Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. (2073 Views)

Job Interviews And The State Of Education In Nigeria / Prisons Job Or Lecturing Job In A State Polytechnic. / I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Skillsmaster(m): 1:12am On Mar 23, 2021
Good morning nairalanders. Please i need urgent advice on this.
I am currently teaching in a private school (primary section) in Abuja. I started the job last week. The pay is "40k". I usually spend like #500 on transportation everyday. The problem is, my Aunty that is outside the country chatted me up yesterday asking me if i could work in Ota. That the company is a food company and they need an assistant manager. She said the pay is 25k with accommodation, but they will review the salary after three months IF i should perform well. In addition, it is a marketing job. I will be giving a car to distribute goods to some places. According to them, i will be there first staff. I told my aunt that the money is too small but she said that is what they can start with.

Should i continue with my teaching job or go for this new one? Please i need your advice urgently. Thanks.
Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Ynix(m): 1:24am On Mar 23, 2021
Oga relocate to Ota. You will learn lots of lessons while on the streets. I can mentor you towards growth chat me up on 08089456258

1 Like

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by punisha: 3:58am On Mar 23, 2021
claims of salary review after 3 months in Nigeria is usually a lie that never happens.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by hakeem4(m): 4:15am On Mar 23, 2021
Nobody will review that salary. How stressful is the teaching job?

I would advise you to stay with the teaching job

7 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by bragamycin: 4:52am On Mar 23, 2021
Is the company Chinese ? If so, sidon for ur abuna. Is the company run by Nigerians? Then ask ur aunt if she s close to the owners , if not so, sidon for ur Abuja

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by femi4: 5:35am On Mar 23, 2021
Skillsmaster:
I am currently teaching in a private school (primary section) in Abuja. I started the job last week. The pay is "40k". I usually spend like #500 on transportation everyday. The problem is, my Aunty that is outside the country chatted me up yesterday asking me if i could work in Ota. That the company is a food company and they need an assistant manager. She said the pay is 25k with accommodation, but they will review the salary after three months IF i should perform well. In addition, it is a marketing job. I will be giving a car to distribute goods to some places. According to them, i will be there first staff. I told my aunt that the money is too small but she said that is what they can start with.

Should i continue with my teaching job or go for this new one? Please i need your advice urgently. Thanks.
Don't go. Marketing job is not guaranteed. Your salary depends on sales.

2. They are just starting, they are in the struggling state, trying to find their feet

5 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by 10billionDollar: 5:59am On Mar 23, 2021
From details given, this is my summary

1. The company is a start up company

2. The company has no organized structure/workforce

3. U may be the only one in ur department

4. A company that pays manager even 50k is a red flag not to talk of 25k. How much will they now pay workers that are under u.

How can ur anty be luring u take such job, abi na she get the company?

Is there any commission attached to ur sales volume??

Please also try to know what the company produces, some products are hot selling, while others are not.

6 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Randy100: 6:20am On Mar 23, 2021
How do you people survive with 40k salary? Better move to ota and go and hustle your ass out.
Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Owopariola: 8:01am On Mar 23, 2021
Skillsmaster:

Your Aunt no fit show you way to comot Naija and dey where she dey??
You sure say your Aunt love you so? Guy, be wise.

6 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by wunmi590(m): 8:52am On Mar 23, 2021
punisha:
claims of salary review after 3 months in Nigeria is usually a lie that never happens.

Oyel dey your head
Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by chimeremodlyn: 9:29am On Mar 23, 2021
Pls I beg you in God's name, don't be deceived. Continue with your teaching job n pray for better opportunities to come n it surely will. If your aunt had your best interest at heart, she will never ask you to do such a job considering how difficult times are now. If you even consider all d implications of d job, you will see that presently it has no future. Kindly decline n move on

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by chimeremodlyn: 9:30am On Mar 23, 2021
Randy100:
How do you people survive with 40k salary? Better move to ota and go and hustle your ass out.
With 25k job in d Bush. �

4 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by lereinter(m): 9:54am On Mar 23, 2021
Are you a trained teacher ie nce or b.ed?

Will taking the ota job your first company work experience?

That kind of low pay job at ota with such daunting task associated with it, you can also get it in abuja even in a company

Since it's your aunty that introduce you to it, didn't you tell her you have a job

So many linkage

The ball is in your court
Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by TYB00000: 10:14am On Mar 23, 2021
U better stay where u are and cheerfully look for a more reliable job, This one for OTA no b work oo na wahala.
Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Olagokeisaac: 10:25am On Mar 23, 2021
3 reasons you have to be an affiliate marketer

1) Affiliate programs are cheap to set up - you don't need thousands or millions of naira to start, you can start with relatively with no money as long has you have internet connection and you are on social media

2) It's not risky to do - The reason being that you are not creating any product yourself, all you do is find an evergreen product that sells like crazy, and you help them promote the product..

3) It's a nice side hustle that will literally put millions in your account, and it can be done anywhere you are, you don't need a physical office

Why the wait...if you will want to know how you can earn 6 figures as an Affiliate Marketer, contact me on whatsapp on 09038004141. You will be added to the free class group and have access to materials for free

Contact me now on Whatsapp on 09038004141
Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Randy100: 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2021
chimeremodlyn:

With 25k job in d Bush. �
free accommodation and work will be easy and time for husle go Boku.
Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
Tell your Aunty to help you move overseas.
Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by padi94(m): 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2021
Anything you choose I am currently in Ota tho

(1) (Reply)

Chevron Aptitude Test For Facilities Engineer / Re: Dangote Noodles! / Driver Needed Urgently Around Sango - Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.