Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes (30081 Views)

Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) / Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by banty: 5:48pm On Mar 21, 2021
247Dior:
Christianity has done a lot to better our life and improve on our living standard, what has islam done/brought to this world aside terrorism,pain and agony? Why is these Muslims dragging a school built by christians? Why not build your own school?

I read in an historical transcript that most of the lost archives from the days of Solomon was kept by islamic scholars. There are good islam folks across the globe. we can filter the good ones from the bad. I be Christian !
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by atonement12: 5:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
oluwaseyi0:

From my personal experience:

I attended high school in ogun state, the school uniform is very simple and straight forward no hijab, but beret, Catholic rosery if found on your neck will be destroyed, black belt or sandal will be seized only brown allowed

There's another school across the town know as Ahmadiyya high school ( those from Ago Iwoye or schooled in Olabisi Onabanjo University) ogun state will know, has hijab as there school uniform and all their girls wear trousers, no skirt - that's the uniform, even though the school is fully state funded and has more Christian students

Muslim started there issue and start forcefully make their girls wear hijab in my school, even though the school authority said splitting of uniform may lead to security issues as attacks can easily be targeted at Muslim or non Muslim because they are easy to identify but those Muslim will have none of that

Back to amadiyya school that have default hijab as its uniform this exact same people trying to force hijab on previously Christian School violently reject hijab to be removed as uniform for non Muslim in Ahmadiyya school

Islam is a religion that can't survive competition or neutrality, they force on others what they can't accept

Will hisbah in Kano only destroy beer belonging to Muslim sellers? The answer is no

They will force their Sharia on all religion including the traditional religion who sometimes need alcohol to complete their religious rite or procession

Back to my school, my school was finally arm twist to allow hijab but you will think that's the end of the matter but trust Muslim to always want more

The hijab was agreed to be initially short and should not cover beyond the Brest, but some alfas start wearing hijab that is almost reaching toes, far below the knees for their children, another issue start, how long of hijab is too long

another big and serious fight start on that before I graduated

I know very soon after hijab as been finally approved, the next fight will be fight if pudah

Some core Christians female do not wear trousers, but NYSC uniform is trousers, if it's Muslim that don't wear trousers they will have been burning down NYSC orientation camp in North and attack any corper wearing such, such is the troublesome nature of some Muslims

I'll really appreciate Muslims to quote me and explain what I've said above

"Back to my school, my school was finally arm twist to allow hijab but you will think that's the end of the matter"- The problem most times is with Christians agreeing to compromises, thinking you can appease Islamists. Many don't understand the spirit behind Islam until it is too late. "My people perish for lack of knowledge!"

1 Like

Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by MoIbrahim: 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
Pastorfavourdes:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=216441616927951&id=111647580740689

This Reno is not brilliant, comparing the situation with a visitor coming to dictate things in Reno's house house. How is this similar to a school funded with common wealth of both Christians an Muslims? or is it a private school?
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by Moregreen: 7:29pm On Mar 21, 2021
lahizak:

It is just common sense. These schools are now state run but the schools only want to be collecting money from govt while dey continue doing their thing. Who does dat? The real fight is to find a way to take back d school from the state not for stupid men and women to gather and start harassing innocent children just because they are wearing Hijab. Those children feelings no even concern them

From your post it can be deduced that you don't understand that the owners of the schools(Christians) want the govt to return the schools back to them.
Christians want the schools back. We are not concern about hijab, return the schools back to the owners and hijab or no hijab case will die automatically.
THE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM IS TO RETURN THE SCHOOLS BACK TO THE OWNERS.
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by LLMG: 7:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
no one is saying muslims should not wear their hijab, just wear it in your house as you like and not in mine, is that too difficult to understand,. from hijab they will want to begin dictating how the school should be run. wicked, crafty, peaceless set of human beings.
OmoManU:
Well my own take is what's so special about the hijab?

The christian Roman Catholic Reverend Sisters as all know and always seen at all times are always adorning their head with a veil (that's equivalent of Hijab) all the time,so what's the fuse about the Muslims following their religious teachings by always covering their head. I believe that every open minded individual knows there are several bible verses that talk about covering of hair for the women.
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by LLMG: 7:50pm On Mar 21, 2021
it is an issue because if you don't want a mile taken from you don't give an inch
Aventador2000:
Well for me i think the students should be allowed to wear whatever they want in as much it doesn't affect other cos i don't know why this is a very big issue
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by LLMG: 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2021
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by Ojiofor: 8:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
OmoManU:

The christian Roman Catholic Reverend Sisters as all know and always seen at all times are always adorning their head with a veil (that's equivalent of Hijab) all the time,so what's the fuse about the Muslims following their religious teachings by always covering their head. I believe that every open minded individual knows there are several bible verses that talk about covering of hair for the women.

Does the Rev sisters impose their dress code on none Catholic believers like these islamist fundamentalist taking their terrorism way of life right inside a Christian institution?
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by KGD10: 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2021
ALISMILE:
You guys keep running around in circles presenting lame assertions in the face of superior logic

You guys should just look away when you see a Muslim child in hijab, you will not die

It's you guys who should stop being a nuisance in Missionary schools. Go to Muslim schools. It's that simple.
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by silkiss: 9:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
OmoManU:

Are the sisters students in Nursery and secondary schools... This case is totally difference
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by biotechshola(m): 5:40am On Mar 22, 2021
oluwaseyi0:

Or none

Remember I didn't just write without giving landmark where it could be easily traced

There are secondary school fully funded by government that there uniform is hijab like ahmadiya school in my town I talked about

All Christian there where hijab as that's the uniform
my sis graduated there

Even if your claim is true, it's not relevant here because that's not the general practise in all Muslim govt schools...I attended a public school S.T marks in osogbo and no hijab was allowed, females students were mandated to wear beret while just a few kilometers away, another public school ansarudeen even though had hijab as part of their uniform, never forced the Christians to put it on.

And in all, if Christians are comfortable with compromising their religious beliefs or make it a second priority or see it as option depending on situations, does it mean everyone else should?

The question is why should your sister be forced to act against her belief in the name of education? And same goes for Muslims girls..

That's a 21st century question and if the Christians do not feel it's an important query to raise, we muslims do!

Peace!!

1 Like

Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by nsiba: 5:54am On Mar 22, 2021
ilyasmuy:

LOL. Christianity that brought slavery to Africa.

No wonder Ìslam don't like teaching History, just Sharap you mouth
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by Eifour(m): 7:03am On Mar 22, 2021
You should have asked yourself why we Muslims push for only hijab and not other Muslims attire like a long flowing robe popularly known as jalamia[quote author=KGD10 post=100067954]It's high time these folks learn the difference between a school and religious house. What then happens when the likes of Sango, IFA, egungun worshippers and celestial members etc wear their religious robes into Muslim schools and missionary schools?
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by nsiba: 7:07am On Mar 22, 2021
biotechshola:

Even if your claim is true, it's not relevant here because that's not the general practise in all Muslim govt schools...I attended a public school S.T marks in osogbo and no hijab was allowed, females students were mandated to wear beret while just a few kilometers away, another public school ansarudeen even though had hijab as part of their uniform, never forced the Christians to put it on.

And in all, if Christians are comfortable with compromising their religious beliefs or make it a second priority or see it as option depending on situations, does it mean everyone else should?

The question is why should your sister be forced to act against her belief in the name of education? And same goes for Muslims girls..

That's a 21st century question and if the Christians do not feel it's an important query to raise, we muslims do!

Peace!!

You've said nothing, the questions remains if the the Christian see it as not just second piority but irrelevant MUST the Moslems go to a ground that sees Hijab as irrelevant and shove it down their throat?
Muslims should use their Hijab where it is tolerated
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by Oracleforce: 7:22am On Mar 22, 2021
OmoManU:
Well my take is what's so special about the hijab?

The Christian Roman Catholic Reverend Sisters as all know and always seen at all times are always adorning their head with a veil (that's equivalent of Hijab) all the time, so what's the fuse about the Muslims following their religious teachings by always covering their head. I believe that every open-minded individual knows several bible verses that talk about covering hair for women.

It is obvious that you are one of the brain-washed Muslims....what do you know about Bible that you are quoting hijab in Bible? Do you think Bible interpretation is just literal?
You must be a fool....for saying Bible-supported hijab...
As an educated person there is what is call research...and research is not one-sided...go deep and come up with undeniable proof...

Some of these half-baked graduates are a disgrace to our education system in Nigeria.

Tueh. I spit of your shameful face....oloriburkuku....son of a viper.
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by biotechshola(m): 8:25am On Mar 22, 2021
nsiba:

You've said nothing, the questions remains if the the Christian see it as not just second piority but irrelevant MUST the Moslems go to a ground that sees Hijab as irrelevant and shove it down their throat?
Muslims should use their Hijab where it is tolerated

I said nothing but you raised a question from it..You've equally said nothing, so empty that I can't even query it.
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by nsiba: 9:14am On Mar 22, 2021
biotechshola:

I said nothing but you raised a question from it..You've equally said nothing, so empty that I can't even query it.

2be honest is there anything you and your kinds will EVER understand?
In the first place, what is the essence of this nonsensical issue of Hijab?
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by OmoManU: 10:31am On Mar 22, 2021
Oracleforce:

It is obvious that you are one of the brain-washed Muslims....what do you know about Bible that you are quoting hijab in Bible? Do you think Bible interpretation is just literal?
You must be a fool....for saying Bible-supported hijab...
As an educated person there is what is call research...and research is not one-sided...go deep and come up with undeniable proof...

Some of these half-baked graduates are a disgrace to our education system in Nigeria.

Tueh. I spit of your shameful face....oloriburkuku....son of a viper.

You deserve no response because giving you one will dignify idiots like you. I have said what I said,if you have any evidence otherwise bring it forth and lets discuss on open floor for all to see.

Travel from here to 1 million miles away,a fact will always remain a fact no matter how you want to twist it. That's why Daddy Freeze [I don't believe in him neither am I his fan] says you people don't read your book (bible) by yourself but prefer driving by emotions,if what I said is not in the bible counter me otherwise.
If you claimed to love Jesus and believe in the bible then you should follow what the holy books says 100%
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by biotechshola(m): 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2021
nsiba:

2be honest is there anything you and your kinds will EVER understand?
In the first place, what is the essence of this nonsensical issue of Hijab?

That's the problem, can't you people just express yourself without attacking people's beliefs?
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by nsiba: 7:28pm On Mar 22, 2021
biotechshola:

That's the problem, can't you people just express yourself without attacking people's beliefs?

Must you take your beliefs to anothers man territory?
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by toplinetrtrend: 7:32pm On Mar 22, 2021
OmoManU:

PS: For all those abusing and feeling pained, I have said what I said,if you have any evidence otherwise bring it forth and lets discuss on open floor for all to see.

Oga, you talk like a fool.

This is not about wearing hijab. It is about turning hijab to a school uniform in a Christian missionary school
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by OmoManU: 7:48pm On Mar 22, 2021
toplinetrtrend:

Oga, you talk like a fool.

This is not about wearing hijab. It is about turning hijab to a school uniform in a Christian missionary school

Who is now foolish between u and I now? Look at your assertions by yourself, do you like someone that has sense, akamu
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by toplinetrtrend: 7:50pm On Mar 22, 2021
OmoManU:

Who is now foolish between u and I now? Look at your assertions by yourself, do you like someone that has sense, akamu

Yeah, I understand that fools don't know how foolish they are. That's why you can't decipher the foolishness in your comment
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by OmoManU: 8:12pm On Mar 22, 2021
toplinetrtrend:

Yeah, I understand that fools don't know how foolish they are. That's why you can't decipher the foolishness in your comment

Lol I can see that you feel very pained about the naked bitter truth
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by toplinetrtrend: 8:15pm On Mar 22, 2021
OmoManU:

Lol I can see that you feel very pained about the naked bitter truth

Pained about what? About the dumbness in your comment? Nah. You carry the dumbness around, bro. So, the pain should be yours

That rubbish you wrote is not hard truth. It is an irresolvable dumbness
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by Oracleforce: 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2021
OmoManU:

You deserve no response because giving you one will dignify idiots like you. I have said what I said,if you have any evidence otherwise bring it forth and lets discuss on open floor for all to see.

Travel from here to 1 million miles away,a fact will always remain a fact no matter how you want to twist it. That's why Daddy Freeze [I don't believe in him neither am I his fan] says you people don't read your book (bible) by yourself but prefer driving by emotions,if what I said is not in the bible counter me otherwise.
If you claimed to love Jesus and believe in the bible then you should follow what the holy books says 100%

I see! Daddy Freeze is your spiritual mentor...blind leading the blind...
I can't have a debate of the Bible with someone who doesn't know the Bible...
It is obvious, you don't know it
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by OmoManU: 11:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
toplinetrtrend:

Pained about what? About the dumbness in your comment? Nah. You carry the dumbness around, bro. So, the pain should be yours

That rubbish you wrote is not hard truth. It is an irresolvable dumbness

Christian Bible/Old Testament
Passages such as Genesis 24:65, Numbers 5:18 and Isaiah 47:2 indicate that some women wore a head covering during the Old Testament time.
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by OmoManU: 11:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
Oracleforce:

I see! Daddy Freeze is your spiritual mentor...blind leading the blind...
I can't have a debate of the Bible with someone who doesn't know the Bible...
It is obvious, you don't know it

Passages such as Genesis 24:65, Numbers 5:18 and Isaiah 47:2 indicate that women wore a head covering during the Old Testament time. Source: Wikipedia
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by OLULAW: 12:05am On Mar 23, 2021
Mjay111:
point of correction my brother, Prophet Muhammed(S.A.W) never force anybody to islam and there is no place in quran that says force people to islam... lakundinukun waliyedin(your religion is your religion, my religion is my religion). if you see anybody forcing islam on another person, such person is doing his own and not the teaching of our beloved prophet. so stop talking out of hatred and follow the truth and reality.

F-off with your misinformation. This is the 21st century. The conquests of Makkah, North African countries, etc., are very well documented in history as is Uthman dsn Fodio's jihad. These deployed brute force to not only impose Islam on residents but make them conform to barbaric practices. Only f00ls and idi0ts fail to recognize the Islamist expansionism of Daesh, ISIS, Boko Haram, etc., avross continents. They're simply following in the footsteps of their terrorist Geand Master.
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by toplinetrtrend: 1:49am On Mar 23, 2021
OmoManU:

Passages such as Genesis 24:65, Numbers 5:18 and Isaiah 47:2 indicate that some women wore a head covering during the Old Testament time.

In your eyes now, you think you know Bible.

You are free to wear your hijab outside school, but there is a uniform created for school. You wear that uniform to school. It is called uniform for a reason.
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by Ayilara1(m): 8:37am On Mar 23, 2021
ABCthings:
does not putting hijab make them lesser Muslims?
Thanks for the question

Yes, it's an act of disobedience.

It's just like me asking, does not wearing cloth make someone less a Christian?
Re: On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes by Oracleforce: 3:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
OmoManU:

Passages such as Genesis 24:65, Numbers 5:18 and Isaiah 47:2 indicate that women wore a head covering during the Old Testament time. Source: Wikipedia

Gbenu sowu....wetin you know about Bible? Do you think Bible or Christianity is about quoting Bible Reference? How far have you traveled in the journey of spiritual matter in Christ Jesus?

Every scripture in the Bible is written by men that are mightily possessed by the holy spirit. .
You don't have the holy spirit , you want to interpret as if Bible is a Nigerian Constitution....
Even devil Sabi pass you...and can quote Bible pass you but that doesn't mean his interpretation is right...
You better go chop Amala and ewedu make you belle full instead of trying to convince a man that has been sold out for Christ Jesus

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Massive Procession Of APC Faithfuls In Portharcourt (Photos) / 7 Accusations Obasanjo Threw At Buhari / Lagos State Police Stops Yoruba Nation Rally Scheduled For Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.