckxy(m): 9:15am On Mar 18, 2021
wtf
for 5 years??
and you regret it??
don't give me that crap girl...
you had all the time to correct your mistake,
yes, you didn't gain admission to study in Oxford, very well then, well there are still colleges you can study...

but "No", you (choose) decide to put your poor mom on a lease thinking she is going to produce a Medical Student...

Inexplicably cases like this, I doubt if your mom might live past a year...

The idea of Females owning the Future is truly Horrifying...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 18, 2021
The Future is not Female.

That Nairaland girl needs to get flogged.

Wetin aisha no go see for Aso ?

6 Likes

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by Perifam: 11:35am On Mar 18, 2021
Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by Leun: 11:41am On Mar 18, 2021
This is terrible, I remember one guy in Unilorin, same thing he did because he could not meet the 1.5cgpa minimum for economics.

I saw him at a friend's place when I was in my finals only for my friend to tell me that the guy has been around since, collecting school fees and rent from his parent.

16 Likes

Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by juman(m): 11:55am On Mar 18, 2021
Happening in every country.
Re: Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) by EbukaHades10(m): 12:20pm On Mar 18, 2021
Whenever I remember the struggle wey Mummy Ebuka do to train me, my conscience go kill me if I try this one.

This thing wey she do na correct dirty

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives / My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage / Nigerian Author Includes 'Mutual Masturbation' In JSS 1 Book (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.