Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

The Price That Jesus Paid, For Our Salvation. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Price That Jesus Paid, For Our Salvation. (611 Views)

₦100m Was Paid For My Release - Samuel Uche (Methodist Cleric) / COZA Celebrates Easter With "Jesus Paid It All" Event!!! / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Price That Jesus Paid, For Our Salvation. by Kingdomtruth: 3:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
So, I'm back again to talk about what Jesus Christ did for our salvation I.e the price He paid and how He paid it, for our deliverance and salvation today. I realised that: most of us as Christians are ignorant of the truth regarding our salvation. The truth is that: without the knowledge of what was done and how it was done for us to be freed from the operation and tyranny of sin(FLESH) in our lives, we won't be able to appreciate to a reasonable degree; the sacrifice as it were and see the depth of the PRICE exactly for what it is.

I know for sure however, that: only when we know the truth; shall we be saved by it. See John 8:32. But, how can we be saved by the truth; when we don't even know it.
Because I've come to understand that: a lot of us are Christians only on paper but not in practise. We seem to think that: to be a Christian is just a title rather than a lifestyle. But, I put it to us that: it is by far more than that, instead, it is a deliberate work with the Lord aimed at becoming conformed to the image and likeness of Christ Jesus. See Romans 8:29.

THE REASON FOR HIS COMING.

God had no reason for sending Christ Jesus into the world, but for you and me. It was obvious prior to His coming that we were all set for doom. All of us. But, God in His LOVE and MERCY, prepared a body for Him in the form of HUMAN and sent Him for just only one purpose. And that one purpose, was for Him to DIE in order to set us free from the power of sin(FLESH) and to give us victory over DEATH See 1 Corinthians 15:56. You can do well to revert to my previous thread on my profile and read about the FLESH.

WHAT WAS OFFERED FOR OUR SALVATION AND DELIVERANCE.

God knew that: no human activity(ies) would suffice to be able to set us free from sin(FLESH). He knew that: Just as a married woman is bound to the LAW of marriage to be with her husband together forever until death separate them; in the same way, we were all bound to sin(FLESH) forever and ever, to live in sin and its tyranny until we all DIE. But, thank God, who gave us this VICTORY through the sacrife of the BODY of Christ Jesus, by which we are saved. See the same 1 Corinthians 15:56. YES, you saw it well. It was by the offering of the PHYSICAL BODY of Christ Jesus that we are all freed and delivered today from sin.

HOW IT ALL HAPPENED.

Christ Jesus was without sin. But, for our sake, God made Him to become sin for us to share our sinful nature with us for the purpose of DEATH in order that we might become the righteousness of God by our union with Him. See 2Corinthians 5:21.
In dealing with sin(FLESH) however, Jesus Christ at the garden of 'GETHSEMANE', drank from the cup of suffering which was a symbol of our FLESH, after this, He declared that: Sorrow and anguish came over Him. Then, He prayed and declared that: not His will but the will of God be done. Note at this point,that: He had taken the FLESH(our sinful nature) in Him. And because of that, the holy spirit left Him, because the spirit and the flesh do not live together. where the SPIRIT is present, the FLESH disappears and vice versa. Just as light and darkness do not live together. Reason He declared that sorrow and anguish came over Him. Having taken this FLESH( our sinful nature) in His PHYSICAL BODY, with all its inherent suffering, beating, mockery and embarrassment; He endured all in order to take it to the cross and nail it there on the cross. He did this for two main reasons:
1) To destroy sin(FLESH) in our mortal bodies
2) To forgive all our individual sins with their various curses that were heaped on us because of disobedience.
All these, He achieved for our sake through the sacrifice of His body on the cross for us. Need I say that: Christ Jesus had no business dieing on the cross, if not for our sins so that through GRACE we might become the righteousness of God.

As He died on the CROSS, everything in Him died including the our FLESH(sinful nature) that He carried in Him to the CROSS. So that: as we believe in Him and accept Him into our lives, we automatically share in His death, so that we no longer have to die to our respective FLESH(ES), but that, through Him, we believe we have become death and freed to our sinful natures respectively just as He died and was freed from His. Because only death, will set us free from the FLESH. See Romans 7:6. But here, we see that: if we had died to our FLESH as individuals; it would've been destruction for ever and ever for us in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone. See 1Corinthians 15:50. but, God in His mercy, achieved this through His son; so that while we were still sinners, He died the death that we ought to die, in order to set us free to be able to live for God and become His righteousness through our union with Christ.

Furthermore, it is instructive to know that: as important as His death was, our salvation was still not completed. Until the moment He died, was buried and resurrected. After His resurrection, He was then raised to GLORY and was given the power by God His Father to become the author of salvation. So that, only HE has the power to save all those that BELIEVE in Him.See John 3:16.

OUR HOPE AS CHRISTIANS.

Now as Christians, we have this one HOPE which is very fundamental and sure that: just as He died, was buried and raised to life, we too who BELIEVE in Him would be raised to life and live for ever and ever with Him at His second appearing. See1 Corinthians 15:22-23.

Finally, brothers and sister, this is our HOPE in Christ Jesus. Without Him, you can't live the way God wants you to live. For it is after you have confessed that :"He is LORD and you BELIEVE in your heart that He died and was raised by God" that, He would come into your LIFE by the power of the same spirit that resurrected Him from death and He would give you the power called GRACE to live in righteous the way God wants you to live. Else, there's no other way. The FLESH has to go. Else, trying to please God and experiencing His power in your Life would be as impossible as you telling a man to give birth to a baby. It is actually that impossible. The very reason why Christ told His disciples that: with man it is impossible, but nothing is impossible with God. Only in Christ Jesus can we be saved, and only in Him do we have the power( GRACE) to sustain our salvation. Because, we are FLESH but the LAW is SPIRIT.So, only by the power of the HOLY SPIRIT found in Christ Jesus can we be saved. Thanks and God bless us all...Shalom!

1 Like

Re: The Price That Jesus Paid, For Our Salvation. by budaatum: 3:32pm On Mar 18, 2021
God knew that: no human activity(ies) would suffice to be able to set us free from sin(FLESH).

Actually, I would say God wanted us to learn from human activity so God made the Word Flesh and sent God's Begotten Son to live amongst us to teach us the perfect human way to live, but we crucify Christ everyday and refuse to learn.

If we ask and seek and knock with all our hearts and soul and minds and being until we understand the Word, we will set ourselves free from sin.
Re: The Price That Jesus Paid, For Our Salvation. by Kingdomtruth: 7:12pm On Mar 18, 2021
budaatum:

Actually, I would say God wanted us to learn from human activity so God made the Word Flesh and sent God's Begotten Son to live amongst us to teach us the perfect human way to live, but we crucify Christ everyday and refuse to learn.

If we ask and seek and knock with all our hearts and soul and minds and being until we understand the Word, we will set ourselves free from sin.

Hmmm! good evening ma/sir. So I'm curious and really want to know.
1) Is FLESH just a mere word pointing us to human activity or a power behind such human activity? pls I want to know.

2) Do you mean that when we ask, seek, knock, with all our hearts, souls, minds and beings we can understand the word of God and eventually set ourselves free by ourselves without the GRACE of God? pls I need answer...thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Price That Jesus Paid, For Our Salvation. by budaatum: 8:30pm On Mar 18, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

Hmmm! good evening ma/sir. So I'm curious and really want to know.
1) Is FLESH just a mere word pointing us to human activity or a power behind such human activity? pls I want to know.
The op referred to it as "sin(FLESH)", so it is safe to assume more than just the mere physical flesh is meant. But perhaps let us see it as that which motivates us humans to do the evil we do and be sinful.

Kingdomtruth:
2) Do you mean that when we ask, seek, knock, with all our hearts, souls, minds and beings we can understand the word of God and eventually set ourselves free by ourselves without the GRACE of God? pls I need answer...thanks.

"Without the GRACE", lol.

Imagine all the effort done by the so many people who laboured through the centuries to put the so called Word of God into your hands so you can read it. Did you deserve it or it is not by Grace that they laboured on your behalf?

And now tell me if it is not your duty, after all the work they have done to put the Word of God in your hands, for you to try with all your heart and might and soul and being to understand it so that by the Grace of God you may be free from sin?
Re: The Price That Jesus Paid, For Our Salvation. by Kingdomtruth: 12:25am On Mar 19, 2021
budaatum:

The op referred to it as "sin(FLESH)", so it is safe to assume more than just the mere physical flesh is meant. But perhaps let us see it as that which motivates us humans to do the evil we do and be sinful.

"Without the GRACE", lol.

Imagine all the effort done by the so many people who laboured through the centuries to put the so called Word of God into your hands so you can read it. Did you deserve it or it is not by Grace that they laboured on your behalf?

And now tell me if it is not your duty, after all the work they have done to put the Word of God in your hands, for you to try with all your heart and might and soul and being to understand it so that by the Grace of God you may be free from sin?

I think I got your point now...But you sounded initially as though you meant that: one could just work out a way through those self induced effort to understand the word and eventual become sin free as a result.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Price That Jesus Paid, For Our Salvation. by budaatum: 12:36am On Mar 19, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

I think I got your point now...But you sounded initially as though you meant that: one could just work out a way through those self induced effort to understand the word and eventual become sin free as a result.
You got my point because you did not allow yourself to be blinded by your initial perceptions (beliefs) and instead induced the effort (became as a child) and asked questions to seek to understand.

If you had not done so, buda could have made your flesh sin by becoming your enemy, but by Grace, I now love you.

The Word is powerful, Kingdomtruth. To some is to merely believe. But to some is to do the work to understand the Gospel.
Re: The Price That Jesus Paid, For Our Salvation. by Kingdomtruth: 10:28am On Mar 19, 2021
budaatum:

You got my point because you did not allow yourself to be blinded by your initial perceptions (beliefs) and instead induced the effort (became as a child) and asked questions to seek to understand.

If you had not done so, buda could have made your flesh sin by becoming your enemy, but by Grace, I now love you.

The Word is powerful, Kingdomtruth. To some is to merely believe. But to some is to do the work to understand the Gospel.

Smiles! Funny you though...Good morning and do have a great ahead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Price That Jesus Paid, For Our Salvation. by budaatum: 10:52am On Mar 19, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

Smiles! Funny you though...Good morning and do have a great ahead.

With you smiling, it's a great ahead already.

Good morning.

1 Like

Re: The Price That Jesus Paid, For Our Salvation. by Kingdomtruth: 11:29am On Mar 19, 2021
budaatum:

With you smiling, it's a great ahead already.

Good morning.

Smiles again! Thanks a lot and do know that God loves and cares soo much about you...Shalom!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

RCCG Prophecies For 2022 - Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Prophet MKO Tibetan Shocking Revelation On Murphy Afolabi's Death And More Nolly / Only A Useless Father Will Create Satan To Torment His Children.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.