Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,416 members, 7,781,209 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:40 AM

Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country (6660 Views)

Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? / Why Ipob Should Exclude Non-igbos From Biafra. / Did IMF Exclude Nigeria From 25 Nations Granted Debt Relief? (Fact Check) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 19, 2021
Obamaofusa:

Don't be dull.All the Nigerian leaders(excluding the premiers especially Awolowo) have been failures especially Buhari who has surpassed the failures of Jonathan.Analysing Nigeria and looking deeply,Nigeria cannot work mainly because of the North.It is pathetic but that is the naked and obvious truth.
Same awolowo that fought alongside the northerners to defeat biafra now you all are screaming oduduwa, Oduduwa kee you dere. angry..After dragging the whole south into this buhari mess you are now crying foul, because buhari jilted the southweat, you must be mad o!

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Alba3: 6:26pm On Mar 19, 2021
EzeNri:
Lies from Yoruba media
Lies to you because you were not born then.

4 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by sharpwriter(m): 6:38pm On Mar 19, 2021
EzeNri:
Lagos Island is not part of Oodua Republic, only Ikorodu. If dey grab land that is not theirs, na fight be that.

Lagos is Bini land and Oduduwa can only claim it if Bini joins their republic.

It is like they are speaking fulfude or gwari or igbo language in lagos ba? When the time comes, go ahead and stop the warriors... Lol

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by AdekunleScience: 7:13pm On Mar 19, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

My brother Scots and Welsh have the same rights as English in any London or any other part of the UK. Also, putting racial discrimination aside, people of other races have the same right as English in London and in other parts of the UK, if not how can Sadiq Khan be elected mayor of London? Or how can Boris Johnson, whose grandfather was Turkish, be Prime Minister of UK?

Personally, I think the issue isn't how Yorubas get treated if they go to certain regions (which they hardly go to anyway). I think the issue is how people from other regions conduct themselves and embrace/respect the people and culture of the land when they come to Lagos. A Londoner is a Londoner and is always immensely proud of London irrespective of original ethnicity, and reps London anyway they go. A New Yorker is a New Yorker and is always immensely proud of New York irrespective of original ethnicity , and reps New York anyway they go. The same should apply with Lagos. You are either or Lagosian or not. Your heart has to be there. The power of cities like London, NewYork and Lagos(if it doesn't get derailed by ethnic warriors) is their vibrancy, multiculturalism and ability to attract the best talent from all over their countries and internationally. Unfortunately insularity and prosperity do not go well together.
One thing that people fail to acknowledge about so called cosmopolitan cities like NY, London, Paris is that the final say on important matters always rest with the indigenous people of that nation. They decide the level of political influence which non-indignous citizens have. For example, London and Tokyo are both cosmopolitan cities, with a sharp difference in non-indigenous political influence. Nonetheless, they are both higly susccessful cities. Lagos, Yorubaland is the only cosmopolitan city that I know of, where a certain group of non-indigenous citizens do not want the indigenous to enjoy the privileges that are applicable in all other cities of same status. Lagos does not have a different set of law for non-Yorubas. When Lagos' government pay WAEC exam fees, they do not exclude non-Yorubas. We've not taxed non-Yorubas differently, we don't pay them less. I can tell you that even your so called other cosmopolitan cities are far behind Lagos, in terms of equal opportunity for citizens. When you see or hear Yorubas like myself taking a radical stance on certain issues, you might think we are being driven by irrational ethnic sentiments, but I say to you that we are only trying to secure the future of our Yoruba descendants, because it appears that certain group of migrants are in Lagos/Yorubaland not to actually contribute to human civilization. This set of people say it publicly themselves that their intention is to subjugate Yorubas and take over our land.
The bottom-line is that the indigenous people reserve the right to determine the level of influence to be accorded to non-indigenous citizens. That's what is obtainble in NY, Tokyo, London, Paris, Onitcha, PH, Kano, Kaduna, etc. Nobody, can deny Yorubas same privilege in Lagos or any other part of Yorubaland.

5 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Christistruth00: 7:17pm On Mar 19, 2021
sharpwriter:

It is like they are speaking fulfude or gwari or igbo language in lagos ba? When the time comes, go ahead and stop the warriors... Lol

They want Biafra yet they can’t take their eyes off Yoruba Lagos

That was the very same mistake that led Ojukwu to his Waterloo at Ore

4 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Benwallt(m): 7:22pm On Mar 19, 2021
Akinsua would be wreething in pain in his grave. In case you don't know Akinsua was changed to Akensua in Benin. We don't even want the as the only thing they are good at is prostitution, inheritance and crime.
Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Christistruth00: 7:27pm On Mar 19, 2021
Alba3:

Why did entire Ibos run away during June 12?

Because they knew where home was

The funniest part was that no one was pursuing them when they all fled to the East.

5 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Christistruth00: 8:14pm On Mar 19, 2021
EzeNri:
Lagos Island is not part of Oodua Republic, only Ikorodu. If dey grab land that is not theirs, na fight be that.

Lagos is Bini land and Oduduwa can only claim it if Bini joins their republic.

For the one thousandth time oba of lagos himself telling you with his own mouth at 5.45 Minutes "Benin are not the owners of lagos”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno

lagos belongs to Awori Yoruba who are 100% Yoruba or is MC Oluomo who is Awori not Yoruba again?

Ojukwu declared Biafra yet he couldn’t take his eyes off Yoruba Lagos

That was the very same mistake that led Ojukwu and Biafra to their Waterloo at Ore

7 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 10:05pm On Mar 19, 2021
AdekunleScience:
One thing that people fail to acknowledge about so called cosmopolitan cities like NY, London, Paris is that the final say on important matters always rest with the indigenous people of that nation. They decide the level of political influence which non-indignous citizens have. For example, London and Tokyo are both cosmopolitan cities, with a sharp difference in non-indigenous political influence. Nonetheless, they are both higly susccessful cities. Lagos, Yorubaland is the only cosmopolitan city that I know of, where a certain group of non-indigenous citizens do not want the indigenous to enjoy the privileges that are applicable in all other cities of same status. Lagos does not have a different set of law for non-Yorubas. When Lagos' government pay WAEC exam fees, they do not exclude non-Yorubas. We've not taxed non-Yorubas differently, we don't pay them less. I can tell you that even your so called other cosmopolitan cities are far behind Lagos, in terms of equal opportunity for citizens. When you see or hear Yorubas like myself taking a radical stance on certain issues, you might think we are being driven by irrational ethnic sentiments, but I say to you that we are only trying to secure the future of our Yoruba descendants, because it appears that certain group of migrants are in Lagos/Yorubaland not to actually contribute to human civilization. This set of people say it publicly themselves that their intention is to subjugate Yorubas and take over our land.
The bottom-line is that the indigenous people reserve the right to determine the level of influence to be accorded to non-indigenous citizens. That's what is obtainble in NY, Tokyo, London, Paris, Onitcha, PH, Kano, Kaduna, etc. Nobody, can deny Yorubas same privilege in Lagos or any other part of Yorubaland.

I see where you are coming from.
Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by EzeNri(m): 10:22pm On Mar 19, 2021
Christistruth00:

For the one thousandth time oba of lagos himself telling you with his own mouth at 5.45 Minutes "Benin are not the owners of lagos”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno

lagos belongs to Awori Yoruba who are 100% Yoruba or is MC Oluomo who is Awori not Yoruba again?

Ojukwu declared Biafra yet he couldn’t take his eyes off Yoruba Lagos

That was the very same mistake that led Ojukwu and Biafra to their Waterloo at Ore

Aworis are not Yorubas.

Its never in doubt. Yoeubas are only interested in those place and Ijebu because it offers them access to the sea. Yoruba land is landlocked, so they need Ijebu and Awori to access the sea.

Don't tell me they speak Yorubas.

Eguns also speak Yorubas but they are not Yorubas. Fulanis also speak Hausa but they are not Hausas.

Ore is never a Waterloo. Your saving grace is the foolish Brits, Russians and Egypt.

You are still using Biafran weapons to fight BH, imagine the war without the externals.

Na 5 day Ojukwu used to rout the West.

Be guided.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by EzeNri(m): 10:29pm On Mar 19, 2021
AdekunleScience:
Nice write up but the only mistake is that LAGOS IS NOT YORUBA LAND.

Focus on rescuing Ilorin and leave Lagos out of your land grabbing attempts.

Thank you.

If you ignore this advice, then be ready to go to war to subject Lagos. During the National Confab, Lagos reps plainly told the conference they have nothing in common with Yorubas.

They were pursuing separate agenda for Lagos or were you blind when this happened?

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by EzeNri(m): 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2021
sharpwriter:

Most of your people in Lawason area of Surulere speak Igbo fluently without stepping a feet into Igboland.
Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by EzeNri(m): 10:38pm On Mar 19, 2021
laiperi:
These type of provocations are what will lead to Odua Nation.

Simply put, without the West, the rest of Nigeria is not visible. They will be poorer and worse off than other failed African states.

The West was where all Africans in Africa and Diaspora know and come for prosperity and actualization.

The reason for many Firsts in the World and for looking up to it as a potential Regional Power.

Look around you and mention one region that has not failed. Association with failed people that have not brought any progress since the fifties cannot suddenly wake up.

Clinging to Lagos will not help any region either because you all lack what makes Lagos great, the People and their history.
Chest beaters, yet Osun is wallowing in poverty except on Yemi Kwale's NBS statistics

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Christistruth00: 10:40pm On Mar 19, 2021
EzeNri:

Aworis are not Yorubas.

Its never in doubt. Yoeubas are only interested in those place and Ijebu because it offers them access to the sea. Yoruba land is landlocked, so they need Ijebu and Awori to access the sea.

Eguns also speak Yorubas but they are not Yorubas. Fulanis also speak Hausa but they are not Hausas.

Ore is never a Waterloo. Your saving grace is the foolish Brits, Russians and Egypt.

You are still using Biafran weapons to fight BH, imagine the war without the externals.

Be guided.

Ebonyi and Wawa of Enugu are not Igbos with your logic

5 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Onogiede(m): 10:45pm On Mar 19, 2021
Gbagura:
That's the mistake Ojukwu made by eyeing Lagos to add to his Biafra. Igbo don't even share borders with Yoruba so why una wan die for Lagos matter? Do you think you will be spared when push comes to shove? So Odùduwà Republic will be declared now and igbo would be telling Yoruba not to touch Lagos. On what basis? That Yoruba and igbo share borders or how? I need some explanations because you've all being fooling yourselves and you need to be slapped into senses.

Deep down you all hate to hear Lagos belonging to yorubas hence your usual rhetorics about your no man's land nonsense. You know Lagos alone is enough to move Odùduwà Republic to greater heights which is your greatest fear. You're going to get your Biafra and move back to your gully region enmasse. If you want to live in Lagos, you will follow our rules or be deported massively. Even when realities on ground proves how yoruba owns Lagos, you still living in delusion. You go dey alright las las. grin grin

Okoro too love Lagos because of Atlantic..
keep shut!! let Igbo be and face the fact issue on ground, due to serendipity of benin to take their territory serious doesn't have to be a new threat,.. mainly all Yoruba entity know the fact,.. benin owns the land.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by EzeNri(m): 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2021
Christistruth00:

Ebonyi and Wawa of Enugu are not Igbos with your logic
Remove Awori and Ijebu lands, Yoruba land is landlocked.
FACT

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by AdekunleScience: 10:56pm On Mar 19, 2021
EzeNri:

Nice write up but the only mistake is that LAGOS IS NOT YORUBA LAND.

Focus on rescuing Ilorin and leave Lagos out of your land grabbing attempts.

Thank you.

If you ignore this advice, then be ready to go to war to subject Lagos. During the [b]National Confab, Lagos reps [/b]plainly told the conference they have nothing in common with Yorubas.

They were pursuing separate agenda for Lagos or were you blind when this happened?
Lagos rep hand-picked by Ayo Adebanjo's IBO funded Afenifebi. A group of Yoruba bastards who are mostly half-Yorubas like FFK or Yorubas married to Igbos like Odumakin. Same set of people who collected money from IBOs to support additional state for SE and state of residence, while rejecting regional system of government at the confab. People who collected money from IBOs to protest the making of Yoruba Language an official Language in Lagos. Listen carefullt my friend, it doesn't matter how Oodua Republic is achieved or by whom. One thing that is certain is that after independence from Nigeria, Oodua Republic will go into a civil war to cleans the land of IBO and Fulani allies and their seeds amongst Oodua stock.

5 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by EzeNri(m): 11:10pm On Mar 19, 2021
AdekunleScience:
Lagos rep hand-picked by Ayo Adebanjo's IBO funded Afenifebi. A group of Yoruba bastards who are mostly half-Yorubas like FFK or Yorubas married to Igbos like Odumakin. Same set of people who collected money from IBOs to support additional state for SE and state of residence, while rejecting regional system of government at the confab. People who collected money from IBOs to protest the making of Yoruba Language an official Language in Lagos. Listen carefullt my friend, it doesn't matter how Oodua Republic is achieved or by whom. One thing that is certain is that after independence from Nigeria, Oodua Republic will go into a civil war to cleans the land of IBO and Fulani allies and their seeds amongst Oodua stock.
They are now bastard abi?

No wahala.

We dont have problem with Yorubas and we don't plan going to war with unless unless they overstep by trying to grab Lagos.

I trust Nnamdi KANU.

Yorubas has never had any historical claim over Lagos. It started in 1991 when the FCT moved and Lagos was made a state.

The only Yoruba claim to Lagos is that it is in the WEST.

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Christistruth00: 11:16pm On Mar 19, 2021
EzeNri:

FACT

God has so blessed his People for Nigeria’s sake

What of Okitipupa and Ilaje lands

Do you know that even Port Novo of Benin Republic is yours truly Yorubaland?

God Almighty was in such a very generous mood when he Created and Measured the Sea Coasts he gave to Yorubaland

Such riches

6 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by EzeNri(m): 11:20pm On Mar 19, 2021
Christistruth00:

Such riches
Ilaje is not Yoruba land. I don't know about Okitipupa.
Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by EzeNri(m): 11:20pm On Mar 19, 2021
Christistruth00:

Such riches
Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Christistruth00: 11:27pm On Mar 19, 2021
EzeNri:

I actually feel sorry for you

So you think Ambode is not Yoruba because he is Ilaje

4 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by AdekunleScience: 11:33pm On Mar 19, 2021
EzeNri:

No wahala.

We dont have problem with Yorubas and we don't plan going to war with unless unless they overstep by trying to grab Lagos.

I trust Nnamdi KANU.

Yorubas has never had any historical claim over Lagos. It started in 1991 when the FCT moved and Lagos was made a state.

The race called IBOs will eventually be buried in Lagos and the children of Oodua will be justified by moral law and otherwise, because if you have a case where a group of people deliberately create and propagate their own version of truth due to their obsession and covetous urges for what belong to others. Trying to reason with such people is a waste of grey matter, it's very unfortunate that the only cure for such self-inflicted disorder is unprecedented violence. Anyway, that is the story of human civilization.

6 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by johntolu: 11:54pm On Mar 19, 2021
Gbagura:

You're going to get your Biafra and move back to your gully region enmasse. If you want to live in Lagos, you will follow our rules or be deported massively. Even when realities on ground proves how yoruba owns Lagos, you still living in delusion. You go dey alright las las. grin grin

Okoro too love Lagos because of Atlantic.

Igbo Nation have plans of linking Oguta Lake to the Atlantic Ocean when they are able to actualize their Biafran dream. grin cool cheesy
Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Gbagura: 11:55pm On Mar 19, 2021
grin grin grin
johntolu:

Igbo Nation have plans of linking Oguta Lake to the Atlantic Ocean when they are able to actualize their Biafran dream.

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by macof(m): 12:11am On Mar 20, 2021
This ipob miscreants just want to lead Edo people to their slaughter.

Edo own Lagos indeed grin both ipob and edo come and try and see
Igbos just want this Lagos sha, even by pushing edo people to wahala

4 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by johntolu: 12:14am On Mar 20, 2021
EzeNri:

No wahala.

I trust Nnamdi KANU.

Lagos state was created in 1967 and its first Governor was Gen. Mobolaji Johnson, a Yoruba man.

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by hotwax: 12:20am On Mar 20, 2021
Amitez:

Rhhetorics ... Binis own Eko (Lagos) and we are not part of Oduduws Republic.

benin is not even a race or can be considered a country. One town competing with all yoruba states.

Thats aside..when you want to claim Lagos, you will jump ondo, ekiti, osun, oyo..e.t.c to come and claim lagos...

do you know how many yoruba states you travel across before reaching lagos?

It will be interesting to see how you get visa to enter lagos.

Fulanis want yoruba farmlands
Igbo want lagos
Hausa want Ibadan

Lolz...yoruba lands are hotcake..

Yorubas are the most blessed ethnic group in nigeria...

All other tribes can't do without yoruba land.

Lagos is no man's land, yet they can't appoint igwe in lagos..yorubas are governors...

One mumu even told me, Ijebu belongs to Benin. Infact Ibadan was an igbo land before yoruba came..ebanu city

5 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by theTranslator: 1:22am On Mar 20, 2021
EzeNri:

Aworis are not Yorubas.

Be guided.
Awori is not Yoruba is like saying Egba is not Yoruba and its stupid
The people decide and they say they are Yoruba
While ezenri from the yeast is sad lol

Come and take Lagos now cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by theTranslator: 1:38am On Mar 20, 2021
EzeNri:

FACT
Lol what of ondo?
I'm sure you DONT even know that egba has a portion of Lagos state too
Forget Lagos it is yorubaland
Focus on anambra cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by OnMyBiz: 1:38am On Mar 20, 2021
M
Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Nobody: 2:03am On Mar 20, 2021
AdekunleScience:
Sir, when you talk of indigeneous Yorubaland, talk more of Ife, Oyo, Ogun, part of Ondo, etc. The indigenes of Lagos are non-Yorubas. Just because they bear close proximity and that people speak semblance of Yoruba language does not make Lagos Oodualand. The Yorubas, just like Ibos, Hausa, Efiks are migrants. Or would you claim Benin Republic to be part of your dream Oduduwa Republic because the people speak Yoruba?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women / INEC Records Over 1,689 Law Suits From The 2019 General Elections / Police Dispersed Onitsha Youths With Gunshots (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.