Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,599 members, 7,801,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country (6710 Views)

Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? / Why Ipob Should Exclude Non-igbos From Biafra. / Did IMF Exclude Nigeria From 25 Nations Granted Debt Relief? (Fact Check) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by yorubarere: 2:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
EzeNri:

These are non Yorubas:

Ilajes

Aworis

Ijebus

Eguns

Isale Emo

Idumota

Don't be surprised if and when bitter things always come ur way. You are just too bitter. Who are you to decide who is Yoruba and who is not? Going by you, I am as well not a Yoruba.

Anyways, what do ipob miscreants knows? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Christistruth00: 2:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
EzeNri:

Aworis are Aworis not Yoruba.

Yoruba media is only deceiving the gullible ones among them to force yorubaness down their throat

Ebonyi and Wawa of Enugu are not Igbos,

Even Onitsha and Nnewi are not Igbo since Benin owns them

6 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by yorubarere: 2:36pm On Mar 20, 2021
EzeNri:

So TAO that claimed Ijebu is now Awori?

Deceive una self not us.

Lagos is not Yoruba.

PERIOD
But you and your kinsmen will still come back to shout "Omo onile" are disturbing you. Can one sell lands that doesn't belong to them? You guys won't stop bin foolish.

4 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by yorubarere: 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2021
This ipob wailing here is probably on break from gala hacking inside traffic.

You sly same land that gives you your daily bread and u want to have clothes on your back. Hatred begets hatred. You and your kind will surely reap whatever you sow against us... But we will still be here going stronger than you lots. That is how it has always been.

4 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by KoshCAD: 2:56pm On Mar 20, 2021
EzeNri:

So TAO that claimed Ijebu is now Awori?

Deceive una self not us.

Lagos is not Yoruba.

PERIOD
Not only Period, It is frequency.

Ezza are Ezza and not Igbo.

OSU dodondoya.

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by KoshCAD: 2:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
Christistruth00:

Ebonyi and Wawa of Enugu are not Igbos,

Even Onitsha and Nnewi are not Igbo since Benin owns them
Abi

Ezza are Ezza,

Anambra is not Igboland, it belongs to the igalas, the world knows that.

6 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Christistruth00: 3:09pm On Mar 20, 2021
KoshCAD:
Abi

Ezza are Ezza,

Anambra is not Igboland, it belongs to the igalas, the world knows that.

Even Nsukka is an Igala Town that became Igbonised with Time

All Northern Anambra and Enugu were Igalaland jokes apart

It was the very British that they Curse from morning till night that took it off the Igala and gave it to the Igbos

I am not Joking

5 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Kayberg: 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2021
EzeNri:

Aworis are Aworis not Yoruba.

Yoruba media is only deceiving the gullible ones among them to force yorubaness down their throat

That doesn't answer the question though, bro….
Can you give any short explanatory answer to the question?

4 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Odingo1: 3:45pm On Mar 20, 2021
Oba of Lagos

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Christistruth00: 6:13pm On Mar 20, 2021
Odingo1:
Oba of Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by EzeNri(m): 6:45pm On Mar 20, 2021
yorubarere:

Don't be surprised if and when bitter things always come ur way. You are just too bitter. Who are you to decide who is Yoruba and who is not? Going by you, I am as well not a Yoruba.

Anyways, what do ipob miscreants knows? cheesy
Believe whatever you want but the truth remains.

Awori
Ijebu
Egun
Ilaje
idumota

ARE NOT YORUBAS.

South West? YES

But Yorubas? NEVER

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by EzeNri(m): 6:48pm On Mar 20, 2021
Kayberg:

That doesn't answer the question though, bro….
Can you give any short explanatory answer to the question?
According to Colonial records, Igbos were even in Lagos before Yorubas. The records didn't recognize Yorubas as been indigenous to Lagos.

LAGOS IS NOT YORUBA LAND.

FACT

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Kayberg: 7:01pm On Mar 20, 2021
EzeNri:

[s]According to Colonial records, Igbos were even in Lagos before Yorubas. The records didn't recognize Yorubas as been indigenous to Lagos.[/s]

LAGOS IS NOT YORUBA LAND.

FACT

Colonial records….
Your sources…?

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Kayberg: 7:08pm On Mar 20, 2021
TAO11:
The aboriginal owners of all of Lagos (including its length and its breadth, its islands and its mainlands, its villages and its towns) are the Aworis.

Aworis are one of the over thirty (30) major Yoruba subgroups who admit in their traditional narrative to have sprung from the center of Yoruba civilization — Ile-Ife.

In the embedded video below, Awori monarchs from both Lagos state and Ogun state can be heard affirming this fact very loudly and very clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88-cG1nC8fM

Furthermore, contrary to the misrepresentation (falsely attributed to Oba Akiolu) by certain quack print-media sources some years back; Oba Akiolu (who is the king of Èkó (i.e. one of the islands in Lagos) declared emphatically in a video (interview with Channels TV) that:

Lagos does not belong to Benin kingdom.

Having said that, an independent and sovereign Yoruba nation is becoming increasingly inevitable as each day goes by. The processes have hit top gear lately. I won’t say much.

Cheers!

Cc:
Christistruth00, macof, Kzinne, Freestainworld, flokii, Never4getU, theTranslator, Coder2Client, Kayberg, twosquare, SlayerSupreme, Odua1stson, femianski, Oshigun, Mrbillionaire, optionalY09, Dotherightthing, Ooni, wwwihy, Gbagura, OnlyDeCapPlease, laiperi, KoshCAD, Ahmeduana, MansoryMX, mp3ree, YoungBlackRico, AdekunleScience, Tedpgrass, malcomxjr, Alba3, Obamaofusa, sharpwriter, johntolu, hotwax

Interesting.
But I don't understand why Benin is trying to separate itself from Oduduwa, while Sabe and Popo recognizes Oduduwa.
It's not the first time I'll be hearing/reading these from them.
Do they happen to forget their history/source or what?

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Kayberg: 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2021
EzeNri:

Believe whatever you want but the truth remains.

Awori
Ijebu
Egun
Ilaje
idumota

ARE NOT YORUBAS.

South West? YES

But Yorubas? NEVER

Now I am convinced you were misinformed.
Your list up there is trash.
Yes, I mean trash.
Who told you Ijebus are not Yoruba?
Do you even know the origin of the Ijebus?
Even if they adopt a common dialect, Yoruba, do you think they're separated by tribe?
If thou say Ijebus are not Yorubas, then what was Oduduwa?
Come on….

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by TAO11(f): 8:55pm On Mar 20, 2021
Kayberg:
Interesting.
But I don't understand why Benin is trying to separate itself from Oduduwa, while Sabe and Popo recognizes Oduduwa.
It's not the first time I'll be hearing/reading these from them.
Do they happen to forget their history/source or what?
The Binis are not Yorubas actually. Those are two different ethnic group in the same sense that Hausas are different from Igbos.

The reality instead is that their Kings (I mean the obas of the Benins) are Yorubas.

In other words, a Yoruba family rules as king among a non-Yoruba people. Catch the difference?

For a little bit more reading: https://www.nairaland.com/6459392/igbo-yoruba-know-sons-oduduwa/2#99943422

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by valirex: 9:00pm On Mar 20, 2021
Coder2Client:

let me burst your brain, the entire Bini will be under Oodua Rep except if you want to die

1st of all, don't mind that person that created this thread, he/she is not of Ẹdo decent and just wants to create fight between Ẹdo and Yoruba nation. Lagos was Benin territory but now a Yoruba territory so no need replying that guy.

Secondly, Ẹdo is not part of Oduduwa. No need for us to bash ourselves online.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Christistruth00: 9:03pm On Mar 20, 2021
TAO11:
The Binis are not Yorubas actually. Those are two different ethnic group in the same sense that Hausas are different from Igbos.

The reality instead is that their Kings (I mean the Oba’s of the Benins) are Yorubas. That is, a Yoruba family rules as king among a non-Yoruba people. Catch the difference?

For a little bit more reading: https://www.nairaland.com/6459392/igbo-yoruba-know-sons-oduduwa/2#99943422

TAO over the Centuries the Benin’s and Yorubas were very intertwined and intermarried so much that there was a time when Edos were Classified as Yorubas.

But they both Started out as separate ethnic groups in the 12 th Century

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/198255-benin-kingdom-edo-yoruba-territory-ooni-ife-adeyeye-ogunwusi.html

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by TAO11(f): 9:09pm On Mar 20, 2021
Christistruth00:
TAO over the Centuries the Benin’s and Yorubas were very intertwined and intermarried so much that there was a time when Edos were Classified as Yorubas.

Interesting!

Could you please direct me to such historical material which contains the information regarding when “Edos were [supposedly] classified as Yorubas”? Thanks.

——————————
PS:
I know you know the following, I’m only punching it in to debunk a specific fraudulent impression above:

There was never a time when a Benin person ever ruled any part of Lagos. There was never any such event in our history.

Cc: Coder2Client

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by valirex: 9:13pm On Mar 20, 2021
Odua1stson:
aah aah even edo dogs dey talk, wonders shall never end

OAM4J Mynd44
Rule 2
Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by valirex: 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2021
Christistruth00:

Lol really? Then why weren't Yorubas classified as Ẹdos?

Child's talk
Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Christistruth00: 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
valirex:

Lol really? Then why weren't Yorubas classified as Ẹdos?

Child's talk

Edo are not Yorubas but there was a time they were considered to be the same people
Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Christistruth00: 9:36pm On Mar 20, 2021
TAO11:
Interesting!

Could you please direct me to such historical material which contains the information regarding when “Edos were [supposedly] classified as Yorubas”? Thanks.

——————————
PS:
I know you know the following, I’m only punching it in to debunk a specific fraudulent impression above:

There was never a time when a Benin person ever ruled any part of Lagos. There was never any such event in our history.

Cheers!

King Ado of Lagos was Awori from Isheri

But some people in order to boost their Egos claim he was the son of the Oba of Benin

Whereas the Oba of Benin was his maternal Grandfather. or his mother’s father

The difference is big

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by valirex: 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2021
Christistruth00:

Edo are not Yorubas but there was a time they were considered to be the same people

Under what name?
Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by TAO11(f): 9:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
Christistruth00:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/198255-benin-kingdom-edo-yoruba-territory-ooni-ife-adeyeye-ogunwusi.html
Okay, I’ve seen the link and the attachment. Two things real quick:

(1) Yes, the kings of Benin kingdom till date are Yorubas; however, Oba Adeyeye wasn’t saying that the Edos (i.e. Benins) themselves are Yorubas. No he didn’t say that.

There is a huge and sharp difference between the statement: (A) “Benin kingdom is part of Yoruba territory”, and the statement: (B) “Benin people are a Yoruba subgroup”.

For example, the statement: (A) ”Nigeria used to be a British territory” is not one and the same thing as the statement (B): ”Nigerians used to be Britons (i.e. Caucasians)”.

(2) Although Oba Adeyeye didn’t make the claim you thought he made; I should nevertheless stress the fact that Oba Adeyeye is not in charge of deciding the groupings of Nigerian ethnic groups.

And he never claimed to have such capacity, neither did he ever make any statement along such lines or to such effect.

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by TAO11(f): 9:42pm On Mar 20, 2021
Christistruth00:
King Ado of Lagos was Awori from Isheri

But some people in order to boost their Egos claim he was the son of the Oba of Benin

Whereas the Oba of Benin was his maternal Grandfather. or his mother’s father

The difference is big
Yes, I’m aware. Thanks for punching that line.

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Christistruth00: 9:45pm On Mar 20, 2021
valirex:

Under what name?

The Ado Ekiti are they Ado or Ekiti

That will answer your question
Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by valirex: 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2021
Christistruth00:

The Ado Ekiti are they Ado or Ekiti

That will answer your question

I asked a question and you answer with a question.

Lol child's talk
Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by EzeNri(m): 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
Kayberg:

Now I am convinced you were misinformed.
Your list up there is trash.
Yes, I mean trash.
Who told you Ijebus are not Yoruba?
Do you even know the origin of the Ijebus?
Even if they adopt a common dialect, Yoruba, do you think they're separated by tribe?
If thou say Ijebus are not Yorubas, then what was Oduduwa?
Come on….
Ijebus have always maintain a history of their origin and it is all there for us to see.

Ijebus are not Yorubas but blackmailed into adopting Yoruba as a tribe

FACT

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by Kayberg: 10:06pm On Mar 20, 2021
EzeNri:

Ijebus have always maintain a history of their origin and it is all there for us to see.

[s]Ijebus are not Yorubas but blackmailed into adopting Yoruba as a trove[/s]

False.
All your claims are false.
No need of interacting with you any longer.

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by EzeNri(m): 10:55pm On Mar 20, 2021
Kayberg:

False. All your claims are false. No need of interacting with you any longer.
Stop claiming people's land please.
Re: Oduduwa Republic Should Exclude Lagos From Their Dream Country by EzeNri(m): 11:07pm On Mar 20, 2021
Yorubas are trying so hard to lay claim to Lagos even going as far as claiming Aworis are Yorubas.

Keep deceiving yourselves, e go clear for una eyes.

Every four years, original owners of Lagos come to Ndi Igbo seeking for alliance to help them break Yoruba strangling hold on their beloved Lagos.

In 2014 during the Confab, we all saw the agenda Lagos reps were pushing.

They refused to be lumped together with Yorubas.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Strange Man Spotted At Peter Obi's Rally (picture) / Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? / Inec Registered Voters In Ondo State:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.