Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,045 members, 7,807,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Check Out A Rookies First Web Project - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Check Out A Rookies First Web Project (810 Views)

Seeking Advice For Landing My First Web Dev Job / My First Web Dev Interview. Pls Advise Me / My First Web App Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by Unclesmart12: 10:16am On Mar 20, 2021
Good morning all, so I started learning web development in January, so far I've done HTML, CSS, JavaScript, bootstrap and a little jquery.

It has been a bumper to bumper journey hence my ability to cover them in a short while, I've also had school exams to contend with within this period.

I don't sleep all night and I code for at least 7hours a day all things being eqaul like light and data, there have been some challenges like data, phone(I don't have a good phone) and the rest of them.

I believe so much in practice so every week I try to build something new and different, so last night I was able to host my projects on github. I realized that a project might look perfect on the console but different when its live, I noticed some errors which I'm trying to correct though github navigation can be tricky for a newbie.

https://simeonoge.github.io/myportfolio/
https://simeonoge.github.io/classicshop/
https://simeonoge.github.io/gracieresturant/
https://simeonoge.github.io/vegan/

The last link was my first project and the mobile version showed me hell because of the tables and was what drove me to bootstrap. The projects are just basics and I hope to improve on them with time.
Please do check it out and give me corrections.

I'm trying to add more JavaScript to my codes but that language is a beast and I might spend forever trying to grab all so I'm going easy with it, I'm about to move to react then php,mysql then WordPress or shopify.

My target is to pay my semester school fees from programming, so my moto now is "code or you perish" because I don't know where to earn money from apart from coding.

Pls your advice and criticism all welcome

4 Likes

Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by Blinxwrd: 10:16am On Mar 20, 2021
Unclesmart12:
Good morning all, so I started learning web development in January, so far I've done HTML, CSS, JavaScript, bootstrap and a little jquery.

It has been a bumper to bumper journey hence my ability to cover them in a short while, I've also had school exams to contend with within this period.

I don't sleep all night and I code for at least 7hours a day all things being eqaul like light and data, there have been some challenges like data, phone(I don't have a good phone) and the rest of them.

I believe so much in practice so every week I try to build something new and different, so last night I was able to host my projects on github. I realized that a project might look perfect on the console but different when its live, I noticed some errors which I'm trying to correct though github navigation can be tricky for a newbie.

https://simeonoge.github.io/my portfolio/
https://simeonoge.github.io/classic shop/

The last link was my first project and the mobile version showed me hell because of the tables and was what drove me to bootstrap. The projects are just basics and I hope to improve on them with time.

I'm trying to add more JavaScript to my codes but that language is a beast and I might spend forever trying to grab all so I'm going easy with it, I'm about to move to react then php,mysql then WordPress or shopify.

My target is to pay my semester school fees from programming, so my moto now is "code or you perish" because I don't know where to earn money from apart from coding.

Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 20, 2021

Nice 
 keep going⚫
Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by Unclesmart12: 10:55am On Mar 20, 2021
Valkan:

Nice
keep going⚫
Thanks man
Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 20, 2021
Man, you are really killing it. I started in January too but I am yet to finish HTML and CSS sef grin. And within this short period you have done all these? Bravo bro.

Experts can appraise your work, I know nothing yet cheesy
Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:45am On Mar 20, 2021
This is great. But I wont recommend you have this on your portfolio. You know HTML, CSS, JavaScript. I recommend that you build a huge website before you go into react. Watch your designs please. Instead of coding from the head, go on dribbble or check out clean websites and try to remake them. That's the standard now. People are wowed by looks before even functionality.

You know this three. Take a huge website now and make then go on to learn React. Once done with React, do the same but with React. A different thing. For a big project, I recommend an E commerce project. You can use firebase to receive orders and then use paystack inline Js for payments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by Anonime1105(m): 11:51am On Mar 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
This is great. But I wont recommend you have this on your portfolio. You know HTML, CSS, JavaScript. I recommend that you build a huge website before you go into react. Watch your designs please. Instead of coding from the head, go on dribbble or check out clean websites and try to remake them. That's the standard now. People are wowed by looks before even functionality.

You know this three. Take a huge website now and make then go on to learn React. Once done with React, do the same but with React. A different thing. For a big project, I recommend an E commerce project. You can use firebase to receive orders and then use paystack inline Js for payments.

OP you have what you need above,
you are doing well though.
Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:56am On Mar 20, 2021
Anonime1105:

OP you have what you need above,
you are doing well though.
He's doing very well. This is the same route I took last year. From February to August I was coding 7 to 8 hours everyday.
Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by Karleb(m): 12:14pm On Mar 20, 2021
There's a lot to adjust, make better and all.

But this is a good step in the right direction.

Don't quit!
Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by Unclesmart12: 1:21pm On Mar 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Thanks bro, I've just been looking for these sort of ideas. I developed the e-commerce store on my own,should I improve on it or try out a totally new project maybe remake a popular e-commerce store?
Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by Unclesmart12: 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

He's doing very well. This is the same route I took last year. From February to August I was coding 7 to 8 hours everyday.

You're one of those that inspired me to go into programming with your in dept analysis of almost every problem that newbies face through daily here......I'm still trying to make it 10hours a day, for now its "code or you perish.
Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by Unclesmart12: 1:32pm On Mar 20, 2021
Karleb:
There's a lot to adjust, make better and all.

But this is a good step in the right direction.

Don't quit!
Reality hit when I discovered that my near perfect design on a console works differently when live, I will work on my UI designs though. Thanks for your input bro
Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
Unclesmart12:

Thanks bro, I've just been looking for these sort of ideas. I developed the e-commerce store on my own,should I improve on it or try out a totally new project maybe remake a popular e-commerce store?

Improve on it, make the add to cart work. Use firebase to make receiving orders possible, Add payments. Those are the things that differentiate you. The people you are competing with are sending tictactoe games and todolists to job applications. Go into React and do the same but not e commerce, a blog maybe or soemthing else. With those you can start applying to frontend developer jobs while learning that platform of your choice.

1 Like

Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by Unclesmart12: 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Improve on it, make the add to cart work. Use firebase to make receiving orders possible, Add payments. Those are the things that differentiate you. The people you are competing with are sending tictactoe games and todolists to job applications. Go into React and do the same but not e commerce, a blog maybe or soemthing else. With those you can start applying to frontend developer jobs while learning that platform of your choice.

Thanks man, really appreciate, when I start getting paid I will buy you ps5....lol
Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by alade26632: 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2021
Nice
keep going⚫
Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by ediko5(m): 2:21pm On Mar 20, 2021
Keep the fire burning.
In like your zeal.
Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by Unclesmart12: 2:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
alade26632:

Nice
keep going⚫
Thanks man
Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by Unclesmart12: 2:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
ediko5:
Keep the fire burning.
In like your zeal.
Thanks bro
Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by stanliwise(m): 7:04pm On Mar 20, 2021
Unclesmart12:

https://simeonoge.github.io/myportfolio/
https://simeonoge.github.io/classicshop/

Your website is getting close to real life website but not yet.
So you need just some little form of improvement.

To earn you need to answer this simple question..
Can someone use this project in a real business and how will it be helpful to their business?
Then you’re ready.

Team up with a backend coder if necessary later on
Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nice bro
Re: Check Out A Rookies First Web Project by Sohnya(f): 6:22pm On Mar 28, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Hi, I’m also doing an e-commerce website.
To make the add to cart work, do you recommend vanilla JavaScript?

(1) (Reply)

Help Linking HTML And CSS Stylesheet / Ideal Time To Create And Install New React App And Its Packages? / The Complete Javascript Course 2022: Zero To Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.