Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG (31036 Views)

Bashir Tofa Buried In Kano (pictures) / Bashir Tofa Is Dead / Nastura Sharif Arrest: Bashir Tofa Warns Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by November1857(m): 10:48am On Mar 21, 2021
Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG

“It is the sign of backwardness to continue propagating a divisive presidency, rather than the one that will serve all Nigerians equally and justly,”...

An elder statesman, Alhaji Bashir Othman Tofa, has warned the federal government not to ignore the Biafra Customary Government (BCG) proclaimed by Alhaji Asari Dokubo, the leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Salvation Force (NDPSF).

Alhaji Dokubo, who had announced himself as the leader of BCG had also said provincial structures would be set up for the government; but the FG, through the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, had reacted to the proclamation by describing it as a ‘theatre of the absurd by a joker seeking attention.’

Reacting to this development, Alhaji Tofa, in an exclusive interview with Daily Trust on Sunday, said, “Alhaji Asari Dokubo may be considered as a joker by the unwise. What if his utterance is only an early stage in a larger plan? Threats to this country should not be taken as a joke.”

He said he wondered if the FG would have maintained such a position if it had been someone from the North who said a fraction of what Dokubo said.

The National Republican Convention (NRC) candidate in Nigeria’s June 12, 1993, presidential election, the result of which was annulled, also commented on the clamour for zoning for the 2023 presidential election, opining that zoning was detrimental to the unity of the country.

Tofa said, “It is the sign of backwardness to continue propagating a divisive presidency, rather than the one that will serve all Nigerians equally and justly,” adding that the blame for this backwardness was on the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

He said, “The PDP started this foolish idea. They have damaged the political climate of this country while thinking it was for the best. Now it has become what may destroy this country if care is not taken.”

He also said there was nothing wrong with the idea of the presidential candidate and vice presidential candidate of a party to be from the same religion as was the case in 1993 when Chief MKO Abiola and Baba Gana Kingibe (Muslims) ran on the ticket of the Social Democratic Party (SDP).

Tofa, however, said, as lofty as that was, Nigeria “is now too polarised for the Muslim-Muslim or Christian-Christian ticket to be dared by any party.”

https://dailytrust.com/ignore-asari-dokubo-at-your-own-peril-bashir-tofa-warns-fg

9 Likes

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by Simplyleo: 10:49am On Mar 21, 2021
But I thought same Asari Dokubo said they will take power from Wike in 2023 even though Wike must leave having served 2 tenures by then.

So under which govt will Asari Dokubo actually take over power from Wike? Is it under BCG or FGN?

20 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by SLAP44: 10:50am On Mar 21, 2021
The person above my post is very very scared of the imminent disintegration of Nigeria.

149 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by SLAP44: 10:55am On Mar 21, 2021
Simplyleo:
But I thought same Asari Dokubo said they will take power from Wike in 2023 even though Wike must leave having served 2 tenures by then.

So under which govt will Asari Dokubo actually take over power from Wike? Is it under BCG or FGN?

Wetin consan you?

Have you stopped the mass kidnap in your own region. Have you stopped the daily massacre in the north?

Stop rushing into southern posts while your own house burns.

152 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by Fahdiga(m): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2021
Both the FG, Asari and Tofa are together. they should try another format

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by Simplyleo: 10:57am On Mar 21, 2021
SLAP44:
The person above my post is very very scared of the imminent disintegration of Nigeria.
If Nigeria disintegrate today, I will remain where I'm right now because this is where I belong, so which "scared" are you talking about?

Compare this with a person in Kano who has never travelled to his village for the past 10 years but chanting biafra up and down. Is he expecting to be a biafran and still remain in Kano?

So, before you continue deceiving yourself, sit down and think who should be "scared" except of course you feel like deceiving yourself as usual.

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by Simplyleo: 11:00am On Mar 21, 2021
SLAP44:

Wetin consan you?

Have you stopped the mass kidnap in your own region. Have you stopped the daily massacre in the north?

Stop rushing into southern posts while your own house burns.
Yes, you have mentioned me even before I concluded my comment. Obviously, my comment is hampering your online country. Now, I'm done with my comment on this thread while allowing you to start the administration of your online country on nairaland.

Bye.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by SLAP44: 11:01am On Mar 21, 2021
Simplyleo:

If Nigeria disintegrate today, I will remain where I'm right now because this is where I belong, so which "scared" are you talking about?

Compare this with a person in Kano who has never travelled to his village for the past 10 years but chanting biafra up and down. Is he expecting to be a biafran and still remain in Kano?

So, before you continue deceiving yourself, sit down and think who should be "scared" except of course you feel like deceiving yourself as usual.

You will be scared because you will become poorer than a church mouse, your connection to free oil money will be severed and you will return to the streets begging, that must be scary? grin

131 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by Monogamy: 11:01am On Mar 21, 2021
Believe Asari Dokubo at your own peril
Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by Jerryherd: 11:05am On Mar 21, 2021
Nobody takes Nnamdi Kanu seriously he is just a runaway Fugitive coward . ... But you see people like Asari Dokubo the ex militant, you don't joke with him..

7 Likes

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by SLAP44: 11:06am On Mar 21, 2021
Simplyleo:

Yes, you have mentioned me even before I concluded my comment. Obviously, my comment is hampering your online country. Now, I'm done with my comment on this thread while allowing you to start the administration of your online country on nairaland.

Bye.

Don't run away yet, let me UnCloth you with a few home truths grin

Your mortal fear of Nigeria's disintegration is well founded, it's understandable. Your region's insistence on promotion of illiteracy is to blame. Your human development deficit is so glaring that you had to lift a complete illiterate to contest the 2015 polls. You better start now to develop your youths, not enlist them in the army, if care is not taken, those your well trained soldiers will turn their guns on their home regions. That's the danger of arming an illiterate.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by SLAP44: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2021
Jerryherd:
Nobody takes Nnamdi Kanu seriously he is just a runaway Fugitive coward . ... But you see people like Asari Dokubo the ex militant, you don't joke with him..

Everyone takes Nnamdi Kanu serious, the picture below is how the north rushes into any topic with Nnamdi Kanu on it grin

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by Simplyleo: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2021
SLAP44:

Don't run away yet, let me UnCloth you with a few home truths grin

Your mortal fear of Nigeria's disintegration is well founded, it's understandable. Your region's insistence on promotion of illiteracy is to blame. Your human development deficit is so glaring that you had to lift a complete illiterate to contest the 2015 polls. You better start now to develop your youths, not enlist them in the army, if care is not taken, those your well trained soldiers will turn their guns on their home regions. That's the danger of arming an illiterate.
Mynd44 lalasticlala, pls is rule 1 selective of where/who it applies?

Because I don't really understand how this comment is related to the topic.

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by SLAP44: 11:12am On Mar 21, 2021
Simplyleo:

Mynd44 lalasticlala, pls is rule 1 selective of where/who it applies?

Because I don't really understand how this comment is related to the topic.

See?

The mortal fear I talked about grin grin grin grin

why are you so averse to the truth like this.

You can run, but you cannot hide. The truth must be spoken, no matter how painful it is.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by Terorislam: 11:32am On Mar 21, 2021
Muric have divided the yorubas along religious line

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by slivertongue: 1:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
OK I dey observe
Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by Olatomiwami(m): 1:20pm On Mar 21, 2021
Terorislam:

MOD needs to enact new law to ban anyone derailing a thread, what's Yoruba got to do with this now?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by whytediamond(m): 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
But they've been ignoring bandits. At Nigeria's peril

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by OYENIYIJK: 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
Terorislam:
Religion cannot confuse any sensible Yoruba man cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by Dexpro: 1:29pm On Mar 21, 2021
grin
Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by BOOOMNAIJA: 1:30pm On Mar 21, 2021
This fake alhaji sef wan trend grin

3 Likes

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by SarkinYarki: 1:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
Lol Asari and the DSS should sit down one place with this their script abeg

3 Likes

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by ShadowCracker(m): 1:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
Omo Yoruba Worldwide.
We are leaving this Zoo called Nigeria.
- All our ports in Lagos are headed by Fulanis.
- Our only airport is named after a Fulani man, MMA.
- Our Gold mines in Ibadan are not accessible to Yorbas, they are only meant for Fulanis.
- All our revenue is being squandered by these fraudulent Fulani leaders.

Still, we didn't complain but they crossed the line by killing our farmers.
Our reasonable elders have spoken we don't need the words or support of that bastard Bourdillon drug-baron Tinubu.

Omo ka roh ojire.
Oduduwa republic.
E-signed ShadowWalker.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by Odoctor(m): 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
So much division in the land.
Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by AzuNas: 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
Alright. . . . . . .Ajie

The audacity of this man sha

Abeg
Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by sofeo(m): 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
Ok
Re: Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG by Rugaria: 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
“It is the sign of backwardness to continue propagating a divisive presidency, rather than the one that will serve all Nigerians equally and justly,

After denying marginalisation and apartheid policies against the east, folks will come back to face the truth..
Those who think they can browbeat others into accepting servitude and subjugation for eternity will be challenged!
This country has a clear choice,; work for all equally or implode under the weight of her iniquities..

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Five Killed In Dei Dei, Abuja Riot / Musiliu Obanikoro And Femi Kayode Pictured In 'spiritual' Mood At The Experience / Picture Of Biu After Today's Bombing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.