Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,681 members, 7,801,963 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Online Transaction Went Wrong - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Transaction Went Wrong (126 Views)

Emefiele Apologizes To Nigerians For Online Transaction Failures (Video) / GTB PLC Charge Me N367.29 To $1 In An Online Transaction, Is It Right? / Limit Of Online Transaction With UBA Master Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Online Transaction Went Wrong by mrkingjerry(m): 10:15pm On Mar 21, 2021
I did an online transaction with Kaspersky anti virus to purchase license key and my final charges was 10,478.99 naira grand total.

But to my surprise I received an alert debit of 13,622.68 naira from Stanbic IBTC as against 10,478.99 that I was charged by kaspersky.

Then immediately I wrote Stanbic IBTC. This their response

"Thank you for your feedback and we regret the inconvenience occasioned by this experience.

Please be informed that the discrepancy in the amount debited was due to the mode of payment DCC Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) ) set on the merchant’s site.

Where payment sent to the bank at a rate other than the one set on our cards, to this end the bank sent several communications to customer advising them to the make payment in the merchant currency not in naira.

We hope this clarifies.

Thank you for your understanding."

Both the bank and Kaspersky mislead me. But if it was to be in Dollar, I will be more cautious, but now I have been duped.
Please admin help push to front page for people to learn about this new fraudulent practice from Stanbic IBTC.

(1) (Reply)

IF YOU NEED PAYPAL TO RECIEVE FUNDS - GET IN HERE ASAP / Drop Your Suggestions / I Don't Understand Nairaland Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.