Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,228 members, 7,780,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:12 PM

My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals (22364 Views)

OPC Member & NURTW Official Fight Over Paternity Of 11-Year-Old Girl / "My Wife Is 21" - 60-Year-Old Kano Man Accused Of Marrying 11-Year-Old (Pix) / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by ericuzor(m): 8:33am On Mar 22, 2021
gabazin080:
firstly I am a carpenter and furniture maker. a friend on the the next street called me to come fix his door net. on getting there I stripped the clothes I wore from home to my working cover-all. I put my clothes with my pulse inside on the chair in their sitting room.

few minutes later I wanted a cold Pepsi, on getting to where I dropped my clothes, I realized #500 was missing from my pulse but I thought maybe I left it at home. I went outside to get the soft drink and I met my friend's 11 year old daughter drinking yogurt with snacks.

I asked where she got the money from and she said her dad gave her the money. I asked his dad if he gave her money to get something and he said no. that's when I told him #500 was missing from my clothes I dropped in their sitting room and I went outside now and saw her daughter drinking yogurt with snacks.

he then begged me to forgive the girl and returned my money, he told me about how the girl has been disgracing him in the compound by entering people's room to steal. she steals from the parents too and in school and will later say its one spirit that used to tell her where people keep their money and to go and steal it.

he claimed the problem is spiritual and has gone to some pastors and alfas but no changes.
the thought of the little girl's problem never left my mind till I finish my work there that day that's why I brought it here, ask u guys if such thing could be spiritual and what can be done because he is tired of beating her everyday with no changes
to be sincere with you sir, that child problem is spiritual.
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 22, 2021
The Cause of the Girl's Problem has both a Psychological and a Spiritual Cause.
From a Psychological point of view it might be caused by Hereditary and Environmental Factors.
From a Spiritual point of view it may be that she is being influenced by a demon. If that is the case, the demon will not leave her alone until she gets into some big trouble.
Human behaviour is too complicated and cannot be explained by a Scientific or Religious Model Alone.
We need at least both a Religious and a Scientific Explanation to fully compensate for the gap in knowledge.
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by ochechannel: 8:38am On Mar 22, 2021
Pls Carry her to tb joshua place before it get too late. My Nabor children experience these types of spirit na tb joshua save them.
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by bizhop01: 8:42am On Mar 22, 2021
This remind me about very pretty young lady that stole 500 naira pant in the market.
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by jimyjames(m): 8:45am On Mar 22, 2021
gabazin080:
you need to see the mark on her hand made with hot knife but still won't stop stealing
why do they usually use hot knifes on their hands?

I remember back in my primary school days in Jos, our class teachers money was missing, everyone denied stealing the money till the whole class was about to be punished, they started beating us one by one, till one female teacher from the next class intervened , she looked round, and called out one little girl called Tope took her outside the class, about 5 minutes later she returned with Tope with the stolen money

she said tope is her neighbor's child, she has the problem of stealing, her parents did everything to make her stop but couldn't, she showed us scars of wounds inflicted on her with hot knifes and razor blades and tope was a very beautiful quiet girl, she lacked nothing in her house cause her parents weren't poor, our primary school was one of the most expensive private primary schools in that area, she lacked nothing
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by ModestGal(f): 8:57am On Mar 22, 2021
sinkhole:
cry I actually shed some tears reading this cry
The child is just eleven and already perfected the art of stealing and apparently has already known that the consequence can not pass beating and shaming!
My worry is, what will happen to this girl in the next nine years, when she will be twenty, I strongly pray by that time she wouldn't have added prostitution and the likes embarassed
To my own understanding, I think this girl is very active, very creative and daring to make her matter worse, it seems she is being less engaged and she has a lot of time at her disposal!
Besides those who had suggested therapy and counseling for her, I will also add that the parents should actively engage her in some learning activities, apart from regular schooling, such as enrolling her in sporting, music, computing, etc, activities.
Don't bother, they will not do that, they will keep taking her to pastors houses to deliver her of demons

What I'm seeing in the child is confidence and boldness, and she fears nothing, if only such power could be channeled to something else through psychotherapy, she would become great
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Sijo01(f): 8:59am On Mar 22, 2021
Maybe she's kleptomaniac
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Crimond: 9:00am On Mar 22, 2021
"Kleptomania is the inability to resist the urge to steal items, usually for reasons other than personal use or financial gain. First described in 1816, kleptomania is classified in psychiatry as an impulse control disorder. Some of the main characteristics of the disorder suggest that kleptomania could be an obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorder, but also share similarities with addictive and mood disorders." Wikipedia.
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by benqo01(m): 9:15am On Mar 22, 2021
The truth is this thing isn't ordinary,it might be a family curse passed on to her...it will take prayer to break that curse.
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by AFONJACOW(m): 9:21am On Mar 22, 2021
Thank your star your abunna no stolen
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 22, 2021
arantess:

I thought a carpenter is one who makes furniture

Anyway, the girl needs help, I don't think the parents discipline her enough when she steals , they are still pampering her
In the future we might read, "Lagos big girl disgraced for stealing iphone30 from so so and so"

una good morning
like the warri girl disgraced on frontpage yesterday hmm
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by lugo99(m): 9:37am On Mar 22, 2021
kleptomaniac disease
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by yuskel(m): 9:57am On Mar 22, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Damn i know one kid like that.. I want to believe such kids are possessed or something..

No matter what they do to this girl she won't change.. funny thing she has everything thing she wants but it's just her habit for her.. she steals things she don't even need at her age like jewelry..

I think that's a mental sickness known as: Kleptomania!

I think it is treatable in a psychiatry hospital.
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Aguogba(m): 10:09am On Mar 22, 2021
PLEASE READ THIS.
I know that there are kids from rich homes who steal. I will regard them as outliers, however, most children that steal come from humble backgrounds.
The main reason for that is not actually financial poverty, but poverty of the mind and misplacement of priorities.

Some "poor" people want to measure up by living in "bogus rented apartments", throwing big parties, sending their children to "relatively expensive" schools, wasting money in churches as seed/tithe/offering, and dressing to impress while a lot of basic things in the house are grossly neglected.

Once you start having kids, your first priority aside their health should be all round satiety for food, snacks, drinks and fruits devoid of any form of cravings.

I often see parents beat or restrain their kids from displaying "longer throat" in public but what they forget is that children eat for maximum gut fill and may even exceed it. Suffice it to say that a well-fed child hardly displays "alonger" outside not to talk of stealing to quench their cravings.

In summary,
1. Feed your kids properly. Never afford any form of "luxury" if your kids don't remain food on their plates whenever they eat.

2.Monitor your children's cravings and make sure you never lack them at home. Allow them controlled but continuous supply of those.

3. Make sure you feed your kids before outings such as homes visits to friends, relatives and associates, church, school and parties.

4. Once your child knows what money means, give them pocket money once in a while, let them buy stuffs for themselves even when you're with them, it helps you realize what they like.
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by TechCapon(m): 10:14am On Mar 22, 2021
Mindlog:

She is already desensitized to pain, so beatings and other forms of physical punishment will achieve nothing. For her to boldly buy those things with your money while you were still around and also boldly lie that the dad gave her the money despite knowing you could go verify from him means she fears no punishment.

The parents should seek the professional help of a Child therapist as she can be helped with behavioural therapy.
i think the problem is spiritual
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by hapiness44(f): 10:26am On Mar 22, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

Do you still steal uncontrollably?

cheesy cheesy I was rushing for work, could not complete the story. No, I outgrew it... it left just as it came, few months later
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Mindlog: 10:28am On Mar 22, 2021
TechCapon:
i think the problem is spiritual

It is behavioural, an unhealthy percentage of Africans tend to spiritualize bad behaviours as it is their easiest way to rationalize them and living in such denial has not helped us as a race!
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Polynek(m): 10:32am On Mar 22, 2021
Some do it 4 fun shaa
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by sylve11: 10:52am On Mar 22, 2021
Mindlog:

She is already desensitized to pain, so beatings and other forms of physical punishment will achieve nothing. For her to boldly buy those things with your money while you were still around and also boldly lie that the dad gave her the money despite knowing you could go verify from him means she fears no punishment.

The parents should seek the professional help of a Child therapist as she can be helped with behavioural therapy.

you are wise.................. cool
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Cleanworld(f): 11:43am On Mar 22, 2021
gabazin080:
firstly I am a carpenter and furniture maker. a friend on the the next street called me to come fix his door net. on getting there I stripped the clothes I wore from home to my working cover-all. I put my clothes with my pulse inside on the chair in their sitting room.

few minutes later I wanted a cold Pepsi, on getting to where I dropped my clothes, I realized #500 was missing from my pulse but I thought maybe I left it at home. I went outside to get the soft drink and I met my friend's 11 year old daughter drinking yogurt with snacks.

I asked where she got the money from and she said her dad gave her the money. I asked his dad if he gave her money to get something and he said no. that's when I told him #500 was missing from my clothes I dropped in their sitting room and I went outside now and saw her daughter drinking yogurt with snacks.

he then begged me to forgive the girl and returned my money, he told me about how the girl has been disgracing him in the compound by entering people's room to steal. she steals from the parents too and in school and will later say its one spirit that used to tell her where people keep their money and to go and steal it.

he claimed the problem is spiritual and has gone to some pastors and alfas but no changes.
the thought of the little girl's problem never left my mind till I finish my work there that day that's why I brought it here, ask u guys if such thing could be spiritual and what can be done because he is tired of beating her everyday with no changes

Talk to your childrean about stealing and it consequences...Drum it in thier ears most times they need Dad and Mummy to tell them what's right and wrong.

Give your children pocket money weekly as little as N50...They won't spen this money most time and by doing so you are teaching them how to earn and save.

Don't allow your children to accept money from visitors or strangers money is not a gift and don't grow on trees.

Explain to them about finances and how it works.

pleas don't assume your child/children are old or young enough, always do your part as parent to teach them every little things.
beating and purnishing children for unknow offenses will later turn them to have all sort of disorders. Their brain cannot comprehen all things at once. dont assume they know beacuse they dont

lets raise a child at the right time for the betterment of our society

May God Help Us All
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Draslo(m): 11:49am On Mar 22, 2021
pocohantas:

The future is indeed female. May nothing miss from your pulse in Jesus name.

Nothing spiritual about it, but I must commend her guts. She didn’t wait for you to leave before squandering the money on her premium cravings.

Yoghurt and snacks? She has good taste. Maybe they should stop beating her and take her to a counsellor.
If the girl hadn't been exposed to enough Nollywood movies, she wouldn't have such a ridiculous excuse. Spirit kor! Counselling must include many videos of thieves getting jungle justice. Let her understand how helpless her family would be if mob action is carried out on her. Counselling based on just words hardly work with people who have already been beaten to correct them, which is almost everybody in this country.

1 Like

Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Asey(f): 11:56am On Mar 22, 2021
You make me laugh. You serviced my bottom power I guess. Na you get wahala. You are entitled to your opinions sir, keep making them. I ain't got your time at all. Pif you want to play, feel free to do so, better still, my kids are available, I can call them so you play kids play with them.

Not responding to any of you again.

Nonexistent:
See these two chasing shadows rather than substance. The man said he was just a carpenter and yet he managed to write coherently but they are here mocking him when all they have to show are degrees most likely gotten with bottom power.
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Akuruoulo(m): 11:58am On Mar 22, 2021
pocohantas:

The future is indeed female. May nothing miss from your pulse in Jesus name.

Nothing spiritual about it, but I must commend her guts. She didn’t wait for you to leave before squandering the money on her premium cravings.

Yoghurt and snacks? She has good taste. Maybe they should stop beating her and take her to a counsellor.
SUPER WOMAN
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Akuruoulo(m): 12:00pm On Mar 22, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Female Alladin
my movie at the moment
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Akuruoulo(m): 12:03pm On Mar 22, 2021
AsherAmari:
It may be a curse on the parents operating in her life. Another thing is, for any child to be a thief, one of the parents too must have been a thief and have passed it down to the daughter..

Whether its a curse, Spiritual or hereditary, prayer is the only thing that can solve it. So I'll advise you take her to a Bible believing Church, let them conduct a deliverance for her but the parents have to confess if they too were once into such habits.

She can be delivered.

They should sit her down always, and teach her things of the holy book and of life itself. Anythng the pastor cn do 4 u, then u cn also do for urself.
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Akuruoulo(m): 12:07pm On Mar 22, 2021
mariahAngel:
Your friend's child is not only a kleptomaniac, she's also an audacious liar too.

It could be that it started from when she was little, taking things that weren't hers, and they failed to correct her.
THIS IS THE EXACT REASON. WHEN SHE TAKES SOMETHING AND SOMEONE TRIES DECIPLINE HER NA SO THEM GO JUMP ENTER THE MATER THE ASK "IS IT BECUS OF COMMON BISQUIT THAT U ARE SCOLDING MY GAL". THEN SHE GO SEE THOSE THINGS AS A NORMAL THING TO DO.
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Akuruoulo(m): 12:09pm On Mar 22, 2021
gabazin080:
you need to see the mark on her hand made with hot knife but still won't stop stealing
DO U WANT ME TO STOP BELIEVING UR STORY ?
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by hansomb: 12:11pm On Mar 22, 2021
Kleptomania

An impulse control disorder that results in an irresistible urge to steal.

Treatment can help, but this condition can't be cured

Usually self-diagnosable

Lab tests or imaging not required

Chronic: can last for years or be lifelong

The cause of kleptomania remains unknown but risk factors include a family history of kleptomania or other impulse control disorders. It occurs more often in women.

Even Queen of England is diagnosed with it and almost all Nigerian politicians, civil servants, forces.

1 Like

Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 22, 2021
Asey:
You make me laugh. You serviced my bottom power I guess. Na you get wahala. You are entitled to your opinions sir, keep making them. I ain't got your time at all. Pif you want to play, feel free to do so, better still, my kids are available, I can call them so you play kids play with them.

Not responding to any of you again.

Hey, fucck off.

Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by Lukaku12: 12:20pm On Mar 22, 2021
Sometimes it could be a medical or psychological problem like kleptomania....no matter how rich you are ....you still find ways to still stuffs just like one of the queen that has rules England...
Re: My Friend's 11-Year-Old Daughter Steals by YasirAsiwaju: 12:45pm On Mar 22, 2021
gabazin080:

The truth is if her mother stole when she was pregnant there may not be solutions except her father pray fervently because it's inborn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Hate Cooking Breakfast For My Husband / Moving On With Life After Divorce. How Do You Cope? / My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.