Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,233 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

How Do I Learn Chess? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How Do I Learn Chess? (324 Views)

Nairaland Chess Players (Play a Nairalander) / Thread For Scrabble And Chess Lovers / CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Learn Chess? by DICKstractor: 8:14am On Mar 19, 2021
Hey guys

I have always wanted to learn chess for a very long time. Although I have no one to teach me. So, I took the bold step to get the chess board yesterday.

Now, the problem is how am I going to learn the basis.

Help me guys.

Is there any site to visit, a youtuber to follow or an app to download that will teach the basis to the core
Re: How Do I Learn Chess? by Hashabiah: 8:40am On Mar 19, 2021
Greetings. I suggest you download an application that teaches the fundamental moves, or you could google to find websites that can teach the basic fundamentals of each piece. From there, you can look for other applications like Personal Chess Trainer that teach more advance strategies.
Re: How Do I Learn Chess? by DICKstractor: 9:03am On Mar 19, 2021
Hashabiah:
Greetings. I suggest you download an application that teaches the fundamental moves, or you could google to find websites that can teach the basic fundamentals of each piece. From there, you can look for other applications like Personal Chess Trainer that teach more advance strategies.

Thanks for the response.

Do you have any application in mind
Re: How Do I Learn Chess? by Hashabiah: 10:10am On Mar 19, 2021
DICKstractor:

Thanks for the response.

Do you have any application in mind
Just visit google playstore. There are alot of chess tutor apps that can help you.

Peace
Re: How Do I Learn Chess? by ShopNextDoor: 10:38am On Mar 19, 2021
DICKstractor:
Hey guys

I have always wanted to learn chess for a very long time. Although I have no one to teach me. So, I took the bold step to get the chess board yesterday.

Now, the problem is how am I going to learn the basis.

Help me guys.

Is there any site to visit, a youtuber to follow or an app to download that will teach the basis to the core

Easiest way will be to find a Chess player or teacher around you.

The truth about Chess is learning the moves does not necessarily mean you have learned the game. The essence and beauty of the game requires a human assistant to reveal, in my opinion.

The good news is you seem motivated to learn. I have met and taught (the moves) to a dozen people who want to learn the game. Most of them see Chess as that prestigious game only a few play (which it is) and simply want to be part of that. They learn the moves but are unable to grasp the true essence of the game. There is a certain line they never cross. Whether it is due to a lack of passion/intelligence/flair, I cannot say.

All I know is, Chess is the most beautiful game there is but not everyone is wired to see the true essence of the game. An app can teach you the moves and rules, but can't teach you the essence of the game. And no, it is not similar to checkers or drought.

(1) (Reply)

Pubg/cod Triggers Available For Sale / Game Center / I Need To Buy Ps3 Pads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.