Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

A Newly Admitted Medical Student In Need Of Advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Newly Admitted Medical Student In Need Of Advice (923 Views)

Esther Adaobi Azom Gets Car From Ooni Of Ife As Best Graduating Medical Student / UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. / UNILAG Registration Procedure For Newly Admitted Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Newly Admitted Medical Student In Need Of Advice by Failure44: 10:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
After writing jamb 3 times, finally landed medicine.
I desperately want to make my mother proud, so pls any past or current medical student should pls help me out topics I should focus on before resumption before newly admitted students begin classes.(about a month an half left)

I'm already about to start pounding hard on organic chemistry with dozens of tutorial videos downloaded.

Is there any topic specially I need to learn?!
Fynestboi
Richieez
Seun
Mynd44
Fp pls so I can get more help

Re: A Newly Admitted Medical Student In Need Of Advice by UkBalesNig(f): 10:20pm On Mar 20, 2021
I pray you find someone to put you through.
Re: A Newly Admitted Medical Student In Need Of Advice by atiku4President(m): 10:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
Be nice to every day that comes and take your classes one after the other as they start coming.
Re: A Newly Admitted Medical Student In Need Of Advice by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
With internet it is easier to read, understand and pass exams nowadays.

But u must stay focused.

Don't carry your hands and legs by yourself to start looking for distractions.

Apply your mind, work hard, pray well, interact, mingle and network with other students.

Laslas u will be alright

enjoy your stay.

2 Likes

Re: A Newly Admitted Medical Student In Need Of Advice by Osoboshi: 11:37am On Mar 21, 2021
congratulations man,getting admission into a med skul is not easy.A 4th year med student of UNN
for ur first year just try and attend classes +practicals,for my skul it was majorly the materials given to us by lecturers that we used,it was more sec skul stuff sha.
New courses u will be introduced to are medical genetics in first semester,then parasitology in 2nd semester of not everytin was basic sec skul stuff.
try and get a very good G.P bcus of scholarship. that's for now but if u still want me to brief u on ur 2nd and 3rd year course work just qoute me.
don't mind my crazy writing sha,ain't gat time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Newly Admitted Medical Student In Need Of Advice by Saviourk: 12:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
Re: A Newly Admitted Medical Student In Need Of Advice by Saviourk: 1:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
Tnx for the advice..
Osoboshi:
congratulations man,getting admission into a med skul is not easy.A 4th year med student of UNN
for ur first year just try and attend classes +practicals,for my skul it was majorly the materials given to us by lecturers that we used,it was more sec skul stuff sha.
New courses u will be introduced to are medical genetics in first semester,then parasitology in 2nd semester of not everytin was basic sec skul stuff.
try and get a very good G.P bcus of scholarship. that's for now but if u still want me to brief u on ur 2nd and 3rd year course work just qoute me.
Re: A Newly Admitted Medical Student In Need Of Advice by yerobiukini(m): 6:48pm On Mar 21, 2021
please don't be annoyed, what your JAMB score?
and can you send me your whatsapp number I want to discuss something with you in private
Re: A Newly Admitted Medical Student In Need Of Advice by Failure44: 3:15pm On Mar 22, 2021
yerobiukini:
please don't be annoyed, what your JAMB score?
and can you send me your whatsapp number I want to discuss something with you in private

I got admission through pre degree
Re: A Newly Admitted Medical Student In Need Of Advice by Failure44: 3:16pm On Mar 22, 2021
Osoboshi:
Thanks for the advice mate
Re: A Newly Admitted Medical Student In Need Of Advice by Failure44: 11:46pm On Oct 10, 2022
Osoboshi:
Hello
I'm currently in my 2and year now
Finished with a gp of 4.1

Anatomy has shocked me
I have never seen something so difficult to understand in my life

How did you go through these 2nd year courses??
Re: A Newly Admitted Medical Student In Need Of Advice by Osoboshi: 8:34am On Oct 11, 2022
Failure44:

Hello
I'm currently in my 2and year now
Finished with a gp of 4.1

Anatomy has shocked me
I have never seen something so difficult to understand in my life

How did you go through these 2nd year courses??
anatomy is actually a very beautiful but difficult course.But one thing u should have in mind is that ur every reading should be geared towards a particular exam.One mistake to avoid is placing all focus on McQ forgetting essay and steeple chase .
For McQ,read with ur atlas always anything u read look it up there and use McQ questions both from ur school and other skuls to test urself but remember u can't read and remember everything.
For essay in my school it is structerd intomajor nerves,joints,organs,and mzlso write essays on all major nerves organ etc.look for time to be revising them.
For steeple chase ur weaters depending on school for histology slide and at last for the bones.
For viva just try and be calm.
Then try and meet ur senior colleagues for more advice.
My 2 cent,don't mind the typo s
Re: A Newly Admitted Medical Student In Need Of Advice by Benblaq(m): 11:58am On Oct 11, 2022
Failure44:
After writing jamb 3 times, finally landed medicine.
I desperately want to make my mother proud, so pls any past or current medical student should pls help me out topics I should focus on before resumption before newly admitted students begin classes.(about a month an half left)

I'm already about to start pounding hard on organic chemistry with dozens of tutorial videos downloaded.

Is there any topic specially I need to learn?!
Fynestboi
Richieez
Seun
Mynd44
Fp pls so I can get more help
Which kind name you dey bear? Nawa for you o
Re: A Newly Admitted Medical Student In Need Of Advice by Doctorgid: 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2022
Don't bother yourself loading your head with year 1 course. It is more or less a upgrade of secondary school work. Enjoy the limited time you have at home because you won't have this kind of rest again and you will be wishing for strike to happen ni when lectures started rolling in especially starting from your year two. And also apply for as much scholarship as possible. Medicine(school generally) is less stressing when you have money to buy books, photocopy materials, chop better food etc. Don't follow 8-8 reading gurus. Just know yourself. Na person wey pass sabi book. For you to get admitted shows you are capable. Lastly, this is not to scare you but no be all of you wey get admission go graduate. Some will be withdraw. If you are spiritual, pls pray. I have seen the might been repeated and withdrawn after each exam. I wish I can say more but trust me you will understand things as it goes. Congratulations doc.

(1) (Reply)

2021 Active Scholarship / JAPA: How To Acquire Some Of The Best Student Loans For African Students / Yoruba: The Ancestor Of Igodomigodo (Edo People)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.