Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? (60921 Views)

Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos / 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge / House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by id4sho(m): 11:46pm On Mar 29, 2021
jay7:

Lolz seriously I am not a suveyor, I am a farmer and I do help setup farms so I know how painful it can be if deligence background check is not properly done on any land before making payment. So it is always advisable to have your red copy survey, this will let you know the purpose of the land you are buying be it residential, commercial, farming, government acquisition e.t.c.
Thumbs up

3 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by mechanics(m): 11:47pm On Mar 29, 2021
You should have made due diligence on the land before building on it, most lands are government reserved area which means that any building on the land can be demolished at any time, just pray you will be allocated another plot of land if they eventually carry out the demolition.

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by sugarbeesmith(m): 11:48pm On Mar 29, 2021
MrPRevailer:
Moneyboyz

The God of Chosen is your ultimate solution. He has done it for many others whose properties could have been destroyed but God of Chosen intervened. Many miracles of such abound in Chosen.

My advice is contact me privately, I will give you my GO. Daddy's number. Call him and tell him your situation. He will pray a short prayer. And the angel of God will go to work on your behalf.

If you choose to take this step, you must decide that you will come to Chosen HQ and testify was God has done for you. Because you should not eat God's glory
scammorudeen

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by calcal: 11:51pm On Mar 29, 2021
This won't happen without due process in ODUDUWA NATION, no one will be rendered homeless.

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Papertrail11(m): 11:52pm On Mar 29, 2021
akankemi1:
Estate land( like adrons home,revolution plus e.t.c ) is just the best. might be more expensive but usually no issues.

pray this gets resolved quickly

They are mini scams with their own headaches abeg.

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by orikoku: 12:00am On Mar 30, 2021
Moneyboyz:
I bought this land last year and developed it this year, Still paying some debts I owe cause the money I had couldn't take it to roofing level so I had to borrow to complete it once and for all.
I'm still praying for God to provide so I can pay off debts and get money to roof the 3 bedroom flat when I received a call from the person I put in charge that people from the ministry of housing are about to demolish the whole house in that area in 7 days.
As I am right now I'm not feeling alright, I don't know what might happen to me if this eventually happens cause na my life savings I put for there.
Property located in ifo/arigbajo Ogun state.
if you can get a surveyor around that place to help you pick the coordinates, i can chart if for you free of charge. Do this as soon as possible.
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by optimistic0001: 12:02am On Mar 30, 2021
I can just imagine what you are going through now. I'm also developing somewhere I bought, they started the 2 bedroom last week, and my tomorrow, they should reach Linter level, and tomorrow I'm going to pay for woods and zinc so the roofing can start next week latest. with all the expensive building materials now and the money I have sink into this project this past two weeks, imagine they tell me they want to demolish it, I may collapse I swear, I know how much I just put in there.

My advice, go to their office first find out what can be done if they is remedy, before you people can organize and get a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Empiree: 12:03am On Mar 30, 2021
Moneyboyz:

I just tire bro, those people didn't pay my money till date, I bought another land and developed it and now this is happening. I finished it just 2 weeks ago.
Did you do due deligence at all before buying the land?.

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:03am On Mar 30, 2021
Moneyboyz:
I bought this land last year and developed it this year, Still paying some debts I owe cause the money I had couldn't take it to roofing level so I had to borrow to complete it once and for all.
I'm still praying for God to provide so I can pay off debts and get money to roof the 3 bedroom flat when I received a call from the person I put in charge that people from the ministry of housing are about to demolish the whole house in that area in 7 days.
As I am right now I'm not feeling alright, I don't know what might happen to me if this eventually happens cause na my life savings I put for there.

If you don use this money travel abroad e for better, Nigeria is just a place without a system, if there was a system in place, you would know that is not a buildable place right from the beginning, I pray for you all in that country. All your sweat going down, sorry brother, start preparing your heart for the heartbreak. The sun will shine again. Never giveup

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Empiree: 12:05am On Mar 30, 2021
mechanics:
You should have made due diligence on the land before building on it, most lands are government reserved area which means that any building on the land can be demolished at any time, just pray you will be allocated another plot of land if they eventually carry out the demolition.
does govt compensate for the demolished structures?
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Moneyboyz: 12:28am On Mar 30, 2021
Validated:

Have you verified that this is correct? I mean why not take the notice theur office just to verify it is genuine.

We did, the person in charge said there is nothing he can do that it's order from above. He said if any developments comes up they will let us know.
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by HacheNoire: 12:32am On Mar 30, 2021
Moneyboyz:

If your property is not under high voltage lines or sitting close to a pipeline, you have no right to be scared! Trust me, Its all about MONEY.

I can bet that fact with you. It will end wit money
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by captain247: 12:40am On Mar 30, 2021
Hmmm it very painful and I hope there are provision somewhere in law that will make the government to at least make remittance to people who didn't register their property.

It is very important to first make government findings about a land if its free from government side by using a land surveyor to check in the ministry of land and survey before ever commiting any payment to the person that is selling the land to you.
The surveyor will not only register he will also do chatting of ur land as well to ensure it doesn't affect any road map, railway, power line or pipelines e.t.c in time to come for government use. Then you pay for stamp duty and process your COD.
With these government will pay you half of your property even if you cannot process C of O. After all these before you commence building on the land
It is expensive but would save you the stress and financial loss in future.

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by BruncleZuma: 12:48am On Mar 30, 2021
Jamesrock:

Thank you
Do you have idea of the cost
It should be free but remember to bring something for the boys. If you want it to be official(That is have a documentary proof) hold at least 50k so you'd get a letterheaded notice of compliance or some related document from the head of the ministry.
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by dederocs(m): 12:57am On Mar 30, 2021
Government must stop bringing pains on people, they used all they had to buy land and build, at least compensate them well.
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by dleaf: 1:03am On Mar 30, 2021
Pathetic
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by ZeraSchool: 1:17am On Mar 30, 2021
rafcrown:
Please whatever the situation don't lose hope. By the grace of God you will still build a mansion.
If you want to travel out at any time I will guide you free of charge because I am knowledgeable in this aspect. AFTER RAINFALL, THERE WILL SURELY BE SUNSHINE. CHARTING IS IMPORTANT.
Please I want to travel out. How do I contact you
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Jobabori(m): 1:28am On Mar 30, 2021
dederocs:
Government must stop bringing pains on people, they used all they had to buy land and build, at least compensate them well. Sanwo Olu please.
Did you read the article or you are just being emotional? Op built on a government land in Ogun state and you are calling Sanwoolu.

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by juman(m): 1:43am On Mar 30, 2021
Why the illegal sellers of those land not prosecuted?

Why nigeria is so lawless?

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by akilo1: 1:46am On Mar 30, 2021
Get someone in the house of assembly invilve as soon as possible, to plead with the commissioner of housing , no law in nigeria, waste of time in court
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by scrupulousblog: 2:05am On Mar 30, 2021
Kindly go on your knees and pray to God 🙏. He can change any situation.
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Yankee101: 2:14am On Mar 30, 2021
If you got it legally go to court

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by FirstCounsel(m): 2:19am On Mar 30, 2021
Moneyboyz:

Any money I see from now on I will just leave this shit hole Country for good.

There are no signboard of government acquisition, not everyone knows where to go about these things, this is my second land investment going down the drain ��
Why didn't you consult a lawyer prior to acquiring this land? You can't"know it all".
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by deltateam: 2:20am On Mar 30, 2021
Moneyboyz:

I just tire bro, those people didn't pay my money till date, I bought another land and developed it and now this is happening. I finished it just 2 weeks ago.

Did you buy directly or from a reputable property company?

It's easier to be swindled buying directly
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by deltateam: 2:23am On Mar 30, 2021
Moneyboyz:

There are no signboard of government acquisition, not everyone knows where to go about these things, this is my second land investment going down the drain ��

Your approach is the reason

When you are a novice in an area it's best to consult experts.
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by membranus: 2:42am On Mar 30, 2021
BruncleZuma:

Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development

ADDRESS:
Block C 2nd Floor, State Government Secretariat, Oke Mosan, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

POSTAL ADDRESS:
P.M.B 3066, Sapon, Abeokuta.

POLITICAL HEAD
Tpl Olatunji O. Odunlami (08023151208)

ADMINISTRATIVE HEAD
Tpl (Mrs) Yetunde Dina ( 08055722823 )

Beautiful.

That's why NL is a sweet haven of general information.

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by Grace001: 2:50am On Mar 30, 2021
Moneyboyz:

Nigeria is design to frustrate her citizen...Nigeria will frustrate you to the extent that you begin to wonder if it’s “village people” that is dealing with you

Imagine if this useless cursed country has a good mortgage plan for her citizen will all these nonsense be happening. You do virtually everything for yourself without the help of the government

You hustle buy land
Contribute money to electrify your community by buying poles, cable-wire, transformer etc
Contribute money to grade your road for it to be pliable
Dig bore hole to get water

Bro if you have the means leave this useless god forsaken country

2 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by abraolas1: 3:11am On Mar 30, 2021
9jaRealist:

While I feel empathy for dude, as a fellow human being... Why should the government effectively reward illegality?
I believe Ogun State has a GIS system (since about 2012)... So don’t really understand why people keep buying land illegally.
Best counsel would be to go back to the SELLER! >
hi there
thanks for the advice
just a quick questions ... how do one make use of the GIS system
thanks
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by darthv: 3:25am On Mar 30, 2021
Moneyboyz:

Don't you survey the land?
Re: My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? by ofiko123(m): 3:34am On Mar 30, 2021
Report to the federal government of Nigeria...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of 18-Storey Smart Building / See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.