Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs (3342 Views)

Post Your Favorite city Youtube Vlogs Here Especially London And Paris / Adventures And Tourism Nigerian Based & Youtube Video Vlogs / Traveling To LA - Youtube Vlogs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by freemanlibre: 8:08pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hi y'all, I have always wanted to start a YouTube Channel of some sort since I arrived in France, but I’ve been hooked down with school, work and other personal affairs for years now, but guess what, I think its time to give back !

I am Atanda Muhammad Freeman, An Expressive Artist, Portraitist, Minimalist Photographer, Linguist and A Travel Enthusiast; studying, working and living currently in the Alps region of France.

This actually will be my very first attempt to vlogging, so I apologize in advance for any future blunder or technical errors, but I guess the objective is to pass the information, which I can assure will be as accurate as all Messi’s passes !

My videos and write ups will generally be on travel, vlogs, helpful tips, advice, insights as well as answers to frequently asked questions on topics relating to France and other countries in Europe, thereby sharing many of my personal experiences and trips accross europe that might interest you.

I have a crazy crush on documentary photography and videography and I love exploring new cities and meeting people so I’ll also be sharing pictures, videos and stories as it comes.

Lastly, Questions (and answers) will be allowed both here on Nairaland in this Thread and also on my YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/FreemanLibre

So make sure you always grab a bottle of Soda and a bowl of Popcorn before any of my videos that you will be watching, and also, don't forget to click on the 'subscribe' button if you are new here. Thank you !

I’ll be sharing every video I publish on YouTube in parallel on my thread.

2 Likes

Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by Savage8563: 9:22pm On Mar 20, 2021
freemanlibre:
Hi y'all, I have always wanted to start a YouTube Channel of some sort since I arrived in France, but I’ve been hooked down with school, work and other personal affairs for years now, but guess what, I think its time to give back !

I am Atanda Muhammad Freeman, An Expressive Portrait Artist, Minimalist Photographer, Linguist and Explorer; currently studying, working and living in Grenoble, France.

This actually will be my very first attempt to vlogging, so I apologize in advance for any future blunder or technical errors, but I guess the objective is to pass the information, which I can assure will be as accurate asMessi’s passes !

My videos will generally be on helpful tips, advice, insights as well as answers to frequently asked questions on topics relating to travels to France and other countries in Europe, thereby sharing some of my personal experiences that might interest you.

Lastly, Questions (and answers) will be allowed both here on Nairaland in this Thread and also on my YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/FreemanLibre

So make sure you always grab a bottle of Soda and a bowl of Popcorn before any of my videos that you will be watching, and also, don't forget to click on the 'subscribe' button if you are new here. Thank you !

I’ll be sharing every videos I publish on YouTube in parallel on my thread.

So here is The Introduction Video, Enjoy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3ztTOJcKIo

nice. Can I study international relations ( Undergraduate) in France Using English Language??

thanks ...
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by Savage8563: 9:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
heard all their undergraduate program is in French language.. don't Kno if it's actually true
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by freemanlibre: 3:48am On Mar 21, 2021
Savage8563:
heard all their undergraduate program is in French language.. don't Kno if it's actually true

First Question on this thread by the way !

NOT ALL undergraduate programs are in French (as medium of learning), however we can conclude that MOST of the undergraduate courses are French taught).

International relations is a scarce course in France even in French courses, few universities offer this course.

In conclusion, Private universities are the best for the course.

PS; I will make a video soon on how you can find a course taught in English easily.
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by freemanlibre: 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2021
Hello Y’all. The first main topic I tackled is the issue of tuition fees, as it is one of the most complicated and sought after info most prospective students ponder on.

One News is that, tuition fee for international students in France particularly the Public University has been set to a general fee since septemnber, 2019. So for a Bachelors degree which is always a 3-year durational course, you pay 2,770 Euros per year while for Masters and Doctorate you pay 3,770 eeuros; but a Master's degree is 2 years in France . These fees has been subscidised for many decades and now it has these figures as fixed fees.

Before now it was a National fee where everyone including International students pay the same amount european passport holders pay, which was around just 174 euros for bachelors, 247 eruos for Masters in comparison with the new fee.

So ! another News is that there are some (many) public universities that still have their tution fees as the old subscidised National fee, where you pay a tution fee for less than 250 euros for masters and just 175 euros for A bachelors degree.

And even there are still some of these schools where you can ask for a reduction or even exonoration from paying the new fee based on your previous academic perfomance and results.

Also, concerning private schools, the school fee is not fixed. The price practicaly depends on the courses and level of study. For example an engineering course is always on the high side. So you should expect prices form 3,000 euros up as high as 6, 10, 15,000 euros in private schools.

However there might be questions like are there other payments apart from the tuition fee, will the tuition cover my accomodation and all. Well the fact apart from the tuition going to the university, you are going to be the one to take care of your affairs like acommodation, even there are school hostels for students, you are still going to pay for that seperately;

And Yes, theres something called CVEC, which is a fee you pay every year apart from the tuition fee and accomodation as well, that covers you as student, for scoial, cultural and Education rights which is a fixed amount of 90 euros. so you can check more about that on CVEC website.

So I guess I have been able to explain how the whole tuition fee thingy works in France. Also, do not hesitate at all to throw some questions concerning tutition fees, and other fees.
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by freemanlibre: 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2021
ALL QUESTIONS ARE WELCOMED ! SANS HÉSITATION!
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by Godson1988(m): 10:36pm On Mar 23, 2021
Good evening freemanlibre,thanks and keep up the good work,I have some questions for you.
1 Do one need ielts for masters in france public schools
2 Are there scholarships one can apply for
3 when can one apply for admission
4 Can you give me some public schools I can apply to for masters in human resource management.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by freemanlibre: 10:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
Hello Godson1988 it’s my pleasure. So to answer your questions :

Answer: You realy don’t need ielts or teofl as proof of English, though most schools ask for it and it can be if advantage in case of many applicants. So my advice here is to filter out schools that describe: ‘bringing a letter of exemption for proof of English’ as an option in the requirements.

Answer: Surely, there are schorlaships like Erasmus Mundus and EiffelScholar. There’s also PTDF grant for masters and TOTAL Scholarships. You should have a sound Educational achievement anyways.
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by freemanlibre: 11:02pm On Mar 23, 2021
Godson1988:
Good evening freemanlibre,thanks and keep up the good work,I have some questions for you.
4 Can you give me some public schools I can apply to for masters in human resource management.
Thanks.

So for the last 2 questions;

Answer: There are always 2 intakes. The September and the January intake. But 90% of courses are September so the best time to apply for admission hence is March, April , May and June for September intake.

Well, I wouldn’t know that at head. But I did a quick search and I found related course at University of Rennes 1 and almost in all IAE’s in France.

I guess I have answered your questions. Feel free to drop more for everyone in future to benefit others
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by Lita14: 2:02am On Apr 02, 2021
Hello there! I am so excited to see someone started a thread dedicated to study in France so we can narrow down our searches. I'm looking to apply for an undergraduate program and since there are barely- or even close to none- any undergraduate courses taught in English, I want to first start with a Diploma in French as a foreign language and then, transition into my desired course of study. The thing is, I'm focused on getting the diploma at a public school in Paris, preferably Paris 7 or Paris 13 as I'll be staying with someone who is more familiar with the terrain. My French isn't so good and it makes the information on the school sites confusing. Can you give any information regarding this? From what I see, if I'm correct, it costs a lot (it's divided into 4 modules with separate payments) and also, it states that I have to be a baccalaureate holder. This is the first time doing this on my own concerning France and I hope I can get assistance, no matter how little, so I do not miss this application period. Thank you so much! Would you rather we give back and forth responses here or we can exchange emails? Anything that's fine with you. BTW, I watched your Youtube video.
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by Lita14: 9:21am On Apr 02, 2021
With further research, I discovered that the baccalaureate in France is equal to a high school diploma/certificate, kind of how the degree is called a License there. My main focus now is about the price range and getting the visa. With stories I've seen, they say it's rare for Nigerians to get a Visa to study French in France, although I'm willing to go for it. Do you think there are other alternative to it? I'm taking the DELF before I submit my application (or is it possible to put it in awaiting?). If I can attain the B2 level, do you think I should just go ahead to apply directly for my course of study? Although, to be honest, my biggest focus is to get to study French first.
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by freemanlibre: 6:32pm On Apr 02, 2021
Lita14:
Hello there! I am so excited to see someone started a thread dedicated to study in France so we can narrow down our searches. I'm looking to apply for an undergraduate program and since there are barely- or even close to none- any undergraduate courses taught in English, I want to first start with a Diploma in French as a foreign language and then, transition into my desired course of study. The thing is, I'm focused on getting the diploma at a public school in Paris, preferably Paris 7 or Paris 13 as I'll be staying with someone who is more familiar with the terrain. My French isn't so good and it makes the information on the school sites confusing. Can you give any information regarding this? From what I see, if I'm correct, it costs a lot (it's divided into 4 modules with separate payments) and also, it states that I have to be a baccalaureate holder. This is the first time doing this on my own concerning France and I hope I can get assistance, no matter how little, so I do not miss this application period. Thank you so much! Would you rather we give back and forth responses here or we can exchange emails? Anything that's fine with you. BTW, I watched your Youtube video.

Hello, I will advise you to apply for a license course ‘bachelors degree’ directly, once you can get or have a B2 DELF certificate. It’s more logic and technical that way.

However, since B2 level of DELF is or may not be a simple piece of meat to chew, you can give an application for a Diploma course a try. It’s not ‘too expensive’ per say and yes it’s true the embassy may contemplate on the reason why you didn’t choose a local institution in Nigeria to learn French like Alliance etc... but I’m sure all depends on case to case basis and reason.

•• For the DU, I’ll advice you show more interest in furthering your studies in a motivation letter and also show a sound financial proof.
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by freemanlibre: 9:44am On Apr 27, 2021
Hi y’all it’s been quite a while. Life itself is busy !

So I just dropped this new video I tittled ‘Describing France: What does the country look like ?’.

It’s for the aim to eye-open many that may have zero idea about France.

Enjoy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz9ACB2iEZw

DON’T HESITATE TO DROP YOUR QUESTIONS HERE ON THIS THREAD !

1 Like

Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by Lita14: 1:38am On May 20, 2021
Hi. I've read your reply for a while now and I apologize for not giving mine as soon as I could. Thank you for your advice. I decided to go for a diploma course and I already started my application process. The school needs to do a review and they sent me a list of documents I'd need to provide them with. Although, I sent it all, I'm a bit confused about a part of their reply. In their words, "Thanks for documents and answer
I need official detailed document from your school , and not only hard copy screen ". Does this mean they need a testimonial certificate or they need proof, like a scratch card for instance?
I sent them my motivation letter, high school result and copy of my passport data-page. About the French certificate, we reached an agreement that I would provide it as soon as it was ready, when I am chosen to proceed with my application, after the selection process.
If it's not much of a bother, can I send you a mail?
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by Osasok(f): 6:59pm On May 31, 2021
Apart from alliance français where else can I write my delf exams before October
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by Lita14: 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2021
Osasok:
Apart from alliance français where else can I write my delf exams before October
I think Alliance francaise is the only authorized institution for obtaining French certificate exams like the DELF. There is usually a 2 month interval between the exams, so if you're looking to get the certificate before October, there's an exam scheduled for June (The registration deadline is up though) and another in August.
If I may ask, why do you ask for an institution other than alliance francaise to obtain your delf?
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by freemanlibre: 10:13pm On Jun 08, 2021
Lita14:
Hi. I've read your reply for a while now and I apologize for not giving mine as soon as I could. Thank you for your advice. I decided to go for a diploma course and I already started my application process. The school needs to do a review and they sent me a list of documents I'd need to provide them with. Although, I sent it all, I'm a bit confused about a part of their reply. In their words, "Thanks for documents and answer
I need official detailed document from your school , and not only hard copy screen ". Does this mean they need a testimonial certificate or they need proof, like a scratch card for instance?
I sent them my motivation letter, high school result and copy of my passport data-page. About the French certificate, we reached an agreement that I would provide it as soon as it was ready, when I am chosen to proceed with my application, after the selection process.
If it's not much of a bother, can I send you a mail?

Hello, and also sorry for the late replies here on the thread. Questions needs to keep popping-in to make it a well interactive one.

So, what I understand by their reply is that they need your official documents being scanned (to show its a physical certificate/documents) and not a digital or 'numerique' format like the french will say. You can also send documents by post if possible like photocopies and for example original academic transcripts.

However, what I can advice you is that always show clarity in documentations and also always make it look well 'packaged' when presented.
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by freemanlibre: 10:19pm On Jun 08, 2021
Osasok:

Apart from Alliance Francaise centres in Nigeria, you can also write your DELF/DALF exams in The Nigerian French Language Village, NFLV in Badagry Lagos (They even always have a third session in Decembers, apart from the normal March and June exam sessions). Then there is the Institut Français in Abuja as well.

So since you want to write it before June, then you should contact Institut Français du Nigeria.

Bonne Chance !
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by geloorrrrdd(m): 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2021
How is the language barrier over there? Do most people there speak English?
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by freemanlibre: 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2021
geloorrrrdd:
How is the language barrier over there? Do most people there speak English?

To be realistic, France is more French than other European country is to their respective language. In an obvious international environment, the language barrier is invisible, places like Schools, Unis, Touristic areas and sites.

Generally, some cities are more English than the other. I mean in terms of meeting people that speak English as a first language, foreigners etc. Cities like Nice, Toulouse and Lille are quite more English than any other cities in France. And also student cities are more international, hence the language barrier could also be invisible, such as Rennes, Grenoble, Toulouse etc

1 Like

Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by Lita14: 11:16pm On Jun 18, 2021
Thank you for your reply. I already figured out what it meant and sent what was required by the school. I got accepted and already began with the processes before the visa application. I'll keep what you said in mind concerning presentation of documents. Any advises before I proceed?
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by freemanlibre: 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
Congrats on your acceptance. What school and city is it ?

If its a private school, then I guess you are not obliged to go through the campus France procedure.

However, make sure ALL your documents are complete before submitting your application at the VFS centre and also if you are being sponsored by someone related to you make sure your financial guarantor bares the same surname as yours (make this your priority by all means). It facilitates things.

And lastly, If you can ask for a complementary letter from the school to back up your visa application, it would be very nice as well.

Goodluck !
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by ayo4eva: 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2021
Hi, I have a friend who recently got admission to study in France. She is having mixed feelings about it. Upon expiration of her study does she get a 2 years post study visa or she will have to leave the country. Thank you
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by Lita14: 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2021
Thank you. It is a public university in Paris. University Of Paris.
Thanks for letting me know. But then, if you're not related to your sponsor or they don't bear the same surname as yours, what can be done?
Also, about including all documents, does this apply to only VFS? In a situation where a document is missing but you're sure to get it before starting the VFS application, for the Campus France application, can it help to include in the motivation/cover letter attached that there is a missing document that would be available later? What can work in such situation?
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by freemanlibre: 2:37pm On Jun 21, 2021
ayo4eva:
Hi, I have a friend who recently got admission to study in France. She is having mixed feelings about it. Upon expiration of her study does she get a 2 years post study visa or she will have to leave the country. Thank you

It’s absolutely normal to have a mixed feeling over future effective decisions like this. But don’t waste the opportunity! No where will become heaven the following day !

After studies, mostly masters, you can apply for A year prolongation to look for the desired job if you couldn’t get it before your visa expires.
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by freemanlibre: 2:41pm On Jun 21, 2021
Lita14:
Thank you. It is a public university in Paris. University Of Paris.
Thanks for letting me know. But then, if you're not related to your sponsor or they don't bear the same surname as yours, what can be done?
Also, about including all documents, does this apply to only VFS? In a situation where a document is missing but you're sure to get it before starting the VFS application, for the Campus France application, can it help to include in the motivation/cover letter attached that there is a missing document that would be available later? What can work in such situation?

Cool and Congrats once again.

Yes at VFS while submitting don’t ever submit without any single missing document to avoid issue. Download the checklist for student visa. You will see it while filling the form online. Once there a missing document that you are waiting for, then you can wait till you get it.

Issues with your guarantor bearing your surname is not a compulsion but very and highly recommended.
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by Lita14: 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2021
Thank you. I'll do just that. smiley
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by Onake511(f): 9:35am On Jun 23, 2021
Please did you have to register with campus français to process your admission?
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by freemanlibre: 1:43pm On Jun 23, 2021
Onake511:
Please did you have to register with campus français to process your admission?

Yes, all admitted students have to register with Campus France or at least ‘inform’ Campus France office (Lagos or Abuja) before processing a student visa.
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by Onake511(f): 7:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
Oh thanks a bunch. Is it too late to process admission for September?
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by ayo4eva: 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2021
freemanlibre:

It’s absolutely normal to have a mixed feeling over future effective decisions like this. But don’t waste the opportunity! No where will become heaven the following day !

After studies, mostly masters, you can apply for A year prolongation to look for the desired job if you couldn’t get it before your visa expires.

Thank you
Re: France Travel & Study Info-guides + YouTube Video Vlogs by freemanlibre: 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
Onake511:
Oh thanks a bunch. Is it too late to process admission for September?

It’s almost too late for public schools but not too late for private universities ! For September intakes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dongguan The Commercial Sex Capital Of China. / Study In Latvia �� �� Question & Answer / Best Country To Settle With Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.