Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt (29604 Views)

Flying From Abuja To Port Harcourt: Nairalander Observation: Pictures & Video / Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road / Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by Ventura1: 9:18pm On Mar 20, 2021
The writer omit the frequent Black Soot

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by Benblaq(m): 9:18pm On Mar 20, 2021
I be Fimie product. No go say "them say" when them no ask you, especially when you dey for RSU. Once you hear "guy, wida", no ask "we be mate?" Or you go lie in state instantly. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by okezuoemmanue(m): 9:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
I like where I dey abeg
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by forghe(m): 9:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
jasonclement:
How about:
Abuloma
Rupokwu
Sars Road
Eliozu
Rumokoro
Ada George
What do you have to say about them?
Rumuigbo Rumuokwuta Rumuola Nkpolu Rumualogu Rumuosi Choba
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by chatinent: 9:21pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ok o
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by MrgudK(m): 9:21pm On Mar 20, 2021
jasonclement:
How about:

Abuloma

Rupokwu

Sars Road

Eliozu

Rumokoro

Ada George

What do you have to say about them?

Write your own
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by presmarine(m): 9:21pm On Mar 20, 2021
What about Uzuoba by Ogbogoro?
What about Iwofe and Choba area's?
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by Brunosamel(m): 9:22pm On Mar 20, 2021
Very educative and quite helpful cuz I might serving in Port Harcourt
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:22pm On Mar 20, 2021
post=100058210:
[s]PH Our Town.....
We full Ground.
We dey come[/s]....
we don't need your type there, stay in Sambisa permanently cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:22pm On Mar 20, 2021
Rivers of blood!

Tufiiaa!

Sorry, I'll pass!
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by MrgudK(m): 9:22pm On Mar 20, 2021
EzePromoe:
You probably have heard a lot about Port Harcourt or the Garden City as it is fondly called, both good and bad but the truth is that Port Harcourt is like every Nigerian city and as a matter of fact it ranks third only behind Lagos and Abuja in its metropolitan nature.

A knowledge of some popular area is important, to guide you in making choices of where to rent a house in Port Harcourt...

Woji is very safe with good road network and the light condition there is amazing. The landlords increase rent according to increment in light supply time. Some areas are cool but be mindful of mini woji. Boys are not always smilling there.

Odili road is expensive but you have malls, gas stations, restaurants, hotels everywhere and it is just adjacent Trans Amadi - the industrial hub of the city. It has some of the finest estates and big boys. If you are planning to open a business, expect premium clients.

Elekahia housing estate is enclosed and the houses are old but the other parts have some thugs in patrol at night. Select your choice according to your shock immunity.

Amadi Flat to Forces Avenue is the centre of greenery but your next neighbour may be an ex governor who will not care when the transformer goes off because government still fuels his gen. However, you are secure because it houses the govt house, police headquarters, EFCC and the DSS headquarters.

Marine base used to be scary but it is no longer. With the new NDDC headquarters presence, more good things will come. Plus the light condition is fantastic. But you see the waterside area, avoid it.

Ogbunabali is partly a market and a hood. If you can't tolerate community influence, shift because Abali boys are not preachers of love.

Diobu is rough but things are cheaper there. You can stroll to Ikoku if you have a bad car or visit Mile 1 or Mile 3 to buy foodstuffs that are sold 200% of the cost in Odili road and co. If your furniture is bad, Timber market is in Illabuchi and if you need to print at cheaper rates, try education bus stop down to Afikpo street.

Tank Elimbu has affordable self contain houses but prepare your mind for frustrating holdups.

Oyigbo is cool especially if you are into a business that needs you visiting Aba always but try adopting Igbo as your second language first.

Akpajo is perfect if you work in Onne, Indorama, the refinery or Notore. However, you must learn to wakeup early or spend one quarter of your day sometimes at Akpajo junction on your way to work.

Elelenwo is amazing. You can shop at Oil mill. Market instead of going to Aba but if you lose your phone to street robbers, consult the local vigilante instead of the police. With N5k for investigations and N3k for transport, your phone can be returned to you in 24hrs.

Borokiri is an organized hood but be careful how you lift your shoulders there or they will be trimmed. If you work, always show love to boys in the area and ask well before you toast any girl there. Toasting the wrong babe has sent many young boys to early graves.

Okujagu is not for the faint hearted. However, there are two worlds there. One for the insane and another for the sane. If you are sane, stay on your lane and you will only hear the rumours of the terror exhibited by the insane. By no means should you cross into the insane world. Remain in your own world and remain safe. But be mindful of slaughter junction at night.

Dline is well spaced. If your car is above N10m, drive always with your two eyes open. And if you like Bole and fruits, you have the best of both worlds close by.

New GRA runs a 24/7 nitelife. The battle is between nite clubs and churches. One particular church owns one third of the properties there. Once you park into your apartment, you are on your own. If you do not have enough money, do not enter a club there.
It is still the delight of PH city and links to almost every major centre in the city and it is bordered by two most important roads in PH - Aba road and Ikwerre road.

Before you park into NTA road, buy two generators (one diesel and one petrol) plus an inverter. They probably offended NEPA and they laid a curse on the area. However, if you are still young and single, it is closer to Uniport and you can access RSUST from behind. By the side to Iwofe, there ia a college of education there and down to the north of it, a midwifery /nursing school resides there. Enjoy your stay but make a budget for fuel except you stay around Obiwali area of it that enjoys the federal line.

When you know the area well, you know where to rent a house and how to live.

When was this write up made, cos loads have changed.
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by Drizzy5001(m): 9:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
Omo, I no fit stay for Port hacourt and Benin, Cultism too much undecided
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by emperorshaokahn(m): 9:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
the only thing(s) we know about ph are vikings,icelanders,deebam,deewell,klansmen,greenlanders,etc.
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by sageb: 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
I rep PH, the garden city of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by Confidently(m): 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
what about igwurita, Sara road, Rumuokoro even stadium road?
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by TheFalcons: 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2021
It is a very beautiful city
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by Cutehector(m): 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2021
EzePromoe:
You probably have heard a lot about Port Harcourt or the Garden City as it is fondly called, both good and bad but the truth is that Port Harcourt is like every Nigerian city and as a matter of fact it ranks third only behind Lagos and Abuja in its metropolitan nature.

A knowledge of some popular area is important, to guide you in making choices of where to rent a house in Port Harcourt...

Woji is very safe with good road network and the light condition there is amazing. The landlords increase rent according to increment in light supply time. Some areas are cool but be mindful of mini woji. Boys are not always smilling there.

Odili road is expensive but you have malls, gas stations, restaurants, hotels everywhere and it is just adjacent Trans Amadi - the industrial hub of the city. It has some of the finest estates and big boys. If you are planning to open a business, expect premium clients.

Elekahia housing estate is enclosed and the houses are old but the other parts have some thugs in patrol at night. Select your choice according to your shock immunity.

Amadi Flat to Forces Avenue is the centre of greenery but your next neighbour may be an ex governor who will not care when the transformer goes off because government still fuels his gen. However, you are secure because it houses the govt house, police headquarters, EFCC and the DSS headquarters.

Marine base used to be scary but it is no longer. With the new NDDC headquarters presence, more good things will come. Plus the light condition is fantastic. But you see the waterside area, avoid it.

Ogbunabali is partly a market and a hood. If you can't tolerate community influence, shift because Abali boys are not preachers of love.

Diobu is rough but things are cheaper there. You can stroll to Ikoku if you have a bad car or visit Mile 1 or Mile 3 to buy foodstuffs that are sold 200% of the cost in Odili road and co. If your furniture is bad, Timber market is in Illabuchi and if you need to print at cheaper rates, try education bus stop down to Afikpo street.

Tank Elimbu has affordable self contain houses but prepare your mind for frustrating holdups.

Oyigbo is cool especially if you are into a business that needs you visiting Aba always but try adopting Igbo as your second language first.

Akpajo is perfect if you work in Onne, Indorama, the refinery or Notore. However, you must learn to wakeup early or spend one quarter of your day sometimes at Akpajo junction on your way to work.

Elelenwo is amazing. You can shop at Oil mill. Market instead of going to Aba but if you lose your phone to street robbers, consult the local vigilante instead of the police. With N5k for investigations and N3k for transport, your phone can be returned to you in 24hrs.

Borokiri is an organized hood but be careful how you lift your shoulders there or they will be trimmed. If you work, always show love to boys in the area and ask well before you toast any girl there. Toasting the wrong babe has sent many young boys to early graves.

Okujagu is not for the faint hearted. However, there are two worlds there. One for the insane and another for the sane. If you are sane, stay on your lane and you will only hear the rumours of the terror exhibited by the insane. By no means should you cross into the insane world. Remain in your own world and remain safe. But be mindful of slaughter junction at night.

Dline is well spaced. If your car is above N10m, drive always with your two eyes open. And if you like Bole and fruits, you have the best of both worlds close by.

New GRA runs a 24/7 nitelife. The battle is between nite clubs and churches. One particular church owns one third of the properties there. Once you park into your apartment, you are on your own. If you do not have enough money, do not enter a club there.
It is still the delight of PH city and links to almost every major centre in the city and it is bordered by two most important roads in PH - Aba road and Ikwerre road.

Before you park into NTA road, buy two generators (one diesel and one petrol) plus an inverter. They probably offended NEPA and they laid a curse on the area. However, if you are still young and single, it is closer to Uniport and you can access RSUST from behind. By the side to Iwofe, there ia a college of education there and down to the north of it, a midwifery /nursing school resides there. Enjoy your stay but make a budget for fuel except you stay around Obiwali area of it that enjoys the federal line.

When you know the area well, you know where to rent a house and how to live.
you have done well. grin We need to hang out at lesuka bar.
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by sageb: 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
Benblaq:
I be Fimie product. No go say "them say" when them no ask you, especially when you dey for RSU. Once you hear "guy, wida", no ask "we be mate?" Or you go lie in state instantly. Lol
which side in Fimie- Tere ama axis? wakirike bese
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by hayzed27(m): 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
na onne i dey now but e too boring
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by DSC7: 9:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
NwaIgboBoy:
Buhari is useless!!!
We know......

Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by ikeseeholdings1(m): 9:36pm On Mar 20, 2021
PH na bad city....Ikwerre boys are not smiling. You don't have gun,you on your own. i could remember back then in 2016, i went to somewhere in Rukpoku. I was busy forming Eko guy, one Ikwerre man asked me to reverse My car which i refused.He went inside his HOUSE and brought out gun (pump action) My brother...na disappear be My name ooo.

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by sageb: 9:38pm On Mar 20, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
we don't need your type there, stay in Sambisa permanently cool
the guy want to come and sell dead vultures for us in PH but we don't need him here in our garden city.

6 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by sageb: 9:39pm On Mar 20, 2021
Cutehector:
you have done well. grin We need to hang out at lesuka bar.
lesuka bar in odili road? I am in ooooø
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by ugodson(m): 9:39pm On Mar 20, 2021
Where can you get prostitute and how much can they go for.
Location and amount needed
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by DSC7: 9:42pm On Mar 20, 2021
Benblaq:

And when you hear *Die it* slap wey go folo fit raise dead body....
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by stayclearofme: 9:43pm On Mar 20, 2021
Rahkman:
What of Aluu community?
God forbid! Den of cultist.
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:43pm On Mar 20, 2021
ugodson:
Where can you get prostitute and how much can they go for.
Location and amount needed
Ehn Ehn

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by edoairways: 9:44pm On Mar 20, 2021
TinubuGoQuench:
Na for Ekpan, near Warri I take see where small pikin wey dey 4 years carry cutlass dey chase another small pikin.
Oshare na nor be small matter
Uvwie I hail
U don hear of Ekpan fly?
OFFICIAL TORMENTOR OF NAIRALAND CONDEMNED SOULS!!! The Tree of Freedom Will Be Watered With The Blood of MANNABBGRILLS
Wetin he do?
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by edoairways: 9:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
Drizzy5001:
Omo, I no fit stay for Port hacourt and Benin, Cultism too much undecided
Benin city is a nice place
Re: Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt by ecclize: 9:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
avoid slaughter market in the night by all means ooo...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge In Lagos (Video) / This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa / Nigerian Student In Malaysia Dies In Car Accident (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.