Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission (4544 Views)

Adebutu: I Lost Ogun Gov Election To Abiodun Because I Didn’t Shed Blood / Governor Dapo Abiodun Inaugurates 4.92Km Roads In Ado-Odo/Ota LG / Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by OriginalOmoOgun(f): 8:23am On Mar 19, 2021
Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State, on Thursday, swore-in the Chairman and members of the State Independent Electoral Commission (OGSIEC).

Abiodun, who spoke at the swearing in ceremony which held at the Executive Council Chambers, Governor’s Office, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, promised to leave behind a vibrant democratic arrangement that would outlive his administration.

According to him, the inauguration was a symbolic demonstration of his administration’s commitment to ensure democratic dividends got to the grassroots through electoral processes at the local government level.

He said his administration would continue to exert inclusiveness approach to fast track socio-economic development and social wellbeing of the people.

“We are determined to leave behind a vibrant democratic arrangement in our State that will outlive this administration. This will ensure that we have good Leadership at all levels which in turn ensure all round development for our State”, he said.

Describing election as an integral part of the norms and values of the modern world political civilization, Abiodun maintained that the absence of transparent, free and fair elections have contributed to the instability witnessed in some societies around the world.

He, however, promised that his administration would continue to provide conducive environment for the conduct of free and fair election at the local government level.

The Governor urged the Commission to ensure that the people at the local government were provided adequate platform to vote.

Also speaking, the Chairman of the Commission, Babatunde Adetona Osibodu promised that the commission under his watch would serve with humility.

Osibodu pledged that the Electoral Commission would conduct a free and fair election that would not only be a benchmark for the State, but the country as a whole.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/03/19/ogun-gov-abiodun-inaugurates-electoral-commission/

Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by SmartProf(m): 8:26am On Mar 19, 2021
Anything politics, these politicians are always very swift to act, but when it's time to act to protect lives and properties, provide basic amenities, jobs, including improving social welfare etc., our leaders become terribly clueless. What's the need for politics when majority of citizens are endangered and in continuous lack?
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by theTranslator: 8:28am On Mar 19, 2021
Nice
Abiodun is waking up

Even though he came to power with election fraud undecided
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by optionalY09: 8:30am On Mar 19, 2021
You guys are acting stupid because of selfishness.

My advise to My Yoruba brothers and sisters is to avoid registering to vote even if they give you money to register to their party do not mind them. This guys in political office are not greater than us the people.
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by Biyonce(f): 8:34am On Mar 19, 2021
Congratulations, can i be your special assistant.

Mo sexy pa wink

1 Like

Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:34am On Mar 19, 2021
Anything to move Nigeria forward all over is all we are after.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by TheDestroyer: 8:34am On Mar 19, 2021
This idiot has to be the most useless governor in the south west, your people are been displaced but your concern is politics. I hope the put a bullet in his head the day Sunday igboho and his boys start killing yoruba politicians as they promised angry
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by shiki(m): 8:34am On Mar 19, 2021
cheesy Electoral commissions our major problem in Nigeria
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by Xscape047: 8:34am On Mar 19, 2021
So what??
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by Folabifreeman(m): 8:35am On Mar 19, 2021
*Light's Kpoli*

Nuff said, Trust Naija politicians at ya own peril

*these politicians and soldiers dem be one and the same oo*

Folabi Freeman dey Hia so!
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by echerrem(m): 8:35am On Mar 19, 2021
He said his administration would continue to exert inclusiveness approach
to fast track socio-economic development and social wellbeing of the
people.
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by Anneka101(f): 8:35am On Mar 19, 2021
This governor should do fast and fix all the dilapidated roads in Ogun.

The roads in Otta is an eye sore! I can't imagine driving through those places.

Enough is enough.
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by Chigozieee: 8:35am On Mar 19, 2021
Selfish People everywhere!!

GET USDT FOR 497/$ AND SELL ON BINANCE FOR 515/$

Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by elmessiahs(m): 8:36am On Mar 19, 2021
kangaroo elections where they deceive themselves not me
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by theTranslator: 8:36am On Mar 19, 2021
Biyonce:

Mo sexy pa wink
Sorry we DONT trade in clitocurrency
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by RexTramadol1: 8:36am On Mar 19, 2021
Biyonce:

Mo sexy pa wink

On future matters?

1 Like

Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by mcmbonu: 8:36am On Mar 19, 2021
V
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:40am On Mar 19, 2021
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by ribealla: 8:40am On Mar 19, 2021
Na so all of una go promise say na free & fair election una go conduct
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by Dpharisee: 8:45am On Mar 19, 2021
Their job is to organise a shambolic Local Government elections where the ruling party wins 100% of Chairmanship and Counsellorship positions.

Instead of spending money on the LGA election normally boycotted by APC or PDP depending on which of those parties is ruling the state, just share the posts to the proteges and use that money to renovate schools in the state
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by echerrem(m): 8:52am On Mar 19, 2021
Describing election as an integral part of the norms and values of the
modern world political civilization, Abiodun
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by adesegun121(m): 8:52am On Mar 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by OakConsultNG: 8:53am On Mar 19, 2021
Okay
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by Lattop(m): 8:56am On Mar 19, 2021
After OGD, Dapo is another Ogun state Clue-less Governor

He has nothing to offer us at Ogun state

2 Likes

Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by Muhylonaire007: 9:06am On Mar 19, 2021
This Dapo ehn... Election that should have taken place since last year.. You see ehn.... Lemme just keep quiet
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by fasho01(m): 9:22am On Mar 19, 2021
Our system is flawed. How on earth is a stakeholder swearing in an umpire in a competition that he hs interests in?
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by Gbagura: 9:28am On Mar 19, 2021
Lattop:
After OGD, Dapo is another Ogun state Clue-less Governor

He has nothing to offer us at Ogun state
Funny enough they are both old friends and from the same part of the state. Clueless set of people.
Re: Ogun: Gov Abiodun Inaugurates Electoral Commission by Kingstanding: 9:46am On Mar 19, 2021
Biyonce:

Mo sexy pa wink
. Inbox me and I will connect you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

40% Of Nigerians Lack Access To Food, Says Don / A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State / Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.