Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

NBS Report: Cooking Gas Soars To Highest Price In 30 Months - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / NBS Report: Cooking Gas Soars To Highest Price In 30 Months (503 Views)

Economy: Nigerians No Longer Accommodate Relatives As Cost Of Living Soars / How Much Is Cooking Gas Being Sold In Your Area. / "I Slept With 18 Men In 30 Days" - Delta Wife Confesses At Shrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBS Report: Cooking Gas Soars To Highest Price In 30 Months by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2021

The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) has released the cooking gas Price Watch report for February 2021, which shows that the cost of 5kg worth of liquefied gas in the country has increased by 3.59% from January’s figure of ₦1949.02 to ₦2018.91.

This was the highest 30-day increase since October 2017, when the cost of 5kg worth of cooking gas soared by an exceptionable 24.20 percent.

It also marked a year on year increase of 1.18 percent, the highest one year increase since August 2018’s staggering inflation of 10.26 percent.

Liquefied Petroleum in the country had not exceeded the ₦2,000 threshold in over 12 months, with the last of such occurrence happening in January 2020 when cooking gas hit ₦2019.08 before quickly retreating the next month.

For the 12.5kg range of size, it would now cost ₦4363.51 to fill the cylinder to its capacity, an increase of 4.45 percent from January’s figure, as well as a year-on-year increase of 4.38 percent.

The country had not witnessed a 12-month inflation this acute since August 2018 when gas hit ₦4366.48 per 12.5kg a year-on-year rise of 8 percent.

In the same vein, the last time 12.5kg cooking gas increased by such figures within a month was in October 2017, when it cost ₦4561.14, a 30-day increase of 15.83. This was the highest pricing of this size range since October 2018, when gas hit ₦4446.19 per 12.5kg, 30 months ago.

The state affected the most by this new prices for the 5kg and 12.5kg sizes were Anambra (₦2487.46) and Sokoto (4884.04) respectively. This meant that the North East at an average price of ₦2309.08 and South South at ₦4590.38, bore majority of the brunt in the respective size categories.

However, it was not all grim reading for the whole federation, as some countries had depots selling at relatively low prices.

In Ebonyi state, an average of ₦1756.25 was enough to fill your 5kg cylinder, but the North Western region of the country enjoyed the best overall pricing, as an average price of ₦1890.41 was documented in depots across the region.

Upgrading to the 12.5kg size, Zamfara had the best average cost, with a sum of just ₦3754.27 required to fill a cylinder to capacity.

However, this pricing did not resonate throughout the region, as the best average cost could be found in depots across the North West at a value of ₦4143.67.

How is the Data Collated?

Field work is done solely by over 700 NBS Staff in all States of the federation supported by supervisors who are monitored by internal and external observers.

Fuel Prices are collected across all the 774 local governments across all States and the FCT from over 10,000 respondents and locations and reflect actual prices households state they actually bought those fuels together with the prices reportedly sold by the fuel suppliers.

The average of all these prices is then reported for each state and the average for the country is the average for the state.

NBS audit team subsequently conducts randomly selected verification of prices recorded.

www.mitrobe.com/cooking-gas-soars-to-highest-price-in-30-months/

Lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: NBS Report: Cooking Gas Soars To Highest Price In 30 Months by UkBalesNig(f): 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
May God help us
Re: NBS Report: Cooking Gas Soars To Highest Price In 30 Months by oz4real83(m): 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
Most of our gas are flared into the atmosphere where it contributes to global warming. Our leaders show their wickedness by selling the little that remains very expensively to Nigerians for both industrial and domestic usage.

1 Like

Re: NBS Report: Cooking Gas Soars To Highest Price In 30 Months by Jdaughter(f): 12:34pm On Mar 20, 2021
Honestly nobody understands the position of the country anymore. Like some said, me too I'm still wondering what exactly this government came to power to do. Was it just to inflict more pains on the already impoverished Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: NBS Report: Cooking Gas Soars To Highest Price In 30 Months by yemobrown(m): 12:40pm On Mar 20, 2021
How it is cheap in the north and very expensive here in the southern part despite having the plants in the southern region beats me

2 Likes

Re: NBS Report: Cooking Gas Soars To Highest Price In 30 Months by ibechris(m): 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2021
This is what I called one country two nations...that is to say, there is a general law for the entire southern region,while the north is govern by another law.
Re: NBS Report: Cooking Gas Soars To Highest Price In 30 Months by Sijo01(f): 10:15pm On Mar 20, 2021
Everything is just getting too expensive by the day sad

Who knows the maths to survive in this present day naija...... I'm not sure I know how to anymore cry cry
Re: NBS Report: Cooking Gas Soars To Highest Price In 30 Months by soliddust2020: 2:49am On Mar 21, 2021
Things will keep increasing. The govt have no idea and direction, naija is just on autopilot mode. High transportation, food, light bill, fuel, gas, house rent. The average nigerian don turn to mathematian to survive.
Re: NBS Report: Cooking Gas Soars To Highest Price In 30 Months by ecolime(m): 6:26am On Mar 21, 2021
You can't use hot plate because of high cost of electricity.

Gas is also becoming too expensive for comfort.

Buhari is a punishment from the gods to Nigerians.
Re: NBS Report: Cooking Gas Soars To Highest Price In 30 Months by WhiteLavender(f): 2:00pm On Mar 21, 2021
Imagine my surprise when the same 6kg I bought early last month for 1800 was selling for 2200 last week, while 5kg sold for 1850 as against 1300 from February.
I used to notice the subtle increment of maybe 50-100 naira in the past months but this one is just something else.

(1) (Reply)

This Taught Me Patience In Life. / Horrible!! Meet Man Born With 2 Heads, See Before/after He Lost His Second Head / What Is A Dream ? Why Do You Dream ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.