Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? (60923 Views)

Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos / 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge / House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Kurumaru: 10:13pm On Mar 29, 2021
I feel for you bro, if that land happens to be a committed acquisition, then there is nothing a court of law can do about it...
For the sake of every other person reading this article . Always endeavor to contact a town planner as regards any intention to buy or develop any land.. There are lots of traps everywhere disguised as real estate investments, mostly perpetuated by those real estate companies marketing their estates at ibeju Lekki etc...
Pls beware...
Contact a Town Planner Today

3 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by hopexter(m): 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2021
englois:

Wetin for happen?

Goan ask Tony Kabaka for benin grin grin
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by walexsho(m): 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2021
The problem with some people is that they want to buy land in already developed location. You will eventually end in trouble. Just like a woman searching for someone as rich as Dangote ... she will eventually get in the hands of ritualists. Buy Land in new site and ensure you make an adequate findings. If omo onile wana dupe you, Pay a policeman handsomely and get him arrested. Do not close the case unless you have been allocated another land or refunded your money

2 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Kurumaru: 10:18pm On Mar 29, 2021
Ofadaman:
Why don't you just look for a credible real estate company and ask them to do proper check for you and be sure to get your documents ready to show true ownership e.g C of O, survey and allocation etc. to avoid headaches, buying land from omonile is not a good way to go
The real estate company charges you exorbitantly, then contacts the town planners on your behalf.. why not contact a Town Planner directly. There are town planning offices in every district..

6 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Jaqenhghar: 10:18pm On Mar 29, 2021
RSVP:
This is one of the sacriest thing in Nigeria.

I still remember one man named Mr. Ariwoko that was very active on one particular radio program back then in Ogun state had same issue with his property. They served him noticed for 2weeks and he was pleading bad pushing the issue over the media and everywhere in btw that period maybe there would be a solution. so and I was listening to the program that day when he called in and said his house was being demolished right infront of him as he speak..It was very painful to listen to a family man going through all that and the memories still plays in my head till today.

I do not know what one can do in this situation but I will suggest you and other people affected should seek a lawyer's opinion.
It's sad we living in a lawless country where govt do anyhow over the masses.

I pray you overcome this obstacle and find peace.
there was a man like that too in Kaduna. After years of working abroad he retired to settle in KAduna. SO there wont be any issue, he went to the ministry of Land and actually followed due process to get his land and started building. he was almost finidshed when the government came to demolish his house. The same people that approved of the sale of the land were the same guys who went to demolish it. THe man just packed his family and went back abroad

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Abolajihowells2: 10:20pm On Mar 29, 2021
Don't be scared pls, nothing will happen to your house . Your house can't be demolished . Talking from experience
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Killermamba: 10:21pm On Mar 29, 2021
Moneyboyz:
I bought this land last year and developed it this year, Still paying some debts I owe cause the money I had couldn't take it to roofing level so I had to borrow to complete it once and for all.
I'm still praying for God to provide so I can pay off debts and get money to roof the 3 bedroom flat when I received a call from the person I put in charge that people from the ministry of housing are about to demolish the whole house in that area in 7 days.
As I am right now I'm not feeling alright, I don't know what might happen to me if this eventually happens cause na my life savings I put for there.
Property located in ifo/arigbajo Ogun state.

That is why Ogun state can never develop. Government always fighting resident

3 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Weedhustler: 10:21pm On Mar 29, 2021
Omihanifa:
Two options are available in my own opinion

All of you should go to court and secure an injunction as soon as possible.

Or

You can also gather others and lead a protest to the government House or office so that the government can help you guys out by allocating another plot elsewhere

Talk is cheap...... U saw a cheap land n u dive in! Ask questions before u buy landed property

3 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 29, 2021
Moneyboyz:
I bought this land last year and developed it this year, Still paying some debts I owe cause the money I had couldn't take it to roofing level so I had to borrow to complete it once and for all.
I'm still praying for God to provide so I can pay off debts and get money to roof the 3 bedroom flat when I received a call from the person I put in charge that people from the ministry of housing are about to demolish the whole house in that area in 7 days.
As I am right now I'm not feeling alright, I don't know what might happen to me if this eventually happens cause na my life savings I put for there.
There is no official stamp and signature on the notice paper.This could be another ploy to extort money from the landowners.Why you no do proper investigation before you buy land from another man's land?

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by klickstar: 10:23pm On Mar 29, 2021
My brother relax na two different lands Amosun government collect from me still I no die coz problem no dey finish I beg chill and enjoy yourself while you can Peace

3 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by mfm04622: 10:29pm On Mar 29, 2021
RSVP:

I still remember one man named Mr. Ariwoko that was very active on one particular radio program back then in Ogun state had same issue with his property. They served him noticed for 2weeks and he was pleading bad pushing the issue over the media and everywhere in btw that period maybe there would be a solution. so and I was listening to the program that day when he called in and said his house was being demolished right infront of him as he speak..It was very painful to listen to a family man going through all that and the memories still plays in my head till today.

I do not know what one can do in this situation but I will suggest you and other people affected should seek a lawyer's opinion.

People selling, buying and developing govt properties are not lawless, it is govt that want to collect back her property that is lawless?

2 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Jamesrock(m): 10:29pm On Mar 29, 2021
BruncleZuma:
Omonile don eye your land; go your state Housing and Urban Planning Agency make dem check their charts if your land fall enter government land true true. Don't be a victim.

How can I do this in Ogun state
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Mutemenot(m): 10:32pm On Mar 29, 2021
You just have to accept your fate now. If you bargain now, the next government 'll still come for demolition .. It's absolutely wrong to build on government land...

4 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by TechSkill: 10:35pm On Mar 29, 2021
Moneyboyz:

I just tire bro, those people didn't pay my money till date, I bought another land and developed it and now this is happening. I finished it just 2 weeks ago.
I think you need to learn how acquire land in Nigeria.

Even from the way you are speaking, it means you might buy another bad one in the near future.

Fix up your education on property Asap cos u will likely repeat this mistakes again

2 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by 9jaRealist: 10:36pm On Mar 29, 2021
Omihanifa:

Or

You can also gather others and lead a protest to the government House or office so that the government can help you guys out by allocating another plot elsewhere

While I feel empathy for dude, as a fellow human being...
Why should the government effectively reward illegality?

I believe Ogun State has a GIS system (since about 2012)...
So don’t really understand why people keep buying land illegally.

Best counsel would be to go back to the SELLER!
>

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Validated: 10:36pm On Mar 29, 2021
Moneyboyz:

Any money I see from now on I will just leave this shit hole Country for good.

There are no signboard of government acquisition, not everyone knows where to go about these things, this is my second land investment going down the drain ��
Have you verified that this is correct? I mean why not take the notice theur office just to verify it is genuine.
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by hayzed27(m): 10:37pm On Mar 29, 2021
Bro put jazz ontop ur land any weyrey we enter ur land go kpeme,govt no dey look uche face or make i arrange am...
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Solatium(m): 10:40pm On Mar 29, 2021
Omihanifa:

Or

Yinmu,if na accusation dem buy even of them go supreme court government go still demolish.
That is why it's very important to Chart a land before buying

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by womenareapes1: 10:40pm On Mar 29, 2021
Moneyboyz:
your moniker even show say Na gee boy you be undecided

which person shiit you go eat were make you buy land for government property? undecided

2 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by 9jaRealist: 10:41pm On Mar 29, 2021
Jamesrock:

Ogun State has a Lands and Survey Bureau...
As well as a Geographical Information System (GIS).

You can get all the land administration information you need through these.
>
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Buffalo2(m): 10:42pm On Mar 29, 2021
Ogun State with land wahala. That's how they demolished some buildings around Ilepa some yrs back. Some died of heart attack and some are yet to regain their balance till now

4 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by NairaMaster1(m): 10:42pm On Mar 29, 2021
Moneyboyz:

Visit your village.

Thank me later
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Adeoba10(m): 10:43pm On Mar 29, 2021
RSVP:

Mr Ariwoko of Rock city fm
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by 9jaRealist: 10:45pm On Mar 29, 2021
Killermamba:
That is why Ogun state can never develop. Government always fighting resident

Or perhaps it can never develop if residents cannot obey simple laws or regulations and follow proper processes...
>

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by BruncleZuma: 10:45pm On Mar 29, 2021
Jamesrock:

Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development

ADDRESS:
Block C 2nd Floor, State Government Secretariat, Oke Mosan, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

POSTAL ADDRESS:
P.M.B 3066, Sapon, Abeokuta.

POLITICAL HEAD
Tpl Olatunji O. Odunlami (08023151208)

ADMINISTRATIVE HEAD
Tpl (Mrs) Yetunde Dina ( 08055722823 )

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Victorclean1: 10:46pm On Mar 29, 2021
Seun Osewa is an APC member and he registered his card. So what do you exy. Seun is the all in the first post
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by OlujobaSamuel: 10:49pm On Mar 29, 2021
The land is gone. Don't invest any resources in fighting the case, or settling anyone, rather channel it to another profitable business. If you do, you might be let off for now, another govt will ultimately carryout the demolition

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:51pm On Mar 29, 2021
IfGodbeforus:

With the experience of what happened in 2019, you would have made proper check with the relevant authorities on this new one before purchasing it
What you are saying is useless to that guy. In Nigeria buildings with the right title deeds have been pulled down talk less of ones with ordinary clearance from "relevant authorities". Which one is relevant authorities?

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by marylandcakes: 10:51pm On Mar 29, 2021
When buying any property use a lawyer to do a search to find out if it’s govt land. You will pay a bit more but you will get your rest of mind.

3 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by muyis1979: 10:52pm On Mar 29, 2021
Run for your life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of 18-Storey Smart Building / See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.