Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award (27460 Views)

2Face Celebrates His Mother, Rose Idibia, On Her Birthday (Photos) / Kanye West Urinates On Grammy, Declares 'Black Masters Matter' / Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education (2) (3) (4)

Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by JamesChinn01: 12:45pm On Mar 18, 2021
ruffDiamond:
a thief celebrating another thief.. if know u sabi...fela thunder go still burst that burna blokos....useless racist/padi padi award..something wet Kanye sh1t on top inside toilet..burna ole! tell the world you been stealing Fela song! over sampling kill you there! I hate Intelligent Content thief

About the bolded, can you throw more light on it? I like to know more.
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by merieam16(f): 12:47pm On Mar 18, 2021
candygist:

Two times Grammy Nominee and and A GRAMMY award winner. E choke ?
No e hang...lolz

Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by excel101(m): 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Damn..

If you win headies nobody go congratulate you..

A bunch of white people come together to organise a show where they give people a wooden piece... winning the piece doesn't make one the best.. you're only the best in the eyes of the organisers..

Bleep the Grammy's.. it is over hyped.. Eminem, jay z, Lil Wayne, Kanye West have all thrash talked about the show even though they were once winners

modified:
All these mf quoting me.. I never mentioned davido in my post neither did I say burna is a loser for winning it.. I don't do stanship.. I vibe to music I like.. carrying stanship for head are for people with low iQ.. all I'm pointing out is the way we are all celebrating the Grammy that is not even appreciated by their own people.. badboy timz, omay lay won headies but I didn't see all this accolades
I can only see bad belle and jealousy written all over you.

Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by Modarun(m): 12:53pm On Mar 18, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Damn..

A bunch of white people come together to organise a show where they give people a wooden piece... winning the piece doesn't make one the best.. you're only the best in the eyes of the organisers..

Bleep the Grammy's.. it is over hyped.. Eminem, jay z, Lil Wayne, Kanye West have all thrash talked about the show even though they were once winners

modified:
All these mf quoting me.. I never mentioned davido in my post neither did I say burna is a loser for winning it.. I don't do stanship.. I vibe to music I like.. carrying stanship for head are for people with low iQ.. all I'm pointing out is the way we are all celebrating the Grammy that is not even appreciated by their own people.. badboy timz, omay lay won headies but I didn't see all this accolades
Una just dey hate Burna Boy just because he refused to accept the Wizkid paved way or Davido is better shalaye una dey pull. Despite years if trying to belittle his achievements and talent, he still won. Why una folks to dey do like this nah? I remember how some of yall tried to have Madam Iweala sacked after she got the job at Yale, e still no do, they started campaigning she stole billions when she was contesting for the WHO Job. Una no dey taya ni?
Davido said it very clearly on Ebuka show, "I know how many times Burna was cancelled blocked". Tell us any of your favs that can compare to him in terms of lyrics, delivery, Reach and style? Abegi gedafo

Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by Olodo24: 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2021
PHijo:

Storrryyyy!!!!!

Why didn't they refuse to collect it when they first got the award?

The award helps establish musicians in America and that is why it matters. America also remains the most important music market across the globe and that is why it matters.

The Grammy is not some Lagos based 'award' without structure, that is fuelled by ethnic bigotry and sentiments. This one largely dwells on technicalities.
Burna Boy won a category that isn't highly celebrated. Take it or leave it, he still won't be on Billboard. Artists from other countries have been winning Grammys in top categories without making any noise. It's a good thing he won, but we love to overhype foreign things in this country. Nobody takes Headies seriously because it's a Nigerian show. I know Headies got issues, but the Grammys aren't perfect either. They keep receiving criticism for rewarding popularity over content and giving the top categories to white artists. But Americans still take them seriously and that's why they're still existing. If it was a Nigerian show, we would have killed it by now cos everyone nominated would want to win. Olamide can never show arrogance at the Grammys.

I'm not hating o
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by Mairice125: 1:11pm On Mar 18, 2021
A Nigerian won a prestigious award ,see the way some Nigerians are hating,and trying to bring comparison between Davido Wiz and Burna .David Wiz likewise Burna are great musicians.As for burna is has been the most consistent ,he was rejected,called Igbo smoker , arrogant and so on .But same burna never had children from different baby mamas , focused on his music and ques what he won a Grammy ,which every sane musician from Nigeria has been wanting to win long long time .Little wonder ,wiz and 2baba featured him in their album .Burna is the best of his Generation has he has been proving it and will continue to do so!!!.

Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by Mairice125: 1:16pm On Mar 18, 2021
A Nigerian won a prestigious award ,see the way some Nigerians are hating,and trying to bring comparison between Davido Wiz and Burna .David Wiz likewise Burna are great musician s.As for burna is has been the most consistent ,he was rejected,called Igbo smoker , arrogant and so on .But same burna never had children from different baby mamas , focused on his music and ques what he won a Grammy ,which every sane musician from Nigeria has been wanting to win long long time .Little wonder ,wiz and 2baba featured him on their album .Burna is the best of his Generation has he has been proving it and will continue to do so!!!. Oya Do am if e easy!!!

Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 18, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Damn..

modified:
All these mf quoting me.. I never mentioned davido in my post neither did I say burna is a loser for winning it.. I don't do stanship.. I vibe to music I like.. carrying stanship for head are for people with low iQ.. all I'm pointing out is the way we are all celebrating the Grammy that is not even appreciated by their own people.. badboy timz, omay lay won headies but I didn't see all this accolades.. not even BET is celebrated like this

You made a lot of sense.

When will the Africans be completely freed from slavery?
U till we know we have the right to our own decisions too, that's when we have woken up from slumber.

World boxing federation. They created it

World Wrestling Federation . They created it.

Now, It doesn't matter if there is one strong man in Gambia or Zimbabwe that could beat both Hulk Hogan and The undertaker at the same time.

World beauty pageant is organized by them.
I was reading on the Wikipedia about Grammy Awards and it says. "Grammy Award is the greatest Music Award in the World"
Says who?
Says the whites who created it.

Is there a Police that we arrest us if we create anything "World this or that" in Africa?
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by Kingcalls: 1:25pm On Mar 18, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Damn..

modified:
All these mf quoting me.. I never mentioned davido in my post neither did I say burna is a loser for winning it.. I don't do stanship.. I vibe to music I like.. carrying stanship for head are for people with low iQ.. all I'm pointing out is the way we are all celebrating the Grammy that is not even appreciated by their own people.. badboy timz, omay lay won headies but I didn't see all this accolades.. not even BET is celebrated like this

Now, if the white call themselves supremacists, bkacks will start attacking them and calling them racists... the Caucasians are the most superior race on earth ... other races have endorsed them them going crazy when they win grammies or oscars ... so as every other means of life....

Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by delpee(f): 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2021
I learned that several Nigerians have won grammy awards over the years. Who has the details?

Meanwhile, kudos to Wiz and Burna boy.

Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by candygist: 1:39pm On Mar 18, 2021
ruffDiamond:
ah kid..sorry,I don't handy word with kid

.illiterate street one at that..go play with your mate bye

You sound like a sadist. I know why grin
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by ruffDiamond: 1:41pm On Mar 18, 2021
JamesChinn01:

About the bolded, can you throw more light on it? I like to know more.
bros,listen to me very carefully.. plagiarism in any FORM is one is a very serious crime elsewhere except in this lawless animals jungle called Nigeria! people have gone to jail because of that!infact I can Kill because of it!...I used to like tuface until I learnt about the piracy/song theft accusation debacle that later ensued between them..when tuface denied the allegations, I knew instinctiv,he was lying his ass out! we've been following these dudes since early 90s..so we know!Let somebody love you and African Queen is Blackface brainchild 100%!..by the time they broke up,tuface bbwas already into the idea and rushed to release the song!..it wasn't even intended as a group song..that was a bloody backstabbing right right there! akin to scammer stealing people earning not caring who got hurt ..Black tried to compensate for his loss by releasing 'my body' ..listen to it..but was was in nearly as effective.. now as for burna and co travellers..weedkid,Savage, etc these crooks have develop the infamous art of continually and subtly stealing the Afro beat legend work..which they called called sampling ..sampling what exactly?in those days in tupac and biggie sh1t time,it's called biting, niggas got killed for thst I'm yelling you, yeah ,tupac vs has.,snoop dog vs slick ,Rick(LA Di Da)..etc ..why the hell would you call your self a greative artiste and then start digging into others past work,remodeled same and put it out as yours? no credit given to the original creator? I don't remember Prof wole Soyinka or any of his contemporaries : sampling' other people work,everything is ORIGINAL! the kuti family I'm are fully aware of all this but seems to be silent...most of burna song reeks fela work from Ye to just about everything.. intelligence content theft is worse than armed robbery!
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:45pm On Mar 18, 2021
candygist:

Stone boy from Ghana grin
No European, Asian or American?
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by clothingonline(m): 1:56pm On Mar 18, 2021
Now burner is bigger than them all

Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by Babysho(m): 2:02pm On Mar 18, 2021
SmartPolician:
Forget Wizkid, na Burnaboy win the real Grammy.
Wizkid was just featured in a Beyonce's song.
Either way, congrats to both of them.

You're confused
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by April4th(m): 2:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:
Still waiting for 9ice grammy award

In Shao Khan’s voice “don’t make laugh” he wan go steal am grin grin grin

Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by afube: 2:14pm On Mar 18, 2021
PHijo:

Storrryyyy!!!!!

Why didn't they refuse to collect it when they first got the award?

The award helps establish musicians in America and that is why it matters. America also remains the most important music market across the globe and that is why it matters.

The Grammy is not some Lagos based 'award' without structure, that is fuelled by ethnic bigotry and sentiments. This one largely dwells on technicalities.

Yorubas Achilles heel has always being their barefaced ethnic bias aside that they are cool !

Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by AdakaBoro8(m): 2:17pm On Mar 18, 2021
Damini Ogulu aka the burna boy. Ijaw son keep making us proud.. Some landlocked people cant achieve this feats sef... Mtchew.
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by Eriokanmi: 2:19pm On Mar 18, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:
Since he missed out on "African Queen" track, I doubt if his time isn't gone yet. He has diminished so much in active music. For him to win, he needs great energy with a global touch. Burna and whizzy had shown that in recent years... with their music always topping the music charts
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by PHijo(m): 2:20pm On Mar 18, 2021
afube:

Yorubas Achilles heel has always being their barefaced ethnic bias aside that they are cool !

The irony is that they behave like the ostrich. Hide their face in sand thinking their body is covered too.
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by TechSkill: 2:34pm On Mar 18, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Damn..

modified:
headies lost credibility cos of politics involved

Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by PHijo(m): 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2021
Olodo24:
Burna Boy won a category that isn't highly celebrated. Take it or leave it, he still won't be on Billboard. Artists from other countries have been winning Grammys in top categories without making any noise. It's a good thing he won, but we love to overhype foreign things in this country. Nobody takes Headies seriously because it's a Nigerian show. I know Headies got issues, but the Grammys aren't perfect either. They keep receiving criticism for rewarding popularity over content and giving the top categories to white artists. But Americans still take them seriously and that's why they're still existing. If it was a Nigerian show, we would have killed it by now cos everyone nominated would want to win. Olamide can never show arrogance at the Grammys.

I'm not hating o

He can charge organizers more and that is what matters!
I no get time to reply all you wrote, I no get time for that una kontri, 9ja make una continue to dey spoil am!
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by liveyourlife007(m): 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Damn..

modified:
Nobody even knows you, you just typing in Oblivion, abi who don win ANY award for your generation before, see this fool saying Grammy is Just a wooden piece,

Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by jimyjames(m): 2:45pm On Mar 18, 2021
ruffDiamond:
a thief celebrating another thief.. if know u sabi...fela thunder go still burst that burna blokos....useless racist/padi padi award..something wet Kanye sh1t on top inside toilet..burna ole! tell the world you been stealing Fela song! over sampling kill you there! I hate Intelligent Content thief

Bob Marley's children won multiple Grammys working hard to follow their fathers footsteps

Fela's children didn't work hard enough, Burna boy did what fela's children should have done, he worked hard for it he deserve the Grammy
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by KenModi(m): 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Damn..

modified:

No mind Nigerians, people wey get sense for this our country no pass seven.
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by jimyjames(m): 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
Damini Ogulu aka the burna boy. Ijaw son keep making us proud.. Some landlocked people cant achieve this feats sef... Mtchew.
And he has never claimed ijaw or sang a word in ijaw? Attachy by force grin
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by Andex009(m): 3:20pm On Mar 18, 2021
ruffDiamond:
bros,listen to me very carefully.. plagiarism in any FORM is one is a very serious crime elsewhere except in this lawless animals jungle called Nigeria! people have gone to jail because of that!infact I can Kill because of it!...I used to like tuface until I learnt about the piracy/song theft accusation debacle that later ensued between them..when tuface denied the allegations, I knew instinctiv,he was lying his ass out! we've been following these dudes since early 90s..so we know!Let somebody love you and African Queen is Blackface brainchild 100%!..by the time they broke up,tuface bbwas already into the idea and rushed to release the song!..it wasn't even intended as a group song..that was a bloody backstabbing right right there! akin to scammer stealing people earning not caring who got hurt ..Black tried to compensate for his loss by releasing 'my body' ..listen to it..but was was in nearly as effective.. now as for burna and co travellers..weedkid,Savage, etc these crooks have develop the infamous art of continually and subtly stealing the Afro beat legend work..which they called called sampling ..sampling what exactly?in those days in tupac and biggie sh1t time,it's called biting, niggas got killed for thst I'm yelling you, yeah ,tupac vs has.,snoop dog vs slick ,Rick(LA Di Da)..etc ..why the hell would you call your self a greative artiste and then start digging into others past work,remodeled same and put it out as yours? no credit given to the original creator? I don't remember Prof wole Soyinka or any of his contemporaries : sampling' other people work,everything is ORIGINAL! the kuti family I'm are fully aware of all this but seems to be silent...most of burna song reeks fela work from Ye to just about everything.. intelligence content theft is worse than armed robbery!
Mention One artist that doesn't sample people's music. 2PAC sampled alot of music also. California love is a sample of Joe cocker's woman to woman and zapp's dance floor. even his popular hit 'em up is also a sampled music. Biggie aint a saint either in sampling people's music. Juicy, hypnotize, big poppa, mo money mo problem etc r all sampled music. Even the late king of pop( Michael Jackson ) or late king of rock and roll ( Elvis Presley ) sampled pple's music. all ur accusations hold no water. Give Burna d credit e deserves.
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by JamesChinn01: 3:49pm On Mar 18, 2021

ruffDiamond:
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by Mvena(f): 4:06pm On Mar 18, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Damn..

modified:
Mtcheww
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by Mvena(f): 4:06pm On Mar 18, 2021
SmartPolician:
Forget Wizkid, na Burnaboy win the real Grammy.
Wizkid was just featured in a Beyonce's song.
Either way, congrats to both of them.
Waaaaaaaaaaa
Re: 2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award by adedayoa2(f): 4:13pm On Mar 18, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:
and Idris

Imeh Okon Grabbing His Wife, Pictured With Children / 2face, Paul Okoye And Timaya Pictured Having Fun Together (photos) / Oritse Femi's New Haircut For His Traditional Wedding (Photo)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107