Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,413 members, 7,800,859 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl (5350 Views)

Paul Okoye Blasts Davido For Calling Those Who Attended His Birthday Party Pussy / Parents Buy Daughter A Car For Her Graduation As A Doctor In South Africa (Photo / What A Father Told His Daughter A-day Before Her Wedding - Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by njelrapheal: 8:50am On Mar 21, 2021
WoundedLamb:

I don't really know how to respond to this. Which part of my comment suggested I agree with the judgment?

Ok, let's try this again. You called my attention to this thread because you believe that as a pro LGBTQ nairalander, I'd automatically try to defend the court's ruling on the matter. My response to you aimed to decry that impression by letting you know that I (and many other Canadians) don't just defend something based on the need to protect a herd (gender, region, sexual orientation, etc). People are very individualistic and opinionated here. Of course, there's a division in British Columbia regarding this case but that division is not necessarily along the lines of sexual orientation as you would assume. That is to say people in the gay community (including supporters) don't necessarily have the same opinion regarding the case. Some agree with the ruling while some don't. Likewise, the anti-gay conservatives have different views. That's because this isn't about gay rights but about the rights that should or should not be given to minors. Again, I also assertively disagreed with the idea that the country has a grand scheme to increase the gay populace as you had posited.

Personally, I believe any adult has the right to do any form of body enhancement including gender transitioning. We don't choose our birth gender but it wouldn't make sense living one's life feeling trapped in a body when one can actually be freed from it. It's actually funny that Nigerians who don't support willful transgendering also do not accommodate/tolerate congenitally effeminate guys. What do you want these guys to do? Kill themselves? But then again, I believe a kid should only undergo such therapy if it's a medical need. In other words, even parental consent shouldn't be enough to let a minor transition into another gender. Otherwise, I fear we might have cases of promiscuous parents convincing thier kids to transition into their preferred gender (of course, this is far fetched given the prerequisites but not impossible). In summary, I disagree with the Supreme Court's ruling. However, I think the man is unarguably guilty of the charges brought against him. You don't flout court's orders and walk away with it. That would destroy the potency of our legal system.

Cases like this create awareness and could lead to amendments. Let's see how this one goes. Thanks.

Please what do you mean that @bolded and how do one be freed from the body. Are you saying a simple gender reassignment would mean the person would then be free from the body.
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by kevoh(m): 8:57am On Mar 21, 2021
kalu61:
Yes, it's based in Nigeria. Africa in particular.

Why should l delete it?
Nigeria is not a beacon of morality. The attitude of Nigerians to corruption, embezzlement and tribalism attest to that fact, amongst other vices, that are now seen as normal in this country. All the cultural upbringing and not-sparing-the-rod has not been able to change that fact.

Nigeria does not accept everything but currently is a country that its name is synonymous with chaos.

Every country has its issues but some are doing their best to manage it well. Nigeria with its various different cultures does not fall among!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by LordKO(m): 9:05am On Mar 21, 2021
He was jailed for violating the Canadian SCJ, which is legally justified, the matrimonial law violation of his ethical and fundamental rights and beliefs notwithstanding, and not because of misgendering.

His main enemy is the skewed matrimonial law which has systematically destroyed the family system, no thanks to anyone who wittingly or unwittingly supports liberty without decorum or takes delight in evil.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by jelel6: 11:27am On Mar 21, 2021
Remember this is a society that it's illegal to provide or sell alcohol to minors (rightly so). In fact, some places frown at recieving minors anywhere alcohol is served.

Remember, this is also the same society that says it's illegal for an adult to solicit anything sexual from a minor (again, rightly so).

Hence, it's almost impossible for such a society to justify "brainwashing" seventh graders (minors age 12-13) with "sexual and gender identity education materials. Also, they can have a professional, and understandably far experienced gender ideologue psychologists talk to their minors about social transitioning into whatever the hell they want!

And all that can be done in schools WITHOUT the consent of their parents!

Somehow, it's NOT okay for adults to influence a minor into drinking alcohol or having sex but it's PERFECTLY OKAY for professional gender ideologue psychologists to influence a minor's decision to identify with their TRUE gender.

It's them and their laws, obviously.

3 Likes

Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by blueAgent(m): 12:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
WoundedLamb:

I do not know you (not disrespect intended, I just don't remember usernames) but if you knew me well enough to have called my attention to this thread, then you probably also know I'm not just a freedom advocate (or "LGBT apologist" if you prefer that) but also a Canadian. Here, it's not always a You vs Us. Most times, people are divided based on personal opinions and not necessarily based on stuff like origine, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc. In other words, this is a controversial issue even within the LGBTQ community here in Canada. Contrary to your take, transgendering does not necessarily "help" the gay sub-community (sometimes, it does the opposite) and there's nothing like an attempt to increase the LGBTQ populace. The LGBTQ community does not need population and Canada will gain nothing by trying to increase the number of gay people in a country begging for population. You need to begin to understand that the LGBTQ struggle is that of survival and nothing more. The gay kid in the streets of Lagos does not care about any agenda or conspiracy theory, he just wants to live!

Now about the case: a 14 year old kid can't just walk into a hospital and ask doctors to carry out such an extensive therapy on her and they'd do it. She neither has the financial resources nor the power. The law says a child of that age must get the consent of her parent or parents as the case may be (depending on whether they are still together). And even at that, a historical record and psychological analysis must be carried out to ascertain if truly the kid has masculine dispositions. In this particular case, the records show the kid has always been more masculine than feminine and the mother consented to it. The father opposed and took the case to the court. However, since the parents are already separated and the mother has custody of the child, the Supreme Court ruled that her consent was enough. The man was asked to adopt the kid's preferred pronoun (which he never did). Again, well within his rights, he took the case to the court of appeal. While this was going on, he was ordered not to divulge the identity of the daughter, wife and medicale personnel involved in public to avoid exposing them to the associated trauma of such publicity. For privacy reasons, the court also emphasized that he must not allow relevant documents (petitions, affidavits, letters, court orders, etc.) to come into the hands of third parties not “authorized by order of this court,” or with “written consent” from his daughter. But he dared the law, went online and let it all out. He was charged and he went ahead to do it again. He wasn't just arrested cause of the pronoun.

I did not tell you this to sway your opinion (I'm not in full support of the judgment myself). I just wanted to show you where the actual divide is. It is not a straight people vs gay people thing. Some argue that letting him go after daring the Supreme Court of Canada would set a terrible precedence. According to them, the man would have continued the fight within legal means. He could have gone ahead to appeal the court order. On the other hand, others argue that both parents should consent before such a therapy is carried out on a minor regardless of whether they're separated or not. They also believe the court order was unfair. Then we have the last group who believe a kid of that age should never undergo such a therapy regardless of the parents' consent. These three groups can be found even within the gay community.

Do you know that a couple of years ago Homosexuality was called a mental illness by American psychologists association even till today?
Years past people with such doubts would have recieved treatments and counselling till they overcome such challenges, which would have been better considering the fact that over 80% of them who undergo surgery to transgender often regret it later in life.

The movement to promote gay rights is one beyond the fight for human rights, the ones behind such agenda(The Elites NWO) have different motives than the advocates and liberals who are just naive foot soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by JovialJune(f): 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
What a pity, soon all.these western societies accepting rubbish for political correctness and so called individual rights, will soon implode on themselves very soon, the aftermath of the rubbish they keep accepting and adding to their laws, will bite their asses so bloody deep they'd all look for sane, safe havens to migrate to, and we all know it will be Africa, they should continue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by Remijuice: 12:52pm On Mar 21, 2021
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by blueAgent(m): 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
kalu61:
Yes, it's based in Nigeria. Africa in particular.

Why should l delete it?

You think African culture is morally superior to western culture?
You are a learner you barely know anything about both cultures

2 Likes

Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by Remijuice: 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
Jman06:
Live the life you love provided you're not infringing on another person's rights. If you know you're homosexual, be open about it but NEVER force it on anyone.

Someone like myself, prefers an open "sinner" to a hidden but probably more dangerous one.

We cannot be you!

I don't have to condemn or commend anyone before them.
I like every one to live the life they want to.
We can't be open with everyone.
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by blueAgent(m): 12:59pm On Mar 21, 2021
LordKO:
He was jailed for violating the Canadian SCJ, which is legally justified, the matrimonial law violation of his ethical and fundamental rights and beliefs notwithstanding, and not because of misgendering.

His main enemy is the skewed matrimonial law which has systematically destroyed the family system, no thanks to anyone who wittingly or unwittingly supports liberty without decorum or takes delight in evil.

True,
Most people do not understand that their is a battle of spiritual dimensions going on and is been waged on all humanity.
From feminism to rights for LGBTQ,BLM and fight against racism are all fronts for the elite to achieve their Satanic agenda.
You can search for the protocol of the elders of Zion.
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by blueAgent(m): 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
JovialJune:
What a pity, soon all.these western societies accepting rubbish for political correctness and so called individual rights, will soon implode on themselves very soon, the aftermath of the rubbish they keep accepting and adding to their laws, will bite their asses so bloody deep they'd all look for sane, safe havens to migrate to, and we all know it will be Africa, they should continue.

True,
But Africa would not be spared for too long from embracing such laws and culture.
You need to understand why and how this attitude and culture emerged and is celebrated in Western society, for you to know its impact on the World.
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by JovialJune(f): 1:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
blueAgent:

True,
But Africa would not be spared for too long from embracing such laws and culture.
You need to understand why and how this attitude and culture emerged and is celebrated in Western society, for you to know its impact on the World.

We will be very much spared, even if it means starting from scratch in development cos of financial aids and other sanctions they'd most likely use as repercussion for not accepting the nonsense, we will not accept that kind of stupid lifestyle,

Sometimes I'm kind of grateful for how religious we are when stamping out foot down on certain things such as this, regardless of the few hypocrites and whatnot, it will work to our advantage in the long run, we can't allow/accept this rubbish gaskiya.
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
I feel for him. Most Fathers wouldn't be thrilled at the idea of their little girl turning into a little boy, or vice versa.

At least he's not Dwyane Wade who accepted his 12-year old son, Zion, to be a girl and live as one. Zion now goes by Zaya and the pronouns "she/her".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by kalu61(m): 2:00pm On Mar 21, 2021
blueAgent:

You think African culture is morally superior to western culture?
You are a learner you barely know anything about both cultures
You are responsible for what you understand. I said my culture is the best for me.
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by bukatyne(f): 2:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
Jman06:
Live the life you love provided you're not infringing on another person's rights. If you know you're homosexual, be open about it but NEVER force it on anyone.

Someone like myself, prefers an open "sinner" to a hidden but probably more dangerous one.

Are they not infringing on this father's right to call his child whom he donated X chromosomes for and born a girl 'his daughter'?
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by bukatyne(f): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2021
If this girl started to call herself a goat, would her mother build a pen for her?

Well, nothing strange.

When you combine the human characteristics of constant dissatisfaction with a state and 'unlimited freedom of choice', the OP is the result.

If they insist the girl is a boy and change her sex, the father should wash his hands off.

He impregnated his ex with a girl and not a boy.

When they bring his daughter, he can continue fathering her.

How/why did he marry a psycho in the first place?

3 Likes

Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by KillerBeauty(f): 2:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
blueAgent:

It's all part of a bigger agenda , which most liberals and people do not know.
NWO.
What exactly is the bigger agenda and overall goal?
Is it population control?
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by bukatyne(f): 2:22pm On Mar 21, 2021
jelel6:
Remember this is a society that it's illegal to provide or sell alcohol to minors (rightly so). In fact, some places frown at recieving minors anywhere alcohol is served.

Remember, this is also the same society that says it's illegal for an adult to solicit anything sexual from a minor (again, rightly so).

Hence, it's almost impossible for such a society to justify "brainwashing" seventh graders (minors age 12-13) with "sexual and gender identity education materials. Also, they can have a professional, and understandably far experienced gender ideologue psychologists talk to their minors about social transitioning into whatever the hell they want!

And all that can be done in schools WITHOUT the consent of their parents!

Somehow, it's NOT okay for adults to influence a minor into drinking alcohol or having sex but it's PERFECTLY OKAY for professional gender ideologue psychologists to influence a minor's decision to identify with their TRUE gender.

It's them and their laws, obviously.

Hahahahahaha @ the last paragraph.

Someone who is not old enough to consent to sex or drink alcohol is 'old' enough to insist on the gender he/she is.

2 Likes

Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by Twelfthman: 3:53pm On Mar 21, 2021
Not surprise. It's part of the new world agenda. Excessive push of child right to the point that parent lost control of their kids and thus unable to teach, guild and discipline bad behaviors in their children. They won't let you teach your child about God. Now they trying to make these kids practices Satanism in school.
When family foundation is destroy. The world is thus destroyed.
This world is so mess up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by blueAgent(m): 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
KillerBeauty:

What exactly is the bigger agenda and overall goal?
Is it population control?

Yes, but also to destroy present civilisation and society norms while ushering in there Satanic norms.
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by blueAgent(m): 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
kalu61:
You are responsible for what you understand. I said my culture is the best for me.

No, what you were insinuating is that African culture was better than Western culture.

When you say my culture, do you mean the one influenced by Christian values which is western or the one we had before colonization?

1 Like

Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by Jman06(m): 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
bukatyne:

Are they not infringing on this father's right to call his child whom he donated X chromosomes for and born a girl 'his daughter'?
They're not infringing on his personal right because there's a state's law backing up their action.
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by blueAgent(m): 4:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
JovialJune:

We will be very much spared, even if it means starting from scratch in development cos of financial aids and other sanctions they'd most likely use as repercussion for not accepting the nonsense, we will not accept that kind of stupid lifestyle,

Sometimes I'm kind of grateful for how religious we are when stamping out foot down on certain things such as this, regardless of the few hypocrites and whatnot, it will work to our advantage in the long run, we can't allow/accept this rubbish gaskiya.

You really underestimate what is been done by the elites with regard to this issue.

We were not as religious as Europeans and westerners a couple of years ago but look were they are today.

Same thing is happening in Nigeria and Africa, Angola just passed laws that favour homosexuality.

Look at our music videos and see how sexuality is sold to the masses as a norm, it was not like this few years ago.

It will take time but it will likely happen.
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by bukatyne(f): 4:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
Jman06:
They're not infringing on his personal right because there's a state's law backing up their action.

Interesting.

So it is a State's law that would tell a man who ejaculated X chromosomes into the womb of a woman what to call the result of his labour?

Even Saudi Arabia that attempts to control their citizens have not dreamt of wielding such power.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by blueAgent(m): 4:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
bukatyne:

I wonder.
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by blueAgent(m): 4:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
bukatyne:

Hahahahahaha @ the last paragraph.

Someone who is not old enough to consent to sex or drink alcohol is 'old' enough to insist on the gender he/she is.

You can see the hypocrisy.

In US prostitution is illegal in virtual all 50states but pornography is legal and a big industry.

That will show you the level of deception.
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by blueAgent(m): 4:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Twelfthman:
Not surprise. It's part of the new world agenda. Excessive push if child right to the point that parent lost control of their kids and thus unable to teach, guild and discipline bad behaviors in their children. They won't let you teach your child about God. Now they trying to make these kids practices Satanism in school.
When family foundation is destroy. The world is thus destroyed.
This world is so mess up

Perfect.
They have gone as far as teaching 7 year olds in schools in Britain sex education and Masturbation.

1 Like

Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by Jman06(m): 4:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
bukatyne:

Interesting.

So it is a State's law that would tell a man who ejaculated X chromosomes into the womb of a woman what to call the result of his labour?

Even Saudi Arabia that attempts to control their citizens have not dreamt of wielding such power.
Remember also that the child has become a separate human of his own. Just like the father has no right to terminate his existence, so does he have no right to dictate her gender -- going by the law in effect.
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by blueAgent(m): 4:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
Jman06:

Biased state law.

Everything in Western society is rigged against men inorder to favour women.
All is carefully been done to destroy western Christian civilisation.
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by kalu61(m): 4:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
blueAgent:

No, what you were insinuating is that African culture was better than Western culture.

When you say my culture, do you mean the one influenced by Christian values which is western or the one we had before colonization?
What you understand is up to you. Bye
Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by bukatyne(f): 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
Jman06:
Remember also that the child has become a separate human of his own. Just like the father has no right to terminate his existence, so does he have no right to dictate her gender -- going by the law in effect.

Is this father still expected to cater for the child?

Or is the father free of that also?

3 Likes

Re: Canada: Man Jailed For Calling His Daughter A Girl by Jman06(m): 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2021
blueAgent:

Biased state law.

Everything in Western society is rigged against men inorder to favour women.
All is carefully been done to destroy western Christian civilisation.
Me I like that because it aids population control and allows people reach their potentials without any gender restrictions. It'll introduce variety into the world and make life more fun!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does He Really Love Me? / What remedies can help? / Need Advice On Life as a Single Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.