Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

I Need Serious Input From Experts On This Project. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Serious Input From Experts On This Project. (523 Views)

This Project Will Easily Get You A Job As A Web Developer / Reviews Needed On This Project / Trying To Read Input From Avery Weighing Scale Into An Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Serious Input From Experts On This Project. by niel63(m): 8:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
I am looking to develop a software ( A Mobile App) that can capture a person's measurement using ML, AI accurately.
Now, there are premium options out there... but I am looking to own mine instead of paying any form of monthly fees.

What is the best approach for me here? What should I be looking at in terms of cost, time, and expertise? The mobile app will be built using React Native (preferably).

Does anyone wish to share some ideas on the best approach? I will be very grateful.

here is an example: https://viubox.com/products/online-body-measurement-api/
Re: I Need Serious Input From Experts On This Project. by ChocolateWine(f): 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2021
Wow, sounds like a great technology, but lol .instead make I go tailor make dem measure me accurately, why I go stress myself dey snap picture up and down

Well just asking...
Re: I Need Serious Input From Experts On This Project. by niel63(m): 11:17pm On Mar 22, 2021
ChocolateWine:
Wow, sounds like a great technology, but lol .instead make I go tailor make dem measure me accurately, why I go stress myself dey snap picture up and down

Well just asking...

Oh, come on. The benefit plenty.

Remember when our parents used to write letters to our relatives abroad before Nitel came into the picture... even today NITEL don japa. Technology is simplifying the world for what you know it to be.

1 Like

Re: I Need Serious Input From Experts On This Project. by ChocolateWine(f): 5:11am On Mar 23, 2021
niel63:

Oh, come on. The benefit plenty.

Remember when our parents used to write letters to our relatives abroad before Nitel came into the picture... even today NITEL don japa. Technology is simplifying the world for what you know it to be.

I don't think you understand what I meant. If you check out the video in that link you'd see the camera posses and precision she has to take to get desired result, that's apparently near the same time that could be taken for a real measurement.

You talk about letters, letters take days to reach, but calls take a few seconds. Everyone would easily find a good reason to buy into that.

A technology that takes same amount of time as the traditional method, even with several corrections, of what difference does it make?
Re: I Need Serious Input From Experts On This Project. by daddynasa: 3:41pm On Mar 23, 2021
ChocolateWine:

I don't think you understand what I meant. If you check out the video in that link you'd see the camera posses and precision she has to take to get desired result, that's apparently near the same time that could be taken for a real measurement.

You talk about letters, letters take days to reach, but calls take a few seconds. Everyone would easily find a good reason to buy into that.

A technology that takes same amount of time as the traditional method, even with several corrections, of what difference does it make?

Hi, let him start from somewhere, with time you can improve your algorithm and get measurements faster and accurately from a single shot. There is always room for improvement and that is the reason software has versions.@OP Just keep thinking.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Serious Input From Experts On This Project. by Abcruz(m): 4:19pm On Mar 23, 2021
ChocolateWine:

There's no point discouraging his ideas... Technology is simplifying everything with fun and this too shouldn't be left out.
Re: I Need Serious Input From Experts On This Project. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 23, 2021
niel63:
I am looking to develop a software ( A Mobile App) that can capture a person's measurement using ML, AI accurately.
Now, there are premium options out there... but I am looking to own mine instead of paying any form of monthly fees.

What is the best approach for me here? What should I be looking at in terms of cost, time, and expertise? The mobile app will be built using React Native (preferably).

Does anyone wish to share some ideas on the best approach? I will be very grateful.

here is an example: https://viubox.com/products/online-body-measurement-api/

Interesting, I'll be curious to see what are your solutions.

But you're missing a lot of details. What do you want to accomplish and how do you want to achieve that? Who's your target audience? The first step is to come with an engineering design process, that's why I said you're missing a lot of details.

There're standalone 3D body measurement systems which gives up to 98% accuracy.

If you're to rely on AI engines to produce accurate measurements using your phone, you will need a lot of data, which can run into thousands of dollars.

1 Like

Re: I Need Serious Input From Experts On This Project. by dochenaj: 11:20pm On Mar 24, 2021
This is going to be a big project, you'll need to have a lot of collaborators.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

[new Release] Ade Custom Shipping Pro / What Should I Start From Between XHTML And HTML5 / Web Developer Needed To Edit A Laravel CMS Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.