Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? (1913 Views)

Why Do Programmers Run Away From Java? / Do Programmers In Other States Outside Lagos Make It / Why Do Programmers Still Look For Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by stanliwise(m): 9:35am On Mar 24, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Plus the documentation is horrible grin but I love it like that.
it gets easier with patience( and time). I guess that is what you're talking about.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by qtguru(m): 9:39am On Mar 24, 2021
stanliwise:

Very good and technical point.
Many people fail to see that a lot of businesses has invested just too much of resources on wordpress and since wordpress keeps pushing update, there is no backing out. Wordpress is where it is today because of the issues it solves for businesses and users rather than how good the codes are written.
Even I that love Laravel framework with it clean and intuitive methodology. I was forced to learn wordpress core and API since many it solve many business problem in less time

My Brother Cash Driven Development, I still write WordPress for quick money but I dey always frustrate, somehow I haven't written PHP in years
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by stanliwise(m): 11:24am On Mar 24, 2021
qtguru:

My Brother Cash Driven Development, I still write WordPress for quick money but I dey always frustrate, somehow I haven't written PHP in years
Since you know PHP. Wordpress core becomes easy with more experience. And at some point it will be just the ecosystem to generate the kind of cash you want.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by qtguru(m): 11:26am On Mar 24, 2021
stanliwise:

Since you know PHP. Wordpress core becomes easy with more experience. And at some point it will be just the ecosystem to generate the kind of cash you want.

Yeah that is the route, I am already heading sef. Selling Plugins or products to foreign customers.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by walex4ict(m): 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2021
Wordpress is very easy and fast to develop a website. I'm using wordpress but if the i have complex job with hug amount of money, I will write code. At times I use wordpress for frontend design.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by aalphamuzammil: 9:17am On Mar 25, 2021
qtguru:

There is difference between WordPress Developers and those whop develop website with WordPress, WordPress has terrible patterns and bloated codes. WP compared to a seasoned PHP PSR complaint CMS has a lot of difference. But it is the platform not the developer, if the structure is bad then the code will follow suite. I created Plugins, Widgets and themes, and I found myself frustrated working with WordPress. This is an old article i wrote

https://www.okeowoaderemi.com/articles/posts/wordpress-to-processwire-a-guide-for-developers/

WordPress development is made flexible by outsourcing options. Companies prefer WordPress development outsourcing for better output of their project.
Re: Why Do Programmers Always Look Down On Wordpress Expert? by etoluw: 11:44am On Dec 12, 2021
It is so unfortunate that many people don't realize that WordPress is just like any other PHP framework.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Code To Allow Download From / The New Ccna Curriculum / Anybody Know How To Install Video Maker Fx?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.