Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (1707 Views)

Any Chance Of Another Life After Death? I Have Messed Up This One / Three Type Of Beliefs That Messed Up The African Mindset / Nicole Cliffe: How God Messed Up My Happy Atheist Life. Must Read For All! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 25, 2021
budaatum:

And that's indeed your choice.

However much an ant may love, buda who has a bigger brain and who went to school and reads books and who lives hundreds of more days than an ant lives must definitely have lots of reasons and be more capable of more love than an ant and apparently much more than HellVictorinho.

I didn't choose to have no reason to be more loving than an ant.
I also don't agree that your love is greater than that of an ant.
There's no philosopher or psychiatrist or psychologist that can determine how the love of any human being is greater than that of an ant.
Budaatum!!!!!!!!!!
Love is a feeling that is expressed by chance.
It cannot be measured.
You either love me or you don't.
If you write a poem to demonstrate your love for me,it doesn't mean it's greater or less than that of a pig towards something else.
If you ask me to marry you,it doesn't mean it's less or greater than that of a snake towards something else.
What makes you think your love can be greater or less than that of a hen?
The books you have read were written by humans and I'm also a human though I'm Hell.
Should you discard what I'm saying because I have not written any book?

1 Like

Re: . by budaatum: 1:21am On Mar 25, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I didn't choose to have no reason to be more loving than an ant.
I also don't agree that your love is greater than that of an ant.
There's no philosopher or psychiatrist or psychologist that can determine how the love of any human being is greater than that of an ant.
Budaatum!!!!!!!!!!
Love is a feeling that is expressed by chance.
It cannot be measured
You either love me or you don't.
If you write a poem to demonstrate your love for me,it doesn't mean it's greater or less than that of a pig towards something else.
If you ask me to marry you,it doesn't mean it's less or greater than that of a snake towards something else.
What makes you think your love can be greater or less than that of a hen?
The books you have read were written by humans and I'm also a human though I'm Hell.
Should you discard what I'm saying because I have not written any book?

Where do you get this from? Hell, perhaps?

Is it by chance that you love your mother more than you love my mother?

Do you love a dog as much as you love your father?

Do you not love yourself more than you love ants?

Does buda not love you immense precisely because you write book on here!

Think now, Hell. Use those brain muscles so they don't atrophise, I'm begging you please.

How can love, that is highly selective, be "a feeling that is expressed by chance"?
Re: . by Nobody: 1:37am On Mar 25, 2021
budaatum:

Where do you get this from? Hell, perhaps?

Is it by chance that you love your mother more than you love my mother?

Do you love a dog as much as you love your father?

Do you not love yourself more than you love ants?

Does buda not love you immense precisely because you write book on here!

Think now, Hell. Use those brain muscles so they don't atrophise, I'm begging you please.

How can love, that is highly selective, be "a feeling that is expressed by chance"?
I neither love nor hate your mother.
I don't love dogs.
I don't love ants.
Actually, you don't even select who or what to love.
You just get exposed to something that's lovely or someone that is lovable by chance.
It's a matter of an exposure that happens by chance.
So,what you love today might become what you don't love tomorrow including your mother.
Re: . by budaatum: 1:48am On Mar 25, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I neither love nor hate your mother.
I don't love dogs.
I don't love ants.
Actually, you don't even select who or what to love.
You just get exposed to something that's lovely or someone that is lovable by chance.
It's a matter of an exposure that happens by chance.
So,what you love today might become what you hate tomorrow including your mother.

I can only hope you select to love yourself at least and don't leave that to chance. Though, considering this post of your's, I confess to having doubts.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 25, 2021
budaatum:

I can only hope you select to love yourself at least and don't leave that to chance. Though, considering this post of your's, I confess to having doubts.
If your lack of understanding of my post causes you to doubt my love for myself,then that's your cup of wine.
Re: . by NairalandSARS: 8:33am On Mar 25, 2021
ThePlainTruth:
Everything in this world is just a scam, religion, marriage, friendship, jobs, polititics etc are all a scam, so what is God enjoying from creating this messed up world?
Me self I wonder.
God supposedly existed (alone) for eternity past and had no need for anything and then suddenly decided to create the universe? For what? For his glory? Why did He suddenly need the glory?
Methinks it is most likely He has created countless universes before this one and destroyed them too.
He is just fucking with us.

1 Like

Re: . by Pecuman: 1:02am On Mar 26, 2021
I don't think this world is messed up and maybe it is a perspective thing, the world is wonderful in its own way for most.

Like see the Ecclesiastes quote on life without God.

Ecclesiastes 4 1
And I declared that the dead, who had already died, are happier than the living, who are still alive. But better than both is he who has not yet been, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun.

So I would say for most, life without God will be meaningless and suffering through hardship for nothing is something that is hard for people, but if you believe in God and the inherit meaning and usefulness of life, you get a new energy to be able to suffer gracefully through hardship and enjoy the wonders of life more fully.

Tho, I can't just throw the unbelievers under the bus. There is this idea of "Optimistic Nihilism" which books down to, if life is meaningless, pain is meaningless and should be Ignored and joy and happiness should be indulged. It basically sounds like another way of justifying Stoicism, a similar but older idea.

And for those not too neurotic, this way of Ignoring and enduring hardship and focusing on the good is a good way to pass thru life.
Re: . by Pecuman: 1:03am On Mar 26, 2021
NairalandSARS:

Me self I wonder.
God supposedly existed (alone) for eternity past and had no need for anything and then suddenly decided to create the universe? For what? For his glory? Why did He suddenly need the glory?
Methinks it is most likely He has created countless universes before this one and destroyed them too.
He is just fucking with us.

Or given the way time would work outside a universe, it would be more that they all exist simultaneously.
Re: . by NairalandSARS: 6:23am On Mar 26, 2021
Pecuman:

Or given the way time would work outside a universe, it would be more that they all exist simultaneously.
If they exist simultaneously, then would we say He created the universe?
Maybe He didn't create the universe but affects it. May be the reason He has so little effect in the universe.
Re: . by Pecuman: 10:27am On Mar 26, 2021
NairalandSARS:

If they exist simultaneously, then would we say He created the universe?
Maybe He didn't create the universe but affects it. May be the reason He has so little effect in the universe.

The nature of a timeless existance would be indistinguishable for everything happening simultaneously even if it isn't actually happening simultaneously.

It is a way of existing that we has humans cannot comprehend but there is some hope that we can at least calculate it.

Also, I timeless existance would also be indistinguishable from things having no beginning as everything would be happening at the same time coordinate.

So everything would be like happening simultaneously and unendingly, even tho that isn't the best description, it is the closest description we can comprehend.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense / Who Is An Atheist? / Xtians Answer This If You Know You Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.