Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli (10073 Views)

Osinbajo, Gowon, Jonathan, Others Attend Shonekan’s Funeral / Buhari, Jonathan, Others Congratulate Tinubu At 68 / Buhari, Jonathan, Shonekan, Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar Meet In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by fergie001: 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2021
PRESIDENT BUHARI MOURNS TANZANIAN PRESIDENT, JOHN POMBE MAGUFULI

President Muhammadu Buhari joins Government and people of Republic of Tanzania in mourning the passing of President John Pombe Magufuli, 61, whose legacy of patriotism and dedication to the African course will continue to resonate across the continent.

The President believes the late Tanzanian President’s courage and love for his country inspired various reforms that generations will continue to celebrate, which include the challenging decision to reduce size and cost of governance, insistence on a people focused budget, with clear priorities on education and health, and consistently fighting profligacy and frivolities in public expenditures.

President Buhari affirms that the former Tanzanian leader spent most of his life serving the country and humanity, with a rich pedigree of working as a school teacher, and rising steadily in public service as Member of Parliament, Deputy Minister of Works, Minister of Works, Minister of Lands and Human Settlement and Minister of Livestock and Fisheries.

The President extends condolences to the family of the late visionary leader of Tanzania, his friends and associates, and all citizens of the country, trusting God to comfort them.

President Buhari prays for repose of the soul of the deceased.

Garba Shehu

I'm sorry to hear that @MagufuliJP, President of Tanzania, has passed away. My thoughts are with his loved ones and the people of Tanzania.

The UK PM, Boris Johnson

A Condolence Message To The Government and People of Tanzania

A bright star has been plucked from the African continent. President John Magufuli of Tanzania was a man I knew quite well, due to my frequent visits to Tanzania for the advancement of democracy in Africa.

I found in him a true partner in democracy and a patriot who loved his country and did his best to steer the ship of state away from the brink and to the bank of the river of peace, progress and prosperity.

Tanzania has been blessed in the area of leadership and has enjoyed consistent stability because of men like Mwalimu Julius Nyerere, and his worthy successors like the late John Magufuli, and it is my hope and prayers that that beautiful and determined nation will continue this tradition.

My condolences to his family, especially First Lady Janeth Magufuli, and their children, as well as the government and people of Tanzania. My thoughts go out also to his party, Chama Cha Mapinduzi.

May God grant his soul repose, and may He comfort the grieving nation.

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan
President of Nigeria, 2010-2015.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

PRESIDENTIAL PROCLAMATION
-With Respect To￾THE DEATH OF DR. JOHN POMBE MAGUFULI
(President of the United Republic of Tanzania)
SOLEMNLY ISSUED AT STATE HOUSE, NAIROBI
ON THE 18TH DAY OF MARCH, 2021

My Fellow Citizens and to the People of East African Community, I have learnt with profound sorrow and immense sadness of the untimely passing of my Dear Brother, His Excellency John
Pombe Magufuli, President of the United Republic of Tanzania.

On behalf of the Government and People of Kenya, I convey our sincere condolences to the First Lady of Tanzania, H.E. Mrs.Janet Magufuli, their children and his entire family; and affirm our deep solidarity with the Government and People of Tanzania during this challenging time. Tanzania remains in our thoughts and
prayers.

Africa and the world has, indeed, lost an illustrious leader; whose vision, passion, and immense leadership propelled the Nation of Tanzania forward, and also steered the East African Community to closer integration and cooperation. On the continental stage, the Late President Magufuli was a champion of
pan-Africanism.

In the passing on of President Magufuli, I have lost a friend, a colleague, and a visionary ally; whom I worked with closely, particularly on our commitment to forge lasting bonds between
Kenya and Tanzania.

IN HONOUR OF THE LIFE of His Excellency the Late President John Pombe Magufuli; and in recognition of his strong legacy; and in solidarity with our Brothers and Sisters in the United Republic of Tanzania, the wider EAC and the whole of Africa who are in deep mourning following the loss of an outstanding son
of Africa:

THEREFORE, I, UHURU KENYATTA, under the authority vested in me as the President of the Republic of Kenya, do hereby ORDER and DIRECT: -

I. THAT in testimony of the high esteem in which the People of Kenya hold President John Pombe Magufuli, the Republic of Kenya will observe a period of Seven (7) days of national mourning; and

II. THAT as a symbol of our enduring respect for the fallen President, as well as our solemn solidarity with the Nation and People of the United Republic of Tanzania; the Flag of the East African Community and the Flag of the Republic of Kenya shall be flown at half-mast
at all Public Buildings and Public Grounds, and wherever else throughout the entire territory of the Republic of Kenya and at all of Kenya’s Diplomatic Missions abroad; from forenoon on this 18th March, 2021 until sunset on the day of the Funeral.

May the Soul of President John Magufuli rest in
eternal peace.

ISSUED under the HAND AND SEAL of the PRESIDENT, at State House, Nairobi, on this Eighteenth Day of March in the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Twenty-One.

UHURU KENYATTA,
President.

State House, Kenya

I have, with great sadness, learnt of the death of His Excellency John Pombe Magufuli. He was a pragmatic leader who believed in and worked for the economic empowerment of East Africans. We join Tanzania in mourning the passing of a great son of Africa. May his soul rest in peace

Uganda President, Yoweri Museveni

I am terribly saddened to learn of the passing of my friend & brother H.E John Pombe Magufuli, President of the United Republic of #Tanzania. My thoughts & prayers go out to the Government and People of Tanzania & his Family for the loss of a Great Leader, a true Panafricanist.

Burundi President, Evariste Ndayishimiye

My sincere condolences to the people and Government of #Tanzania on the passing of President John Pombe Magufuli. May he Rest In Peace.

Ethiopia PM, Abiy Ahmed Ali

On the Passing of John Magufuli

We extend our condolences to Tanzanians mourning the passing of President John Pombe Magufuli. We will continue to work with the Government of Tanzania to improve ties between the American and Tanzanian people. The United States remains committed to continuing to support Tanzanians as they advocate for respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms and work to combat the COVID-19 pandemic. We hope that Tanzania can move forward on a democratic and prosperous path.

US State Department

I am terribly saddened by the passing away of my very dear friend and brother, President John Magufuli of Tanzania. A very committed leader. He worked tirelessly for the development of Tanzania. I will greatly miss you and your drive and passion for Africa’s development. RIP���

Akinwunmi Adesina, AfdB President

The African Union family is united in grief with the Govt&People of #Tanzania by the untimely passing of H.E. President John Pombe Magufuli. Africa has lost a champion of regional cooperation in the East African region and a committed Pan Africanist leader. May he rest in peace.

AU Commission Chairperson, Moussa Faki Mahamat

We are saddened by the loss of my brother and friend, President Magufuli. His contribution to his country & to our region will not be forgotten. My deepest condolences to his family and the people of Tanzania. The people of Rwanda stand with Tanzania during this difficult time.

Rwanda President, Paul Kagame

On behalf of me and the Government and nation of Somalia, I will like to extend our heartfelt condolences to the United Republic of Tanzania for the loss of President John Magufuli. We wish the nation and the Government patience and stability in this period of prayer and mourning.

Somali President, Mohammed Farmaajo

Tanzania has lost a Patriot and Namibia lost a Dear Brother. Namibia joins the fraternal people of Tanzania in mourning the death of my Dear Brother, President John Magufuli. During this difficult period, I convey sincere condolences to the family and the people of Tanzania.

Namibia President, Hage Geingob

His Majesty the Sultan sends a cable of condolences to the Vice President of the United Republic of #Tanzania, on the death of the Tanzanian President, John Magufuli.

Foreign Ministry of Oman

We express our heartfelt condolences to the People of Tanzania for the sensitive physical loss of their President, John Pombe Joseph Magufuli. A big fraternal hug and all the solidarity to your relatives, friends and brothers of Mother Africa.

Venezuelan President, Nicolas Maduro

President Cyril Ramaphosa express his deep sadness at the passing of His Excellency President John Pombe Magufuli of the United Republic of Tanzania. President Magufuli passed away on 17 March in Dar es Salaam hospital at the age of 61.

Pumzika kwa amani President Magufuli ��

South African Government

"President Magufuli was a towering symbol of Africa's economic resurgence and his passing is an incalculable loss to the continent. Malawi will join Tanzania in mourning in the next 14 days,.."
What a loss to Africa.

President of Malawi, Dr. Lazarus Chakwera

We express our deepest and sincere condolence to the government and the great People of the United republic of Tanzania on the sad loss of their president Dr John Pombe Magufuli.

We stand in solidarity with the people of Tanzania during this time.

Somaliland in Kenya

My deepest condolences to the family of His Excellency President John Magufuli and the people of Tanzania. Africa mourns with you.

May his soul rest in peace.

Zimbabwe President, Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa

We join our brothers and sisters in Tanzania in mourning the death of H.E President John Pombe Magufuli. He was a leader who believed in the prosperity of Tanzania and Africa. Our sincere condolence.

Regional Director East and horn of Africa, Mohammed Abdiker

The World Bank Group extends deep condolences to the people of Tanzania in mourning the passing of President John Magufuli. As a teacher and leader, he devoted his life to the service of his country and his passing is a great loss. May he rest in eternal peace.

World Bank Tanzania

My heartfelt condolences to the people of the United Republic of Tanzania on losing President John Pombe Magufuli. Eternal repose

Bobi Wine

My heartfelt condolences to the family, friends and people Of Tanzania following the sudden demise of President John Pombe Magufuli, praying for strength and unity during this difficult time ���#RIPMagufuli

Kenya National football team Captain, Victor Wanyama

Our heartfelt condolences to the family, friends and people Of Tanzania following the sudden demise of President John Pombe Magufuli ��� #RIPMagufuli

Sauti Sol

#RIPMagufuli

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by Banmeallday: 5:01pm On Mar 18, 2021
Where is Buhari....talking from papers...

Fools

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by NwaNimo1(m): 5:01pm On Mar 18, 2021
President Buhari prays for repose of the soul of the deceased.

[img]https://media./images/0898ab15f39d1e2db994a23d1c4a2480/tenor.gif[/img]

(yeah....right!)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by Anigreat: 5:04pm On Mar 18, 2021
shocked

Alright...

Jubril keep mourning African leaders that passed on, I don't know when other African leaders will mourn Jubril and sending their condolences to Nigerians.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by Homeboiy: 5:08pm On Mar 18, 2021
grin

Rip magafuli
Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by Righteousness2(m): 5:23pm On Mar 18, 2021
The Greatest African leader in modern times.
President John Pombe Joseph Magufuli.
He led the Nation by Pratical Examples not by mouth talks like we see in our country.

From reports , Through out his tenure as President, he only traveled to 2 nations ( Rwanda and Kenya)

He cut off Government officials traveling unnecessarily.

Refused the Chinese loans that would have mortgaged his People.

Alhaji Aliko Dangote can talk about him because he has felt and seen the uprightness and Patriotism of the man in the course of Doing Dangote business in Tanzania.

Refused to get funds from business men during his campaign because he didn't want to restricted in any way. Business men had to cough out their taxes by force.

He was able to put out Infrastructures never seen in tanzania since independence.

He refused to Shut down the Country because majority of the people in Tanzania are daily earners and Shutting down the country would have paralyzed them.

He Showed Pratical Faith in GOD that even Some Religious leaders could not show.

Loved his Country so so so much .

The whole Nation are Mourning so much!

I have had Course to visit the country Severally.
I must say tho his policies did not Favour me personally in my quest for some dealings there, yet I Salute this man. You can call him a Hard man , this or that, but He is a rare uncommon African Leader.

Adieu Sir President John Pombe Joseph Magufuli!
I Respect you!
I Don't know if Tanzania would ever have a leader as this.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by shegzhkn: 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2021
Lol
Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by Pele10: 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2021
It has been reveal that,it was a mistake by the angel of death.he was to carry out the assigment in nigeria, but he made and error so it had to happen in tanzania.but no need to worry the error will soon be rectified.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by shegzhkn: 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
Righteousness2:
President John Pombe Magufuli!
He led the Nation by Pratical Examples not by mouth talks like we see in our country.

From reports , Through out his tenure as President, he only traveled to 2 nations ( Rwanda and Kenya)

Refused to get funds from business men during his campaign because he didn't want to restricted in any way. Business men had to cough out their taxes by force.

He was able to put out Infrastructures never seen in tanzania since independence.

He refused to Shut down the Country because majority of the people in Tanzania are daily earners and Shutting down the country would have paralyzed them.

He Showed Pratical Faith in GOD that even Some Religious leaders could not show.

Loved his Country so much .

I must say tho his policies did not Favour me personally in my quest for some dealings there, yet I Salute this man. You can call him a Hard man , this or that, but He is a rare uncommon African Leader.

Adieu Sir!

mtscheeeeew, no wonder you are a brainwashed religious Trump worshiping nutcase.
Dude was a bad news, basic human right, freedom of speech, tolerance of dissent were all inexistent in the country when he was leading the country.

Why TF do black man love leaders who rule with iron fist and those who have contempt for the rule of law that holds leaders accountable ??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
If Buhari dies, the way most Nigerians go take happy eh grin
post=99994864]

Kids
Becareful what you wish for in life.
Someone that wished the same thing for him actually paid with the lives of his parents (3 months apart, a very very sad incident).

We pray that will never ever be your portion in life.
Once more,
Becareful what you wish for.

Naso.
He lived a good life.
[/quote]
[quote author=airminem
:
How old are you? Why do you think you can speak for Nigerians
Calm down, I wish death to no one, I'm just stating the honest truth. Most people dislike Buhari. Look at when Abba Kyari died, hardly did Nigerians show sympathy.
They made mockery of him, even to the point of creating a Twitter hashtag to crack jokes.
I've modified my comment to most Nigerians
Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by Bampeh: 6:10pm On Mar 18, 2021
RIP Mr President, we heard about your good works.
Only people with lack of wisdom thinks they will not die. Dust we came from dust we shall return to.

bampeh bids him farewell.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by airminem(f): 6:11pm On Mar 18, 2021
He was a great man. Rip
Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by fergie001: 6:12pm On Mar 18, 2021
Righteousness2:
President John Pombe Magufuli!

Loved his Country so much .

Adieu Sir!
You know the man.....travelled to 9...all excepting S/Africa are within the Eastern Africa Bloc.

He stopped Independence day celebrations and insisted it becomes a National Clean up exercise day in furtherance to the fight against Cholera.

Cut Ministers from 30 to 19. Stopped foreign trips.

May he RIP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by WoundedLamb: 6:13pm On Mar 18, 2021
RIP to him.
Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by airminem(f): 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2021
Nairalandian:
If Buhari dies, the way Nigerians go take happy eh grin
How old are you? Why do you think you can speak for Nigerians

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by vickydevoka(m): 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2021
Nairalandian:
Is he still alive?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by mmadu4: 6:15pm On Mar 18, 2021
what about the thousand of people that have died from insecurity beginning of this year alone why wont buhari mourn them or visit their families i guess they dont mean a thing .
Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by Olarewaju89: 6:15pm On Mar 18, 2021
God, pls don't forget Nig

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:16pm On Mar 18, 2021
From all of us @[color=#006600][/color] : REST in peace great man.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by echerrem(m): 6:16pm On Mar 18, 2021
The Greatest African leader in modern times. President John Pombe Magufuli! He led the Nation by Pratical Examples not by mouth talks like we see in our country. From reports , Through out his tenure as President, he only traveled to 2 nations ( Rwanda and Kenya) He cut off Government officials traveling unnecessarily. Refused the Chinese loans that would have mortgaged his People. Refused to get funds from business men during his campaign because he didn't want to restricted in any way. Business men had to cough out their taxes by force. He was able to put out Infrastructures never seen in tanzania since independence. He refused to Shut down the Country because majority of the people in Tanzania are daily earners and Shutting down the country would have paralyzed them. He Showed Pratical Faith in GOD that even Some Religious leaders could not show. Loved his Country so much .

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:17pm On Mar 18, 2021
Nairalandian:
VictorUSA:
The question is this: when are we going to mourn buhari?
Kids,
Becareful what you wish for in life.
Someone that wished the same thing for him actually paid with the lives of his parents (3 months apart, a very very sad incident).
And you are here praying for some children's father, husband. Grandpa to die?

We pray that will never ever be your portion in life.
Once more,

Becareful what you wish for.

airminem:
He was a great man. Rip
Naso.
He lived a good life.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by visijo(m): 6:17pm On Mar 18, 2021
The fastest way to be hated in Nigeria is by doing more than 2 transactions at the ATM.�

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by DSC7: 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2021
Eeeeyyyaaa.......

Death sha.....

Anybody that wants our darling daddy to die it is your president that will Die...
Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2021
No need crying when someone dies nah. Shebi them say the person go become "spirit" for heaven. So no need for condolences. Everybody wan go heaven but when anyone survives accident, na to do Thanksgiving for church say God deliver them from death. Even mumu pastors .... All of them go say death isn't their "portion", even pastors dey praise God if them survive accident, while na Dem still say na heaven we good people dey enter when we die. Na wah o see deceit.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by Andyvilly: 6:20pm On Mar 18, 2021
RIP to him, commiserate with the Tanzanian people, Nigeria government can just package me and send me to them as condolence�

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Jonathan, Others Mourn Dr. John Pombe Magufuli by VictorUSA(m): 6:21pm On Mar 18, 2021
The question is this: when are we going to mourn buhari?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Semiu Adeniran As New Statistician-general / PDP Campaign Rally In Gummi, Anka LGs, Zamfara State (Pictures) / Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.