Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? (1202 Views)

Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' / Evangelist Edet: Any Christian Who Celebrates Grammy Winners Will Miss Heaven / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by Janosky: 11:14am On Mar 23, 2021
MightySparrow:

Why what you claim to have seized is still evidenced all over the world and ages, lands and climes. The one you claim to have happened has no evidence. At least there should be people who are still alive who knew by story or rumours.
When, where and how did spiritual gifts seized?

The supremacy of love you talked about is errant nonsense
. Is love work?
If yes, how has your love as work prevented wars, Fulani herders killings not to talk of World Wars? *****4
JW organisation not minding the transformations started in 1887. So wha has that love therapy done for the world? Delusion.
Bros, you have the right to rant upandan, Jesus the judge appointed by his Father says he would disown and disappoint miracle workers.
Therefore, 1 Corinthians 13:8-9 Paul was right.

Bros,no dey DECEIVE yourself.
grin cheesy

Just imagine!!
Shuuuoooo !
1 Corinthians13:4-8,13 "the greatest of these is love" ,"the supremacy of love" according to his own Bible is "arrant nonsense" to Pharisees who pretend to be believers.

John 13:35, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8,13, works only for Jehovah's Servants, "they will be one, just as we (Father & Jesus are one," John 17:21-23.

Is Matt24:3-12, 2 Timothy 3:1-7 & 1John2:15-17 missing in your Bible?
Why would John 13:35 & 1 Cor13:4-8,13 work for the world (Matt24:3-12, 2 Timothy 3:1-7 & 1John2:15-17) alienated from Jehovah God?

Isaiah 43:10-12,21 and Matthew 12:15-18, Jehovah's Servants predates 1887, on earth it goes as far back as to Abel, Hebrews 11:2,4.
Bros, no dey DECEIVE yourself.
grin grin grin grin.
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by Janosky: 11:23am On Mar 23, 2021
MightySparrow:
People like Janosky and MaximumSide side say that Jesus was only joking with these verses, that greater works ended with the Apostles.

They claim that God is long on holidays

No dey DECEIVE yourself.
The greater works is Matthew 24:14 and Mark 13:10, Acts 1:8, the good news of God's kingdom must be preached in all the 4 corners of the earth before comes, &Jesus strikes, 2 Thess 1:7-9.

Matthew 7:22-23 , Jesus says he will disown miracle workers.
Na the fraud of Mark16:15-18 dey DECEIVE una.
grin grin cheesy grin

Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by Janosky: 11:34am On Mar 23, 2021
MightySparrow:
These verses talk about those that believe that God is still powerful and is still answering prayers with signs and wonders. not those who have argued God [/b]out of existence and relevance and follow charms. Dan 11: 32.
YOU can coin any names for yourself, it is a free world and appraise yourself all you want no evidence of 'greater works' you are a wrong witness. 2 Tim 3: 5
[b]1 Corinthians13:8-9 those that believe the miracles will ceaze, Matthew 7 :22,23 and the judge who will disown miracle workers, have spoken.

1 Corinthians13:8-9 and Matthew 7:22-23, Jehovah's Servants have spoken ! grin

1 Like

Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by MightySparrow: 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2021
Janosky:

1 Corinthians13:8-9 those that believe the miracles will ceaze, Matthew 7 :22,23 and the judge who will disown miracle workers, have spoken.

1 Corinthians13:8-9 and Matthew 7:22-23, Jehovah's Servants have spoken ! grin
Has knowledge ceased?
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by MightySparrow: 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2021
Janosky:

No dey DECEIVE yourself.
The greater works is Matthew 24:14 and Mark 13:10, Acts 1:8, the good news of God's kingdom must be preached in all the 4 corners of the earth before comes, &Jesus strikes, 2 Thess 1:7-9.

Matthew 7:22-23 , Jesus says he will disown miracle workers.
Na the fraud of Mark16:15-18 dey DECEIVE una.
grin grin cheesy grin
Preaching to his own required signs and wonders to believe. the apostles themselves acted. hence acts of the apostles. When you qoutes verses to suite your idea and begin to teach nonsense. In first corinthians qouted, was paul actually teaching about spiritual gifts or talk about it in passing? beyond here, when perfection comes, there will be no need for gifts. this errorneous teaching make you people lazy in prayers and seek charms; don't give me shit, there are your people around here doing all manners of charms.
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2021
Olódo! cheesy

If not God's word won't say
No addition and No subtraction! Revelations 22:18-19

If knowledge has not seized there should be room for more things to be added or subtracted based on what is revealed in God's word! wink

MightySparrow:
Has knowledge ceased?

1 Like

Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
Go and ask Daddy GO!
Pastors in the same Organization who are qualified enough to mount his position are busy doing JAZZ to oust him from the office of oversight, thanks to the Lord he's the one and only saint in the church that's using the Lord's name to fight back. Hallelujah!

I don't know what JWs are using jazz for o!

Nobody is collecting tithes for buying private jets, building mansions, buying luxurious cars or busy smiling to the banks out of what the congregants are donating.
So what will they use the jazz for torí Olórun? John 8:32 cheesy

MightySparrow:
Preaching to his own required signs and wonders to believe. the apostles themselves acted. hence acts of the apostles. When you qoutes verses to suite your idea and begin to teach nonsense. In first corinthians qouted, was paul actually teaching about spiritual gifts or talk about it in passing? beyond here, when perfection comes, there will be no need for gifts. this errorneous teaching make you people lazy in prayers and seek charms; don't give me shit, there are your people around here doing all manners of charms.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by MightySparrow: 2:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Olódo! cheesy

If knowledge has not seized there should be room for more things to be added or subtracted based on what is revealed in God's word! wink

Noting is being added even now by any one. All things from New Testament is interpretation of Old Testament or illumination some as events unfold. In your book Reasoning from the Scriptures, you admitted to have given wrong knowledge. No one has ever claimed to add to existing writ besides Mohammed on a large scale. so what is your point?
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by MightySparrow: 2:48pm On Mar 23, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Go and ask Daddy GO!
Pastors in the same Organization who are qualified enough to mount his position are busy doing JAZZ to oust him from the office of oversight, thanks to the Lord he's the one and only saint in the church that's using the Lord's name to fight back. Hallelujah!

I don't know what JWs are using jazz for o!

Nobody is collecting tithes for buying private jets, building mansions, buying luxurious cars or busy smiling to the banks out of what the congregants are donating.
So what will they use the jazz for torí Olórun? John 8:32 cheesy

Then don't argue with the person that knows
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:56pm On Mar 23, 2021
After Jesus left for heaven, God's Holy Spirit taught the Apostles so many things upon which they were able to establish Christianity using the KNOWLEDGE God's Holy Spirit dispensed to them just as it enabled them to see visions of things to come, perform miracles and spoke in tongues. Gradually each of these gifts siezes once it's purpose has been fulfilled that's what Paul is saying. What is left for obedient faithful mankind now is the LOVE we have for the truth.
Whoever still anticipate seeing all those things is not ready to trust in what the PERFECT book says! 1Corinthians 13:10-13 smiley

MightySparrow:
Noting is being added even now by any one. All things from New Testament is interpretation of Old Testament or illumination some as events unfold. In your book Reasoning from the Scriptures, you admitted to have given wrong knowledge. No one has ever claimed to add to existing writ besides Mohammed on a large scale. so what is your point?
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:05pm On Mar 23, 2021
Then why are you arguing with JWs who knows better than you nah? cheesy

Whatever you know you should be able to expatiate not just assertions, you're saying JWs are doing JAZZ at least you should be in the best position to explain what exactly are they using it for? cheesy
Nobody joins JWs with the intention of becoming rich in the work of the Lord like your daddy GOs them them, nobody gets prominence in the world the way your daddy GOs are revered here and there, nobody becomes a celebrity just for being a member of JWs so what exactly are they using JAZZ for?
You've forgotten that you're just a son of a babalawo but i had full knowledge of AWO in itself. Nobody goes there or make use of there fraternity without the pursuit of those things and JW Organization don't encourage members to go for any of those things. So what exactly do they need Jazz for? John 8:32 cheesy

MightySparrow:
Then don't argue with the person that knows
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:42pm On Mar 23, 2021
If you want to speak against a group of people the first thing to note is their aim and objectives.

There is no religion today where you won't find people with less faith! For one thing or another people look for means of solving their problems so if their faith is not strong enough they may be tempted to seek help from other means but is that what the group teaches?

JW Organization teaches members to hope in God's Kingdom because there is going to be a lot of disappointments in this world, but how many people will be OK with that without their faith wavering in times of distress and circumstances beyond their control?
Time and time again Jesus keep emphasizing on the usefulness of faith, because without faith his followers may tire out but this is a general phenomenon that's peculiar to all forms of religion unlike people who believe they must make both Heaven and Earth in Jesus name! cheesy
This are the ones who can do anything to become rich! cheesy
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 23, 2021
It's because Not Every Christian Are Ready To Pay D Price. It's Not Cheap. It Comes With A Price. D Question Now Is, Can U Pay D Price?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
Naaaaaaaaaaaaa! cheesy

Rather the questions should be
Have you (Truvel) paid the so called mysterious price?
Can you prove to be the Christian OP is searching for?

Liars and deceivers everywhere! cheesy

Truvel:
It's because Not Every Christian Are Ready To Pay D Price. It's Not Cheap. It Comes With A Price. D Question Now Is, Can U Pay D Price?
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:48pm On Mar 23, 2021
Truvel:
Spot on!
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Naaaaaaaaaaaaa! cheesy

Rather the questions should be
Have you (Truvel) paid the so called mysterious price?
Can you prove to be the Christian OP is searching for?

Liars and deceivers everywhere! cheesy

What Proof Are U Talking Abt? How Do U Want Me To Prove My Christianity?
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2021
Prove what? undecided
I know you're not a Christian in any way!

It's the OP who is asking for those claiming Christians and performing GREATER MIRACULOUS WORKS than Jesus did based on his understanding of John 14:12.
So if you're one of such he is the one asking not me Sir! smiley

Truvel:

What Proof Are U Talking Abt? How Do U Want Me To Prove My Christianity?
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 23, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Prove what? undecided
I know you're not a Christian in any way!

It's the OP who is asking for those claiming Christians and performing GREATER MIRACULOUS WORKS than Jesus did based on his understanding of John 14:12.
So if you're one of such he is the one asking not me Sir! smiley

U Are Free To Assume Who I'm. As 4 D Greater Miraculous Works, I Av Answered Dat.
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:22pm On Mar 23, 2021
Never mind Sir, if the OP is satisfied with your answer no wahala. It's just funny that he brought it up in the first place when people like you are performing GREATER MIRACULOUS WORKS than Jesus of Nazareth! cheesy

Truvel:

U Are Free To Assume Who I'm. As 4 D Greater Miraculous Works, I Av Answered Dat.
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by Sharingiscaring: 8:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Olódo! cheesy

Knowledge has ceased, yet YOU still have and exhibit knowledge? I've presented this to you humbly but it's clear you're the puffed up type who childishly think they're ALWAYS right and are NEVER wrong. Truly, I can see that your knowledge has ceased or you won't be this reptilian in your attitude. You are a hypocrite too who keep talking about love as the essential mark of a Christian and yet, there is no love in you, no humility, nothing. Abeg joor, go and keep your empty head on a pillow. You are getting high just because I told you you have knowledge. No, I was only being humble to give you space to think. But, it's clear that you lack the capacity to think. I hate arrogance as much as God does.

Go and read 1 Corinthians chapter 4 and you will be very ashamed of getting so puffed up and harping on empty but powerless words. Many of you JWs only go around wasting your time arguing with people whereas you are totally bereft of what Christianity is all about.

Look, even if you were verbally right (which you aren't), your attitude disqualifies you completely. *spits* I hate empty arrogance and I won't respond to your heaps of empty words again. Trash! Trash!! Trash!!!
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by Janosky: 10:32pm On Mar 23, 2021
MightySparrow:
LYING Sparrow, love- ( the identifying mark of Jehovah's Servants) will last ( NOW), before "perfection comes" and love continues to eternity, grin

" Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever!"

1 Corinthians13:8-13, is crystal clear .
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by Janosky: 10:39pm On Mar 23, 2021
Sharingiscaring:

Knowledge has ceased, yet YOU still have and exhibit knowledge? I've presented this to you humbly but it's clear you're the puffed up type who childishly think they're ALWAYS right and are NEVER wrong. Truly, I can see that your knowledge has ceased or you won't be this reptilian in your attitude. You are a hypocrite too who keep talking about love as the essential mark of a Christian and yet, there is no love in you, no humility, nothing. Abeg joor, go and keep your empty head on a pillow. You are getting high just because I told you you have knowledge. No, I was only being humble to give you space to think. But, it's clear that you lack the capacity to think. I hate arrogance as much as God does.

Go and read 1 Corinthians chapter 4 and you will be very ashamed of getting so puffed up and harping on empty but powerless words. Many of you JWs only go around wasting your time arguing with people whereas you are totally bereft of what Christianity is all about.

Look, even if you were verbally right (which you aren't), your attitude disqualifies you completely. *spits* I hate empty arrogance and I won't respond to your heaps of empty words again. Trash! Trash!! Trash!!!

See this Bros, grin
According to Jesus Christ,John 13:35,Mark13:10 ,Matt24:13-14 & Galatians 5:22-23 is what Christianity is all about

1 Cor 13:8"Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless.But love will last forever.

What is the context of 1 Corinthians 13:8?

Is your Bible talking about knowledge of science & technology?

Matthew 7:22,23, Jesus would disown those who think 1 Corinthians 13:8 is tales by moonlight.

"But love will last forever", Bros RECEIVE SENSE grin
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:40pm On Mar 23, 2021
Òpùró ñgbin'lá, oníwàyó ñgbìn'gbàdo, sínú oko t'álábòsí dá! grin

No wahala at least you've found what you're looking for:
Christians performing GREATER MIRACULOUS WORKS than Jesus of Nazareth.
I believe that should solved your problem nah!
cheesy

Sharingiscaring:

1 Like

Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by Samueltemi337(m): 11:03pm On Mar 23, 2021
butterfly777:
Many Christians are doing greater works than Jesus did. Look well and you will see.

A few examples:
1. Jesus did not minister to more than a hundred thousands of people at a time. Some ministers have done that.

2. Jesus did not plant thousands of churches. Some ministers have done that.

3. Jesus did not heal people via the internet. Some ministers have done that.
And yet no one has turned water into wine or increase a loaf of bread

Abi their power nor reach that side?
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by MightySparrow: 9:24am On Mar 24, 2021
Janosky:

LYING Sparrow, love- ( the identifying mark of Jehovah's Servants) will last ( NOW), before "perfection comes" and love continues to eternity, grin

" Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever!"

Corinthians13:8-13, is crystal clear .

Will be,has not. As I asked before, if it has when, where, how?
You were able to calculate unfounded 1914. Which year did this start? 1John 14: 16, Acts Act 2:39
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by Sharingiscaring: 10:53am On Mar 24, 2021
Janosky:

1 Corinthians13:8-13, is crystal clear .

Yet, YOU lack this love you're talking about. Is this a LOVING way to address someone? The hypocrisy is so malodorous.
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:02am On Mar 24, 2021
Even though those in darkness will never have PEACE amongst themselves, yet you'll notice that LOVE, JOY and PEACE will reign in the midst of God's own people. John 17:20-23
But there can never be PEACE between light and darkness! Luke 16:26

So the LOVE can only exist within the congregation of God {John 13:34-35} there was no PEACE between Jesus (the PRINCE of PEACE) and the lying Jewish religious leaders! smiley

Sharingiscaring:

Yet, YOU lack this love you're talking about. Is this a LOVING way to address someone? The hypocrisy is so malodorous.
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by Janosky: 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2021
Sharingiscaring:

Sharingiscaring:

Sisterly or Bros, you dey drop sputum for your post, is that "a loving way to address someone"?
Remove the rafters in your eyes before you can see mine clearly.
BTW, did I ever say we are perfect?

You mistake JWs faith & strong confidence in the Bible for "arrogance".

JWs will not water down God's word to massage anyone's ego.
grin
Re: Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:25am On Mar 25, 2021
Arrogance and ego is the major cause of contradictions in Christendom Churches!
No one is ready to humble and learn the truth, each person just feel like telling you "this is what i'll love to hear" {2Timothy 4:3-4} that's why more Churches are springing up here and there with more complicated theories and doctrines. Someone will just wake up from his nightmare and the next thing is he feels God has called him to start preaching after all he can see flaws in the way Churches operates, later few individuals with the same mindset will join him and the next thing is how to gather more people to start making money to solve his own problems!
OP thought JWs are part of his deceptive religious friends who will continue to pamper him with lies.

He asked a simple question:

Where Is Any Christian Doing Greater Works Than Jesus Did Today?

No sane individual following this thread needs any lengthy epistle, it's either there is none then explanation follows why or there is one who will present himself and prove to the OP that he can do works greater than that of Jesus, period! undecided

But since we JWs insist that there is no such thing and they must learn from us what Jesus meant in the verse OP quoted, he regretted ever raising the question in the first place because he is hearing the bitter truth and he wish this should have been just a dream! smiley

Janosky:

Sisterly or Bros, you dey drop sputum for your post, is that "a loving way to address someone"?
Remove the rafters in your eyes before you can see mine clearly.
BTW, did I ever say we are perfect?
You mistake JWs faith & strong confidence in the Bible for "arrogance".
JWs will not water down God's word to massage anyone's ego.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

C&S Prophet Persecute Daddy G.O For Wearing Shoe To C&s Altar / Understanding Hell Fire Very Well. / How True Is This Claim (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.