Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? (1918 Views)

Why Do Programmers Run Away From Java? / Do Programmers In Other States Outside Lagos Make It / Why Do Programmers Still Look For Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by WallStreetfx(m): 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
Have been in this programming field for 3 years now. I will like to know why programmers will always look down on wordpress expert as people that don't know what they are doing. Come to think of it wordpress can be used to create any type of website and it is very faster than coding from scratch . I will like to know the reason from gurus here
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
It's only naive people that do that. Coding in WordPress is the best thing ever.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by donsheddy1(m): 8:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
For me, I don't look down on them o. Since WordPress designers did a terrible job for a client and they called me to fix it.

Na so I hammer on top the client. Till today I always encourage people to always call on me once they've been disappointed by WordPress designers.

I'm happy explaining the difference BTW WordPress designers and web developers to disappointed clients when designer no dey gree pick call again.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by africonn: 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
donsheddy1:
For me, I don't look down on them o. Since WordPress designers did a terrible job for a client and they called me to fix it.

Na so I hammer on top the client. Till today I always encourage people to always call on me once they've been disappointed by WordPress designers.

I'm happy explaining the difference BTW WordPress designers and web developers to disappointed clients when designer no dey gree pick call again.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by Karleb(m): 11:34pm On Mar 21, 2021
I don't blame those who look down on them.

I joined a Facebook WordPress group after reading one of @tensa's post. The only thing they talk about in the group is theme builders.

Majority of guys in that group can't write a simple responsive website. It's theme builder and drag and drop everywhere.

Talk of WordPress plugin? Taar! The only time they talk of it is when they are discussing how to use a paid plugin for free.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by lucianohase(m): 7:48am On Mar 22, 2021
I believe in being proficient in writing codes as a programmer while developing sites and I also believe in being proficient in using WordPress to develop websites as well. The two help slot ...I started considering wordpress after I observed that so many multinational
real world sites were also built on WordPress so I decided to go into it as well.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by lucianohase(m): 7:48am On Mar 22, 2021
I believe in being proficient in writing codes as a programmer while developing sites and I also believe in being proficient in using WordPress to develop websites as well. The two help alot ...I started considering wordpress after I observed that so many multinational
real world sites were also built on WordPress so I decided to go into it as well.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by qtguru(m): 8:13am On Mar 22, 2021
WallStreetfx:
Have been in this programming field for 3 years now. I will like to know why programmers will always look down on wordpress expert as people that don't know what they are doing. Come to think of it wordpress can be used to create any type of website and it is very faster than coding from scratch . I will like to know the reason from gurus here

There is difference between WordPress Developers and those whop develop website with WordPress, WordPress has terrible patterns and bloated codes. WP compared to a seasoned PHP PSR complaint CMS has a lot of difference. But it is the platform not the developer, if the structure is bad then the code will follow suite. I created Plugins, Widgets and themes, and I found myself frustrated working with WordPress. This is an old article i wrote

https://www.okeowoaderemi.com/articles/posts/wordpress-to-processwire-a-guide-for-developers/
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by Ayrastarr(f): 12:05pm On Mar 22, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
It's only naive people that do that. Coding in WordPress is the best thing ever.

Ermmm..
I wanna ask.

Do you build your own theme and plugins from scratch?
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by etoluw: 7:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
WallStreetfx:

They don't know that you have to master HTML, CSS, JavaScript, php and mysql before you can develop theme & plugins.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by gini4x: 3:26am On Mar 23, 2021
WallStreetfx:
Lol don't worry one day you will see wetin pass you and you will realise that wordpress is not too cool. Wordpress is over bloated on it's own, relies so much on plugins, unnecessarily heavy, cannot solve complex problems , very insecure. Imagine having spam comments on your site, spam email. Malwares from badly coded plugins and themes. Why do you think it's not classified as an enterprise software like magento and the rest.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:40am On Mar 23, 2021
I was trying to explain the difference between wordpress developers and wordpress designers and the jobs that exist in the wordpress domain but the spam bot just keeps on doing its thing.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by Karleb(m): 10:50am On Mar 23, 2021
gini4x:

Lol don't worry one day you will see wetin pass you and you will realise that wordpress is not too cool. Wordpress is over bloated on it's own, relies so much on plugins, unnecessarily heavy, cannot solve complex problems , very insecure. Imagine having spam comments on your site, spam email. Malwares from badly coded plugins and themes. Why do you think it's not classified as an enterprise software like magento and the rest.

Only WordPress developers believe WordPress can solve every problems including the complex ones.

I was reading a book on WordPress plugin development and the author who has a lot of years of experience development wordpress theme clearly said WordPress is not suitable for all website development.

The only area WordPress excel is in Content Management System and e commerce with the introduction of woocommerce.

Truth is, in general programming, there's is no one size fits all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by gini4x: 11:15am On Mar 23, 2021
Karleb:

Only WordPress developers believe WordPress can solve every problems including the complex ones.

I was reading a book on WordPress plugin development and the author who has a lot of years of experience development wordpress theme clearly said WordPress is not suitable for all website development.

The only area WordPress excel is in Content Management System and e commerce with the introduction of woocommerce.

Truth is, in general programming, there's is no one size fits all.
Lol i'm telling you bro. They believe wordpress can do anything but it's false. Imagine using wordpress to build a blockchain platform, a fintech platform and other real world applications
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:18am On Mar 23, 2021
gini4x:

Lol i'm telling you bro. They believe wordpress can do anything but it's false. Imagine using wordpress to build a blockchain platform, a fintech platform and other real world applications
A friend used wordpress to build an ethereum wallet sha. https://wallet.protocolfinance.com. Thats the link. You can really do anything with wordpress but I don't know how scalable it might be. Creating your own rest APIs within wordpress is very easy.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by gini4x: 11:39am On Mar 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

A friend used wordpress to build an ethereum wallet sha. https://wallet.protocolfinance.com. Thats the link. You can really do anything with wordpress but I don't know how scalable it might be. Creating your own rest APIs within wordpress is very easy.
He used react on frontend which is good. We are talking of backend logic not frontend. The UI looks good but UX is poor which i believe it's due to the use of wordpress unlike using a standalone react app.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:03pm On Mar 23, 2021
gini4x:

He used react on frontend which is good. We are talking of backend logic not frontend. The UI looks good but UX is poor which i believe it's due to the use of wordpress unlike using a standalone react app.
Wordpress uses React in default.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by gini4x: 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Wordpress uses React in default.
You mean wordpress uses react by default? I cant believe it. When did wordpress start using react by default? Please hlp me clarify
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:02pm On Mar 23, 2021
gini4x:

You mean wordpress uses react by default? I cant believe it. When did wordpress start using react by default? Please hlp me clarify
2018 with the introduction of gutenberg. You need React to build out latest wordpress plugins. That site is a theme built up as a gutenberg block and installed as a plugin.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by gini4x: 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

2018 with the introduction of gutenberg. You need React to build out latest wordpress plugins. That site is a theme built up as a gutenberg block and installed as a plugin.
I build plugins without react. That being said, wordpress does not come with react as it's frontend library by default. A reference to your claim would be highly appreciated.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:47pm On Mar 23, 2021
gini4x:

I build plugins without react. That being said, wordpress does not come with react as it's frontend library by default. A reference to your claim would be highly appreciated.
It does, gutenberg its default page builder now uses React and you use React to do anything there. They phased out the old classic editor for that. Check the WordPress codex. I have built like 6 plugins where I work and I did it all in React. PHP was just to enqueue my scripts.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by stanliwise(m): 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
WallStreetfx:
Many people just lack the capacity to be a developer, they can neither work with its core nor its theme files nor its plugins. Yet they are quick to scream they are web dev.

Both Wordpress critics and Wordpress users are many cases ignorant of what they blame Wordpress for or what they praise Wordpress for also .

Wordpress is an old eco system that carries with it the burden of old language(PHP) and old methodologies of doing things. But either ways there are very few things to match it.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by stanliwise(m): 7:58pm On Mar 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

It does, gutenberg its default page builder now uses React and you use React to do anything there. They phased out the old classic editor for that. Check the WordPress code. I have built like 6 plugins where I work and I did it all in React. PHP was just to enqueue my scripts.
Wordpress at it core is powered by JQuery UI and in not powered by React. React was used to build Gutenberg and that is a pointer only. Till 5.7 latest update of Wordpress. Wordpress at no point uses react.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by qtguru(m): 7:54am On Mar 24, 2021
stanliwise:

Wordpress at it core is powered by JQuery UI and in not powered by React. React was used to build Gutenberg and that is a pointer only. Till 5.7 latest update of Wordpress. Wordpress at no point uses react.
Yeah just checked and its true

1 Like

Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by qtguru(m): 8:01am On Mar 24, 2021
I will always have a bias against WordPress having built plugins with it, it's frustrating I doubt you people are really extending WordPress or Plugins else you'd recognised the pain point. When you do OOP PHP and start entering PHP SPL , you will find WordPress stressful and hackish. WordPress is bad for developers but good for users, wetin concern users with code. Processwire is a more suitable CMS/CMF however it means you will have to write alot of code, and there is no bloat. At the end of the day it's about business not code.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by stanliwise(m): 9:25am On Mar 24, 2021
qtguru:
I will always have a bias against WordPress having built plugins with it, it's frustrating I doubt you people are really extending WordPress or Plugins else you'd recognised the pain point. When you do OOP PHP and start entering PHP SPL , you will find WordPress stressful and hackish. WordPress is bad for developers but good for users, wetin concern users with code. Processwire is a more suitable CMS/CMF however it means you will have to write alot of code, and there is no bloat. At the end of the day it's about business not code.
Very good and technical point.
Many people fail to see that a lot of businesses has invested just too much of resources on wordpress and since wordpress keeps pushing update, there is no backing out. Wordpress is where it is today because of the issues it solves for businesses and users rather than how good the codes are written.
Even I that love Laravel framework with it clean and intuitive methodology. I was forced to learn wordpress core and API since many it solve many business problem in less time
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by stanliwise(m): 9:28am On Mar 24, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
To be candid, coding with wordpress core/api to an extent is tiring and the network of codes are kinda spaghetti codes tying one file to another. The workflow of Wordpress core is also not intuitive and by implication, it means it is either you know about how to get something done or you don't.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:32am On Mar 24, 2021
stanliwise:

To be candid, coding with wordpress core/api to an extent is tiring and the network of codes are kinda spaghetti codes tying one file to another. The workflow of Wordpress core is also not intuitive and by implication, it means it is either you know about how to get something done or you don't.
Plus the documentation is horrible grin but I love it like that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Me Keep My Brain In My Skull! Solve This Logic! / Learn How To Programme Using Arduino And Raspberry Pi / Getting Started With Programming - Tips For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.